[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was this guy? They never mentioned it in the movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 15
File: flash.jpg (31 KB, 640x357) Image search: [Google]
flash.jpg
31 KB, 640x357
Who was this guy?

They never mentioned it in the movie?
>>
File: aquaman-batman-v-superman.jpg (23 KB, 600x371) Image search: [Google]
aquaman-batman-v-superman.jpg
23 KB, 600x371
When is this guy going to be in the movies?
>>
THAT'S DOCTOR PAVEL THE KEY TO EVERYTHING
>>
>>69596098
I don't get it
>>
This whole sequence confused the fuck out of me
>>
>>69595994
>Why don't they explain everything to me in a movie?
>>
>>69596215
Is that real or something? Holy shit.
>>
That's Dream Master.
>>
>"Loois is dakey"
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: Flashpoint-paradox-grifter.png (699 KB, 1918x1078) Image search: [Google]
Flashpoint-paradox-grifter.png
699 KB, 1918x1078
qnot the flash, some random superhero imo. they had random supes in Flashpoint paradox too
>>
>>69596375

I remember I thought Grifter was the coolest shit once.

I wish they'd make a team 7 movie.
>>
>>69595994
GIT ER DUN
>>
File: 1463280597099.jpg (56 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
1463280597099.jpg
56 KB, 720x304
Bruce? Bruce!

It's me, Barbara
>>
>>69596532
Kek
>>
why was he so bug eyed?
>>
>>69595994
looks like elbananero LOL
>>
>>69595994

he says his name is too-earl lee.
>>
>>69595994

Still not sure if that's a mustache or a shadow. if it's the former, I could see they wanted to show it as a sign of being disheveled but come on, it's the Flash he's got time to fight in a post-apocalyptic world AND shave.
>>
>>69596330
Dakey was an ancient powerful being from Apokolips and Lois was the modern reincarnation of her. That's why at the end Batman wanted to form the Justice League, to prepare for Dakey's inevitable resurrection.
>>
>>69595994
It's the Flash. He came back in time to warn Batman about the chain of events that led to the outcome you saw in the preceding "dream" sequence.
>>
>>69596193
I haven't even seen it, but the scene is so confusing my brother said he didn't even see it in the movie. I had to show him on YouTube, and now I'm not even sure it happened
>>
File: 1462748844291.jpg (189 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462748844291.jpg
189 KB, 1080x1080
>>
>>69596917
It didn't happen, you just dreamed that it happened
>>
GIT R DUN
>>
>>69595994
>too early
You wouldn't have been "too early" if you went back so far you could tell kal els earth father not to commit suicide by tornado. Too early might be alot of times and places, but it wasn't right then
>>
>>69596917
>I haven't even seen it, but the scene is so confusing my brother said he didn't even see it in the movie.

What
>>
who has the CIA edit? that ones great for a laugh
>>
>>69597280
Mods have been deleting banepics
>>
>>69595994
An angel of prophecy.
>>
>>69595994

I love how they made the mask.

DC is so amazing.
>>
>>69595994
Hes Speedy Gonzalez

'Sir Speedy' for short
>>
So Louis was the key to all of that

For what exactly? or what he said wasn't even related to the movie?
>>
>>69597939
It's a different storyline where Lois' death turns Superman evil. You see part of it in the dream sequence. It might be in a future movie, or it might be trashed by scared DC execs.
>>
>>69598241
So Lois dies and it makes Superman evil? Superman is a fucking dipshit in these movies I don't get how anybody could not hate him.
>>
>>69598462
Yep. "Lois is his world". He doesn't actually give a shit about us.
>>
>>69598850
HE'D STAND IN A TUB FOR HER
>>
File: Batman_forever_movie_poster.jpg (47 KB, 350x540) Image search: [Google]
Batman_forever_movie_poster.jpg
47 KB, 350x540
>Bruce repeatedly has fucked up dreams
>Never talks about them with anyone

It's pretty fucked up when Batman Forever is better written
>>
>>69599468

Who's he going to tell? Alfred is already up his ass about fighting Superman, he'd just tell him that he's fast approaching a mental break if he's now dreaming about Superman destroying the world.
>>
>>69595994
>people say that it was weird he showed up in a dream
>people failed to notice that it wasn't in a dream judging by all the flying papers when bruce wakes up
>>
>>69599602

only shitposters keep making "how did flash travel into a dream" threads.
>>
>>69599602
The papers could have been scattered when Bruce wakes up with the sudden movement he makes.
>>
>>69599804
come on, this is zack snyder we're talking about here
>>
File: 1461306991518.jpg (31 KB, 766x380) Image search: [Google]
1461306991518.jpg
31 KB, 766x380
>>69595994
>>
i loved it. infact i really enjoyed the whole movie aside from what a dick superman was and that cyborg scene which for some reason the MPAA allowed in a pg-13 movie.
>>
>>69599804
>The papers could have been scattered when Bruce wakes up with the sudden movement he makes.

'no'
>>
>>69599602
It was a dream tho dummy
Batcave has cameras yknow
>>
Anyone else start feeling ill during the bagpipe funeral scene? It was piercing.
>>
>>69600907
>Anyone else start feeling ill during the bagpipe funeral scene? It was piercing.

'no'
>>
>marvelcucks need to be spoonfed
>>
File: 1438011399811.jpg (17 KB, 400x438) Image search: [Google]
1438011399811.jpg
17 KB, 400x438
>>69600047
>>69600967
>>
>>69599876

>REMEMBUH ME!?
>>
I can only assume it's Flash but with these new costume designs it could be the Red Mask for all I know.
>>
>>69596236
>Why don't they explain anything to anyone in the movie?
>>
>>69599227

Then drop a toaster in it?
>>
>>69599546
Yeah because good drama would be too hard to write or direct for Zack "I only killed Superman to avoid having to write an interesting story to explain why Batman would be the leader of the Justice League if Superman was alive" Snyder.
>>
>>69601604
You're a moron.
>>
>>69596330
>lois is a darkie
He was trying to warn Bruce that Clark is about to enter an interracial marriage.
>>
File: IMG_4088.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4088.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>69601697
>How did Lex know Batman was Bruce Wayne?
>How did Bruce Wayne know what Kyptonite did before he knew about Lexcorp's involvement?
>Did Superman know he was preventing Batman from getting Kryptonite, or did he just happen to unknowingly interrupt his gun battle with bazooka-shooting badmen in the middle of a city, and not give an uppity shit about what they may have been doing or why Batman was so interested in it? Why were there no consequences for Superman allowing Lex to have Kryptonite?
>If Lex blew up congress to make Superman look like a jabrony, would he still have done it if Finch had supported his trade bill? If he blew up congress impulsively because Finch rejected him, why is he shown putting the pieces in place the entire movie? Other than making Nancy Grace mad at Superman, what exactly did blowing up congress accomplish for Lex's goals?
>Was Lex legitimately interested in deterrence or was he just bullshitting to get what he wanted? If he was, when exactly was his turning point?
>Did Lex know he could hack the ship with Zod's body? Did he know there was an abomination-cloning machine aboard when he wanted access? Why hadn't anyone else bothered to try using the obvious fingerprint scanner in the 15 months they had been studying the ship? Why wasn't anyone in NASA or the military base super-concerned about some wacky faggot mutilating their alien specimen and hacking their ship?
>Was getting caught part of Lex's plan? If he WAS actually trying to form his own Justice League (he wasn't, its all headcanon), how did he think that he would get away with creating a giant un-killable monster with the body and ship that only he had access to? How did he think he would get away with kidnapping and attempted murder of Lois?
>Why did Lex go out of his way to send experimental bullets to Africa in what was supposed to be a framejob?
>How did Lex know that Batman was challenging Superman to a fight when he saw the Bat Signal alight?
>>
BvS is going to make so much more sense in 4 years time
>>
>>69602431
Because later movies need to fill in plot holes the size of jupiter?
>>
>>69597939
It's a glimpse at a future where one of the women in Clarks life gets killed, resulting in Supes going of the rails. Bruce incorrectly interpreted the future vision as a warning that he should kill Clark, when Flash was warning Bruce about how frail Clarks psyche is. This becomes clear to Bruce later in the film when he learned that Supes mother is being held captive, and he could be facing that future, hence why he promises to save Martha.

Bruce gets memories of this because of Flash time travelling.
>>
EL BRUCEO
YOU HAVE TO STOP TRUMP, EL BRUCEO
HE WILL BUILD THE WALL. YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT HIM. GIT R DONE
BYE HAVE A BEAUTIFUL TIME
>>
>>69602478
No, because the film clearly is a set up for future films.
>>
>>69602606
this is literally what the TFA defenders parroting over and over

lmao
>>
>>69602408
Pretty much every thing has been answered numerous times over anon, stop trying to troll.
>>
BvS is the best thing to happen to this board in at least two years. The constant shitflinging between people who knew the movie was garbage and trolls pretending to be in denial is hilarious, this thread being a perfect example.
>>
>>69602648
Okay?
>>
>>69602606
That's bad moviemaking. A movie should contain all the necessary info in itself to make sense, even when it belongs to a bigger story.
>>
>>69597939
Wasn't at all related. The Knightmare was in the script. The Flash tease was some bullshit added late in production that Zackkk thought would be neat to tease a future movie. The Knightmare was intentionally ambiguous to feed the logical connection to the Martha plot pivot. But they threw in the Flash tease where he explicitly screams at the audience about Lois and literally ruined the movie.
>>
>>69602659
They're not answered by the movie. That's why they keep getting posted to "troll" people. The only "answers" are headcanon. Stop calling people "morons" or implying that they're stupid because they questioned the logic of your terrible movie that you only defend because muh company wars.
>>
>>69602878
Yes, they're answered by the film. You just didn't pay attention.
>>
>>69601672
Or maybe that was the outcome in the battle between doomsday and superman you fucking moron.
>>
>>69603042
Nop. You are just pretending it it
>>
>>69603042
I've watched the movie 14 times. They are not. That's why you aren't actually answering them. That's why you're calling people stupid.

>>69603094
Zack's own words. He killed Superman beause he couldn't think of a way for Batman to lead the JLA if it was founded when Superman was alive.
>>
>>69603042
technically they can be found in the movie, but the character motivations were just so weak and vague that it felt forced
>>
Isn't that a reference to Injustice?
Is Snyder going to do that shit?
>>
Does anyone else think this scene would have played a lot better if it was in reverse?

I mean, have the The Flash appear FIRST to warn Bruce about the future before pulling him INTO the vision in the desert.
>>
File: IMG_4085.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4085.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>69603248
No. Technically they cannot be found at all.

There's zero explanation, context, or exposition for how Lex knows BW is Batman.

There's no explanation for why BW knows about Kryptonite before he knows about the only people that know about Kryptonite.

There's no suggestion that Superman knew he was preventing Batman from getting Kryptonite.

Lex doesn't actually gain anything from blowing up congress. He either A: made the public slightly more angry at Superman than they already were, or B: Committed treason and mass murder because a Senator rejected a bill to important what he had already smuggled.

We have no idea if Lex was ever legitimately interested in deterrence, and every possible turning point in his characterization is contradicted by shit he does later.

We have no idea what he expected to get from access to the ship.

Lex seemingly didn't want to get caught, but his entire plan almost guaranteed he'd get caught.

Lex just knows everything because he's a plot device.
>>
>>69603248
Literally half of what he asked cannot be found in the movie are you stupid?
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 201x251
>>69596823
It's Ricky Ricardo, who came to warn Ben that RT was gonna be at 27% and they got a lotta explain to do., Lucy.
>>
>>69603536
You're looking for explanations for questions that no-one is asking. You can infer all the answers with the information given to you

>There's zero explanation, context, or exposition for how Lex knows BW is Batman.
Let's just take this one for example. You're focusing on the wrong aspect here. The big reveal is "oh shit, he knows Bruce is Batman" when Bruce gets the pay notices and newspaper articles back. We can then infer that Lex knew who Bruce was and has done for the at least the last 18 months between MoS's ending and BvS beginning. Why does it matter how he knows? He's obviously been tracking him because he's an incredibly smart maniac. Do you want the film to outright state "Why yes, Bruce, I've been tracking you for years via CCTV and deduced your identity ;)"

You're poking holes where holes aren't intended to be poked. You can do this with literally any film. Seriously, pick one, and I'll poke all kinds of holes in the same stupid fashion you are.
>>
>>69603491
They wanted audiences to be able to think it was just Bruce's dream informed by his distrust of Superman. Having Flash appear first would have made that less likely.
>>
>>69603536
Why does everything have to have an answer? Lex just knows. Is everything in your real actual life answered and explained?
>>
>>69603536
>>69603654
yeah, I was way too diplomatic with my statement. Just keep seeing people weaving their own little headcanons out of vague shit. But the point was that it felt forced and the character motivations were weak to nonexistant
>>
>>69603880
>headcanons
>Explanations gathered from the information in the film
This guy
>>
>>69603880

You remind me of that Futurama episode with the Robot Devil

>"You can't just have your characters state how they feel! That makes me feel angry!"

Because that's kinda what you're asking for.
>>
>>69603880
You're just autistic and can't process subtext or use your imagination to deduce implied information. You literally will not get it unless it is spelled out to you.
>>
>>69603977
GOAT moment in an otherwise forgettable season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBhR4QcBtE
>>
>>69603536
It's obvious to me that a lot of important character scenes (that would have explained those actions) were hacked from the film at the last second leaving us the choppy mess that we know. Hopefully the extended cut fixes a lot of the issues and presents the film as it was originally meant to be seen.
>>
>>69596236
This movie requires you to know comic books to understand who and what is going on. At 2+ hours that's inexcusable. Unlike Marvel.
>>
>>69603977
thats not what I'm asking for. I'm also not the only one whoe feels that the conflict between Supes/Bats/Lex felt too rush and shallow. I wanted it to be more about their ideological differences and explore why they are fighting each other. Were you really satisfied with their motivations?
>>
>>69604136
>Were you really satisfied with their motivations?
Not particularly. Bruce wanting Supes dead as a deterrent was silly, and Supes didn't want to fight.

But that doesn't excuse that many of the points brought up early in the thread are either nitpicking, or refusing to pick up subtext.
>>
>>69604018
thats not true. The movie just did a shit job at having subtext and establishing its characters. It wasnt too subtle, it was jsut barely there
>>
>>69603776
He literally says his fucking with Batman was "2 years in the making." Even though it's implied in the movie that Bruce Wayne is only aware of the notes immediately after congress blows up.
>Why does it matter how he knows?
Because it's generally better to have characters not just KNOW secrets for no reason. Audiences generally like to see characters earn their plot progression, not just magically have it.

>He's obviously been tracking him because he's an incredibly smart maniac
Everything he does in the movie would suggest he's not too smart. Literally everything that happens in the movie has his name on it. Lexcorp brand African bullets. Lexcorp brand sploding wheelchairs. Lexcorp brand Doomsday monster.
>Do you want the film to outright state "Why yes, Bruce, I've been tracking you for years via CCTV and deduced your identity ;)
Not necessarily. I'd like to see the characters learn and earn the things that make explain why the fucking movie is happening. You know, like how narrative storytelling works?
>You're poking holes where holes aren't intended to be poked.
How does the antagonist know the protagonist's secret identity? What an unpokable hole.
>You can do this with literally any film.
And most good ones provide explanations. We know why Bane knows who Batman is. We are told how Robin figured it out. The Waynetech guy in TDK figuring it out was a major plot point.

>Seriously, pick one, and I'll poke all kinds of holes in the same stupid fashion you are.
We're talking about BvS. If you can't defend the movie on it's own merits, just admit it. Don't try to pivot to other shit, and if you do, don't put it on me to do your homework.
>>
>>69604131
Snyder seems to have an issue with length (or he's working with some really bad editors). Just seeing how much of a difference the Director's Cut of Watchmen made to the theatrical realease leads me to be hopeful about BvS's extended cut.
>>
File: IMG_4083.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4083.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>69603808
We're talking about a movie. A movie about people in capes that ends with them fighting a cave troll.

And we're not talking about the great existential unanswerables. We're talking about BASIC PLOT SHIT. Why do I need an answer for why the villain just magically and inexplicably knows everything for no established reason? Jeez idk. Maybe I'm a fan of competent screenwriting and storytelling that just doesn't pull things out of it's ass conveniently. I prefer there to be a level of logic and exposition in my stories, where things established in the first act pay off in the last. NOT some disorganized rambling fucking story told by a toddler. Good narrative action films are driven by scenes WHICH LEAD TO scenes WHICH LEAD TO scenes. BvS is driven by scenes AND THEN scenes AND THEN scenes. You're asking "why do movies have to not be shit" just to defend a shit movie.

>>69604122
This may be true. But considering we know there were at least 2 other dream sequences, and the theatrical cut has useless dogshit like the Man-Bat dream and the Lois bullet investigation, I'm not holding my breath that another 30 minutes of this shit will fix everything. There's already 30 minutes of useless fat as it is.
>>
>>69604448
this is actually pretty good.
>>
>>69604448
Those 30 minutes of fat could easily be trimmed down by a creative fan editor. Hmmm... I might try that actually once the movie comes out on bluray.
>>
>>69595994

GIT R DUN
>>
>>69604131
>requires you to know comic books
not even that. Since the movie clearly is a new take on a lot of stuff, comic knowledge wont really help. You cant be sure if things established in the comics are true for the dcu.
There is also the fact, that even in the comics there are a lot of different interpretations and spins
>>
File: IMG_4074.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2401) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4074.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2401
>>69604594
You having a goof? I've been all about doing that the entire time. Hence why I've watched that shit 14 times and taken extensive notes.
>>
>>69602408
>>69603536
>>69604448
>dat painting
I appreciate this high effort meming
>>
File: Confirmed for Autism.jpg (754 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
Confirmed for Autism.jpg
754 KB, 2448x3264
>>69604718
thanks m8
>>
>>69604715
Autism speaks
>>
>>69604807
not him, but you really have to do shit like this for a good edit
>>
>>69604715
I suddenly feel less autist about my research on astronaut average age after watching Interstellar.
>>
>>69596606
SAPBE
>>
>>69605151
Oh man I went bananas studying the ISS and researching ways to go to there after Interstellar and even more after The Martian. All you need is $20 million and you can go do space shit on the ISS for a few weeks. I only need $19,995,000 left to go!
>>
It's el emo numale flasho-goldbergstein.
>>
>>69604131

Nice try ncu cunt. Everyone in the world knows batman superman and wonder woman. No one baerly knew who the avengers were beffore the 20 fucking movies theyve put ou.
>>
>>69605022
Please don't ban me again over that shit, Janitor. It's fucking funny, directly relevant to the conversation, and you wouldn't give a shit if it was a dude.
>>
I'll happily shit on this film till the end of time, but this part was amazing.
>>
>>69604131
>This movie requires you to know comic books to understand who and what is going on.
And it ACTIVELY TELLS COMIC FANS TO GO FUCK THEMSELVES AT THE SAME TIME. It's baffling. You have to be a diehard fan of comic canon, and also be totally cool with him turning Batman into the Punisher and Superman into Dr. AynRandhattan.

It's like he set out to make a movie that actively appeals to nobody.
>>
>>69596045
When he works up a more vigorous thrust.
>>
>>69606337
I love that they casted a dude that is awkward as fuck in the water, to play the dude that lives in the water.
>>
>>69606472
>hawaian guy
>awkward in water

Nah, the problem is that moving in water in an elegant, gracefull manner is way harder than people may believe, and it's not the kind of training your average actor has.
>>
>>69606593
>in an elegant, gracefull manner
this plus doing it in a somewhat manly fashion is even harder I think
>>
>>69606593
Nah he's awkward as fuck in the water. He's even got his cheeks puffed out to hold his breath like a toddler in their second swimming lesson.

I bet the producers, like you, also saw
>hawaian guy
and assumed he'd be comfortable shooting underwater shit without actually auditioning him for it. They probably didn't bother to read the whole
>He was raised in Norwalk, Iowa, by his mother.
part of his wiki page.
>>
>>69595994
kinda looks like filthy frank don't he
>>
>>69595994
If it's the flash why can't he bother to shave so he doesn't look like a scrub? It would take him 2 seconds
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.