[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How accurate is it for Tony to nearly defeat Cap and Bucky 1v2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 28
File: capgettingbitched.jpg (80 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
capgettingbitched.jpg
80 KB, 700x350
How accurate is it for Tony to nearly defeat Cap and Bucky 1v2?
>>
They played fast and loose with the fragility of Tony's Armor to even the odds a bit.
>>
How come the lasers that come from Tony's hands don't just one-shot them? They should at least be stronger than bullets.
>>
>>69326395
How can Iron Man withstand direct hits from a tank, Mjolnir, Hulk, Ultron, Iron Monger, but steve rogers punches his foot, and half his armor malfunctions?
>>
>>69326549
P L O T
L
O
T
>>
>>69326549
i thought he chopped at it with his shield
>>
>>69325451
Who cares. What was bullshit was that Cap was beating up Spider-Man.
>>
>>69326642
Yeah, but it's still Iron Fucking Man. Ultron was made of vibranium.
>>
>>69326760
Maybe Cap got stronger. He restrained a helicopter when there is no way even a peak human being should be able to do that.
>>
>>69326801
Cap has always had super strength in the MCU.

>>69326549
They were beating him with the WInter Soldier's robot arm and Cap's shield.
>>
I enjoyed the added cool parts from the comic into the movie. The scene where Cap and Iron Man are in that iconic stance struggling against each other. Iron Mans suit learning Caps moves.

The guy playing Bucky is hell of an actor though, a lot more emotion than Chris could pull out.
>>
>>69326832
S.Rogers plot armor > all (except B.Wayne + prep time = GOD)
>>
File: 1462627788838.jpg (167 KB, 1920x808) Image search: [Google]
1462627788838.jpg
167 KB, 1920x808
Tony should have just used Hulkbuster against Cap and Fucky
>>
>>69327213
Caps plot armor is no where near as obnoxious as Batmans. Caps fans aren't cancer either, unlike Bat fans.
>>
>>69325451
They didn't care about how accurate it was. They were just mindlessly ripping off the final fight from The Raid.
>>
>>69326549
Cap's been working on his gains
>>
>>69327267
he didn't want to kill them until that last fight, and even then he didn't want to kill cap
>>
File: mwk7adsy.jpg (401 KB, 1015x630) Image search: [Google]
mwk7adsy.jpg
401 KB, 1015x630
>>69326681
He didn't beat him up, he used his own strength against him, and then stuck him under a jet bridge. The only time He actually hit him was when he was swinging and he tagged him with the shield. Not to mention the kid's inexperienced and Cap has years of it.

>>69326642
He did, and apparently Bucky is strong enough to crack a repulsor with his mech hand. The issue becomes is Cap with the edge of his shield more destructive than Thor with the blunt impact of Mjolnir, and most people would say he shouldn't be, but that's sort of whats been portrayed here.

One argument is that Thor wasn't using his full strength in "shakespere in the park" alternatively, as Tony has increased the output of the firepower and the suit's agility, has he decreased its defenses? The Mk-46 is a lot sleeker than the 6 he went up against Thor in.

More likely it's that the writers simply aren't consistent enough.
>>
>>69327267
To be fair, Vision could have just killed all of Team Cap at the airport, too.
>>
>>69327578
You mean Scarlet Witch could have killed all of Iron Mans Avengers?

Vision knows her true power, it's probably why he didn't do much in the fight to prevent the others from seeing how strong she really is.
>>
>>69325451
He had the extremis armor on, which sacrificed defense in place of the ability to get in and out of it with ease, maneuverability and offense, remember how much time it would take for him to get into the suit in iron man 1?
>>
>>69327679
>>69327578
More likely they two of them stayed out of it where they could to avoid killing their friends.
>>
>>69326681
>didn't actually fight pete
>pete has been spiderman for 6 months and is still a retard
>they even show how strong he is when he casually stops bucky

hmmmmmmm
>>
>>69327213
Where does Droopy Dog fit into this?
>>
>>69326681
To be fair, Cap is already an experienced fucking Avenger. Spider-Man has had his powers only six months ago and this is his first real fight.

And he shamed almost everybody.
>>
Did spiderman even have his spider sense in this? He kept falling for dumb shit.
>>
File: 1457767709362.jpg (86 KB, 900x568) Image search: [Google]
1457767709362.jpg
86 KB, 900x568
>>69327527
>then stuck him under a jet bridge

Which was pretty fucked up.

There's no way he could've known Peter could hold that.

And he already knew he was a kid.
>>
>>69327798
>Did spiderman even have his spider sense in this?

Watch the scene where Bucky flings shit at him, he clearly senses it coming even when he can't see it.
>>
>>69326681
Spidey's speed got nerfed, so Cap could keep up with him and smack him. Also Spidey didn't remember to stick to the ground.
>>
>>69327798
Ya he did, He's just not used to it I suppose. He did spider sense some stuff though - Like when that giant metal door or w/e was flying right at him from behind and he interrupted himself and said" Oh god!" And then ducked.
>>
>>69326801
>>69326832
Peak human for Cap is being superhuman, otherwise "peak human" Cap from the 40s would be outclassed (at least in individual events) in the Olympics 70 years later. Cap is the peak of what humans can be, like he had centuries of selective breading/eugenics experiments. That way the gradual increases and decreases in lifting, running, etc. records would eventually catch up with Cap, he needs to be far enough beyond the top human of his day so that he'll still be the top human even if they freeze him for near a century.
>>
>why doesnt iron man shot laser?
he doesn't want to kill Captain America, and he did his chest blast at Bucky so he was serious with him.

>how did Cap give Iron Man a fight?
Cap is superhuman, not peak human. Batman wouldn't scratch Iron Man but Cap can. and his shield is made of Vibranium, so that's what was the killing strike on his arc reactor.
>>
File: 1283110494451.jpg (312 KB, 900x1290) Image search: [Google]
1283110494451.jpg
312 KB, 900x1290
>>69327847
It's isn't as if he dropped an actual bridge on him. And he knew first hand that he was significantly stronger than him, when using the same muscle groups Pete was pulling his arms apart.
>>
>>69327847
He knew Peter was stronger than him and he knew he could lift it, so it was fine. Besides you ever been in one of those? I have no idea why Spider-man was even struggling with it, it's hollow steel with thin sides. It's no shipping container.
>>
>>69325451
1) Tony's suit was probably more geared towards agility/easy storing than defense, probably less sturdy than his previous models, plus it might have been the same suit from the airport fight, in which case it would have already suffered some damage.

2) Cap is superhuman, not just peak, he's strong as fucking hell and so is Bucky's arm, couple that with a vibranium shield with a thin edge and it's no wonder it could fuck up even IM's armor.

3) Tony doesn't want to kill cap, only Bucky, so he was most likely holding back, whereas cap and Bucky had no need to hold back against the amor itself, so long as they don't kill Tony.

4) as for spiderman, he's still young and inexperienced so even if he's physically stronger and faster than cap, he lacks the awareness and preparedness that cap has from being a seasoned fighter, which is why he loses. also, his spider sense works, he just seems to not be used to it, again probably from being inexperienced in combat.
>>
File: 1462492106389.jpg (16 KB, 549x543) Image search: [Google]
1462492106389.jpg
16 KB, 549x543
>analyze his fight pattern

I can't wait to see Tony never use this ability again
>>
>>69329078

>analyze his fight pattern

>uhh what lol?

the movie was entertaining solely due to the fights

the script and the direction of the movie are just trash and only flaming fanboys could actually say the movie is "good"
>>
>>69326549
His latest armors are focused on versatility rather than durability.
He can get out of the armors easily, and now they are even modular.
The original armor needed minutes and a gigantic machine to wear it.
>>
>>69326549
That spot on the armor is particularly weak. There isn't strong armor there because that where Tony fire off this major blast attack. Due to the fire power of that attack, the suit probably doesn't need protection there. However, he was low on energy after multiple fights and just blasting Bucky's metal arm a few moment earlier with the chest attack.

Also, tony was also pressed against solid ground, which make the force of the attack greater. Before, he was hit by hulk or thor, but was knocked away into the air so some of the energy was lost.
>>
>>69327847
>>
>>69329654
widest they ever got in the movie was that middle version
>>
>>69326936
>The guy playing Bucky is hell of an actor though, a lot more emotion than Chris could pull out.

Yeah i liked how he was using all his might to keep tony pined to the wall before he blew his arm off.

Super intense
>>
Nothing superhuman about being able to stop a helicopter like that fämälämäs.

I work out and could do it
>>
>>69329654
second to last looks alot better
>>
>>69326140
Ironman 1 he literally takes a tank shell to the face. Ironman 3 suddenly his suit was made from ceramic.

How did we get to that point?
>>
>>69330640
The suit is as powerful as it needs to be. Just like every other comic hero.
>>
>>69330640
In Iron Man 1 his suit took several minutes to put on with a gigantic robot and was designed to take a lot of punishment, but after spending its ammo couldn't really do much since the repulsors were still pretty weak

By Iron-Man 3 they're unmanned suits that are basically designed to be expendable so that he can keep making upgrades to their versatility rapidly without using too many resources
>>
>>69329078
RDJ probably had them shoe it in so he wouldn't lose to cap 1 on 1 like he does in the comics.
>>
>>69330640
I don't remember him taking a tank shell to the face, i remember him dodging a tank shot and returning fire.

Can you link a video to prove he took a tank shell to the face?
>>
>>69328100
He literally is the super soldier.

Imagine an entire army of him.
>>
>>69330823
Cap only beat Tony down the second time because Spidey gave him some kind of EMP device that fucked up Tony's suit.

Cap nearly got killed by Tony the first time they fought. The film compromised and them both pretty fucked up at the end with Cap winning. Which technically what happened until all the normies tackled Cap to prevent him from killing Tony.
>>
>>69330856
The tank first shoots him out of the sky after that he dodges it and returns fire
>>
>>69331322
I see, that does make it odd.

I'd put it down to the fact the IM armour is designed for speed and ease of donning rather than overall resilience; owing to the fact he can easily win quick enough.
He's resilient enough for most things but not for getting wailed on.
You can bet the next few Mk armours are tougher though.
>>
File: wide eyed.jpg (117 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wide eyed.jpg
117 KB, 1920x1080
>>69329831
actually watching it again the closest they ever get is to the #2 version, but the black parts are still thicker towards the top points.
>>
>>69328223
>>69328256
And Steve, being a known master of modern architecture and material usage, knew exactly the weight of what he as dropping, obviously.
>>
>>69327527
It's pretty obvious that he sacrifices some defence for more portable suits.

The suits are quicker to put on, and can be stored easier now. So of course they aren't going to be as strong.
>>
>>69328256
>I've stood inside one therefore I know how heavy it is
And there is no way cap could know he could hold it up.
He had no idea how much it weighed, or what Spidermans max strength was.

All he knew was that he was stronger than him.
>>
File: talkinbout.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
talkinbout.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
>>69325451

Cap originally was just very strong for a human, he never had super strength. The super soldier serum just enhanced him to the peak of human ability.

Then after that there was Ultimate version of him who was much much stronger, closer the version we see in the MCU. That kind of ended up making normal comic cap get powered up as well because people really liked that version.

The MCU film version is honestly probably the strongest version of cap ever, punching out a harrier jet, winning a tug of war with a helicopter, etc. But even having said that Iron Man should have destroyed him and Bucky, just fucking destroyed them going by accepted comic power levels. They dropped Iron Man's power to make it closer and Bucky and Cap are much stronger than they traditionally are. It still should have been a blowout, like with Iron Man punching cap in the head which he does multiple times caps head should have just fucking exploded if he was really trying. I know people will say he was pulling punches didnt want to kill steve, etc, whatever.

I'm not really complaining. Great fight scene and great fucking movie. But traditionally not same weight class at all.
>>
>>69333129
Specifically, when he kicked the unconscious Bucky in the face while Steve was dazed, that should have been it- should have kicked his head OFF.
>>
>>69329239
This has been known since Iron-Man 2, since he couldn't get out of the mangled armor in Iron-Man1.
>>
>>69332850
He knew he was faster too, its more likely he thought Spider-Man would actually get out of the way and he could attack him while he was dodging.
>>
>>69333182

Yeah exactly, shit like that. He kicked Bucky in the head as hard as he could. His head should have just fucking exploded into hamburger.

Anyway great movie, probably my favorite MCU with winter soldier close second. They should just let these guys make every main event MCU film from here on out, they showed they know what they are doing and made a much better Avengers film that Whedon.
>>
>>69332451
it looks like #2 is the widest they go, the rest is ... decorative.
>>
File: spidey.jpg (98 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
spidey.jpg
98 KB, 1920x1080
>>69333283
Agreed. The fact we have to nitpick power level shit like this means there wasn't much else to complain about.
>>
>>69329463
>autism
>>
File: unibeam 1.jpg (89 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
unibeam 1.jpg
89 KB, 1920x1080
>>69329463
Unibeam was AFTER Cap punched his foot booster.
>>
>>69333228
Still a bad strategy to try and murder a kid like that.

He was relying on luck to not get spider-man killed.
>>
>>69333460
The only thing that really bothered me about this fight was how they stood there punching a suit of armour.

All they had to do was trip him and grapple. His boosters were already fucked up, and it's not like he would've had any way to shake them off from behind. Realistically, they could've trapped and disabled his suit if they managed to get in close enough.

But yeah it's a movie so they had to have punching. Same way the Terminators just throw people around instead of crushing their skulls or sticking their fingers into the back of the neck to sever the spine.
>>
>>69330640
I wanna know why Iron Man doesn't have those shoulder mounted gun things he had in iron man 1 that killed 5 terrorists in a second. Would have been pretty useful to fight cap dont you think?
>>
>>69333568
>lethal weapons would've been pretty useful in a fight where he's actively trying not to kill the guy he's fighting
Sure.
He was only trying to kill Bucky, not Cap.
Cap was only trying to stop Tony from killing Bucky, not kill Tony.
>>
>>69333485
Steve is experienced enough to know that Spidey was fast enough to dodge the bridge.
What Steve didn't know was that Spidey would be actually strong enough to just hold the bridge.
>>
>>69330640
Remember the suit fixing later that fight? Tony stuck in the suit and have to wait for quite a bit before he fixed the suit and get out.
>>
So was anyone else impressed by the amount of damage done to the heroes? Yeah, I know they'll be back in working order next time but in comparison to a normal person, or even just enhanced, they took a shot ton of punishment that half won't be walking off for quite a while.

Rhodes is crippled
Spider-Man likely has cracked ribs
Ant man probably has a concussion and slightly sickened from tonys suit suppressants
Wanda is probably a little deaf
Bucky needs a new arm and probably had to get a world class surgeon to fix his face after meeting a jet powered metal boot
Cap is likely going to be shitting and pissing blood for weeks after taking a bunch of blasts and metal punches to the gut, probably some new teeth after that surprise hook while he was down
Tony has a broken arm and a shattered ego.

In capeshit it's nothing, but it's still the most damage we've seen them take in any movie really.
>>
Why doesn't Tony use CS gas?
Also why doesn't he use sonic weapons?

I highly doubt Cap or Bucky would be capable of fighting if they can't breath or they're so overwhelmed by the noise that they can't even think.

Or both at the same time, plus a smoke bomb to cut out both their senses and their breaths.

For someone who's a hero he sure lacks nonlethal options.
>>
>>69325451
Not accurate at all if Tony can take direct hits from Thor's Hammer and Hulk's fists and walk it off.
>>
>>69334523
>I highly doubt Cap or Bucky would be capable of fighting if they can't breath
Like the first 5 minutes of this movie?
>>
"Did anyone see that really old movie 'The Empire Strikes Back?'"
>>
File: Iron Man Wrecked.jpg (155 KB, 640x972) Image search: [Google]
Iron Man Wrecked.jpg
155 KB, 640x972
>>69325451
>>69325451

nearly? fucking movies man
i'm all team cap and even i know iron man would wreck them solely because his fucking suits makes him so much more powerful then his organic counter part (bucky & cap)

the one thing that pissed me off was them portraying iron man powerful enough to keep up with hulk and thor which is total bullshit
anybody who read the comics would know that the hulk buster barely held for 5 mins against hulk and iron man isn't even a challange for Thor

Enough said

imgur //gallery/EtDwU
>>
As for as the MCU goes? Very.
>>
>>69334855
what was so triggering about this line
>>
>>69327527
>More likely it's that the writers simply aren't consistent enough.

It's this. You can argue all day about it, but it is this.

It is strong when it needs to be, and weakened when it needs to be. That's all there is to it.
>>
File: paola.jpg (413 KB, 1080x1120) Image search: [Google]
paola.jpg
413 KB, 1080x1120
Am I in /co/?
>>
>>69332451
Cam rips have gone too far
>>
>>69326681
>Seasoned enchanced veteren that fought hundreds for battles against a kid who had his powers for 6 months

America had a huge advantage on experience alone. Also Spiderman still put on a good show and they even addressed his super strenght, that is mostly forgotten for some reason
>>
>>69333328
>>69332451

THIS is a fucking camrip? It looks almost like a low bitrate bluray rip,
>>
>>69336187
Telecine. Copy of the film print basically
>>
Black Panther and Spiderman were the best parts of the movie, discuss
>>
>>69336187
>>69336030
It's 2016, we're one fucking around.
>>
>>69336241
Done*, as well.
>>
>>69327847
>Spider-Man suit has built-in wink function
insulting t b h
>>
>>69327847
He's read the plot.
>>
>>69334540
Please, Thor was crushing the Iron Man suit by grabbing it too hard. The suit gets damaged from Thor's fingers, not even real punches.
>>
>>69326681
Spider-Man up until that point had only fought against handbag thieves and litterers
Cap has been in multiple fights against people with multiple skillsets

Sure, Spiderman may be stronger, but he doesn't know it yet
>>
>>69327722
Isn't the extremis armour the one that comes out of his skin?
>>
>>69335848
>muh hulkbuster is supposed to fail
>muh mcu iron man goes toe to toe with thor
MCU Thor kicks MCU Iron Man's ass anon, watch a movie sometime.
>>
File: 1452648706548.jpg (39 KB, 472x645) Image search: [Google]
1452648706548.jpg
39 KB, 472x645
>>69336020
>dat pic
>>
>>69336306
the whole lens thing is to help him focus. He explained why he wore goggles to Tony and Tony took it to the next level when he made him a new suit
>>
>>69334855
>Peter is 16
>the movie is nearly 40 years old

What did you want him to say? That "new" movie?
>>
>>69325451
Fuck is wrong with you guys? He chose agility, offense and the ability to don the suits with ease over defense
>>
>>69336476
>He could of said You know that scene in Empire Strikes Back?
>>
>he nerfed his suit so it's easier to put on
This is said nowherein the movies, so who says that making it easier to put also makes it weaker? Who says it's not just an upgrade from the earlier models and no strength is lost? You guys must really love marvel if you go this far into defending plot holes.
>>
>>69325451
This version of tony is just too powerfull to cap to fight 1x1 without writers handcapp Iron man somehow.

>Before the fight Iron man's armor was already damaged.
>Couldn't fly or use the armor aim system to shoot the missils
>Had to fight against two super soldiers at the same time.
>Beats bucky pretty easily
>Go full sharingan against cap and beat the crap out of him.
>Only lost because writers made him get distracted by bucky holding his leg so cap could attack him from behind.
>>
>>69338794
Tony didn't want to kill Cap, he wanted to stop Cap from fighting so he could kill Bucky
>>
>>69334220
No he's a murder.
>>
>>69336020

I dont do damaged goods
>>
>>69335848
>the one thing that pissed me off was them portraying iron man powerful enough to keep up with hulk and thor which is total bullshit
anybody who read the comics would know that the hulk buster barely held for 5 mins against hulk and iron man isn't even a challange for Thor

To be fair,as far as i remember this version of thor that you are showing already have the Odinforce which is pretty much a super sayan mode.MCU thor doesn't have odinforce(yet?) so it kind of make sense that he would not simply overkill iron man.
>>
>>69338874
Yeah i know and that is how cap was able to damage Iron man's armor before the fight starts.

Tony was too distracted trying to reach Bucky and trying to not fight cap and he ended up losing a good chunk of his powers in the process.
>>
>>69328200
>>69328846
Excuse me for being a normie, but I always thought that Cap's shield was adamantium
>>
File: 1445051304252.gif (3 MB, 346x195) Image search: [Google]
1445051304252.gif
3 MB, 346x195
>>69341335
I'm with you. Also, with all the money Tony has why doesn't he have a Adamantium or Vibratortanium suit?

glad this scene was in the movie too
>>
>>69341335
I have been under the impression vibranium was the MCU stand-in for adamantium.
>>
>>69331322
Someone should congratulate that tank crew, is nearly impossible to hit something that moves as fast as a jet while maneuvering with a tank shell. Remind me to never laught at sandniggers again.
>>
>People still forget his armor was hit in the airport fight
>People still forget he was getting hit by superstrong dudes with vibranium arm and vibranium shield respectively
>Tons of time, repeatedly getting hit

I can survive being punched by a guy in the chest, I can't survive being stabbed with a tiny needle 100 times in the chest. Just because you can endure one hard hit once doesn't mean you can endure infinite smaller ones.
>>
>>69332811
This. They look way slimmer. Iron Man 3 even shows the Mark 42, his first portable, modular armor, is pretty frail comparatively speaking. Ignoring the Hulkbuster, the Mark 7 (Avengers main suit) is likely the pinnacle of his "all-out offense" design, but that thing comes in a massive coffin.
>>
>ITT: We ignore the fatigue property of materials
>>
>>69342282
WAS that the same suit? The one in the plane for the final fight scene was in that helo. It was a pretty cool suit starting from the finger
>>
>>69342419
Mark 46 is the only armor he used in civil war
>>
>>69341765
>>69341829
as far as i remember, vibranium is some kind of adamantium alloy or something like that. it's either that or it's a substitute/stand-in for adamantium in the MCU.

regardless, vibranium has the same property of being pretty much indestructible by physical force alone.
>>
>>69333328
Where did you get this copy?
>>
File: rip human torch.jpg (472 KB, 1600x1253) Image search: [Google]
rip human torch.jpg
472 KB, 1600x1253
>>69325451
Not accurate enough.
>>
>>69326549
Cap's shield is stronger than Tony's armour.
>>
File: pottery.jpg (119 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
pottery.jpg
119 KB, 1366x768
>>69327755
>IMPRESSIVE!

bravo Russo
>>
File: 1304663510910.jpg (169 KB, 550x441) Image search: [Google]
1304663510910.jpg
169 KB, 550x441
>>69343855
I didn't know his arm was completely robotic until the end. I figured it was just enhanced with that metal shit. Some russians/or whoever had the tech and ability to create a robotic arm in the 60's(?) that seems to be more advanced than Ironmans suit of the 00's?
>>
>>69344158
Hydra, also we only know that in the 90s he had the current metal arm, maybe the earlier versions were shitty as fuck.
>>
>>69341335
>>69341765
Vibranium and adamantium are two different supermetals that coexist in the Marvel universe. If I remember correctly Vibranium was slightly stronger, but Adamantium could be forged into better weapons for some reason. Don't quote me on that, though.
>>
>>69344201
true, it was hard to tell from the cam rip but it looked the same in that recording that cap/tony saw...you know the one
>>
>>69328100
>Cap is the peak of what humans can be
No in the MCU. In the MCU he's not peak human, he's a superhuman. No peak human could ever do the things Cap does.
>>
>>69344362
>No peak human could ever do the things Cap does.
How do you know? you know what peak human means? means the upper limit of human capacity, and we didn't see that yet. Every year athletes break records, every year athletes become faster and stronger, Cap would still be above them because they didn't reach the human limit yet, if we had infinite time then we'd see the limit.

But then again comics misuse peak human, they say Batman is peak human, and that's a lie.
>>
>>69344439
Caps muscles don't build up the poisons in his muscles that make them fatigued. He can go above the human peak because humans produce that toxin in their muscles that make them fatigue.

It's why Wolverine is strong as fuck because he can literally fight forever and his muscles never fatigue. Same with Cap. He is in a weird sub superhuman strength that varies depending on who he is fighting.
>>
>>69344228
My understanding of the two is that Adamantium is the strongest metal but Vibranium can absorb vibrations or energy or something like that
>>
>>69344228
Other way around.

Adamantium is virtually indestructible and vibranium is used for a wide assortment of weapons.
>>
>>69344975
Adamantium is a reverse engineered Vibranium. Adamantium can be manufactured and is easy to mold to any shape you want. But if Caps shield was hit by a Adamantium sword or claws nothing would happen to it. He could possibly cut through adamantium with his shield if he wanted to.
>>
Adamantium is an artificial iron-based alloy
Vibranium is naturally ocurring meteoritic metal of extrasolar origins with energy absorbing properties

They're both nearly indestructible
>>
>>69345257
I forgot, Adamantium is more dense and therefore "heavier", Vibranium is more "light" compared to other metals.
>>
>>69345063
>and is easy to mold to any shape you want
Except it's extremely difficult and has been stated several times. That and the fact that there's not a lot of it makes it the rarest metal on earth.
>>
>>69345311
Easier than Vibranium, Caps shield was created by accident. It might be the largest casted piece of Vibranium in the whole Marvel Universe. Even Black Panther has small pieces of Vibraniun as his claws and thin filaments in his armor.

They were able to pour adamantium over Wolverines skeleton. Hence my reason for easier to mold, you couldn't do that with Vibranium.
>>
>>69345376
Nobody gives a shit about the comics here. MCU has Ultron with a body made of Vibranium.
>>
>>69345432
If Ultron had a body made of Vibranium why did he wanted Vision body that was made of Vibranium?
>>
>>69336411
in the comics yeah. in the movies it was just him being able to call the suit to him and now it's just a highly light armor
>>
>>69345509
Which is also powered by the Mind Gem. Ultron wanted to be an evolved human. Better than a machine or human.

It's also alluded to in the first part of the movie with the korean scientist when she mentioned that her tech is the next big thing and Tony agreeing.
>>
>>69345432
Obvious plothole, MCU refuses to acknowledge adamantium because its used by Fox for X-Men. Its clear his body is made of adamantium because Caps shield damages his "vibranium" body.
>>
>>69341765
Pretty sure it only exists in Wakanda, so Black Panther has all that shit on lockdown.
>>
>>69345599
I can't wait to watch the adventures of her teenage son and the Greek demigod of booze and parties.
>>
>>69345612
>Caps shield damages his "vibranium" body

I don't remember this. What scene was this in? I remember Tony, Thor and Vision bukkake'd his face. Shit now that I think about it, Wanda fucking rips his body apart right after that scene.
>>
>>69327267
wat gaem?
>>
File: Cap's_Shield_Ultron_damaged.jpg (988 KB, 2159x898) Image search: [Google]
Cap's_Shield_Ultron_damaged.jpg
988 KB, 2159x898
>>69345748
When they were fighting in South Korea on top of a trailer that had vision's body.
>>
>>69345748
To be fair if there's anybody in the current MCU that could destroy vibranium it'd be scarlet witch. She has a stupidly high maximum power level and you could argue that she reached it for a bit when her brother died.
>>69345805
I'm pretty sure that's not a vibranium body at all.
>>
>>69327267
>Tony should have used Hulkbuster against his friends
It was a capture mission not a just fuck their shit up mission

If they wanted to kill them the should have nuked the airport, this way you assure the kill
>>
>>69345805
This is before his upgrade. His vibranium body first appeared when he wasted a perfectly good body by making a show for Scar Widow later.
>>
File: giant man.webm (1 MB, 720x320) Image search: [Google]
giant man.webm
1 MB, 720x320
>thief who drives around in a van trying to pay child support >Vision, Iron-man, Warmachine, Spider-man and Black Widow
>>
>>69341335
Cap's shield is a mixture of the two. It's able to negate kinetic energy like Vibranium while still having the indestructible quality of Adamantium.
>>
File: dongd.png (1 MB, 1280x832) Image search: [Google]
dongd.png
1 MB, 1280x832
>>69336020
hnnggg
>>
>>69333129
And scarlet witch could literally make anyone do what she wanted in the comics.

She's the most off
>>
File: captainamericaohotmu.jpg (308 KB, 901x1376) Image search: [Google]
captainamericaohotmu.jpg
308 KB, 901x1376
>>
>>69346680
>while still having the indestructible quality of Adamantium.
Both are nearly indestructible almost to the same digit I don't understand why you have to mixture them
>>
>>69346910
Captain America's shield: vibranium + steel + unknown catalyst

Wolverine's bones: adamantium, a failed attempt at duplicating the metal that makes up Captain America's shield

On a durability scale:
shield: 11
adamantium: 5
regular steel: 0.01
>>
>>69346649
If he's better why did he lose?
>>
>>69346970
So Cap's shield doesn't have adamantium...
>>
>>69347007
because they also had Black Panther idiot
>>
>>69347050
Correct.

Captain America's only weapon is his shield, a concave disk 2.5 feet in diameter, weighing 12 pounds. It is made of a unique Vibranium-steel alloy that has never been duplicated. The Shield was cast by American metallurgist Dr. Myron MacLain, who was contracted by the U.S. government to create an impenetrable substance to use for tanks during World War II. During his experiments, MacLain combined Vibranium with a steel alloy he was working with and created the disc-shaped shield. MacLain was never able to duplicate the process due to his inability to identify a still unknown factor that played a role in it. The shield was awarded to Captain America by the government several months after the beginning of his career.

The shield has great aerodynamic properties: it is able to slice through the air with minimal wind resistance and deflection of path. Its great overall resilience, combined with its natural concentric stiffness, enables it to rebound from objects with minimal loss of angular momentum. It is, pretty much, virtually indestructible: it is resistant to penetration, temperature extremes, and the entire electromagnetic spectrum of radiation. The only way it can be damaged in any way is by tampering with its molecular bonding.

The shield is not only nearly indestructible, but it absorbs a great deal of kinetic energy from impacts because of its Vibranium component. That is why the Hulk and Thor can pound it while Cap is holding it, without simply sending him into the ground or the air. Cap has also used the shield to cushion the force of impact when dropped from a high altitude by standing on the shield.

Later, Dr. MacLain's attempts to duplicate the shield, minus Wakandan Vibranium and the mystery factor, resulted in true Adamantium. Because of this historical link, the unknown substance composing the shield is sometimes referred to as "proto-adamantium".
>>
>>69336020
You have an metal leg? that is awesome, girl!
>>
File: 1460186977780.jpg (37 KB, 379x503) Image search: [Google]
1460186977780.jpg
37 KB, 379x503
>>69344667

>humans produce that toxin in their muscles that make them fatigue.

Need a source on that senpai
>>
>>69343058
Vibranium is stronger than whatever IM uses - sure.

But, just because I have a titanium knife doesn't automatically mean I can throw it through a gold brick.
>>
>>69347585
Lactic acid.
>>
>>69347585
It's called lactic acid. It's broken down by oxygen. Athleticism is your bodies ability to minimize lactic acid and it's affect on you while maximizing your bodies oxygen efficiency per intake.
>>
>>69330762

Does he ever state:

"the self flying suits are 50% or less armoured than previous iterations".

Why good is a self flying suit if it can no longer hold up against the common threats that he might need it for. They've escaped from common military grade weapons that just bounce off to the time he tussled with thor and other aliens. Why go backwards in defense when you've seen the level of shit that can be put out. Sure you might not make a anti-hulk suit because his power is also as the plot demands/maximum.
>>
It makes no sense how Iron Man lost that fight other than plot.
>>
So now that TChalla is bff with the Avengers what stops Hawkeye from having a vibranium bow, string and arrows, Iron man from having a vibranium armor, Cap from having vibranium combat gear, etc?
>>
>>69336020
AND THEY RUN WHEN THE SUN COMES UP
>>
>>69348196
>Damaged suit + two super beings with vibranium parts constantly beating him
Also, did you see the other two guys? sure, Cap "won" but Bucky was shit and Cap wasn't better.

And he was wining till Bucky distracted him and Cap broke his arc core.
>>
>>69348385
>>Damaged suit + two super beings with vibranium parts constantly beating him
One punch from the suit should knock either of them out.

was bullshit
>>
>>69348417
Why? show me where the Iron man suit in MCU has more way strenght than Cap, for example.

In IM1 he lifts, with difficulty, a car, but Cap has similar level of strength (held a car from falling in AoU till the car defense broke).
>>
>>69334086
Why didn't he use them on bucky then? Or just shoot a couple darts into caps legs and arms and put him in the hospital for a few days.
>>
>>69348566
Cap also holds a helicopter, which approximately 2 tons of lifting force, from taking off. This is not like Iron man from comics who can lift tanks and shit.
>>
>>69348640
>>69348566
This, the feats of strength of both characters are similar, nothing makes me believe a punch from Tony should knock Steve out.
>>
>>69348385
like >>69338794 said Iron man was severely handicapped before the fight even started.

There is no way Bucky or even Cap could defeat a fully functional iron man.

He couldn't fly,shoot missiles and he already have used the overpowered hand lasers to block captain america path when he was trying to chase Bucky. Also tony stark was already considerably hurt because of the previous events while both cap and bucky are super soldiers and the healing factor is faster.

When the fight finally started it was an almost 100% cap and 100% bucky vs an damaged iron man with limited weaponry.And he still BTFO both of them individually and only lost because of that distraction in the end.
>>
>>69348566
>In IM1 he lifts, with difficulty, a car..

You mean on that scene where his suit was suffering from lack of energy source and even jarvis adresses that?
>>
>>69348847
Yet people still say Tony should have win that battle (the last one) easily because he's Iron man.
>>
>>69341765
how did antman just negate all of that momentum?

that show must be some serious smdh
>>
Why cant i have superpowers or do anything cool

Well at least i have my intellect and class
>>
>>69347007

He didn't exactly lost the fight.

He can't keep up this form for so much long, after Spidey attack he kind of passed out.

Ant-man and pym particles are stronger than people give him credits for, thats the whole joke of his character. Either because he has a stupid name, or because Hank Pym decided to go solo and let his technology die out in obscurity in the MCU.

Howard Stark wanted to recreate the particles for a reason.
>>
>>69336476
>You guys ever see Empire Strikes Back?
>>
>>69326549
Invincible people fighting each other is boring.

And tonys suit was stupidly overpowered in the earlier movies anyway
>>
>>69336476
Not him but is not like knowing star wars is something exclusive for older nerds.

Even casuals these days either know or already watched on the internet.There was no reason besides implying that "younger people don't know star wars properly" or "making Tony feel old" to say "You guys know that old movie...."
>>
>>69349076
>momentum
Knowing his mass was literally nothing, the momentum was literally nothing.
>>
>>69336476
Does The Force Awakens exist in the MCU?
>>
File: 1462379158550.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1462379158550.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>69347585
>he doesn't even know about lactic acid
>>
>>69349808
He can change his mass? Where does it go exactly?
>>
>>69350018
Pym Particles, he can change size, mass and density
>>
>>69350018
>He can change his mass?
No, Hawkeye is literally super human because he can lift a 90 kg dude with two fingers

Sarcasm
>>
>>69350082
get that shit in airplanes, airfare is too much
>>
>>69350018
The excuse for his size is that the suit make the distance of the atoms smaller.What doesn't make any sense is that his mass is still the same but compressed in a smaller space.Which means that if he weights let say 80kg when he climbs someone's gun or is walking some very small and delicate surface,this surface is now carrying extra 85kg.Thus,some of the scenes in the ant man movie don't make any sense.
>>
>>69350182
Not really, movie doesn't explain it, but in comics Pym Particles allow you to control your size, mass and density.
>>
>>69350308
I'm aware that in comics we have a better explanation but as far as MCU goes shortening the distance between atoms is all we got.
>>
File: 1461502209909s.jpg (6 KB, 176x250) Image search: [Google]
1461502209909s.jpg
6 KB, 176x250
>>69350407
maybe Edgar Wright would have kept the mass? In one of the first scenes with the suit, ant-man breaks the floor tile when he jumps out of the bathtub.
>>
>>69338794
No shit faggot, he's wearing a flying tank suit.
>>
>>69344362
It's like you had to purposefully ignore my post to write what you did. Read it again and try responding to specific things I said instead of stopping at "peak human" and making your own argument unrelated to my own.

Also that's not a real motorcycle, and what do 3 women from the 40s weigh? Like 100 pounds each?

Look negro, there's Hawkeye and Black Widow "peak human" and there's Captain America "peak human." Cap is the peak of human potential, jesus read my points about being better than Olympians when he was made and when he was defrosted.
>>
>>69345612
>obvious plothole
is this what autism looks like?
>>
>>69348203
So now that the U.S. is bff with Japan what stops South Korea from having nuclear weapons?
This is your logic. You don't just hand out your special technology because you know someone.
>>
>>69350794
I remember that, then later on he didn't have as much "omf" when he hit objects while being thrown as a small version.

Was hard to keep up what was within his "powerlevel" so to say, or what was limitations.
>>
>>69325451
>How accurate is it for Tony to nearly defeat Cap and Bucky 1v2?

It is accurate, if the writers decides to spin the story that way,

Like everything else in comics, Tony's armour and repulsors are at different strength depending on the story needs, same for Cap's shield, WS's magic arm of doom or any other super power or equipment.
>>
File: back to formula.png (513 KB, 582x383) Image search: [Google]
back to formula.png
513 KB, 582x383
>>69350018
>>69350127
>>69350182
I already wrote this for another thread so I'm just gonna paste it here.

If you use the examples of growing and shrinking in the movie Ant-Man you can get some pretty consistent rules I'm gonna lay out because autism. na;dr version is the suit is where the strength comes from, otherwise shrunken objects lose their weight.

With no fancy suit on, the red pym particles shrink the size and mass of objects. Examples include the tank keychain and Cross picking up the shrunken lamb in a science crate. I guess carrying the tanker in Civil War too.

With no fancy suit on, the blue pym particles undo the effects of the red particles. For now just think of them as making shrunken objects normal again.

Now if you go big, grow in size with the blue particles then you also get proportional increase in mass. Otherwise the Thomas train and dog sized ant would blow away with their mass to surface area ratios. It seems like the ant increases it's strength proportionately at dog size.

The suit itself is more than an integrated particle reserve and oxygen supply, it's got regulators and other electronics wired in it. The suit was what let's Ant-Man be strong when he's tiny, the suit preserves some part of his mass but only in that it relates to his acceleration. That explains both his strength and how he's light enough to ride an ant but will also how if he falls far enough he'll dent a cab roof. The suit keeps his biology working somehow.

But you can't just tell all that to the audience, so they say he punches like a bullet because people understand bullets are small and strong. The rule of thumb is small is light and big is heavy. Anytime that deviates, blame the suit.
>>
>>69350018
I figured the mass displacement went into another universe or something. In current theory smashing atoms together closer makes things heavier and mass does not disappear it has to go somewhere...either energy expulsion or .....(?)
>>
>>69353821
>na;dr
>na

Not autism? Because if so - brilliant post, made me lol.
>>
>>69354169
"not autistic," but yeah
>>
>>69336591
And the joke still would have worked with Rhodey's, "Jesus, Tony, how old is this kid?"
>>
>>69336591
>could of

kill thy self wretched scum
>>
>>69330762
maybe when he's fighting superhumans he should use the suit that's hard to put on, since it actually protects him and stuff
>>
>>69344362
"peak human" always meant superhuman, dipshit
the whole point is to imply that humans secretly have the potential to be superhuman
>>
File: namor vs iron man.jpg (3 MB, 3979x1528) Image search: [Google]
namor vs iron man.jpg
3 MB, 3979x1528
>civil war
>no namor beating the fuck out of tony for running his mouth
>no eternals treating tony like the child he is
>tony doesn't create a crazy robo-thor to kill giant man
>hulk probably launched into space
>cap's "no you move" line given to fucking peggy carter
>spiderman doesn't kick reed in the neck
0/10
Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.