[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you enjoy this or did it concern you? I think I could tell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Did you enjoy this or did it concern you?

I think I could tell right away this modern Goosebumps was gonna be iffy just based off this picture alone. Least convincing frightened face ever. As I went on to watch it my suspicions were confirmed.
>>
Wait it's on Netflix now? So soon after release?
>>
>>69639703
Apparently.

This is the modern equivalent of a movie bombing and then being released as a bargain bin DVD. Now they just go to Netflix.
>>
It was a pretty good movie. Aimed at kids and not meant to he scary. Don't see the problem.
>>
>>69639703
video release was 3 months ago
>>
>>69639992
>Aimed at kids and not meant to be scary
>Don't see the problem

You just named it desu. Watch the old Goosebumps. Ad it's not even something I grew up with particularly, but the older Goosebumps is entertaining for adults as well. It's not real horror but they put more effort in giving kids a scare or the creeps than this modern iteration.
>>
>>69638705
i actually liked it. saw it one day after school since i got nothing else to do and it was comfy as fuck
>>
>>69640519
You're saying it failed at goals it never set. It failed to meet an expectation you had, an expectation it wasn't aiming for at all.

The movies fine. It's a kids movie.
>>
>>69638705
I wish it was scary like the 90s show. This movie was way too comedic
>>
>>69639703
more than half a year is soon?
>>
I liked the giant praying mantis because muh kaiju
>>
>>69638705
>Did you enjoy this
Yeah, I thought it was really cute. It was an interesting twist on the adaptation formula by making RL Stein a character, and Jack Black didn't phone it in. Worth the watch.
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 1280x720
>>69640834
>one day after school
>>
>>69641460
He could be a college student senpai.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 404x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 404x404
>>69641573
>college student seeing goosebumps in theatre

That's worse, actually.
>>
>>69638705
It was pretty much awful. It was exactly like any other reboot geared towards kids.
>>
I enjoyed it A LOT.

It was like a less serious mashup between Hocus Pocus and Jumanji.

The actress was very charming as well and the supporting cast were surprisingly not terrible. Kinda funny.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.