[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cannes: Jeff Nichols Says His Wife Would Have Divorced Him If
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
US filmmaker Jeff Nichols said Monday he hoped his rapturously received Cannes contender "Loving", about an interracial couple's landmark marriage-rights case, would help change the current vicious tone of America's culture wars.

"My wife said, 'I love you, but if you don't make this movie, I am going to divorce you," he told the media ahead of the world premiere of the awards favorite in Cannes on Monday.

The film, based on a true story, stars Joel Edgerton as Richard Loving, whose interracial marriage to Mildred (Ruth Negga) caused them to be sentenced to prison in Virginia in 1958. Their case was taken up by the American Civil Liberties Union and eventually went all the way to the Supreme Court, resulting in the end of America's miscegenation laws.

"It is a story both triumphant and very shameful," said Edgerton. "It celebrates some struggles that shouldn't have had to exist."

Negga said she found it "quite shocking" that Alabama took until 2000 to become the last US state to wipe a law against interracial marriage from the books.

She noted it was only last year that Ireland voted in a referendum to allow gay marriage.

"Having a very Catholic history, I think that we showed the world that it's possible to evolve in having discussions about equality," she said.

Nichols said he had hoped to complete "Loving" before the US Supreme Court heard a pivotal gay marriage case last year, in the hope that it could "influence it" by spurring the public debate on the issue.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3592828/Interracial-marriage-drama-prompts-Oscar-buzz-Cannes.html
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cannes-jeff-nichols-joel-edgerton-894322
>>
Just to get it out of the way
>Ruth Negga

Moving on, Nichols is probably one of the best American filmmakers currently working and if anyone can do an Oscarbait story line this justice it's him. So high hopes it might actually be a good movie.
>>
she's a CUTE
>>
>>69633043
those shitty suits

americans are really the lowest of the low
>>
So he's a cuck
>>
File: strayan cunts.jpg (247 KB, 1553x466) Image search: [Google]
strayan cunts.jpg
247 KB, 1553x466
>>69633784

Joel Edgerton Worthington Courtney Clarke is Australian
>>
>>69633830
they're all trying to become the next Russell Crowe
>>
>>69633043
>that Alabama took until 2000 to become the last US state to wipe a law against interracial marriage from the books.

Based cousin fuckers.
>>
File: 1459470499629.jpg (43 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1459470499629.jpg
43 KB, 420x420
>guy makes a joke
>makes a movie about an interesting and largely unknown thing
>/pol/ flips the fuck out
>>
>tfw a director you liked gets out of the closet as just another sjw nu-male
>>
>>69633830
edgerton has some talent - he was really brotier in animal kingdom
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.