[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do movies act like weed is so awesome? It's really not.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: dudeweed.gif (443 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
dudeweed.gif
443 KB, 500x275
Why do movies act like weed is so awesome? It's really not.
>>
>>69418801
it really is
>>
>>69418834
it's pretty cool until you get schizophrenic
>>
>>69418834
If you're 15. I adored it from then up until like 20. I can't stand it now.
>>
>>69418801
Dude, weed lmao
>>
>>69418881
>he believed the government's lies
lel
>>
File: 1462264454763.jpg (71 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
1462264454763.jpg
71 KB, 680x453
For me it's literally the best drug.
Started smoking 2 years ago at the age of 22, i smoke it on weekends and free days if i happen to have some.
If it doesn't work for you then that's it, people are different after all.
>>
>>69418950
I've had a couple of psychotic episodes with weed.

All three occasions I'd consumed a shitload of other drugs in the lead up but for whatever reason weed was the thing that actually set it off. I don't go near it now.
>>
>>69418801
It's awesome

Maybe once a week

I smoke all the time and I'm scared if I quit i'll have nothing to do.
>>
I want to try it someday
>>
File: 1313136451716.jpg (223 KB, 604x500) Image search: [Google]
1313136451716.jpg
223 KB, 604x500
>>69418950
Long term smoker here. I smoked daily for 6 or 7 years. It really does fuck with your brain. I still enjoy getting high occasionally when I'm out at a concert or the beach or whatever. But smoking regularly in my own house or with my own friends just makes me anxious and paranoid without any actual pleasurable feelings.
>>
weed is the worst drug

literally grown men sitting inside of a room eating lollies, burning each other with lighters and playing nintendo 64 games over and over and over again

nu male: the drug
>>
>>69418801

Kikes
>>
It helps me write, man.
>>
DUDE
>>
>>69418801
I smoke it like once every couple of months and I enjoy it; just not enough to make a habit of it. Same deal with alcohol but reefer is superior in every way.
>>
>>69419100
this
It's relaxing as fuck and gets me creative
>>
>>69419126
>gets me creative

This is the most meme thing about weed.

No, it doesn't. It makes you feel more creative. But you're not. I'm willing to wager you've never actually done anything with the awesome ideas you've had on weed.
>>
>>69419126

posting on 4chan doesn't count as being creative.
>>
>>69419062
>But smoking regularly in my own house or with my own friends just makes me anxious and paranoid without any actual pleasurable feelings.
Same. I usually just freak the fuck out and go to sleep.
>>
It's fun when you have good weed, most people smoke weed laced with shite.
>>
File: mhm.jpg (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
mhm.jpg
33 KB, 400x400
We owe everything to hemp
>>
>>69419285
>it doesnt work for me therefore it's impossible
>>
>>69419350
>le laced weed meme
no they don't, it's totally uneconomical for dealers/producers to spray a very cheap drug
>>
>>69419350
>he buys from mexicans
lmao
>>
>>69419378
>He doesn't get wet
Wew lad
>>
>>69418834
It's incredibly overrated. Smoking it with your friends is in and of itself a lot more fun than the actual high which is at best boring and on a cold day a fucking nightmare. The best thing it does is make taking showers really cool
>>
>>69419369
Granted I only have anecdotal evidence but it's also been supported by absolutely everyone I've ever met who has said that being an absolutely talentless excuse making fuck up.
>>
>>69418801
Thank god we don't get that shit here in UK films and TV

Our weed is fucking shite, at most it just relaxes you
>>
Recreational: good.
Habitual: bad.
>>
>>69419461
>Thank god we don't get that shit here in UK films and TV
I've seen saving grace
>>
>>69419350

I know a few dealers who've done this on purpose to make it more addicting so people keep buying their product. Really fucked up.
>>
>>69418801
No one acts like weed is so awesome? you ever see the really cool classy stylistic and professional stoner?
>>
It's fun in moderation like everything and it's funnier to smoke with other people thn alone, so that's why 4chan doesn't like it.
>>
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>69419461
>Our weed is fucking shite, at most it just relaxes you
get a better dealer
>>
>>69419525

>Le everything is funny on marijuana cliche
>>
>>69419572
well it's true
>>
>>69418973
>I've had a couple of psychotic episodes with weed.
>All three occasions I'd consumed a shitload of other drugs in the lead up
pick one
>>
>>69419323
>>69419062
I was a long time smoker, but now I can't touch the stuff. Last time I smoke I got whigged out thinking about something I saw on CNN earlier that day about including women in Selective Service (the draft) and letting them into combat roles.

I started thinking about how it was some kind of planted story meant to broadcast to America's potential adversaries that the US was willing to mobilize women into the meatgrinder if need be. As if the entire story was for the purpose of saying "you thought we only had X many pawns? Better think again".
>>
>>69419461
Do britbongs even smoke weed? I thought hash was the big thing there.
>>
>>69419619
As I said

>for whatever reason weed was the thing that actually set it off.

I've done that amount of drugs before fine but whenever I add weed to the mix it ends in disaster.
>>
File: 15.png (202 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
15.png
202 KB, 400x400
The best bud has red hairs.
Wish i lived in Washington so i could get dank quality stuff
>>
>>69419625
Muslims smoke weed and hash, bro.
>>
>>69419285
I don't think anyones arguing that it'll make the naturally uncreative creative just that it allows the creative to express themselves better. Why else do you think all those famous artists like it so much? It isn't like they didn't have other more intensely pleasurable drugs available like cocaine or heroin, yet they stuck with weed, why?
>>
>>69419625
>I thought hash was the big thing there.
it used to be before hydro became big, you can still get hash p easy but it's not 'big'
>>
File: Dan Bilzerian.png (505 KB, 638x554) Image search: [Google]
Dan Bilzerian.png
505 KB, 638x554
>>69419285
>my opinion about something I've never tried and only heard things about, is concrete, because that's that and fuck you I won't do what you tell me
>>
>>69419437
>Granted I only have anecdotal evidence

>anecdotes
>evidence
pick one
>>
>>69419647
You still can't say it was the weed that did it though, more accurately it was the cumulative effect of all the drugs you had done. Did smoking weed without the previously taken cocktail of drugs produce the same reaction in you?
>>
File: 1450631500807.jpg (72 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1450631500807.jpg
72 KB, 720x720
Not a fan, all it does is make me think about what an absolute failure I am and how I've disappointed everyone in my life. I'll stick to the positive buzz of beer and vodka
>>
>>69419437
If you are talentless at the start, you won't get creative with weed.
>>
>>69418950
Believe me im not memeing when i say u must have just hit puberty and thinking weed is the best thing and eye opener. Ive been there. And about that lies tell that to people i know who ended up with schizo. Not talking about "they crazy"... Proper condition with meds
>>
File: 57.jpg (32 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
32 KB, 323x323
>>69419597

Not really. Harkens back to the "I'm so drunk" guy who exaggerates to feel accepted.

It's like when someone takes their first bong rip & they immediately claim to have "The Munchies".

Insufferable
>>
>>69419647
I love how druggies themselves are the biggest pushers for prohibition.

Yeah, sure. My cousin was a big weed smoker and claimed to have some issues. I don't think that it actually triggers mental illness though. He pretty much came right.

If it wasn't awesome mediocre shit wouldn't sell for a premium and ounces gone by the hour where I live. kek
>>
>>69419749
man it's not our fault if you don't have any friends to smoke with and laugh for hours
>>
I always wanted to try it, but I guess I've always just been too uncool, too unconnected, or too sheltered, since the opportunity has just never arose and I've never really known anyone who's offered :-/ Kinda sucks and its kinda weird to think about, since I went away from home to a 4 year college and everything, went to parties, etc, but oh well. I guess some people just kinda fall thru the cracks when it comes to certain "social opportunities" in life like that lol But yeah, not all the fans are stoners. We just wish we could be ;-) So please don't generalize.
>>
>ctrl + f "Jew" and "joo"
>0 result
>>
>>69419654
>yet they stuck with weed, why?

Because it makes the downtime more tolerable? Anyone that's attributing any of their creative achievements to weed probably has very little. How many of the great works were done while stoned?
>>
>>69419811
nice blog post, faggotron
>>
>>69419665
I'm basing this off years of smoking weed, thinking my ideas were awesome despite never, ever actually doing anything with any of these ideas then waking up one day and realising weed didn't do anything for me creatively. Throw on top the losers who say it helps them produce nothing significant or creative.

You can reply without greentext.

>>69419676
>anecdotes
>evidence
>pick one

No. Pick both, retard.
>>
>>69419697
No. Have done the same cocktail, in some cases way more and come out fine.

Weed has been the ingredient to miss. Haven't had any issues since avoiding it. It simply doesn't gel with me.
>>
>>69418881
>tfw my extended family is full of mental cases

I'm never smoking that shit, fuck that noise. LSD too.
>>
>>69419779
>I love how druggies themselves are the biggest pushers for prohibition.

Probably due to learning about the dangers from firsthand experience.
>>
>>69419557
>a better weedman
>in London
Kek
>>
It can be. I feel so relaxed if I don't let the paranoia creep in. It also makes highlights everything in my life that makes me feel happy.
>>
>>69419811
>>69419957
And yeah, believe it or not, though I've long wanted to try it, I haven't yet had the opportunity to smoke weed. So I'm just a stoner in spirit, haha. Definitely a slacker, though (actually only half true, but I can say it as a joke because I can laugh at myself and not take myself too seriously, whereas other people take themselves and me too seriously IMO so they usually don't get my "joke" and they try to correct me or something, trying to put me on the "right path" lol). I definitely have the proper mindset and worldview of a stoner, I think.

And I've asked previous therapists and psychiatrists about if they think I should try it for medicinal purposes (anxiety, etc), but they all shot me down :-/ Bastards. So I always laugh when I see how easily people acquire it in movies and shows. Makes me envious, since that hasn't been my reality at all. Its funny how people look down on these stoner slackers as these so-called "losers" (hate that term - life shouldn't be a competition), but I figure they must have some social skills to at least acquire the weed lol People are harsh.

I'm sure people here will be cynical (I've heard paranoia is another mark of a stoner, haha) and not believe me, but whatever. I'm used to being misunderstood. I just keep being myself and putting myself out there and that's all I can do. Hopefully some will understand and connect with my words. PM me if you feel what I'm saying or have anything informative to tell me, since I don't often read replies to my posts. Too many jerks around here, so its not worth it (told you I was highly sensitive, haha).

Mark my words, though: Someday I will try it (weed). Its good to have goals - Aim High ;-)
>>
Nothing is greater than getting home after a hard week and start the weekend with a cold beer and a nice spliff.
>>
File: kill.jpg (67 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
kill.jpg
67 KB, 600x600
>>69419811
>>69420057
>>
>>69419996
I would say weed could be ok in small doses but if your at all worried about your mental health, fucking never touch LSD. LSD truly gave me a glimpse into the mind of the mentally insane, the voices and hallucination and the sense of isolation is truly hellish and heavenly at the same time.

>>69420033
London if full of good and bad weed, its just pretty inconsistent.
>>
>>69418801
i agree with you, OP.
i dont get it either. weed just plain sucks if you ask me.
>>
>>69418889
Agreed. Smoked on and off, a lot of times nightly from 15 - 20. Haven't touched it in 4 months and feel much better. What a waste of time and money.
>>
Weed movies never get it right. Everyfucking time a skeezy broke stoner is like, "Hey I got some weed." He pulls out a giant 2 oz bag. Never a movie where people are scraping resin and stuff because their dealer didnt answer or they are broke.
>>
getting blazed as soon as i finish this cup of tea and donut, gonna be so great

also sage and not even reading any of the posts in this thread cuz its mostly teens bragging about it and weird pathetic fucks calling people degenerate like it is every single time
>>
>>69420165
>have weed
>dealer won't leave me alone
>don't have weed
>dealer nowhere to be found
Every time.
>>
Started smoking regularly a few months ago, but after a while it stopped being as fun so I dropped it. Not the worst thing but it's way overrated
>>
>>69420057
How have I never seen this oasta
>>
>>69418889
This. Once you get away from the hype and mentality weed feels more like a detriment
>>
>>69420192
>>69420165

I always used to think to myself how lucky these faggots were that it was an illegal drug. If it was legalized no way anyone would stand for such fucking bullshit customer service.

Drug dealers and 9/10 absolute cunts who have no regard for the people who keep them in business.
>>
>>69419749
>>69419791
Honestly weed never made me laugh a whole bunch is just made movies seem like they had more depth and made me anxious and paranoid. Food tasted/felt pretty good too.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 980x1040) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 980x1040
>>69419285
Reminds me of Louis CK's story about getting super high, writing an entire season of Louie which he thought was brilliant, calling the FX president to start a new season, sobering up and realizing everything he wrote was utter garbage
>>
Get high and brush your teeth. Feels amazing.
>>
>>69419811
>>69420057
w-w-what?
>>
>>69419437
Can't believe I'm stopping the lurking to answer.
I'm a writer and I don't believe tht weed is the key to being creative. Howeever, if I'm anxious or without ideas, smoking a weak joint will relax me enough to at least saying "fuck it" and start writing. Which is very important, even if I may end up erasing half the stuff later. It helps me start working. Being naturally creative, once I start, weed or no, things flow.
>>
the most common demographic that watch these weed movies are impressionable kids in need of having their opinoins and actions validated through some external source.

Since their mother and fathers disapprove of drug use, the movies they watch are saying its okay.

Same thing with aetheism in movies.

pandering to fedoracore meme sperging pantywastes becuase they are the one paying for the movie tickets.
>>
File: sad-frog.jpg (47 KB, 549x534) Image search: [Google]
sad-frog.jpg
47 KB, 549x534
>>69420257
>I know that feel and i haven't even accomplished anything from my sober work
>>
>>69418801
>t. some straight edge faggot who's never experimented with drugs in their life
>>
I started to drink at 14, smoke weed at 18 now I'm 22 and I'm kind of getting tired of LSD

Better just stop here before I star doing krokodil.
The thing with pretty much every drug, for me at least is that they feel awesome when you start using, but afther a while you just use them to feel normal
>>
>trying to watch a movie about a guy dying of cancer
>suddenly, film cuts to seth rogen taking a huge bong rip and talking about how good his weed is

subtle as a brick in the face.
>>
>>69420325
>I'm a writer

What have you done?
>>
>>69420390
I'm starting my writing career, I used to be a lawyer. Not murrican.
>>
reminds me of big homo cocks
>>
>>69420412
So like 90% of the people who say, "I'm a writer", you're not really.

Everyone writes asshole. Don't act like your something special. And if you need weed to get you started you sure as hell fucking aren't.

Go back to law. You've got nothing to say for the rest of us.
>>
>>69420339
>Same thing with aetheism in movies.

name one movie where, uh, aetheism is shown in a positive light, usually it's something to show how edgy the villain is ("has anyone else got an imaginary friend they want to swear to?") or to show how depressed and pessimistic a character is (Rust Cole)
>>
File: 1460064013338.png (276 KB, 560x437) Image search: [Google]
1460064013338.png
276 KB, 560x437
>>69420057
>>
>>69420458
And who might you be, kiddo?
>>
>>69420483
I can't name any right now. But i know they are there.

either a joke about gods existence
or the MC pretty much saying there is no god.
>>
Alcohol >>> Weed
>>
>>69420629
Nice response, "writer". Can't wait to read your next work.
>>
>>69419285
Most /lit/ drug is opiates. Believe it or not but I published a novel that's doing quite well which I wrote and edited most of whilst on Oxycodone. I know exactly what you mean about the 'feel' vis a vis acting on that creativity, but weed for me has always been fairly unpleasant. I get extremely paranoid, bordering on schizophrenic in some cases. I suppose it depends on the individual but I've never seen how so many can take to it and defend its so vehemently when it's clear that there are risks on the mental state.

I guess I also envy who can smoke it without the problems I have though. I distanced myself from an old group of friends who smoked it because they turned into huge assholes when they did.
>>
>>69420691
>there are just trust me
>>
>>69420704
This tbqh familio
>>
i very rarely smoke weed, maybe 2-4 times a year, but it's fantastic every time, never felt any negative side-effects except cotton mouth during

if weed was legal i'd cut out alcohol altogether and just smoke or consume edibles, but as it stands i very rarely drink alcohol as well

smoking weed every day doesn't sound very healthy, but i'm not judging anyone who is, whatever works for you i guess, as long as it works for you
>>
>>69420748
I'm trying to have a creer in writing. what's so wrong about trying to do it? I've changed my life and am working to making it happen, why do you think I should not do it?

I think you need to relax. I'm not even a heavy smoker.
>>
I vote A Serious Man for most realistic weed scene
>>
File: 1448744232285.jpg (72 KB, 651x768) Image search: [Google]
1448744232285.jpg
72 KB, 651x768
>>69418881
>>69418973
>>69419062
>>69419621
>be crazy
>smoke weed
>realize you're fucking crazy
>blame the weed
Every single time
>>
>>69420339
i find this funny. as an atheist stoner whose parents are both, the idea that i like such movies because i need something to agree with me is ridiculous.
>>
Weed is fun in moderation. Maybe once or twice a week at most and just plan ahead what you want to do

>smoke
>eat
>activity
>fap
>sleep
>>
>>69420119
cheers to that m9
>>
I like to think that Rogen's movie buddies all just pretend to like weed so they can appear in his movies but actually think he's a fucking idiot for praising it so much
>>
File: costanza feels.png (26 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
costanza feels.png
26 KB, 750x750
>when the movie shows a person who just smoked having vivid hallucinations

The only issue I'm having with smoking a lot is it bolsters my already huge appetite so I haven't been losing weight like I should be.
>>
>>69420057
I'm glad I replied.
>>
File: 2304023-.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
2304023-.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
> Working dead end, humiliating fast food job

> No friends

> No gf

> "Well, atleast i still have weed"

> Ride my bike to a quiet, empty far away park which overlooks the whole city.

> Gives me an excuse to get out of the house

> Getting stoned gives me something to look forward to

> Parents urge me to find a better job

> New job drug tests

> Have to stop doing drugs

> Life is now infinitely more boring than before

> Dont leave the house at all

> Feel more depressed

You never know what you have, until its gone.
>>
File: 1280869182403.jpg (12 KB, 400x318) Image search: [Google]
1280869182403.jpg
12 KB, 400x318
Whenever I smoke the herbal jew, I plan on goofing off and playing video games or something but end up just constantly thinking about things I need to do and end up running a bunch of errands/doing chores.
>>
File: a (You) for you.jpg (15 KB, 234x230) Image search: [Google]
a (You) for you.jpg
15 KB, 234x230
>>69420852
How about you go fuck yourself?
>>
>>69421004
If you moved out you wouldn't have to listen to your parents
>>
>>69421027
lazy fucking stoners

better than all the show that glorify alcohol
>>
>>69421004
You should kill yourself.

Only solution.
>>
>>69420458
lol, your projection is showing.
>>
>>69418881
>>69418834
>>69418801

Yeah I thought it was really cool and fun, then I had a psychosis.
>>
>>69420839
I'm glad you've changed your life but do not use weed as some crutch to get you going. If you have something to say, fucking say it.

Yes, I understand sometimes the words won't flow when you sit down but smoking something, snorting something to write all night or sticking a needle in your arm will only create a lot of shit.

If you want to write, write. Do it unadulterated. I'd love to read something that speaks on the human condition or is just a cracking story. I will guarantee you those that rely on drugs to get them to tell that story don't do it.

This weekend don't smoke. Don't drink. Don't do any drugs.

Wake up at 7am on Saturday, sit down and don't leave the seat until you've written 10 pages.

If it's productive, great. If you want, post a thread here about it, but you really shouldn't need to. Appreciate those 10 page. They're you, not some fucking cloudy version of you.

On Sunday, do the same thing. I'll bet those 10 pages come so quick you have to hold yourself back because you have more to say. Don't write it. Leave it at 10 pages. Sit down and enjoy your Sunday and all the thoughts the come on what to do next.

On Monday, keep going or if it was a short, edit.

Best of luck.
>>
>>69418801
>>69418881
don't blame the plant for you being already crazy

schizophrenia is very rare. weed is the most common drug. there would be a shit load more schizophrenic people if there really was a connection
>>
>>69421075

Thats the only reason i took this new job, because i cant stand being almost 30 and still living with them.

but the way things are going, it'll be another 10 years before i have the money to move out.
>>
>>69420839
definition, Spanish. creer: to believe

I creer you to be a charlatan, or a failed writer at the most.
>>
>>69421232
No it's not.

Caffeine and alcohol, mate.
>>
Why do movies act like psychedelics are so psychotic and bad for you? They're really not.
>>
>>69421232
although it does act as a catalyst, if you do already have it, no one smart could assert it actually causes it from nothing.
>>
>>69421231
I am doing that, actually. Don't worry, I really don't think the best of my work will come with the use of intoxicants.

But I don't think you know how writing works. Writing ten pages with quality in a day is almost impossible. If I can get four it's already a victory. Writing ten pages is easy, writing ten pages you can always be proud of is way harder.
>>
>>69421384
>Writing ten pages with quality in a day is almost impossible

Of course it, dickhead. Stop worrying about getting everything perfect. That's what editing it is for.

For fuck's sake, take a writing class.
>>
>>69420852
Basically this. The only people who have psychotic breaks on weed are those who were already at risk for a psychotic break.
>>
>>69418881
I had a friend who died from smoking a whole marijuana once
>>
>>69419811
How to get free weed:
>what's that smell?
>no I've never been high before
>how do I "hit" it?
I've been smoked up so many times pretending I've never smoked. Gotta take your first hits like a bitch or people catch on; if not usually they will egg you on trying to get you more and more stoned and I oblige every time. You could probably do the same with booze but I don't dabble in the drink
>>
>>69420057
Trying weed is as easy as asking stoner friends where to get weed.
That being said, Ive got mental issues so I'm not that good to smoke with
>>
I've been on my gym shit lately so I've cut way down (and ounce every two weeks). My alcohol intake is through the roof though.
>>
>>69421535
That's pretty damn smart.
>>
>>69421535
>>69421622
You don't need to do that. I've never met a stoner who didn't share.
>>
>>69421619
sounds like a good plan to become a fat fuck
>>
>>69421004
Synthetic pee m8. Works like a charm.
>>
>>69421384
JOSEF
O
S
E
F
>>
>>69421619
Pre/post lifting session blaze is glorious. Fuck a few weekends ago I was high bouldering outside and it was magical.
>>
>>69421748

>Carrying pee around with you

doesnt really work on random tests though...
>>
weed is an enhancer. it can't make you a retarded asshole unless you are already a retarded asshole.
>>
>>69421266
only if you're mormon
>>
>>69421231
what the fuck? Are you stupid?
>>
>>69421535
you're a cunt
>>
Drinking is better than smoking
>>
>a drug that makes you tired and forgetful
>good
>>
Wow, who would of thought that some people can like something others don't. WEIRD.
>>
DUDE
>>
>>69418881
>have relative who is a major pothead
>NEET
>really into conspiracy theories
>like, balls deep
>according to him, all science is fake
>tried to explain to me that the Earth is flat
Nah, I'm not touching that shit.
>>
>>69422669
have you ever considered that your friend is just retarded?
>>
>>69419512
Bullshit. what, pray tell, did they 'spray' it with? Demand for weed is inelastic, seriously if you have it demand will not limit your expansion. Weed dealer here, btw.
>>
>>69422733
He's not an idiot, but his lifestyle left quite the impression on him. I think he's just bored most of the time. Reading up on how ISIS actually consists of Mossad agents provides the drama and wonder he needs between looking up videos on Youtube, smoking dope and jerking off.

He's gone, though. He got into an argument with his brother about the holocaust and threatened to kill him. Disagreeing with him now only makes him mad.
>>
>>69420825
Edibles are excellent once you get legalization and can reliably buy a good product with consistent dosages. Before that it was just a crapshoot for me, not knowing if I was in for an 8 hour hellish nightmare or if I was even going to get high at all.
>>
>>69422944
that's some spooky shit pham
>>
my 19 year old brother died from a Marijuana Overdose. His loss was tragic, and I vowed never to touch that horrible drug. Yesterday, I came home and found my sister smoking weed with a few people. I don't want to lose her either, but I don't want to come off as a "non-cool" brother. I want to remain her friend, anyone she can talk to. How do I go about telling her that she will die if she continues this habit? She loves Seth Rogan and watches all those weed movies.

What is a good movie to get her away from marijuana?
>>
>>69420748
If he writes he is a writer. Doesn't mean he's very good at it or is a published author. He may just enjoy the creative pursuit.
>>
>>69423013
Really is. He lives with his mom, who provides for him mostly. Don't want to think about what happens when she's gone.
>>
>>69423029
Smoke it all yourself before she can.
>>
>>69422273
Marijuana wakes me right up idk why everyone gets tired. I get amped and want to do something like ride a bike. Coming down however I can go right to bed. Forget fullness is great. Going to the movies stoned (uncrowded or paranoid for me) and then forgetting the first half and going to see it again is where its at. Mad max was amazing (side note anyone that says that didn't like it didn't see it in theaters with them engines mmmm) and blazing again during furiosas rage out the second time made the final chase even better
>>
>>69420157
Just use it in moderation.
I'm getting a degree in physics and math, and I found it interferes with my ability to study at a high level for a day or two after I use it. I now smoke once every week or two, and I feel it's really an ideal situation.

Marijuana can induce some really interesting sorts of trance states, and the effect it gives while listening to music or reading fiction/poetry is exceptional. You could probably achieve similar effects through prolonged meditation without the drawbacks, but I'm not trying to put in those hours.

When I use weed consistently for a long time, I find I develop a slightly antagonistic relationship with the substance. Typically when I get high, I'm pretty much unable to do anything of substance for three hours or so. Inflicting that upon yourself, particularly if you're ambitious, multiple times per day can lead to some emotional issues. This is why when a lot of people stop smoking weed, they stop smoking for good and look back on their time smoking it as an embarrassing mistake. I think that's throwing the baby out with the bathwater, though.

It's an interesting drug, and can be very effective at treating stress. I urge anyone who hasn't tried it to ignore the stigma and to do so. I have a great affection for it.
>>
>>69422669
>>69421505
>>69421232
>>69421133
>>69420852
>>69419996
>>69418950
>weedfags this BTFO 3 posts in
hahahahaha
why is the thread even up anymore?
>>
>>69420246
Yeah, in Seattle (where I'm from) the dealers have gotten way better about this cause now there's a fire under their ass cause they have to compete with the stores (which are marginally more expensive than illegal purchasing, but still).
Also, illegal prices have been driven way down. It's pretty sick.
>>
>>69423147
because people like you keep posting without saging
>>
>>69420380
This is pretty accurate. Psychedelics especially need to be done with moderation, and treated with respect. To lose the ability to enjoy LSD or shrooms is really a tragic thing.
>>
All of you teens and twenties who smoke habitually are really gonna enjoy being paranoid schizophrenics in your thirties until you die. Your family/ friends won't, though. Luckily, they won't be your friends long. It's okay, the voices will always be there for you.
>>
>>69422944
weed makes you a /pol/ user?
>>
>>69421231
You really are an idiot. You know how many writers have historically used drugs? A lot.

I'm not saying it's a prerequisite. It's just that it can certainly facilitate some aspects of the process. Call it a 'crutch' if you want, who cares? There's only an issue if you lose the ability to write or the ideas you got while high when you're sober (which only happens to those who abuse the drug on a daily basis). Drugs aren't 'adulteration' any more than a fancy meal or medication are.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9 KB, 300x168
>>69423144

Thanks for the advice fambalam. What do you think of MDMA? I once took it with some friends and had a great time talking shit and watching Starship Troopers.
>>
>>69419074
You need to find new non-faggot friends
>>
>>69423263
Weed has been around for so long, man... If this were the case, longitudinal studies would have pointed it out (they do exist), and it would be general knowledge. Weed has been habitually consumed for a very long time, and there's little indication that they do what you're suggesting.

It's hard to deprogram the shit you were taught in school/growing up, but you should probably do it. Life's a lot better when you're not living in a benighted fog.
>>
>>69419100
>it helps me write
>it helps me make music
>it helps me make art
No, it destroys your inhibitions regarding what content you create. It makes you disregard whether it's good or bad material you're producing because you're having so much fun producing anything. Have you heard jam bands like Phish? Case and point
>>
>>69423331
MDMA has massive therapeutic potential, and can really help people who have emotional issues. As a recreational substance, it's a lot of fun, but dosing has gotten out of control in the party scene, and people are taking individual doses considerably larger than 100mg (which is probably the most anyone should be willing to take).

Also, the stuff sold on the streets or at parties is typically cut with various amphetamines (particularly adderall and meth), which can be dangerous and habit-forming (which MDMA itself is not). You can get MDMA test kits for less than 10 bucks these days, so there's really no reason not to. I wouldn't do anything below 90% purity.

Also, a lot of people use MDMA frequently. I wouldn't recommend using it more than once or twice yearly, as it is fairly neurotoxic (don't let this word frighten you, so are a lot of other things, and when you do little enough, it's pretty much irrelevant).

You should familiarize yourself with Alexander Shulgin's work if you haven't already. This sort of information can be readily found in his books PIHKAl and TIHKAL, whose non-technical segments can be easily found for free online. Shulgin has a rigorous and scientific approach that's more or less unmatched by anybody else.
>>
File: pot22.jpg (18 KB, 300x219) Image search: [Google]
pot22.jpg
18 KB, 300x219
>>69423447
>Case and point

oh my
>>
>>69418801
because its the culture. its heavily implied that smokin weed leads to a good time. so grab a cold one and turn on some funky toons man and lose your self in the experience
>>
File: 1435666423636.jpg (30 KB, 321x320) Image search: [Google]
1435666423636.jpg
30 KB, 321x320
>>69423136
This post is why i refuse to let people know I smoke. Either you're a complete retard, or have never smoked marijuana in your life. You sound like the average ''stoner'' kid back from highschool, who's smoked about 2 times total. You give us a bad reputation. If you are honestly over the age of 15, off yourself and do the world a favor.
>>
File: e0Ha8IKC.png (440 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
e0Ha8IKC.png
440 KB, 500x500
ITT: a lot of people with no friends
>>
>>69421311
Set and setting m8
You can't really interact with people normally while tripping on acid, but that's why you usually want to stay in a room and trip while doing other things
>>
>>69419100
GHOST WEEEED

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gHj79PDtEmY
>>
File: auntdiane.jpg (6 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
auntdiane.jpg
6 KB, 256x192
>>69418801
>weed is so awesome

don't do it, Jimmy
>>
>>69423524
Yeah don't worry i'm familiar with correct dosage, test kits and spacing between rolls. I would love to get some hands on some Euro MD. Good shit is so hard to find over in Australia. What movies would you recommend putting on while rolling?
>>
>>69423263
Lol this isn't true at all. Why would you lie on the Internet?
>>
File: fear-and-loathing-in-las-vegas.jpg (46 KB, 856x482) Image search: [Google]
fear-and-loathing-in-las-vegas.jpg
46 KB, 856x482
just finished watching fear and loathing for the first time.
any drug movies recommendations?
>>
Weed is only good if you've reached a point in your life where you're content and okay with stagnation. There's no way up if you do it daily.
>>
File: 1350584476259.jpg (29 KB, 196x242) Image search: [Google]
1350584476259.jpg
29 KB, 196x242
>>69418801
Why do you think?
>>
Weed is cool when you're 16. Really if you're older than 20 and still use anything mind altering on a regular basis you need to consider ending your life.
>>
>>69418801

It's for people who are bored/ have no ambition. If you don't feel like being productive weed is the tits. It becomes a problem when weed is your main hobby and you don't develop any talents.

You just end up a loser if you smoke too much too often because instead of putting your brain or body to work you're vegging out on the couch.

With that in mind it's insanely good for depressed people. As typically they don't wanna do anything with there lives or are too low energy to be productive in any way. I had a friend who is depressed and weed was the only thing that keeps him from losing is shit.
>>
>>69424022
>I had a friend who is depressed and weed was the only thing that keeps him from losing is shit.
The world would probably be better off if he killed himself.
>>
File: 78987988789.jpg (67 KB, 1280x692) Image search: [Google]
78987988789.jpg
67 KB, 1280x692
>>69423877
Easy Rider
>>
>>69418801

it's comfy and less of a hangover than getting drunk. Also the free association aspect of it results in pretty retarded but hilarious conversations with your friends. Try word games or charades on weed, it's a lot different than when you're sober. Your mind will make connections between words that just don't make real sense.

>>69418889

I'm 35, I haven't smoked in 6 years, but, I would if my job would let me, I don't drink anymore.
>>
>>69424251

He quits but then always goes back because he's too depressed. It's funny because he always gets super productive after he takes a break from weed but then always goes back because he wants to blow his brains out.

He's got good grades and it's about a year off from finishing college but his grades go from like high to mid As to low B and mid C from when he's off weed compared to on.
>>
>>69424251
the world would probably be better without the human race,whats your point?
>>
>>69418881
>tfw never had mental issues
>stop smoking after being a heavy smoker for years
>sudden intense anxiety, panic attacks, depression, insomnia
>>
>>69424547
everything in moderation, hope you learned your lesson
>>
>>69424584
stop bully pls
>>
>>69424547
thats just from growing older and realizing your life is terrible. pretty common famalam
>>
>>69424461
No it wouldn't. You have a shit world view.
>>
>>69419285

it increases semantic priming which creates connections between words and ideas that normally don't exist. This can result in new inspiration or creativity.
>>
>>69418801
Movie execs know what consumers like. Weed is great, in moderation. Read these other posts. You will see good and bad experiences. Bad experiences with weed come from using it for the wrong reasons or excessive use. Good experiences come with moderation and respect. It's not as magical as movies would have you believe, but it can change your perspective on life (usually for the better.)
>>
>>69419930

Contrast the Beatles before and after experimentation with psychedelic drugs.

Realize that when the things you call "the great works" were done, most psychotropic drugs weren't really in use, just alcohol. Everything else was a niche.
>>
>>69418801
I always wanted to try weed or shrooms. Anyone have any stories?
>>
>>69424834
Yeah, my friends wanted me to write trip reports for them, they're basically essays though. Don't want to clog my stories here. Give me a throw away email and I will send it to you if you want.
>>
I have chronic pain in my leg due to fucked sciatic nerve, docs tried all sorts of meds to help me with it, but at times I can barely walk, and at times the pain extends to my lower back, making even sleeping painful.

I managed to try weed once and the pain went away as soon as the effects kicked in. Even without the high I would have felt amazing. Being not dumb I didn't got cartwheeling, because I knew it would just make the pain worse the next day, but at least I could sit, lay down and sleep without feeling like I'm getting stabbed.

Thanks weed. And thanks gubmint for making it legal in the coming years.
>>
>>69419285
>It makes you feel more creative

Which is creativity you stupid cunt. Creativity is a mood of creating, whether or not the creation is good is on a case by case basis you stupid fucking cunt. Holy fuck are you an embarassment.
>>
>>69418801
True, I don't get why movies like Harold and kumar do that. They make it seem like weed has the fucking effects of Acid, its pretty retarded.
>>
>>69422944
>He's not an idiot

Yes he is you stupid faggot. He believes the earth is flat. If your friend tried to convince you the earth is flat and also liked to watch scary movies would you stay away from scary movies because they make people beleive the earth is flat? How are you even in control of your own motor skills being this fucking retarded?
>>
>>69423447
>It makes you disregard whether it's good or bad material

I'd like to have discourse with you but since you're deciding how creativity and the vague effects of inhibitions on works through the use of mind altering drugs as if you're some sort of end all be all of how the human mind works, I can only conclude that you're a douche bag who met a few stoners he didn't like and is now using his creativity to come up with reasons why he's correct in hating weed.

You're actually trying to say that being creative on weed always results in shit. How do you know? Have you individually reviewed each and every billions of creations on weed on it's own merit and decided that weed hasn't ever helped? Do you have any idea how fucking stupid you sound right now? That's the logic of an angry emotional child. Think before you post you assfuck.
>>
>>69418801
To be more relatable to blacks
>>
ITT: Faggots
>>
>>69424022
Yo, why the fuck are you talking about me on 4chan?
>>69424251
eat my ass desu
>>
most drugs have their time and place, but honestly weed is one of the most malignantly useless drugs outside of medical use
>>
If it helps you with constant pain or relaxes you when you have panic attacks or something, then by all means use it, but if not there's literally no point other than being "fun". Personally I don't have stuff like pain or stress and I like my mind and body chemistry the way they are so I don't do drugs of any kind. I've seen how they can change people and I don't want to change.
>>
>>69425583
You made a bad post and should stop posting
>>
who /alldayerryday/ here?
>>
>>69425599
>if not there's literally no point other than being "fun

It's weird being in a position where my life has changed in amazing ways directly because of weed and reading things like this.

What can you say to a person that decides your own experience based on wanting to say something inflammatory on 4chan? Would you then try to come up with ways that it didn't really help me, I've just been somehow tricked? How would you know my life?
>>
This thread is pointless.

Live and let live, lads.
>>
why do people make 2 frame gifs?
>>
I'm in college and have basically given up on drinking any significant amount of alcohol because of how depressed and isolated it makes me feel. I don't even really feel that way normally, but even smallish amounts of alcohol do that to me.

Weed is completely different. Instead of making me feel inadequate, it makes me appreciate my situation in life and take pleasure in the things I wouldn't care about normally.

I feel bad for the people who can't get in the right head space when they smoke because for me it's immensely therapeutic.
>>
>>69425634
prove me wrong. for that matter prove yourself right.
>>
>>69425780
lmfao please kill yourself
>>
>>69425843
Because they have nothing in life except a gif making program, Tumblr, and a pirated copy of Pineapple Express
>>
>>69425846
i used to love it when i was younger, but now it just gives me crippling feelings of guilt and anxiety. It makes me feel like a retard and that i shouldn't be sitting there like that because i am better than that.
>>
>>69425842
welcome to autismchan
>>
>>69425867
Good one

Actually bad one
>>
>>69425385
>becomes reactionary and belligerent because of something I wrote
>resorts to name calling and ad hominem argument by calling me a child
Gee, it's as if I touched a nerve, anon. You should cut back on that cheeba.
>>
>>69425896
Sounds like you have self-worth/confidence issues bro
>>
>>69425856
Calling a recreational drug useless is like saying water is wet.
>>
>>69425947
>becomes reactionary and belligerent because of something I wrote

Which is my right.

>resorts to name calling and ad hominem argument by calling me a child

Also my right

>Gee, it's as if I touched a nerve, anon. You should cut back on that cheeba.

Was this really your entire comeback? Jesus christ you're retarded.
>>
how do i get rid of the smell of my dank?

even if i take a tiny hit off the bong and blow all the smoke out a window it still permeates around my entire living space.
>>
File: 1462829458717.jpg (133 KB, 910x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462829458717.jpg
133 KB, 910x1080
>tfw after 5 years of smoking I get ADD when I'm high and anxious and shit
>>
>>69426062
You don't

Smoke outside or vape
>>
>>69425960
nothing out of the ordinary, like i said it makes me feel like a retard when i sit there watching trippy videos and 'spacing out duuude', i feel like it was fine as a kid but now i'm much older and have responsibilities.
>>
>>69426122
then do normal things moron, watch some TV.
>>
>>69425963
depends entirely on your definition of recreational. i've gotten tons of mileage out of lsd, especially microdoses, and even i'd consider most of that recreational.

and i consider the vast majority of society's usage of caffeine to be recreational as well.
>>
>>69426159
weed is better than LSD faggot
>>
>>69426062
Make a sploof or whatever it's called. Stuff a couple dryer sheets into a toilet paper roll and blow your smoke through it. Works surprisingly well.
>>
>>69426122
Yeah it sounds like you are just doing dumb things while high
>>
>>69425960
sounds like you're comfortable with never changing as a person, like the vast majority of pot heads i've met
>>
>>69426190
i bet you're pretty boring.
>>
>>69426190
>weed is better than LSD faggot
disgusting opinion
>>
>>69426148
gee thanks man that should solve all my stated problems.

I don't even miss it, just drink now. Also most chicks hate having stoner boyfriends who are too useless to do anything. Justify it all you want, i doubt many of you are older than 25 though.
>>
>>69426237
>>69426252
You'll realize that when you take it more than a few dozen times, LSD is shit
>>
>>69426191
this.

you can also rubber band the dryer sheet to one end. it acts as a filters. it will have a shitty brown stain on it but it will smell dryer fresh
>>
>>69426192
nah i get pretty weird like i can't even play violent games because i feel like a weirdo for killing people. So the game has to be nintendobabby tier.
>>
>>69426291
That doesn't sound like the weed's fault
>>
>>69426291
You sound fucked in the head
>>
>>69426269
great, same with weed, except weed is addictive and even more shit. all drugs are shit, congrats, you've done enough drugs to realize that, so have i, it doesn't make you or i special.

that said, i still like to microdose LSD, especially before a long hike or bike ride.
>>
>vaporize all of the herbs to maximize shekels
>powder the AVB
>stuff it into a capsule
>ingest
Doesn't smell, goes over twice as far and you can do it anywhere. Professional degeneracy on a budget.
Smoking weed EVER is wasteful and for plebs.
>>
>>69426326
My god you sound like an annoying prick.
>>
>>69424547
Welcome to the real world. Thats how normal people feel 24/7.
>>
>>69426321
and you sound really angry for a stoner kid. stop killing everyone's buzz, bro!

>>69426317
like i said, i enjoyed it as a kid, stop being the weed defense force, one day you will grow out of it too.
>>
>>69426514
>stop being the weed defense force, one day you will grow out of it too.

I won't because you blaming weed on making you unable to play halo is fucking psychotic you old schizo.
>>
>>69426062
I keep all my shit (piece, grinder, tamp, etc.) in a a plastic tupperware-like container, and all my green in small mason jars. I keep it in a drawer in the living room and you can't smell it at all.
Honestly as long as I'm not smoking a blunt or joint the smell goes away within 30-45 min. Plus keep a nice wax burner or candle going.
>>
>>69426514
It's funny that you are trying so hard to act superior but every post you make indicates you have serious issues.
>>
>>69426020
Allow me to stoop to your level. You're an addict. Wanna know how I know that? Because only someone addicted to a substance would rush in to defend it in the manner which you did. That's the basis of your entire argument: I'm addicted to this substance and I'm God's gift to humanity and since both I and it are amazing, anyone who says there's a flaw with either my beloved substance or my own person is a retard. You sound like you'd be a lot of fun on a debate team, idiot
>>
>>69426592
>Because only someone addicted to a substance would rush in to defend it in the manner which you did

Please don't pretend to know why I'm telling that you're retarded, it's not up to you to decide. You're a fucking moron for thinking that you can say something incorrect and then when called out, dismiss the person as only coming up with arguments because they're addicted as if you somehow aren't wrong.
>>
>>69418801
>>69418834
>>69418881
>>69418889
>they didnt sell weed to get through college
That shit was basically a second full time job. I bought from a guy who took a greyhound bus to california every month and would come back with a backpack full of medical quality weed. I would make like 2 grand off of every shipment. Paid my way through school and when I graduated I quit the business.

That and the guy finally got caught.

Seriously you guys who have careers but want to make a lot of easy money, just get like 3 of your friends to each drop money and hire a guy to drive to colorado and pick up a huge shipment then flip it. You can make upwards of 200,000 from one load if you drop like 5,000 bucks
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.