[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is he getting all this hate? >the ruling class has been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: HighSparrow[1].jpg (9 KB, 479x322) Image search: [Google]
HighSparrow[1].jpg
9 KB, 479x322
Why is he getting all this hate?
>the ruling class has been treating the peasants like cattle for thousands of years
>a champion of the people appears
>even left wing normies hate him
>>
>white man
>proud
>in control
>not thirsty for poosey but also not a faggot

this character is VERY PROBLEMATIC TO MY AGENDA
>>
What exactly is he doing for peasants? Ruling class still mostly do what they want and peasants are in the same position as before.
>normies
kys
>>
He opposes the main cast, who are all highborn characters, and so the audience sides with the highborn characters just because they're who they care about as TV show characters, they don't think of any of the issues in terms of how it would be if they were some random shmuck in the GOT universe.
>>
>>69630244
Do you suffer from Alzheimer's anon? He worked day and night to give food to the homeless and most likely still does
>>
We don't care about the pig shit covered peasants. Nobles are the educated and interesting characters. Now I understand why feudalism existed.
>>
>>69630297
Bourgeoisie genocide best day of my life
Sooner or later the working man will wake up
>>
Wasn't Margaery helping the peasants and homeless and shit before he imprisoned her.
I don't like him because he's keeping smirkfu from having screen time. Wish Joffrey was still alive to skullfuck this dude.
>>
Are we honestly NOT supposed to like him? Because I do. He's literally the only character left that I look forward to seeing. Honestly not even because I love the character, but because the actor playing him can ACTUALLY ACT. Him and Theon and are the only major characters left with any on screen presence. Sansa, Jon, Dany....they all might as well be played by slabs of wood. Tyrion's actor is a little better but the witty shtick is too played out. Roose, Balon, Stannis and Barristan were played really well and apparently they were canned for it.
>>
File: 1461863694111.jpg (138 KB, 600x752) Image search: [Google]
1461863694111.jpg
138 KB, 600x752
Because the old left was the one actually concerned about the working class struggle. New lefties are concerned with rampantly sectarian identity politics and toppling old moralities that inhibit their ability to do whatever they want.
>>
>storm the fucking keep with your larger, better trained, better armed army
>kill old man and all his dumbfuck friars
>take back your wife and her faggot brother
>start giving the peasants a bit more food (which you should be able to easily afford) and they happily start supporting you again

It's literally that easy.
>>
>>69630142
My problem with his character is that the whole thing was not set up as a legitimate threat. It just became one for some reason.

Literally no explanation why some guards can't just roll in and fuck their shit up.
>>
>>69630142
>>69630239
>white man
>is actually right

This angers the audience.
>>
>>69630142
Because of his plot armor.
>>
>>69630553
>which you should be able to easily afford
The show doesn't mention it but winter is coming at the retards at King's Landing forgot to stock up, also there are refugees coming to KL every day. When winter comes there will be riots and cannibalism
>>
>>69630478
>Tyrion's actor is a little better but the witty shtick is too played out.
Not only that, but his accent keeps getting worse every season. I swear to god, that british is so fake a chinaman could tell.
>>
>>69630142
Because his scenes are boring as fuck
>>
>>69630142
>literally the stannis of kings landing, but instead of honor he uses faith of the 7 as a code

Gee what are, some kind of shitlord?
>>
>>69630701
I like him but I have to agree. His scenes are the same thing over and over again. Do something with his story already. I don't care if it's the cleganebowl, the Margaery walk of shame, or something else. Make something happen.
>>
>Sparrow is Bernie Sanders
>Cersei is Hillary Clinton
>Euron is Donald Trump
>>
>>69630142
>hates gays

Thats why leftest hippies hate him
>>
>>69630682
>mfw this is the fate of the West in 2050
tip top lel
>>
High Sparrow has his own motivations, I believe he is using the faith of the seven as a cover to accomplish his goals. Ironically, he too is using the common people to further his own gains, even if his goal is to basically fight back against the lords who have devastated the realm with their wars, to which the common people are the main victim.

I think he has a plan though, what he will do once he topples down Cersei is another question. I honestly hope something radical happens this season, like Cersei actually losing her trial and being executed. THAT would be something spectacular. Then Kings Landing might cease to be such a major focus of this show and they can focus on the North a lot more.
>>
>>69630553
theyve got wife and faggot brother as hostages. when they see an attack starting, they would just kill the 2 heirs to the "second biggest army in westeros". would you risk your strongest ally only because you dont the whole town to see her tits?
>>
>>69630736
>>69630736
More like day is clintons, i bet you 1 million dollars she or other "likable" woman will "win" the season and end up in a position of absolute power.

Fucking jews
>>
>>69630527
This photo makes me really happy for some reason. Based Nixon.
>>
>>69630808
>High Sparrow has his own motivations, I believe he is using the faith of the seven as a cover to accomplish his goals. Ironically, he too is using the common people to further his own gains
There is literally no evidence for this. He actually has himself whipped for his sins and has never shown to be a hypocrite or have a further agenda.
>>
>>69630858
>Together, we can bring down an empire

Come on man, clearly he doesn't just want to restore the faith, he has political ambitions as well.
>>
File: 1461720089737.jpg (65 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1461720089737.jpg
65 KB, 657x527
>>69630682
Helo dis is jon snew winter is coming
>>
File: 1461963818835.png (479 KB, 528x647) Image search: [Google]
1461963818835.png
479 KB, 528x647
>>69630701
He literally appears in a scene, doles out some holier-than-thou horseshit and then goes on his way again.

Add him to the >SHIT TIER list along with

>Brienne
>Dany
>Ramsay
>Jorah
>Tyrion (le quippy dwarf)
>>
>>69630701
>>69630733
DURR DURR TOO MUCH TALKING MAEK HIM FIGHT ALREDDY & SHOW DA SEPTA'S TIDDIES!!!

His scenes are practically a homage to why GoT used to be good. Subtle, understated character building like Tywin skinning the dear or Tyrion playing a drinking game with Bran and Shae.

You probably think one scene where the high septon talks about the altar of the seven and another scene where he talks about his past as a shoemaker are "the same", because he's "just talking" in both of them.
>>
>>69630142
He's a fantasy Anabaptist and everyone hates them.
>>
>>69630818
I think cersei is counting on that, for the tyrells and the fanatics to kill each other. I don't undrstand why olenna is dumb enough to fall for that. Unless she's got a plan of her own, but im not sure hack and hack are smart enough for something like this
>>
>>69630478
I think Lena is fine too, it's just that her character has been reduced to crying and whimpering
>>
>>69631056
Try again senpai
>>
>>69630936
He also said that the crown and the faith are the two pillars that hold the world together.
He's basically Aeron except he servers the Seven instead of the Drowned God
>>
>>69631056
I like how you didn't even try responding to this >>69631018

Fucking cuckbois Smh
>>
>>69630936
Not really, in the protestant reformation times there were all sorts of Christian groups that wanted to abolish the monarchies and spread the wealth because the bible translated and printed in non-latin for the first time taught them all the univeralism and anti-richfag shit the catholics had been hiding from them for centuries. The faith militant is just the ASOIAF world's analogue to that.
>>
>>69630527
>do whatever they want
>posts picture of president that took illegal campaign contributions and was nearly impeached for it
>liberals have an agenda

Lol.
>>
>>69631139
>>69631018
>holier than thou
You're a deaf retard
He admits more than once to his sins and lets himself be punished for it too
>>
because every fucking scene with him is exactly the same
i get the point, do we really need him giving his lecture to a character every week? it seems like it's been going on forever
>>
>>69631161
>posts picture of president that took illegal campaign contributions and was nearly impeached for it
That's not what he did.
>>
>>69631139
notice me senpai notice me!

also a shitty reason to think he's shit. He a fucking religious fanatic, of course he's going to work his faith into every sentence that comes out of his mouth. There, you happy, samefag?
>>
>>69631179
>there are actually High Sparrow fans
>and they're on full damage control
I laughed
>>
File: 1462050071946.jpg (53 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1462050071946.jpg
53 KB, 403x403
>>69631187
And did we really need all of those small council meetings back in seasons 1 and 2? They were all the same, amirite?
>>
I'm only up to Season 2 (spoil me if you want, I don't really watch for surprises), but the show seems pretty good right now. My favourite parts right now are Theon betraying Robb and Tyrion making a bitch out of Joffrey. How much worse does it get in the new seasons?
>>
>>69631243
if you don't support the High Sparrow you are a filthy redditor and should leave. NOW
>>
>>69630142
>champion of the people
>literally a religious fanatic that imposes his sense of virtue and righteousness on everything that moves

he couldn't give a shit about 'the people', this is no Che Guevara we're talking about
>>
>>69631243
>have no argument
>resort to middle school tier back pedaling
>>
>>69631266
Watch up to season 4, skip season 5 and wait till season 6 is finished to find out if it's shit. The show ends on a high note in season 4 and turns to absolute shit in season 5 because that's the first season where the show writers have to come up with original material that isn't derived from the books.
>>
>>69631278
Nigga did you skip the part where he worked his ass off to give food to the poor?
>>
>>69631223
>>69631179

Hello R*ddit. Please stop defending this monotonous, one-dimensional character brought to you by Dumb and Dumber.

Perhaps www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones is more suited to your taste. Have an uptoke. Thanks for the gold.

>>69631266
All the characters you like, all the political games and intrigue all gone. The show sort of drifts aimlessly from Dany's bullshit, to Ramsay's bullshit. SAD.
>>
>>69631266
watch till the end of season 4 and then never turn back again and pretend like the show was cancelled because the writers died in a horrible car crash
>>
File: maester-luwin-1920.jpg (963 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maester-luwin-1920.jpg
963 KB, 1920x1080
>>69630142
Am I the only one who's new to the show and mistook Maester Luwin for him?
>>
>>69631293
But you already read my argument, senpai. Keep trying with dat damage control.
>>
>>69631314
damn, sorry, all his other actions mislead me
>>
>>69631324
>High Sparrow
>brought to you by Dumb and Dumber.
>>
>>69630142
>defending reactionary fubdamentalists

Kys thanks
>>
>>69631366
Yes, High Sparrow as interpreted by D&D. C'mon, son.
>>
>>69631266
season 1 and 3 are really strong, 2 and 4 suffer from pacing issues but are generally enjoyable. Season 5 is crap and feels like a completely different show and season 6 so far has had some major issues in plot presentation so far.
>>
File: Lancel.jpg (114 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
Lancel.jpg
114 KB, 1252x1252
Am I the only one who thought this guy was a girl at first?
>>
>>69631324
nice strawman senpai. tip o' the old fedora to you milady.

Furthermore, I'm sure reddit actually hates this character purely because he's not OK with homosexuals
>>
>>69631324
>Dany's bullshit

Fucking WHY? My least part of the show by miles. "The Mother of Dragons"; how did they make a character like that so boring?
>>
>>69631425
that's a fucking good question
>>
>>69631425
Actually that one was gorgie porgie's doing.
>>
>>69631386
wonderful post +10 for you
>>
>>69631056
Now that you remind me, that stern septa is hot as fuck bros. Would love to see her in some femdom.
>>
>>69630142
One of the best actors, one of the worst characters
>>
>>69631416
I said that D&D's High Sparrow is boring and one-dimensional; and your rebuttle is 'samefag,' fedora' and that he's a religious fanatic. Doesn't matter if he's a little green goblin, you nigger, he is still boring and monotonous.

>>69631425
She's the fucking worst. Same with Brienne. Her scenes basically bring the show to a halt. Awful.
>>
>>69630478
>old white men are the best actors
well color me surprised. Davos is also reasonable.
>>
File: 1331934249888.jpg (64 KB, 454x462) Image search: [Google]
1331934249888.jpg
64 KB, 454x462
>>69631425
Whenever a character becomes a fan favorite or a favorite of the writers, they become incredibly boring because they can either do no wrong, or are completely immune to any consequences for their actions.

Dany, is unfortunately both with an added air of smug, and terribly written "epic" speeches. The best Targ died in season 1.
>>
>>69631549
the only way they could make her interesting to me is if she starts to embrace her madness and her advisors slowly realize that she's becoming the mad queen. She starts to execute those that oppose her ruling and when she sails to Westeros she becomes the real threat, burning the Others to ashes and in the process of doing so burning the rest of the country to the ground while the last brave folk of Westeros try to oppose her.
>>
>>69631425
Emilia Clarke. I'm not one of the guys who thinks she's terrible, she's not THAT bad, but a character as big and powerful as "the mother of dragons" needs someone with real charisma. They just gave her too much to carry.
>>
>>69630142
>there was this one time that I had fun
>but it was AWFUL

What a shitty backstory
>>
>>69631485
SHAME
SHAME
SHAME
>>
>>69631597
That sounds fantastic, but the writers probably won't do this, and Emilia Clarke can't act.
>>
>>69631677
Honestly I wouldn't mind if they just gave her the sack and brought in a completely different actress with no explanation or warning, at this point. She just needs to GO. Holding the show back.
>>
File: 1328882397194.jpg (94 KB, 473x623) Image search: [Google]
1328882397194.jpg
94 KB, 473x623
>>69631597
But that goes against her having no weaknesses, which is what "fans" and the writers want to see.

Same as her forcing Hizdar to marry her instead of having her be forced to keep her end of a bargain. She always has to have the last word, always has to bee looking down on someone, and always has to come out on top. Making her a mad villain goes against all that, and so it just won't happen. Which is part of what makes her boring, because everyone knows nothing crazy like that will happen. Only side characters get interesting or unpredictable storylines, and that's because they're expendable, which makes them interesting unlike the the holy GoT Quadrinity.
>>
File: kek.png (31 KB, 652x152) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
31 KB, 652x152
>>69631700
You know that would never happen because Plebbitors and normies think she is one of the best characters on the show. I don't care what her fucking gender is, she's an absolutely shit actress coupled with very stiff dialogues.
>>
>>69630688
read that as "his accent is so fake a chinaman could sell it"
>>
>>69630142
He's a religious fascist. He doesn't punish the aristocracy for their actual crimes. I don't care that Cersei fucked her cousin. And he certainly isn't helping anyone by humiliating her in public.
What he's doing to the Tyrells completely unjustifiable. Loras did nothing wrong, nor do they have any proof that he did. A rentboy who was squiring for him saw a birthmark? Wow 10/10 best evidence, you sure proved his "crime". And Margeary? The people's Queen who feeds the poor and plays with orphans. Better lock her up for trying to defend her brother and ignore the fact that we have no evidence that she gave false testimony.
>>
>>69630142
Because he's relying on the flawed faith of the seven for moral guidance. Also his motives draw parallels to the White Walkers with basically just wanting to abolish all the constructs of society, with nothing to replace it other than a general sense of "equality". Like how all the wights are equal in death. I do like him though.
>>
>>69631669
stop the kinkshaming!
>>
>>69631792
>Like how all the wights are equal in death
What about darth maul and the ringwraiths?
>>
>>69631597
I had kind of hoped the Dany endgame would be Barry stabbing her through the back as she burns westeros to bring his character full circle with Jamie, but I guess that's not happening.
>>
>>69630142
So much screentime wasted on this storyline that goes nowhere.
>>
>>69631935
i mean it's not like their quality of life is any better than the zombies
>>
>>69632001
CLEGANEBOWL

GET FUCKING HYPE
>>
i hate real bernie sanders

i hate GoT bernie sanders

fuck both of them
>>
>>69631935
Actually the more i think about it, the white walkers really are the most just rulers in Westeros or Essos. They are more intelligent than the wights but they don't use that superiority to do anything but guide them in perfectly utilitarian fashion. They all exist in the same cold, painless undead state, nobody takes advantage of anybody else for personal gain. They all work together just to spread the good word.
>>
>>69630142
Because he's a religious fundamentalist who is causing chaos.
>>
>>69631018
>>Tyrion (le quippy dwarf)
Thank you, I forgot who fucking Tyrion was
>>
File: 1456725034249.jpg (71 KB, 640x654) Image search: [Google]
1456725034249.jpg
71 KB, 640x654
>>69632156
>>
>>69630142
His message is right, but his methods are pretty questionable.
>>
>>69630142
Because religion. It activates the reee in the lefties.
>>
>>69630142
because religion is stupid
>>
>>69630527
But working class has always wanted to down the existing morality, which tends to demonize the worse offs

Are you somehow implying that modern left is not concerned with economics?
>>
>>69632180

The song of ice is when Westeros freezes over due to the undead plague. The song of fire is when Daenergs dues and her dragons burn evert city in Essos to ash.
>>
>>69632377
So we deal with a perfect,peaceful, functional and egalitarian society vs. a madwoman destroying everything? I know who gets my vote
>>
>>69631083
Olenna is vastly more intelligent than Cersei and she'll be planning for contingencies. When a Lannister that isn't Tyrion offers you help you panic.
Unless D&D decided to just completely fuck her character which is, well, likely.
>>
>>69631386
But the thing is, the Iron Throne is supported by divine right. Faith Militant does not come from nowhere: its the second foundation of Seven Kingdoms. If it is authoritarian and intrusive, then the whole kingdom is.
>>
>>69632360
*tips fedora*
>>
>>69632403
DUDE WHITE GUILT LMAO
>>
>>69631677
That's one of the reasons I can actually appreciate that Lena Headey is on the show. She might not look a lot like her book character but at least she got the acting down. The way she screamed her lungs out when Joffrey died was actually convincing.

Emilia's satisfied smug dumb face when she burned the Dothraki leaders wasn't even an emotion I could read. It looked like D&D might have butchered a fat sow in front of her and she was looking at her daily happy meal.
>>
>>69631597
the funny thing is that even if they'd actually make her mad the dumb show watchers wouldn't even realize it until it was too late. They would support her till the very end until she starts murdering other characters they actually care about like Sansa or Margaery
>>
>>69632697
>all those mad as fuck articles on online blogs of people explaining how Dany becoming the villain is an insult to women and feminism while she commits more crimes each episode
>at some point they try to stop rationalizing it into the writers being anti-feminism but actually think that Dany burning the country to ashes is right
>B-BUT IT'S TOTALLY LIKE A PHOENIX, SHE KILLS EVERYONE JUST SO SHE CAN CREATE AN EQUAL SOCIETY WHERE NO WOMEN AND CHILDREN HAVE TO SUFFER AT THE HANDS OF EVIL MEN ANYMORE

just the thought of it makes me happy
>>
>>69632784
Kek
>>
>>69632654
Headey is great. You love to hate the character, because Headey brings it.

Charles Dance gave Tywin a graceful swagger, despite being a despicable piece of shit. Dance is a great actor.

Tyrion has had great moments, but ever since that trial with that speech and scene that Reddit claimed was Emmy worthy, I've been switched off. He's reduced to a quip machine.

Dany though, Emilia doesn't know the meaning of humility, or any other emotion bar smug. She's awful.
>>
File: Sparrows.png (1 MB, 1365x768) Image search: [Google]
Sparrows.png
1 MB, 1365x768
>>69630142
>Why is he getting all this hate?
Because other characters at least dont have any pretense about how evil they are, high sparrow has his people do all the torture and killing, while putting on that "kind grandfather" act.
>>
Not liking high sparrow is a lithmus test to detect plebs, underage and nu-males
>>
>>69632403
holy fuck will you pinko faggots ever shut up?

this is why everyone hates the high sparrow and sanders

im so much better than youuuuuu look how morally superior i ammmmmmm

also

>taxes
>expansion of government
>government industry
>communism
>individual freedom
pick one pinko
>>
>>69632866
After season 4 I realized that Dance/Tywin carried a good 60% of the show's storylines tbqh. Kings landing is shit without him
>>
File: 1461200560264.jpg (2 KB, 122x125) Image search: [Google]
1461200560264.jpg
2 KB, 122x125
>>69632978
Can we play Plinko?
>>
No farts in this episode lads, I'm out
>>
>>69633021
you can play in the fucking gulags of siberia you commie fuck
>>
>>69632978
just for the record, I love the high sparrow and I hate bernie panders. Just because its interesting to watch an ideaology in unfold in fantasy world doesn't mean I endorse

to be fair fags should be persecuted tho
>>
>>69631018
Does Tyrion get worse or do I just have shit taste? I'm in early Season 2 and he's one of my faves.
>>
>>69633017
With Tywin dead and the long list of great characters, there's a serious lack of people to root for. I don't care about the ones left bar Tormund.

>>69633084
He goes from great to shit. You can tell the writers are pandering to the fans. I'd say it's over after season 4
>>
>>69633084
he starts out good, it's just that he basically stays the same. He's le quippy plot armour dwarf.
>>
>>69632403
>inb4 DUDE WEED LMAO

Why do you think he's called the HIGH Sparrow?
>>
>>69633084
Season 2 is his last good season, after that he gets more and more flanderized
>>
>>69632403

>he doesn't realize that contemporary leftism is a religious morality
>>
>>69630142
I don't like him because every single scene is the same. A character comes up to him with demands, and he starts going on about some religious crap to stump them, and it always works. It's just boring by now.
>>
>>69633066
D&D have run outta gas.
>>
>>69630297

reminder that you would be one of the serfs with 97% probability.
>>
>>69633077
Seconded
>>
>>69633227
Underrated
>>
>>69633115
I just noticed that a lot of the great story lines in the show were carried by older actors. Stannis, Ned, Tywin, Roose...
>>
>>69632403
indeed i will enjoy freedom while paying half my wage in taxes, Bernie heil!
>>
>>69633084
You will notice a significant difference between his dialogue in season 6 and his dialogue in season 1. In season 1 he conveyed meaningful dialogue through quips. His eloquent way of speaking was just a means to an end to impress people around him with his wits since his height didn't allow him to impress through strength or might. But in season 6 he's just a fucking one-liner machine that doesn't have much meaningful to say, every other line is just random nonsense that might sound hilarious to show watchers but is meaningless.
>>
>>69633390
Yeah. Add Ian McShane to that list soon.
>>
>>69633455
can someone tell me what happened in the tyrion scene with the slave masters? As far as I can tell he didn't offer them anything, just gave them 7 years to do something they already weren't going to do.
>>
File: 1463456460494.gif (3 MB, 178x212) Image search: [Google]
1463456460494.gif
3 MB, 178x212
>>69630142
what did he mean by this
>>
>>69630142
He's the biggest hypocrite of all
>>
>>69630296
giving food to poor people is terrible.
You need to have massive education programs and to give them the ability to help themselves produce their means of living.
>>
>>69633621
Jesus, shut the fuck up armchair politician go eat some
Cheetos and jerk off
>>
>>69633519
he offered them an alternative. He showed them that he was willing to negotiate. To the outside world Dany looked like a mad beast that burns slave masters on a whim and is willing to execute and betray anyone that is no use to her.

The details of their arrangement will probably be up for the discussion in the next few meetings but the point is that Tyrion made it clear that he's willing to make compromises.
>>
>>69633653
>I'll ignore Africa
>>
>>69633716
what compromises, the masters want to keep slaves and dany doesn't. to have the slavemasters suddenly open to freeing the slaves is a retcon.
>>
>>69630142
>implying lefties haven't been in power for the last seven years

Look at how fucked up everything has been lately with "wealth redistribution" and political correctness.

>inb4 Bush's fault and now going to be Trump's fault
>>
Because hes a religious nut
>>
>>69630142
It makes no sense. Yes, cersey armed them in the beginning, but there is no way she is still founding them. They can't do what they do without an income, so who is paying them? Not the crown, not the lannisters. Who? The iron bank?
>>
>>69633657
>muh evil republicans

The war on drugs has been going on since the 70's dude, I'm pretty sure the dems have no interest in ending it. And as for gay marriage, hillary has literally only started pandering to the gays in the last few years. Her whole career has been one man one woman.
>>
>>69630341
nobles aren't the bourgeoisie anon
>>
>>69633769
that's not the point. Tyrion showed them in their conversation that he understands WHY they don't want to give up their slaves. He knows that they are central to their economy and that that's the way they currently earn money. If he is able to demonstrate another way they know that they have 7 years to change their societal structure and don't have to fear getting burned alive by some fucking dragons because they don't instantly stop slavery in their cities.

The problem with Dany was always that she backs people that she disagrees with into a corner. They can't just give up their fucking slave-labor, their entire society would crumble within a week. But since their lifes are threatened they only know one way out, kill the person that threatens them.
>>
People hate religious fanatics because everyone can see the lie of god for what it is
>>
>>69633960
sir, you forgot your fedora at the door
>>
>>69633932
In this very conversation the slave masters refer to slavery as a tradition dating back to the dawn of time. what's her name said that the slave masters view slaves as less then animals/ not humans. These people don't view slavery as just a way to keep their comfortable lives, they view it as the natural sate of the universe.

>don't have to fear getting burned alive by some fucking dragons because they don't instantly stop slavery in their cities.

They have retaken both the other cities, her fleet is gone and she hasn't been seen in weeks. They aren't exactly in a position of weakness.
>>
>>69633791
When the fuck has the "leftists' of the democratic party done any wealth redistribution in favor or the poor?
>>
>>69630142
It's because people blindly hate anything to do with religion even if it's in a universe with clear supernatural forces.
>>
>>69633657
>That's applying a religious morality as law.
That's very problematic. We should create hate speech laws to ban such toxic ideas.
>>
>>69633806
The faith is rich
They actually gave a lot of loans to the Iron Throne when Bobby was king
>>
>>69634025
that's not exactly the point there. They have to pour resources into fighting Dany. She's still a threat, they know that. They might retake their cities but that doesn't mean she can't come back and destroy them again.
It's better for them to "consider" negotiations. They might even try to appease Tyrion in an effort to at least buy some time for themselves. Tyrion admitted to them that Dany isn't going stay in Mereen forever. Maybe they just hope that as soon as she leaves for Westeros they are rid of her for good and that 7 year time period where they pretend to abolish slavery is just a necessary investment they have to make until they can restore that natural order. Tyrion plays into that mentality because he knows that as soon as societal changes happen and the enslaved get more rights they might be willing to fight for themselves after those 7 years and Danny isn't needed anymore.
>>
>>69634047
The leftists of the democratic party have never been in power.

Bernard has clear wealth redistribution policies.
>>
>>69634112
>They have to pour resources into fighting Dany.

the sons of the harpy have been ruining her city, did you forget the massive bloodbath at the end of last season? tyrion is inviting them for peace, not the other way around.

>Tyrion plays into that mentality because he knows that as soon as societal changes happen and the enslaved get more rights they might be willing to fight for themselves after those 7 years and Danny isn't needed anymore.

Maybe, but I'd still think it's more likely they would choose to continue trying to assasinate her after they already came so close and don't have to trust she'll leave. Also I doubt tyrion really cares about ending slavery.
>>
>>69634139
>Clinton and Sanders both support gays and whatever else is in that fucking LBGTQDOSIYTWET abbreviation now.
Do they support the consensual love between children and adults?
>>
>>69631056
>GoT
>Subtle, understated character building
>ever

This is what plebes ACTUALLY believe
>>
>>69634139
Dude I agree with your positions, my point is if you think the democrats are the ones who will make it happen then you're ignorant. Bernie is not going to win and bill/hillary is one of the architects of the prison labour pipeline. If you really gave a shit about what you're saying then you would vote 3rd party because the democrats don't give a fuck about you or anything you care about.

>Clinton wants smaller reforms but still reforms on both fronts

fucking LOL
>>
>>69634198
>the sons of the harpy have been ruining her city, did you forget the massive bloodbath at the end of last season? tyrion is inviting them for peace, not the other way around.

THAT is what's eating resources. They sabotage her in her own cities as a preemptive measure because they don't know how strong her army is in open war. They are probably aware of the fact that the Unsullied aren't really suited as the city watch.

>Maybe, but I'd still think it's more likely they would choose to continue trying to assasinate her after they already came so close and don't have to trust she'll leave. Also I doubt tyrion really cares about ending slavery.

I don't think he cares either. What he's trying to do is not find a solution, he just wants them to stop funding the fucking harpies so he can restore some order. He probably also banks on the fact that Dany will just eventually fuck off to Westeros and forget about that shitshow where she tries to end slavery because that's not the type of war that can simply be won by force, that requires decades of sociopolitical changes.

It's just that Tyrion knows that IF there is a chance in his current situation that those cities are ever going to end slavery without having to fight them it's through the enslaved fighting for themselves and the slavers slowly granting them rights, even if it's just a front to not get on Dany's shitlist.
>>
>>69633141
He doesn't have plot armour tho. He could die and the story would go on the same.
>>
>>69630553

In the books it's because lannister army is up north

Tyrell are either at Stormsend, dragonstone, north of king landing (tarly father)

So he faith have them outnumbered.

In the show (???) we don't know really why
>>
>>69633084
He gets way fucking worse. He legitimately was a great character at the start, then I won't spoil but some big events happened in season 4, which in the books altered his character a lot in a very interesting way, but in the show got completely dumbed down. Now he's just this little guy walking around with a smile on his face cracking one liners.
>>
>>69630142
peasants are shit people. don't forget they are uneducated and unclean. ruling class is no better,all are slowly improving with time and religious oppression is not going to help anything.
>>
>>69630296
because him giving out slop on the church steps is helping the world?he only did that to get more people, this is literally the waldensian heresy
>>
They'll reveal he's corrupt and has been fucking nuns or something
>>
>>69630142

social policies of the right, economics of the left

everyone has a reason to hate him
>>
>>69632883
>stag with flaming heart

That's a Stannis symbol though, they're basically enforcing the King's landing regime by taking down symbols of the one opposing it.
>>
>>69634263
Democrats are the ones who have the slightest chance of making any of it happen. Republifarts are in a land of their own at this point.
>>
>>69634139
I really fucking hate you libertarian fucking shits. You're worse than the SJWs with your 'land-of-do-as-you-please' attitude.
>>
>>69634745
Cersei is gonna have the mountain rape his ass. It's been foreshadowed.
>>
>>69631278
Che Guevara was a rapist, a murderer, a looter, and, the most amusing thing, a literal retard who could read a terrain having a map and a compass
which led to his capture, interrogation and execution
lefties have a really funny """heroes"""
>>
>>69630142
I like him. Believing in the man in the clouds is pretty retarded though.
>>
>>69633621
Cuba, North Korea and to a lesser extent Venezuela
Everyone is educated many have masters degrees
Still everyone is starving
Education is not everything fag
>>
>>69630142
Tumblr hates him for being mean to the local homo?
>>
>>69635384
There's no reason to assume the Seven exist but they don't have any other explanation for the world being there. If I remember, even Tywin believed in the Gods. With all the fasting HS does he's does he's probably 'seen' them as well like Lancel has.
>>
>>69630646
Imagine a dark age setting - would a soldier dare fuck a representative of the church? People actually believed in god then, you don't mess with that shit like it's nothing
>>
>>69635384
What about the man in the sun?
>>
>>69630553
If the crown killed or allowed the Tyrells to kill the current High Septon, the smallfolk from all the lands south of The Neck would revolt. They don't really pay attention much to who is the ruler, but their religion is a constant part of their everyday lives.

If you want an real life example of what happens when a monarch kills the head of the church look up the murder of Thomas Becket.

Killing the High Sparrow would make him martyr. Even Cersei understood this so even she isn't as dumb as you.
>>
>>69633084
>Disagreeing with the majority of cunts on 4chan means you have shit taste

C'mon mate...
>>
>>69633731

see: the Vatican
>>
>>69633621
religious people don't give a shit about solutions. all they want is do "good"
>>
>>69630142
He's a hypocrite. He knows Jaime murdered his cousin and committed treason yet hasn't arrested him

He also banned alcohol
>>
>>69630142
He is literally the ISIS of Westeros.
>>
>>69631400
no
>>
>>69630296
It's not like he is going out of his way to save starving children in Essos. Even Margaery gave to the poor.
>>
>>even left wing normies hate him
He's religious in a non-islamic fashion, that's very problematic.
>>
Poor people are violent and unsympathetic. They are truly the worst

The whole 'poverty is a virtue' meme is completely retarded
>>
>>69631161
>can't refute the point
>bitches about the picture instead
>>
>>69630142
>Claims to be a champion of the people
>Keeps the Tyrells locked away but lets the Lannisters run free

High Sparrow's a pussy.
>>
>>69632367
>But working class has always wanted to down the existing morality
That's a load of shit.

>Are you somehow implying that modern left is not concerned with economics?
It sure seems to be a lot more concerned with identity politics these days, just look at how they're willing to let illegal immigration pass because it would be racist to oppose it despite it being one giant fuck you to poor people that it's so permissible.
>>
>>69633657
>Hence the war on drugs
Why in the fuck do people pretend that this is a republican policy? The democrats support it too almost just as much and one of the most public opponents of the war on drugs in recent memory, Ron Paul, was a republican. You're just talking shit

>b-but me and my democrat friends are against the war on drugs
Oh so you're getting used by politicians who don't actually share your values because you're gullible idiots, that's nice.
>>
>>69634139
>I want gays to have all the same rights everyone else has.. because the sooner that happens, the sooner it becomes a non issue and out of the news and out of my face. That's their choice, not mine.

Name one right straight people have that gays don't.
>>
Whole thing is a ruse right? Surely Dorm sending their entire army to one location wont end well.
>>
He's a cunt.
>>
>>69631652
>rat race
>fun
>>
>>69634139
>and yet Sanders wants major reforms in drug policy and sentencing policy
You mean the guy who isn't going to get the democratic nomination and has had to fight the entirety of the rest of the party every step of the way his whole campaign, that guy? Not really a good representative of the party, I mean he isn't even technically a member he's always been an independent.

>Clinton wants smaller reforms but still reforms on both fronts
Source on Clinton wanting to end the war on drugs? Also why in the fuck would you ever trust her given her track record?
>>
>>69632367
Is this what you actually believe? You're ignorant as fuck m8y
>>
>>69634673
You're a moron and a mong
The situation in Europe has been steadily improving BECAUSE of the frequent peasant revolts
>>
>>69635188
>hating people who just want people to be free to do what they want more then people who actually want to strip you of your basic human rights
Get therapy.
>>
File: 1402302218292.jpg (84 KB, 600x933) Image search: [Google]
1402302218292.jpg
84 KB, 600x933
>>69630936

What did he mean by empire? Is there an emperor somewhere? Has there been one? Wtf?
>>
>>69641100
>smoking crack
>basic human right
>>
>>69641100
Genghis Khan wanted to be free to do whatever he wants too
>>
>>69630142
Because he doesn't seem to care about anything but putting down the highborn. He's not actually helping raise or educate the peasants. He just wants to install religion as government.

And Theocracies are stupid. Look at the middle east
>>
>>69641188
>He just wants to install religion as government.
Except he doesn't
He has the basic medieval belief of the Catholic church which is that both the crown and religion are to rule the same people
>>
>>69641229
Oh, you're right. Still no actual reason to like him. He's just forcing more religion down people's throats
>>
be honest with me: did the High Sparrow literally do anything wrong?
>>
>>69641139
What in the fuck are you talking about I was referring to sjws who don't think people should be allowed to decide on their own political opinions and/or express them freely.

>>69641184
>freedom includes the freedom to restrict other peoples freedom
Yeah, nah, you're a cunt. Also fat.
>>
He's white and not a degenerate, they'll probably make the mountain kill him in the most painful way possible.
>>
>>69641259
>religious fanatic
yes
>>
>>69632707
>anything you could enjoy
>prostitution and alcohol
God I hate people like you. Play fucking chess & make music ffs. Why do you need the freedom to do the worst things ? Tell me, why is it that great and important that you can destroy your health because you enjoy how it also reduces you mental capacities, and have meaningless relations to whores all the time making the whole imagery of sexuality in your society centered around domination and money ?
>>
>>69641337
but gods exist in the GoT universe
>>
>>69641350
he's still a fanatic who tortures people
>>
>>69641275
>What in the fuck are you talking about I was referring to sjws who don't think people should be allowed to decide on their own political opinions and/or express them freely

>I want the war on drugs to end, it's a colossal failure and it's not the place of the government to enforce a moral code of sobriety and temperance, and attempting to just creates more violent crime
>>
>>69641350
We've literally never seen proof of the seven's existence though
At least the Rhrhlrhrlorlrl guys can resuscitate people
>>
kind of cool how they have a Bernie sanders character (this guy)

A trump character (tyrion)

And a Clinton character (sand sneks)

It's almost like the writers foresaw this crazy election cycle and knew what to do
>>
>>69641350
He does in our universe too.
>>
>>69641343
>literally stop liking things I don't like
If you hate freedom so much move to North Korea you fucking communist faggot.

>>69641399
Different poster m8. I do oppose the war on drugs incidentally it's just I wasn't referrring to that, look at the post I was replying to originally,

>You're worse than the SJWs
This is the bit I took issue with, say what you will about libertarians they're a hell of a lot better then SJWs, at least they believe you should be free to oppose them. When was the last time a bunch of libertarians tried to shut someone down because they didn't like what they were saying?
>>
>>69630142
he wants to reduce everyone to living in poverty, because he thinks anything else is disrespectful to the Gods. That doesn't improve the lives of anyone. It's misery for the sake of misery. He's a borderline sociopathic, delusional masochist who wants to force everyone to share his vision.
>>
File: rare praypray.png (641 KB, 696x654) Image search: [Google]
rare praypray.png
641 KB, 696x654
>>69630142
He's almost perfectly calculated to garner hate:

The right:
>redistribution
>failure to respect traditional hierarchies
>personal renunciation of material wealth undermines folk theory of envy/resentment

The left:
>down on bummers
>religious
>uses sexual humiliation as a form of social control over women
>>
>>69641470
>gets their position solely through family connections
>completely incompetent at his job
Hillary Clinton is obviously Tommen.
>>
>>69641514
>product of incest

So we should expect Ivanka to be hearing the pitter-patter of tiny feet shortly.
>>
>>69630142
The same reason why Jesus gets hate. He's righteous and right.
>>
>>69641508
>redistribution
he doesn't want to redistribute wealth. He wants to outright remove wealth, because he sees materialism as sinful.
>>
>>69630142
left wingers hate him because he's the leader of a turbo creepy extremist wing of a popular religion. Look at what he does more than what he says.
>>
>>69630142

no matter how right you are nobody likes a self righteous cunt
>>
>>69630142
boring as fuck story

le church takes over~~~ brilliant dabid!!
>>
>>69641587
Well he's forever moaning about the poor having nothing and so on, I kind of took it as implied he intends to spread it more evenly, or at least wants people to think he will.

And I mean there's two sense of 'wealth' here. There's 'wealth' as in 'being rich' and there's 'wealth' as in any material good. I don't doubt he intends to make it so nobody is rich, but I doubt he's going to like melt down the gold and pour it in the sea and burn any excess food etc.
>>
Reminder to those supporting cerfuck

>total cunt to Stark's who were respectful to them
>Fine with killing a boy because she fucked in a place anyone could have entered
>Raised Joffrey a cunt (other kids were fine)
>caused the death of Lady
>Disobeyed a kings orders
>caused the death of Ned

And more

>Buh buh she had to walk naked omg poor girl. Omg I forgive her. Please let her be the best
>>
File: the horror.gif (994 KB, 486x289) Image search: [Google]
the horror.gif
994 KB, 486x289
>>69641847
>Disobeyed a kings orders
>>
>>69630142
that moment where the camera slowly zooms in on his face in this episode was one of the best displays of acting in the shows history

truly a great scene
>>
He is a religious extremist, no better than the likes of ISIS. If his order were in power many thousands would be killed for failing to live up to the standards of his society, though the reality is more like a corrupt bourgeoisie would emerge and many innocents would be tortured and murdered for "crimes" they didn't even commit (think witches in medieval times).

He is master manipulator who fundamentally craves total power and control, he's no different to any other tyrant he just wears sheep's clothing to lure the weak into trusting him.

He is honestly one of the most terrifying characters on the show and the fact that half of you fuckwits would follow him is a testament to that.
>>
>>69630808
The only thing that makes this fucker interesting is that he *has* no agenda.

He is entirely honest and transparent and abides by a set code- his religion. That's why he's interesting, unlike the 'trust nobody, even yourself' nobility.
>>
>>69641966
>many thousands would be killed for failing to live up to the standards of his society

he gives degenerates the chance to atone for their crimes

the only ones who would be killed are those past saving, too deep in the well of filth
>>
>even left wing normies hate him
Probably because he punished women and homos.
If he did the same thing to straight white males the left will be drooling over him.
>>
>>69642063

We have yet to see his "atonement" when his victims confess to their crimes. My guess is that his version of atonement will be to burn on the stake or something else that leaves you equally dead. Again like the witch dunking irl (she was innocent so she drowned).
>>
>>69634365
Most of the population is easily coerced into having sex, so I fail to see your point.
>>
>>69641677
>Well he's forever moaning about the poor having nothing and so on

he sees "having nothing" as the ideal, hence his monologue about the poor being "closer to God" than the rich because they had no material distractions. Not saying it makes sense, but that's what he wants. Him and his brainwashed drones all wearing rags is not without reason.
>>
>>69642174
>Again like the witch dunking irl (she was innocent so she drowned).
No, that's not it. If you are innocent you don't drown because god saved you. If you are guilty, you drown.
Since you are thrown into a river in a sack attached to a rock, you will drown for sure
>>
File: just.jpg (14 KB, 264x293) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
14 KB, 264x293
>>69630142
because he has a speech literally every scene he is in. dabids cant write a scene for him without including a 40 seconds monologue about their bullshit. people dont talk like that
>>
>>69642467
100% sure they're atheists and they think priest all talks like that
>>
>>69642412

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunking

>Ordeal by water was associated with the witch hunts of the 16th and 17th centuries: an accused who sank was considered innocent, while floating indicated witchcraft. Some argued that witches floated because they had renounced baptism when entering the Devil's service. King James VI of Scotland (later also James I of England) claimed in his Daemonologie that water was so pure an element that it repelled the guilty."
>>
>>69630142
They are going to kill him, I bet my left nut on it.

>based man throwing corrupt government by tactical warfare
>punished Cersei for being the slut she is
>even though she was part of crippling Xavier
>also beheading Ned
>punishes royalty without giving fucks

Seriously, he's my favorite.

>le he is religious meme hate
>also he's white

I don't give a shit.
He's the religious nignog we deserve, fuckin Westeros is a crazy place.
>>
>>69642497
Well, I didn't know it was done like that in England. It's fucking stupid.
What I said stand for medieval France tho.
>>
>>69630142
Because he embodies everything modern westren society hates.
>religious
>righteous
>humble
>against degenercy
He punished the wicked and westren normie whores, fags and all the rest who recognized them selves on his shit list, took up against him. Because murdering children, family members for personal gain, debuchery, incest, alcholism is way better then being religious and humble. I hope he preveils in the end.
>>
>>69641255

>"shoving religion down people's throats"
>in an era when religion had a direct, vital role in the lives of most of the peasantry

Retards applying modern moral and religious perspectives to a show based on the fucking medieval era are part of the reason it's gone to shit
>>
Wait a minute.

People actually hate him because he's spreading religion?

But praise Meli because she brought back to life Jon and killed a little girl?

Ya'll niggas crazy.
>>
>>69641350
There are no gods, only magic and people
>>
>>69642273
Children moreso.
>>
>>69642715
umm mel is a strong woman tho?

misogynist much?
>>
>>69630142
lefties hate him because he's a real communist leader, the way all of them has been in real life, but with added religious twist. he's literally Lenin: christfag edition.
>>
>>69642715
>hate him for doing one thing
>praise her for doing another, different thing
>total double standard
>>
>>69630736
Tywin was Trump.
>>
>>69643667
Tywin was not a populist, or a demagogue.

If anything, Tywin was Cheney.
>>
>>69631266
Season 3 was where this show really started getting good. Season 4 is the height of drama in this show. Season 5 is shit from start to finish. Season 6 still kind of shit but so far not quite as shit (that's not saying much).
>>
>>69631597

Dunno about mad, but I do hope she realizes she's being a pussy and her visions in the grass cause her to 180 her political style.

Like, she gets back to Meereen, all the backstabbing nobles come out to say how much they missed her, and she just nails them all to crosses and feeds her "sweet little cupbearers" to the dragons to show she's not taking their shit anymore.
>>
>>69642715
Meli is a POC transqueer woman
Bernie is a white cis male
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.