[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> MARVEL BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 47
File: maravel.png (958 KB, 1009x746) Image search: [Google]
maravel.png
958 KB, 1009x746
> MARVEL BTFO
>>
>>69636189

a post with no source or context, how refreshing
>>
>>69636189

You need a context ? Do you want me to hold you hand too ?
>>
>>69636189
>The Producer willingly took time out of his busy day fucking a giant pile of money to give us this headline.
>>
>Tranktastic 4 producer
>>
>>69636189
>Producer Simon Winberg, who’s worked on the X-Men movies and Fantastic Four

Not the real Marvel.
>>
>>69636189

We all knew that, we go to DC for good movies and Marvel for panem et circenses tier flicks
>>
File: 571953133.png (635 KB, 565x821) Image search: [Google]
571953133.png
635 KB, 565x821
Looks like this was right after all
>>
>>69636189
>Producer admits, disney is making flicks for retards
>>
File: mcu.jpg (190 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
mcu.jpg
190 KB, 1024x576
>>69636189
In an ideal world, comic book adaptations would be pushing the boundaries of audio-visual storytelling, offering a sense of style and playfulness unique to the medium. For all its juvenile flaws, the medium of handdrawn capeshit actually is its own artform and kept reinventing itself.

When you look at revered classics in cinema history, you see filmmakers with sensibilities that aren't that different from comic book artists. Filmmakers who understand the power of imaginative framing and editing, they played with depth, angles or colors schemes, experimented with montage techniques, sound design or lenses.

This is a picture from Stan Lee’s "How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way". Look at it and ask yourself how would the equivalent "How To Makes Movies the Marvel Way" could look like.

Then ask yourself where the current Kevin Feige-produced MCU titles would be, on the left or on the right? Do they offer visual dynamism, creative and exciting use of the medium's possibilities in order to heighten the experience? Personally, when I look at this picture, I can see exciting formalists and pop artists like Orson Welles, Seijun Suzuki or Sergio Leone belonging on the right, or even to stay strictly in the field of current blockbuster filmmakers, people like George Miller, the Wachowski Sisters or Brad Bird but certainly not Peyton Reed or Jon Favreau, with their flat, uninspired televisual (lack of) style.

All the great Marvel artists would absolutely agree that the MCU is a bland, soulless sham.
>>
File: MarvelFilmmakers.jpg (543 KB, 780x1524) Image search: [Google]
MarvelFilmmakers.jpg
543 KB, 780x1524
Can Marvel supporters really defend their choice of filmmakers, as risk-taking artists or even simply talented at making exciting action set pieces or memorable characters? Of course not. It really isn't surprising, considering most of them come from bottom-of-the-barrel Apatow-tier comedies or TV sitcoms.

Notice how the good/interesting capeshit filmmakers come from deeply visual genres (Raimi, Del Toro from horror, Burton and Bird from animation). They also seem to have a genuine love for the material, as it was part of the counter-culture when they grew up.

People like Nolan or Singer who come from solid neo-noir thrillers; while not visionary or creative have at the very least an elegant style of filmmaking and try to tell thematically meaningful stories, treat their characters/universes seriously and the audiences with respect.
>>
File: breaking-news.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
breaking-news.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>69636189
>>
>>69636354

nice shoop
>>
>Marvel nu-males hate Snyder

I'm not surprised. After all, their idols are Peyton Reed and Joss Whedon.

Seeing an alpha male like Zack Snyder causes them to remember how they were bullied by an alpha male and uncomfortable and lash out the only way they know how -impotently typing out hateful words on a Japanese jpeg board. Some, like Ant-Man director Peyton Reed when shown a statement from a capeflick rumor monger saying "DC directors can physically beat up Marvel directors," choose to withdraw into safe spaces instead. It's little wonder why /tv/ connects with Marvel more.

Men are meant to be strong in mind and body. Aren't those the values of superheroes, the reason these characters impressed you as a kid? The divide between DC and Marvel isn't just about the quality in filmmaking (where DC obviously win). Some people grew up reading comics, looked up to their heroes and decided to follow their paths. They hit the gym and became better, healthier persons: leaders, alphas. Meanwhile, others neglected their bodies, because their minds stayed weak, they remained scared and pathetic manchildren even in middle age. If real life was a superhero comics, these guys would be the villains' victims at best and the villains themselves at worst. Would you really trust them to bring the true spirit and meaning of superheroes to the screen, when at their deepest core they cannot possible understand these values?
>>
>>69636304
>retards agree, disney rumored to buy the moon for a new theme park and labor camps
>>
File: guide to capekino V1.jpg (413 KB, 1860x1400) Image search: [Google]
guide to capekino V1.jpg
413 KB, 1860x1400
>liking MCUflicks
Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and souless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest-common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conveiced product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Civil War or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangers for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.
>>
>>69636304
He works for Fox. X FAGS BTFO.
>>
>>69636189
It wasn't already apparent?
>>
>>69636189
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>69636189
well i'll be damned
>>
Can the mods start deleting all the capeshit threads already?
>>
>>69637343
they make the threads themselves
>>
>>69636410
>>69636377
>>69636352
>>69636298
>>69636189
gosh, you must be one desperate DCfanboy to make such efforts to prove your spandex heroes' unnecessarily want-to-be-serious flick look like a cinema masterpiece
>>
>>69636298
And yet the main stream audience finds marvel better and more relative.
>>
>>69636285
Winberg
>>
>>69637483
retarded marvelfags act like they're any better than DCucks
>>
>>69637629
yes, the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>69637343
>>69637414

It's OK. OP has left long ago. You can all go home. Amazing how shitposting on /tv/ can give self-sufficient threads.
>>
File: scare.webm (742 KB, 840x472) Image search: [Google]
scare.webm
742 KB, 840x472
>>69637849
DCucks so mad they have to act as if they hated capeshit all along because BvS failed
>>
>>69636189
>swimming in money
>BTFO
DCucks are getting pretty desperate.
>>
>>69637941
oh we have a lot of hot opinions about superhero movies
these threads are literally alive
>>
>>69637995
Even more considering the one who said it it's a producer of Fox, not of the MCU.
>>
>>69636189
>still sells like hot cakes
In the end, it doesn't matter
>>
>>69636189
>this movie will show marvelcucks how to make decent, dark and mature capeshit
>$869.8 million
>>
both dc and marvel make products for 5 year boys so in the end all you immature man children weak fat beta faggots lose constantly
>>
>>69637930
It's all capeshit anon, may as well argue what type of shit has the most peanuts
>>
>>69638584
I think you'll find that Reddit is the hub of capeshit my plebo friendo
>>
>>69637961
>>69638330

BvS is mroe entertaining than anything the MCU has put out, not to mention its made more money individually than most of your shitty ass movies
>>
>>69637995
But are (You) literally swimming in money, anon?
>>
>>69638654
Disney pays me $.15 a post m80 :^)
>>
>>69638638
Congratulations, a movie with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman has made more than a movie about the Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>69638638
>ensemble of the only heroes people care about
>can't make TDK or TDKR's box office
JUST
>>
>>69638696
>>69638737

literally all your catalog gets BTFO, try to meme it off with memes of the galaxy
>SUPERMAN BATMAN AAAAAAAAAAND WONDERWOMAN SHOULD MAKE 6 BILLION DOLLARS EASILY!!!!
>typical retarded autistic rants from marvelfags
>>
>>69638678
Sign me in, anon. I don't want to sell my ass anymore.
>>
>>69638769
If Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman don't make 1 billion, nothing will.
Not to mention people outright hated BvS, so JL is facing even greater odds.
>>
>>69638812
>If Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman don't make 1 billion, nothing will.
I can talk out of my ass too. Remind me, how much did MCU's second movie make in their cookie cutter assembly line of movies? Oh, that's right, $250 million. LOL
>>
>>69638852
How much did Nolan's second Batman solo movie make?
>>
>>69638852
>2nd
Are we forgetting Green Lantern?
Not to mention it's not like DC is some obscure franchise they've been making movies for decades. Marvel took Iron Man who was a C-lister and managed to make him stupidly popular. Same with GotG. DC's big team up movie can't even break a billion kek
>>
>>69638852
>he's trying to compare Hulk with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman
There's nothing more delicious than DC cuckold tears.
>>
File: robert-downey-junior.jpg (50 KB, 321x600) Image search: [Google]
robert-downey-junior.jpg
50 KB, 321x600
>>69636189
D R O P P E D
>>
>>69638852
>DC is so desperate they already have the three heavy hitters in the DCEU
>can't make even 900 million
>with a fucking 500 million opening weekend
>>
>>69636189
In other news the Pope admits he's Catholic
>>
>>69636298
You can describe Ant-Man or Captain America in the exact same way but whoever made this chose not to.
>>
>>69638852
>comparing Hulk with three of the most popular superheroes in history, and DC's three most popular heroes
Seriously, look at this.
A fucking Batman vs Superman movie, with no competition, and people decided that it was better to stay at home than going to watch it.
>>
File: 1469161085.jpg (157 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1469161085.jpg
157 KB, 500x600
>>69638875
>muh nolan
lets talk about all the nonMCU movies while we're at it
>>69638910
see above
>>69638911
lol marvelfags so retarded they can't actually look at facts
>>69638942
>BvS only made $869 million!!!!! THE DCEU IS DEAD
only retarded anons actually believe this
>>
File: mo-money.png (50 KB, 676x408) Image search: [Google]
mo-money.png
50 KB, 676x408
>>69636189
>MARVEL BTFO?
>>
>>69638992
>movie makes $869 million
>LITERALLY NO ONE SAW THIS MOVIE LEL KEKEKEKE
marvelfag artism continues unabated
>>
>>69639014
>Batman and Wonder Woman only managed to add 160 million more to the Superman solo movie
>both movies are critically panned

There's also the fact that BvS opened with a massive 500 million opening weekend, the biggest in superhero history.
And even then, it got gigantic drops of around 60-70% each week, for a total of 95% drop in 4 weeks.
Why?
Abysmal word of mouth, there's nothing else, people didn't like it.
Either that, or turns out more than half the people who were interested in the movie watched it on release.

The problem here is that BvS had to seal the reputation of the DCEU and solidify it's status as a franchise, and turns out both critics and a fuckload of people hated it.
So, the franchise begins with the big guns, with Superman. What happens? Very divisive movie, people have their doubts, some dislike it.
They brought Batman and Wonder Woman.
More of the same, but with even more dislike, probably due to everyone realizing DC is rushing everything to bring in their own Avengers.
Do they need the entire goddamn Justice League to convince people?
And even then, are Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg going to change anyone's opinion, even more with Snyder making JL?
What made people expectant for Avengers was the build up, seeing the origin of everyone, and how it all came together.
DC made one solo movie, and in the next movie we have seen the entire Justice League in different forms.

If this goes on, what will happen to DC is what happened to FOX, they'll retain a loyal fanbase, but a very small one.
>>
>>69639033
>movie fails to make the same it did on the opening weekend over the next 2 months
You know why that is?
Terrible word of mouth.
People telling others to not watch it because it's bad.
>>
MCU movies are literally mcdonald toys at this point.

Collect them all!
>>
File: 1460579355122.jpg (51 KB, 400x505) Image search: [Google]
1460579355122.jpg
51 KB, 400x505
>>69639037
>Marvel won

Excuse me? I didn't quite catch that Marvelfriend.It sounds to me like you're trying to say that marvel has won something. Let's see what they won, shall we?

>DC has the best capeshit movie of all time
>DC has the best animated movies/shows/cartoons
>DC has the best video games
>DC has the most memorable comics
>DC even has the best memes of all time

Let me tell you what Marvel has. BOX OFFICE. That's right, box office money. Marvel's legacy will be the box office money they've made from their cinematic universe. Marvel knows their audiance (mostly teenagers,young adults,soccer moms) and know how to sell their movies(just add some half-assed CGI and handfull of quips). Marvel knows they have you in their pockets and when they give the order, you sit down like the good dog you are, and wait for your next treat(Civil War,Doctor Strange). Remeber Age of Ultron? (I don't blame if you don't), everyone already forgot the movie exists, and this movie was supposed to be the climax of 4 MCU movies. They have yet to make ONE memorable movie. The Winter Soldier is a good action flick but nothing groundbreaking(70's espionage movie my ass). No one is going to remeber all the current and future mediocre flicks that Marvel shit's out twice a year(Civil War won't be any different). In 20 years, when people will look back on capeshit, they will remeber how amazing and groundbreaking The Dark Knight was, and when they will think of Marvel, they'll be like "I liked that one movie with the Man of Iron". Now i know it's hard pill to swallow and you will probably call me a DCÛCK shill, and then proceed to post your favorite Chris Evans reaction picture you have(which is a hilarious comeback XD). But deep down, you know im right. So you go right ahead and enjoy this thing you so call "Victory".
>>
>>69639033
>H-HAHA, THE DCEU ISN'T DEAD AT ALL, LOOK AT ALL THIS MONEY

>>69639080
>BOX OFFICE DOESN'T MATTER

lmao mad DCuck
>>
>>69639065
>lol made no money
>lol no one saw it
keep posting, all of this stupidity is fucking hilarious
>>
Where are the Evan posters when you need them?
>>
>>69639112
It made money, but out of fanboy hype and marketing.
The moment people knew what it was, they dropped it.
>500 million on opening weekend
>300 million during the next 2 months
Failure.
This is going to hurt Justice League.
>>
>>69637629
They also chose not to see movies like Edge of Tomorrow or How to Train Your Dragon 2.

But they sure as hell flooded out to see fucking Minions didn't they?
>>
File: 146051494425.gif (1 MB, 172x162) Image search: [Google]
146051494425.gif
1 MB, 172x162
>>69639111
delusional marvelfags as usual. Too bad about the DCEU actually being cancelled... oh wait
>mfw snyder triggers the fuck out of you over the course of the next 5 years
>>
>>69636189

Is this really news to anyone? The Disney movies never had good plots or villains. Shared universe is a obvious gimmick. Theres no plot threads to share because they don't fucking have plots. I'm fine with it and I enjoy the movies but lets not pretend these aren't anything more than vapid toy commercials/b-comedy action movies.
>>
>>69639169
>Aquaman being rewritten from page 1
>Suicide Squad reshoots the moment BvS flops critically
>Flash director fails out
>Cyborg rumored to be getting cancelled
It's a sinking ship.
>>
>>69639188
>its a sinking ship because some retards on an image board think it is
>>
>>69639201
>THE CRITICS DON'T MATTER
>THE WORLD DOESN'T MATTER
>BOX OFFICE FACTS DON'T MATTER
>IT'S COMPLETELY FINE, THIS BUILDING ISN'T ON FIRE, THE SMOKE IT'S JUST HAM GETTING COOKED
>>
>>69639111
>implying box office matters

So I guess the Transformer films, Twilight films, Minions, Jurassic World, etc are all the highest quality of kino?

Face it -- people have shit taste in film.
>>
File: 148764657352.png (296 KB, 1898x405) Image search: [Google]
148764657352.png
296 KB, 1898x405
>>69639223
DCucks seemed to think so, back when people thought the movie wasn't going to be garbage, of course.
>>
>>69636377

Yup. Whenever I meet a Marvel fan (one that only reads Marvel and no other publisher anyway) they are always either skinny little hipsters that never get laid and like tabletop games or they are fat stinky kids that cannot socialize. People that read a little bit of everything and are able to enjoy more than just Disney/Marvel are well adjusted, get laid and have social lives. Not joking.
>>
>>69639080
So is Marvel. Comics are debatable wheter they are good or not.
Not a fact, because either 4chan or internet itself will die in few years.
And people are realizing that it has a lot of plotholes and stupid things. Also, not part of the DCEU.
All Batman.

Fuck off, stop crying.
>>
>>69636189
>Producer Simon Winberg, who’s worked on the X-Men movies and Fantastic Four, had the realisation while working on Deadpool.
>they use a pic of the Avengers
Holy clickbait, Batman.
>>
File: 1460921505958.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1460921505958.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
>>69639220
>critics """matter"""
>$869 million dollars in revenue means no one saw it or liked it!
>$869 million dollars in revenue means no one saw it or liked it!
>literally nothing is wrong with the DCEU, but its on fire because I say it is!
pic related, its literally you
>>
>>69639261
>g-g-guys, stop the wars, w-we are both fine, peace...
DCucks are just beaten dogs begging for mercy at this point.
>>
File: 1460856504129.jpg (310 KB, 1680x1680) Image search: [Google]
1460856504129.jpg
310 KB, 1680x1680
>>69639292
*tips fedora while stepping out of the shadows*

The pitiful peons at Marvel have underestimated the power of DC one time too many. The "Marvel Cinematic Universe". Huh. A shoddily shot, messily put together series of soulless and artless wastes of celluloid designed to appeal to the base intellects of moronic manchildren still dreaming of becoming powerful as they waste their lives away masterbating to images of Black Widow.

Only a fool and a weakling of mind could gain satisfaction from watching poorly animated CGI trade weightless and impactless punches while trading quips a severely mentally retarded Thai ladyboy would find beneath him/her.

DC understand cinéma. They understand kino. DC know how to build shade and light in a performance, how to engage the minds of true enlightened souls. DC have redefined not just superhero films, but the entire film industry itself.

Mentally challenged Marvel fanboys can only begin to grasp the tectonic shift in filmmaking that has been unleashed. Critics and reviewers fail to recognize a movie far ahead of its time once again, crying on their blogs about lack of snark and quipping - failing to recognize a literal masterpiece as it unfolds before them.

The public have responded. The entire filmmaking industry has been shaken to its core. DC have changed the game utterly - a new landscape is carved, a beauty is born, a God walks among men.

*teleports away*
>>
>>69639242
They also thought critics would like it...

You know what? Fuck it, if the normies want Marvel shit to eat up the entire industry along with Star Wars and Disney they can have it, but then we need to come to terms with the fact that any bit of 'art' that existed in film is no longer true, for it has become nothing but a corporate product.

Not saying the DC films are any better (sans Nolan bats which were at least beautifully filmed and felt like an actual cinematic experience) but with how saturated our culture is getting with Disney I'd say it's all over.
>>
>>69639223
>implying box office matters
Of course it matters Anon. A billion dollar movie doesn't equate to Kino. But is certain mean something when people are willing to shell out money to see it.

Can't we be reasonable about this?
>>
>>69639305
>previous two Batman solo movies made 1 and 1.2 billion
>BvS makes 860 million
>critically panned
>box offiice underperform for obvious bad word of mouth

Don't worry, i'm sure those flames coming out of the building are just lights.
>>
>>69639333
But there's no art to be found in DC.
You have a guy who has been told he's a talentless hack who can only do film student-tier cinematography everytime he releases a new movie in charge of DC's MCU.
Who the hell thought something good would come out of this?
>>
>>69639292
>people are realizing that it has a lot of plot holes and stupid things

You did not seriously just defend Marvel by attacking the Dark Knight did you?

When the fuck did this board go to shit?
>>
File: 1425699084302.jpg (79 KB, 577x960) Image search: [Google]
1425699084302.jpg
79 KB, 577x960
>>69639364
>>
>>69639331
Man, i responded to you with a clear mind, i waited for a serious response but instead you are giving me pasta. I easily won then.
>>
File: 142549659380.png (58 KB, 249x211) Image search: [Google]
142549659380.png
58 KB, 249x211
>I-I'TS GOING TO MAKE 1.7 BILLION GUYS
>fast forward 2 months
>B-BOX OFFICE DOESN'T MATTER, O-ONLY NECKBEARDS CHOOSE SIDES

Someone should just put DCucks out of their misery.
>>
>>69639364

I do think that someone like George Miller should be put in charge since he's a better director AND he can continue to give DC the image of being the superhero "universe" that still strives to make their films feel like films as opposed to made-for-television specials.

Also
>student-tier cinematography

Man, if Snyder's cinematography is "student tier" what the fuck does that make Marvel's cinematography? Retard tier?
>>
File: smug.png (202 KB, 352x356) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
202 KB, 352x356
>>69639398
>Took me a moment to get it
Well done, Anon.
>>
>>69639459
No, Marvel doesn't try at cinematography, Snyder does, and he delivers garbage like that shot from Clark in the church and Jesus in the background, or the one in BvS with Superman in the air and a woman reaching out his hand to him.

It's fucking embarassing.
>>
File: 1463344005514.jpg (81 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
1463344005514.jpg
81 KB, 600x593
>>
>>69636189
People who like MCU are menchildren who fully embrace their inner child, laugh at funny, entertaining, occasionally serious movies, and move on.

People who like DCEU are menchildren who are ashamed of being menchildren and who have to hide this as much as they can behind maymays like:
>[sophomore] symbolism!
>kino!
>I hate bright colors!
>I hate fun!
>Snyder is so intellectual!
While watching in awe at man in tights beating furry and later them fighting fairy tale gray monster

Snydercucks are easily the most hypocrite, self-hating and despicable fanboi group that ever stuck on /tv/. Note that Marvelfags freely admitted that AoU was shit or X-fags admitted that Last Stand was shit. But DCucks?
>NO MY MANCHI- CAPEKINO IS FLAWLESS! CONSPIRACY! MARVELDRONES!
Their whole existence is being based on being menchildren in denial who pretend to be better than other menchildren, when in reality they are the most insecure, childish, impressible and stupid bunch of people here. Yes, they are actually dumber than Marveldrones. And "their" movies are objectively worse.
>>
File: kidzpower.jpg (7 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
kidzpower.jpg
7 KB, 250x187
>>69636189

Disney Marvel Universe
Iron Man 1
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Norton Hulk
Thor 1
Thor 2
Cap 1
Cap 2
Cap 3
Ant Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers 1
Avengers 2

DC Universe:
MOS
BvS

I might be missing a movie from Marvel but whatever. Basically DC is on their Iron Man 2. Suicide Squad is there Iron Man 3. They are just getting started even though people see it as a rough start, it really isn't. The movies are making money to justify sequels but they are being critically panned. Disney has had a brand for years at this point and people will see anything they put out. None of the Disney movies are actually better than 6/10s but they make money and critics like *most* of them for whatever reason so they will continue.

While it's hard not to compare the two franchises they simply aren't at the same level of marketing power right now. I enjoy all of these movies because I grew up watching superhero cartoons and such but its not hard to see that the Disney movies don't really have good storylines, vilains or music and are generally composed like tv movies. All the movies have the same look and feel which makes sense on some level but it's not hard to see that the studio has more power than the directors or writers, which is why these flicks have a vaguely bland feeling. Don't love Snyder or Goyer but they are trying something different. I have a feeling Ayer is a better director. I think Affleck and Terrio should have more power but we'll see. DC just started 3 years ago vs Marvels 8 or 9 years ago so I'm glad they are starting to try and compete. Competition is good for the customer I always say. Cheers.
>>
>>69639533

>People who like MCU are menchildren

Yup. Moving on.
>>
>>69639372
You did not seriously just defend Marvel by attacking the Dark Knight did you?
Sorry, but it's true.
The movie has a lot of cool things. The cast is good, the story is well structured, Zimmer did a good job and i liked the fights there. However, things like Joker's plan (adding that conveniently no one saw his bus) and the lack of Bruce are visible by the third watch. It's great for it's genre, maybe.
>>
>>69639513
So... it's less pathetic to not even try at something than to try and fail?
>>
>>69637483
It's pretty hilarious, children and retards who can not into cinema with actual substance arguing who's cape flick is smarter.
>>
>>69639590
Yes.
If Snyder was 30, it would be understandable, he still has a long career ahead.
But he's 50 and he's delivering garbage that I would expect from students who are still not qualified to make movies.
>>
>>69639559
Let's not pretend that DC is just some up and coming franchise with some relatively unknown characters kek
Their brand was very solid with Nolan's Batman and then they fucked up.
No matter how you spin it a movie with Batman and Superman should break a billion easy but DC managed to fuck that up. Pretty sure fucking Zootopia is making more money on a weekly basis.
>>
>>69639559
The problem is that you can't build a franchise upon something that people dislike.
If Justice League underperforms too, it'll all be over.
Not to talk about Wonder Woman which is a guaranteed flop.
Both because of desinterest, and because it's facing both Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and Transformers 5.
>>
>>69639559
>Suicide Squad is there Iron Man 3
Nope, it's Thor.
Iron Man 1 & 2, Hulk, Thor and Cap were made along with Paramount.
>>
>>69636189
only degenerate manchildren like such movies anyways.
why even care?
>>
>>69639616
Sorry, but in my opinion I'd rather see a director try to deliver something visually interesting and fail, than to deliver something bland-as-fuck and shot as if it were made for television.

Both are bad, but I can at least respect Snyder for trying to make his flick feel like a film. Can't say the same for any Marvel movie with the possible exception of GoTG, and even then it looked pretty cheap imho.
>>
>>69639628
Zootopia has made more than 100 million more than BvS.
>>
>>69639650
>because it's facing both Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and Transformers 5

So normies who think BvS and DC is shit will instead spend their money on the fifth installment of a dying franchise or Bay-splosions?

Are these really the only options the public thinks they have at the cinema?

Originality is dead and we killed it. Well done humanity -- you make me sick.
>>
>>69639679
If you want to see something visually interesting why are you watching Snyder's movies?
He's not doing anything interesting, that's precisely the problem, he tries, and delivers embarassing shots that I would expect from a videogame.
>>
>>69639628

Your willfully ignoring the fact that nobody was thinking about shared universe stuff in 2008. Iron Man 1 just came out. Nolans Batman is not apart of the DC "universe" though that is the only cape movie to be oscar bait and is still arguably the best put together superhero movie to this day. I do find it amusing that DC is trying to make it's movies like Nolan because of this. I think they should move away from him.

Also when you use meme words like "kek" it makes you sound like an imbecile.
>>
>>69639725
>So normies who think BvS and DC is shit will instead spend their money on the fifth installment of a dying franchise or Bay-splosions?
Yes because the other choice is more grimdark miserable stories with a boring main-lead played by a horrible actress.
>>
>>69636382
The moon is not something you can go to. The earth is flat, don't you know? Stay woke.
>>
>>69639753
>can't use kek on 4chan
Kill yourself.
>>
>>69639650

I disagree. Iron Man 1 was meh and look where we are now. Pirates was pretty gay and they have like 5 movies. Same thing can be said about Transformers. All of these franchises are comprised of pretty awful movies that normies spend money on.
>>
>>69639675

No Suicide Squad isn't Iron Man 3 it's Thor!

Iron Man 3 = Thor = every Marvel movie
>>
File: 86.png (22 KB, 432x288) Image search: [Google]
86.png
22 KB, 432x288
>capeshit wars
>>
>>69639753
>call someone imbecile
>can't use the right form of you're

I'm not having some high brow intellectual conversation about this shit. DC has fucked up there is no denying that but keep making excuses for why DC can't make a film that competes with GotG kek
>>
>>69639793

You can do whatever you want but you still sound dumb.

"Kill yourself meme," lol I must have really pissed you off. Enjoy!
>>
>>69639685

Zootopia looks like garbage. I'm sure it made alot of money because it's for babies.
>>
>>69639817
>Iron Man 1 was meh
But people loved it.
Marvel was about to go under, if both Iron Man and Hulk failed, Marvel would have gone broke.
>>
>>69639852
this. never posted on /v/ but now i understand the butthurt about console posters
>>
>>69639675
No, Wonder Woman is Thor.
>>
>>69639727
I'm not saying his films are necessarily good, but I at least know I'll get something different.

>>69639762
>implying there are only three choices

Like I said, are these the only movies people care about now? Three sequels that are not needed?

All three are terrible, and the fact that people think they'll skip out on one because it 'sucks' and go to the others thinking that they are actually good is pathetic.
>>
>>69639080
>best memes
So you admited DC is shit.
>>
>>69639892
Zootopia was actually great -- and I'm someone who fucking hates Disney and the constant circle-jerk surrounding them.

Now that said, I still have no interest in Finding Dory or le tumblr, brown princess i.e. Moana.
>>
>>69639947
>I at least know I'll get something different.
There are plenty of movies with pretentious, in-your-face, film-student tier shots out there anon.
The difference is that those movies are not very well known because no sane person puts this kind of hacks in charge of big movies.
>>
>>69636322
But neither of those feature a character doing a jesus on the cross pose.
>>
>>69639893

Iron Man: Worldwide Gross: $585,174,222

Man of Steel: Worldwide Gross: $668,045,518

Marvel had a movie that people liked and was profitable as there starting point. Dc had a movie that less people liked and was even more profitable as there starting point. Eh I'm fine with this. If Marvel is this successful 8 years later, I'm sure this board will be all DC threads in 8 years lol
>>
>>69639070
>only MCU
all capeshit movies are
>>
>>69640035
It won't because people are not liking them.
They watched them because they are Superman and Batman.
It's brand name.
I'd like to see DC release Cyborg and see if it makes more than 50 million, though there's already rumors that it's cancelled.
>>
>>69640035
The problem is that you can't build a franchise on movies nobody likes.
Look at Green Lantern, that's what happens when DC makes a movie about a slightly less popular character.

You are never going to see a Atom movie in the DCEU.
>>
>>69640084

It's not hard to see that DC will be profitable and popular down the line. I wouldn't have guessed Iron Man 1 or Hulk would have turned into anything 8 years ago. It's just extrapolating data, I can't see into the future and neither can you.

Also I'm glad Cyborg was cancelled. I'd rather get a Teen Titans show. Wonder Woman and Aquaman are movies that I'd much rather see.
>>
>>69640035
Yes, a Superman movie made 80 million more than an Iron Man movie.
>>
File: scan0128.jpg (477 KB, 1181x1600) Image search: [Google]
scan0128.jpg
477 KB, 1181x1600
>>69636189
Capeshit in comics and movies has always been fill in the blank ad lib shit.
>>
Remember when people were praising the super specific records BvS was breaking?
>Highest profit for a day in march that was also a tuesday!
>>
>>69640162
>It's not hard to see that DC will be profitable and popular down the line
>will be

If DC can't be profitable with a Batman vs Superman movie, they'll never be.
>>
>>69640035
Now show domestic figure, faggot.
>>
>>69640120

Um Green Lantern is getting a reboot. And people liked MOS and it made more money then Iron Man 1 just more people liked Iron Man overall. Saying "nobody" is hyperbole.

Also Atom has his own fucking tv show. That's pretty crazy. There is literally hours upon hours of Atom in action already. We don't even need a movie for him.
>>
>>69640203
> it made more money then Iron Man 1
Superman made more money than a Marvel C-lister?

>Also Atom has his own fucking tv show
He has a mediocre TV show with a lot of other superheroes that DC knows nobody would watch on the big screen.
>>
>>69639080
Spider-Man 2?

>DC has the best animated movies/shows/cartoons
Has DC even won a Best Animated Feature Oscar?

Spider-Man 2, Punisher, X-Men Legends, Wolverine Origins, Ultimate Destruction, Spider-Man?

Marvel has better comics and they actually revitalized and saved the medium, unlike DC, which almost killed it. And those comics are mostly ripped off from Marvel. Not the mention Marvel introduced comics to adults and was the first one to make the first R-Rated comic.

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>69640194
Haven't you heard how KRAZY Jared Leto is because he's pouring his soul into playing the Joker? DC is going to hit it big, man. And nobody cares about Doctor Strange, so Marvel is as good as dead already.
>>
>>69640203
>Um Green Lantern is getting a reboot
Of course it is, because nobody watched that.
>>
>>69640169

Yes and both are starting points for comic book movie franchises. One just started and one is almost a decade ahead. Based on how Marvel is doing now, it bodes well for DC in the future. Shit Marvel has already primed the audience and tested the waters for what works. DC is admittedly trying to avoid copying Marvel's "formula" but it's hard not to see the groundwork already has been laid for these types of movies.
>>
>>69636352
>50/50
Fuck I loved that film so much
>>
>>69640197

Who cares about domestic? The grand total is what matters. There is more than one country then stupid burgerland.
>>
>>69640260

Yes.

What is Netflix what is ABC?
>>
>>69639987
No you're right, it's better to suck the soul out of films and let studios make all the "creative" decisions in place of the directors.
>>
>>69640280
Now I don't want to get into any arguments here but DC really does have the best cartoons, and they have a few comic titles Marvel hasn't topped yet, like Swamp Thing and Sandman.
>>
>>69636410
Im not the guy you're replying to, and I overall pretty much agree with your sentiment about how capeshit has been deteriorating since the early 90's. It could be, it used to be an experimental field much more so than nowadays as you've perfectly explained. Cinema and comics are sequential art forms that share a lot of fundamental principles.
I didn't like CW. I didn't like many recent superhero movies, regardless of their studios. What I see is a lot of creative potential indeed wasted. So I am with you on this anon.

But in the case of Marvel Studio in particular, there is a historical precedent that I find is often overlooked by cinema aficionados. Marvel before being a movie studio was a publisher, they have a rich history, full of ups and down like most long-lasting publishers. Starting in the seventies, marvel had star artists that actually pushed the medium forward. Frank Miller, Joe Kubert, Steve Ditko, John Romita sr and many others. Kirby of course. And for a time it was good. This trend continued into the eighties with other artists such as John Byrne, Arthur Adams, Mike Mignola, and others. And for a time it was still good, better than ever even, some comic nerds would say.

>tbc
>>
>>69640335
Sure. Now show me the budget, DCfriend.
>>
>>69640303
50/50 is the last movie that made me cry.
>>
File: 1357739622942.jpg (646 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1357739622942.jpg
646 KB, 2000x1500
>>69640408

>continued

But then during the late eighties something happened at Marvel Comics. They had a whole entire generation of very promising creative and talented young artists that exploded sales record. Jim lee, Todd McFarlane, Rob Liefeld, and some others. If Kirby was a legend, these new guys were superstars, extremely popular. Whatever they touched turned into solid gold business wise.
But these young artists wanted more creative control, they wanted to own their original art on paper (which wasn't the norm at Marvel and in the american comics industry in general). They had seen their predecessors struggles with art ownership, salaries and creative control, and they refused to be treated the same way. Eventually after negotiations failed they all left Marvel altogether in the same time, they went and created their own publishing company: Image comics. There they had complete creative control, and were pretty much their own bosses. They didn't always necessarily made better comics than the competition, but they had at long last their complete creative freedom. And they sold comics by millions for a few years.

Marvel Comics was left in a very bad spot at that time. Complete damage control mode was on for years and they never truly fully recovered it could be argued. The nineties were a very strange time for Marvel.
Now having said all that, today when I look at Marvel Studios and how they are dealing with their directors, I can not help but think they have a trauma about the Image fiasco. They could have went for great directors, they still could any time. A Spielberg, a Fincher, a Cameron, whoever. But they don't. And I truly believe it's by design in order to maintain editorial control over their IPs. In result what we get is a stale C in the MCU. It is a shame. But they do have their business reasons.
>>
>>69640394
There's no soul in the trash that Snyder delivers, he's like a music video director, he goes out of his way to try his hardest to deliver ''pretty'' shots that you can feel he's treating the audience like retards.
>>
File: 4VRmoVNo6Bg.jpg (51 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
4VRmoVNo6Bg.jpg
51 KB, 500x347
>Console wars will stay on /tv/ at least until July only to be reignited in August when SS will come out
>It will be reignited again in November when Dr. Strange will come out and it will be compared to SS
>In 2017 WW is going to be sandwiched between GotG and Spider-Man
>>
>>69636352
>Singer
Singer is a talentless hack who repackages the same movie over and over again.
No matter what happens, Magneto is going to be the bad guy.
>>
>>69640280

Different anon but I'll bite.

DK is the best one. Spider Man 2 is pretty shit. Didn't see any Oscars hover anywhere near Spidey flicks.

What is Paul Dini?

I don't play video games so I don't know shit about this.

DC does have more masterpiece level comics: Year One, DKR, Long Halloween, For the Man who has Everything, Whats so funny about truth, justice? Watchmen, Swampthing, Hellblazer, Doom Patrol, Sandman, Lucifer, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen etc. Marvel is famous for pumping out unreadable garbage in the 90s that had great art and nothing else. Marvel comics is just entry level shit for movie babies now. They are full pander/kiddy mode at this point. I like some of the Marvel characters but apart from Cap and Daredevil they are written like shit.

I don't like memes so this isn't a factor for me.
>>
File: Liefeldcaptainamerica.jpg (538 KB, 800x1075) Image search: [Google]
Liefeldcaptainamerica.jpg
538 KB, 800x1075
>>69640454
>very promising creative and talented young artists
>>
>>69640301

Not unlike how Marvel made two Hulk movies that didn't work so they won't even reboot him, at most he gets cameos. Didn't even show up in CW.

Green Lantern flunked but atleast they didn't fuck it up twice LOL
>>
>>69640280
>Has DC even won a Best Animated Feature Oscar

Are... are you actually taking that category seriously?
Are you fucking for real?

Big Hero 6 winning remains one of the gravest travesties of the past few years. There is no way in HELL it deserved an Oscar that year.

2014 saw HTTYD2, Lego Movie, Song of the Sea, and the Tale of the Princess Kaguya and you're going to sit there and act like Big Hero 6 was anything more than voters casting their ballots for what their kids liked/the film they most recently watched?

If so, you're exactly what's wrong with the film industry today.
>>
>>69640477
Mads will save us. Surely Doctor Strange will blow everything else out of the water.
>>
>>69640526
He's a big guy.
>>
>>69640529
>so they won't even reboot him
You do know this is an issue with Universal Studios owning the rights to Hulk's solo movies?
>>
>>69640526
yet New Mutants and X force were best sellers and don't pretend you don't know this
>>
>>69636298

>philosophical tale about man vs god
>they just fight a giant monster in the end like every marvel move

are DCfags seriously this delusional?
>>
>>69640624
You just didn't get it because you're dumb. See, Doomsday is ugly as sin because he represents sin.
>>
>>69636352

>pitch perfect

Hey now don't shit on that film, it's a GOAT comedy
>>
>>69640477
>In 2017 WW is going to be sandwiched between GotG and Spider-Man
Damn... DC is up to huge public embarassment... Already feel sorry for them
>>
>>69640454

I like that everyone forgets this. Marvel pissed off a generation of writers and artists and they left to start their own company. Marvel almost went bankrupt and sold the rights to half their characters. Now Disney has access to some characters and the rest are owned by Fox, Sony and Paramount?
>>
>>69639340
>I saw parachutes
>>
File: cisco oh this is good.jpg (13 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
cisco oh this is good.jpg
13 KB, 480x320
>>69639533

Fucking This Man.
>>
File: STOP INVINCIBLE SLUT.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
STOP INVINCIBLE SLUT.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>Civil War made more money in 10 days than BvS did in its entire theatrical run
>>
>>69640398
DC had the best cartoons. But not the best cartoon. Spectacular Spider-Man.

Marvel also has an Oscar for an animated movie.

>and they have a few comic titles Marvel hasn't topped yet, like Swamp Thing and Sandman.
Miller Daredevil, Claremont/Byrne X-Men, Byrne FF, Marvel Cosmic till 2010's, Age of Apocalypse, Conway Spider-Man, PAD Hulk, Moonshadow, Starstruck, Dreadstar, Parable, Moebius (Marvel was the publisher)
>>
>>69640584

OH YEAH Marvel almost went bankrupt in the 80s and sold the rights to like half their characters. Um who cares? GL sucked but atleast it's just one movie. Lets not pretend that Hulk and Thor movies don't really work for Disney at all. They had like 4 tries between them?
>>
>>69640721
You list a lot of comics of which only the first I'll grant you. Miller's Daredevil was GOAT.
>>
>>69640721

Claremont and Bryne are cool. Daredevil are cool. Conway Spidey was alright. Hate Marvel cosmic. Rest are pretty meh. I like Marvel but DC has more books that elevate the medium. What fucking Marvel movie has an oscar for anything?
>>
>>69639533

It's true, when I defend the MCU I always say "it's great to watch with kids" meanwhile all DC material is extremely grimdark now adays and not appropriate or just boring for kids.
>>
>>69640740
I have yet to read a better FF than Byrne's run. But yeah his list isn't that great.
>>
>>69640721
It's sufficient to say that Marvel comics outsell DC ones which makes them objectively better
>>
>>69640656

I hated GOTG so I don't care about that. Excited about new Spiderman. In the 10 minutes of footage he already topped Raimi and AMS shit single handedly. Wonder Woman should be cool. I always saw her as Captain America (period piece stuff) + Thor (magic/myth stuff) so I'm pumped.
>>
>>69640867
It's going to be horrible, there's no way today's SJW culture will let them stay true to Diana's bisexual bondage hi-jinks.
>>
>>69640867
>I hated GOTG
>In the 10 minutes of footage he already topped Raimi
Confirmed pleb
>>
>>69640800

"when I defend the MCU"

HAHAHAHAHAH

"it's great to watch with kids"
>>
>>69640849
Autism: The Post
>>
>>69636189

Disney movies don't have good plots.

NEWS AT 11
>>
>>69638638

BvS was boring pile of shit

And I love the moving goalposts, from what I remember before release it was supposed to beat the Avengers, maybe even Avatar. Now it's 'made more money than some of those 13 movies you've released in last 8 years.'
>>
File: smug pikkon.png (110 KB, 308x215) Image search: [Google]
smug pikkon.png
110 KB, 308x215
>>69640849

nice try reddit.
>>
>>69640891

Name ONE thing wrong with Pitch Perfect
>>
File: 1459221291120.jpg (41 KB, 688x456) Image search: [Google]
1459221291120.jpg
41 KB, 688x456
>>69637848
>>
>>69640477
>>69640656
What the fuck are Warner thinking? They could've moved WW to January or October or whatever. Sure there will be some profits loss but actually putting WW against Marvel mammoths will cost them far more as well as another humiliation from Disney

Sometimes I'm thinking that WB/DC is actively sabotaged from the inside.
Absolute majority of their choices seem idiotic as fuck and you don't even need MBA education to see that.
>>
File: 1458582315536.jpg (93 KB, 623x743) Image search: [Google]
1458582315536.jpg
93 KB, 623x743
>>69639533
screencap this. so true it's fucking hilarious
>>
>>69641125
They're expecting they'll do well because they've got a woman as their hero so everyone has to go see it or they're misogynist.
>>
>>69636298
> Straw man fallacy
>>
>>69641160
Nah, they are putting it there because they refuse to adapt and continue to play by old movie planning rules when the blockbuster market has clearly changed drastically in the last few years. Warner and Fox are out of touch with reality
>>
>>69641333
>soon the only mainstream films being made will be either Disney-owned or Comcast-owned

Kill me now.
>>
File: image.jpg (605 KB, 1920x2024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
605 KB, 1920x2024
Marvel sells a tone, not a story. That's why CA2 is the best movie in the franchise: its story isn't complete garbage.
>>
>>69640495
>DK is the best one. Spider Man 2 is pretty shit. Didn't see any Oscars hover anywhere near Spidey flicks.

First Spider-Man movie had 2 nominations, Second had 3 nominations and 1 win. MCU has about 5 nominations I think. Men in Black also won an Oscar too.

>
DC does have more masterpiece level comics: Year One, DKR, Long Halloween, For the Man who has Everything, Whats so funny about truth, justice? Watchmen, Swampthing, Hellblazer, Doom Patrol, Sandman, Lucifer, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

They're more known. They aren't as good as Sam & Max, SS: P, Starstruck, God Loves Man Kills, Days of Future Past, Born Again, Dark Phoenix Saga, Elektra: Assassin, Infinity Gauntlet, Kraven's Last Hunt, Death of Jean DeWolff, Man Without Fear, Earth X, Nextwave, Moon Knight, Marvels, Triumph and Torment. I can still keep going. Also, most of the ones you listed in your own list also borrowed many ideas from the ones I listed here (the ones that preceeded). Hell, if Miller's DD and Epic Comics hadn't existed, neither would the comics that you listed.
>>
>>69639533
Wow thanks Mr Freud, you sure showed em

>>>>>reddit
>>
File: 1457645488179.jpg (196 KB, 1200x602) Image search: [Google]
1457645488179.jpg
196 KB, 1200x602
>>69636298
>>
>>69641726
Tell that to Zod's snapped neck
>>
>>69641777
TRIPS OF TRUTH
>>
>>69640740
>>69640778
>You list a lot of comics of which only the first I'll grant you because I don't know about the rest

FTFY

>Hate Marvel cosmic
Just because you hate doesn't make it bad. Many people consider the books in it the best in the superhero genre.

>Rest are pretty meh.
They're better than most DC comics and actually good, of course you can have opinions though. But saying Moebius' comics are meh. Jesus Christ. You only read hot topic comics don't you?

>I like Marvel but DC has more books that elevate the medium.
False actually. DC wasn't doing that good quality wise until 1984. Meanwhile Marvel started to introduce more mature concepts in their comic books in fucking 60's.

>What fucking Marvel movie has an oscar for anything?
Spider-Man 2, Big Hero 6 and Men in Black I think.
>>
>>69641802
>because I don't know about the rest
Yeah. That's totally the only reason. Nice.
>>
>>69641136
Do it yourself
>>
>>69641802
>Big Hero 6
>Oscar-winner

I know it's true and actually happened, but it doesn't trigger me any less...
>>
>>69636285
>Winberg

They really spelled his name wrong? The K key isn't even near W!
>>
>>69641802

DC has Vertigo.

All your points are rendered moot by this simple fact.

t. an actual comic book fan.
>>
Why cant comics be art in America?
>>
>>69642271
I'm with this guy.
>>
>>69639533

All capeshit is for children you autistic redditor.

DC however has more mature storylines dealing with superheroes however, and vetera authors like Miller, Moore, Morrison, Azarello who expanded the medium into more mature territory.

Audiences do deserve better things, even children, than schlock like Age of Ultron.
>>
File: 1419626187527.jpg (2 MB, 6704x2580) Image search: [Google]
1419626187527.jpg
2 MB, 6704x2580
>>69642316
Hellboy is art
>>
>>69642271
Marvel has Epic which preceeds Vertigo
>>
>>69642316
Ruined by two big corporations seizing the market with childish assembly line garbage.
>>
File: Mirror_04-1.png (202 KB, 585x900) Image search: [Google]
Mirror_04-1.png
202 KB, 585x900
>>69642316
anything that isn't shat out by DC or Mahvel is kinda art
just look at image comics
>>
>>69642537
>image
Only Image stuff I read is about dyke BDSM.
>>
>>69642316
That's the thing, comic books and comic book films have the potential to be art...

It's just Marvel and DC for the most part isn't art -- it's a commercial product. DC at least tries to be more artful even if it comes up short, but Marvel is literally assemblyline, studio filmmaking.

Man, I long for the days when studio films meant "Giant" or "Gone with the Wind" as opposed to capeshit.
>>
File: Nameless_01-1.png (131 KB, 477x734) Image search: [Google]
Nameless_01-1.png
131 KB, 477x734
>>69642560
at least read the nameless
>>
File: Betty.jpg (19 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Betty.jpg
19 KB, 460x276
>>69642366
>Responds to pasta about DCucks being manchildren in denial
>Acts like manchild in denial
>>
>>69642617
What's it aboot, eh?
>>
File: Nameless_02-1.png (98 KB, 477x734) Image search: [Google]
Nameless_02-1.png
98 KB, 477x734
>>69642633
basically h.p lovecraft in space
scientists discover i giant asteroid heading towards earth so a billionaire assembles a team of experts to pull it away from its collision course
but as they do the whole operation goes to shit and the old ones were basically a race of demons from an alternate universe that another race of aliens accidentally brought over to ours
>>
>>69642806
Not convinced, sorry.
>>
>>69642806
>he old ones were basically a race of demons from an alternate universe that another race of aliens accidentally brought over to ours

what a bunch of cunts
>>
File: Nameless-5-Everything.jpg (504 KB, 1687x1535) Image search: [Google]
Nameless-5-Everything.jpg
504 KB, 1687x1535
>>69642858
you're loss

>>69642865
if it's any consolation they committed mass suicide to seal the path from their universe to ours
>>
>>69642806
>>69642865
Isn't this kind of what happpened in South Park when BP drilled a hole in the Moon and brought Cthulhu out?
>>
>>69642904
Doesn't feel like much of a loss.
>>
>>69642904

Not excuse either, just don't fuck with that stuff, it happens in the new Paradox game's Stellaris and it goes the same way as in that comic then.

Don't mess with portals.
>>
File: Nameless_03-1.png (165 KB, 477x734) Image search: [Google]
Nameless_03-1.png
165 KB, 477x734
>>69642927
well it is from 2015
>>
>>69636189
Honestly he's right I caught up on all the Marvel films (except Thor fuck that) in preparation for CW and I can't even remember which villain was in what movie except Ultron,
>>
File: pacha.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pacha.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>69640033
and there it is. when confronted with eloquent insight, the marvel reprobate falters under its own lack of intellectual capacity. It cannot converse with thought, logic or reason. It cannot constitute meaningful participation within discussion. Nothing astute nor of importance.

Only memes and diatribe. Unfit, and because of this; unwilling.
>>
>>69640460
>like

He is a music video director, it's transparent in his style. His history with music videos bleed through with his complete lack of subtlety, he has no patience to let a mood or shot sink in, he has to dial the intent up to 11 so you could look at a single frame and get everything he wants you to get across the entire sequence.
>>
>>69640696
As much as I like Flash and Arrow, I fucking hate Cisco.
>>
>>69643049
Wait, he's an actual music video director?
>>
>>69643076
Wikipedia is your friend
>>
>>69643060
in the comics he's one of the most powerful superheroes in the galaxy and have the power to negate speed force and vibrate planets to dust
>>
File: 1404087186716.gif (134 KB, 287x344) Image search: [Google]
1404087186716.gif
134 KB, 287x344
>>69643045
>>
>>69643115
It's more the actor than the character.

His weird skinny-fat Mexican-Indian looking face.

They always seem to shoot him in shitty lighting with his weird face is just a slightly too close close up.
>>
Civil Wars could have been a 2 hour long fight that started with Iron Man calling Cap a sissy and they go from there.
>>
File: 1462897646336[1].jpg (47 KB, 800x488) Image search: [Google]
1462897646336[1].jpg
47 KB, 800x488
The Marvel Studios fandom is full of generic cunts who try to seem quirky and unique by identifying heavily with a slightly offbeat fandom such as the Marvel Cinematic Universe "But wait, that's actually incredibly mainstream and not offbeat at all!" you say. And you're right. But actual offbeat things don't give as much 'nerd' cred, and these things have more creative value than reality TV so people on Tumblr can make posts such as "Why are all girls nowadays such idiots who watch Jersey Shore? I'm very unique because I like nerdy intelligent stuff like Iron Man 3, and I like quirky men like Tom Hiddleston and Mark Ruffalo teehee, look at this repeating gif of 0.5 seconds of Loki doing a thing with his face and a theory about how all the Marvel movies are connected and Thanos is going to collect all the Infinity Gems except in the movies none of them are really "gems" at all and here is some fanart of all the Avengers gender swapped and with less sexist costumes and they all have the exact same fucking face with that bulbous red nose also did you know that I am a girl who likes superheroes I know it's hard to believe but it is true I AM AN AVENGERS look at this gif of Tony Stark raising his eyebrow, anyway The Avengers is sexist because Black Widow's costume is too tight and unrealistic for a special agent so here is a redesign of her in figure hiding combat fatigues because I am progressive. Does anyone else think that Hulk and Iron Man would make a good couple? TEE HEE I LOVE GAYS BECAUSE I AM SO TOTALLY NOT HOMOPHOBIC EVEN THOUGH I TREAT GAYS AS AN AMUSING NOVELTY Rocket Racoon for president!"
>>
>its a console wars thread
>>
File: lel.png (59 KB, 1409x496) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
59 KB, 1409x496
>>69643225
>>
>>69643115
Ehh. Pre 52 vibe was a street leveler at best. New 52 maybe I'll grant your assumptions.

He did almost blow up the multiverse when he was turned into a bomb. And he didn't turn a planet to dust. Him and ruptures fight on a small satellite planet was destroyed during their conflict.

He has some good cosmic awareness feats and his new 52 run was hit and miss. Powerful? No not galaxy tier.
>>
>>69643225
Women only do things for attention. All they care about is status. They aren't human.
>>
I loved Batman v Superman despite it's faults and it's easily one of the best looking movies I've seen this year.

I was surprisingly disappointed in Civil War. I was expecting to love it but I don't even think it was as good as Winter Soldier. Steve, Natasha, and even Tony's characterizations are completely fucked up and pretty much everything they do is so out of character for them. The Accords were a very poorly written and utilized plot device and the movie was about as bland as it could possibly be visually.

I could go on and on about what I disliked about Civil War, but the gist is that I've been really disappointed with Marvel as of late. Winter Soldier is good but overrated, Ant Man was generic and not very memorable outside of a few gags, and Thor The Dark World was awful.

I did love Age of Ultron though. It's easily my favorite MCU film so far and I think Whedon's films are simply the best the MCU has to offer.

At this point I'm more excited for the DC films than Marvel since their upcoming films seem just simply better than Marvel's. I think the MCU has fallen apart due to a severe lack of direction and foresight.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 640x741) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 640x741
>>69640288
> "Marvel is as good as dead"
Alright, kiddo. Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>69639892
>I'm sure it made alot of money because it's for babies.
As opposed to films about a guy literally named super man
>>
>>69636189
This is the case with all capeshit.
>>
File: cringe meister.png (299 KB, 399x500) Image search: [Google]
cringe meister.png
299 KB, 399x500
>>69640655
>Women
>Comedy
>>
>>69644569
Name
>>
>>69644569
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48HqBv5Ropo
>>
>>69644821
Was I supposed to laugh?
>>
>>69636189
If you go to the source this "Marvel producer" works on their FOX properties. Not that amusing anymore.
>>
>>69638638
Hah. Stay mad DCuks
Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.