[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was one of the weirdest movies i've ever seen simply
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: joqauin.jpg (82 KB, 1242x671) Image search: [Google]
joqauin.jpg
82 KB, 1242x671
This was one of the weirdest movies i've ever seen simply because of Joaquin's performance. I've never seen an actor so completely different than their selves. I would absolutely love to know how he prepared for this role. He fully justed himself. He still sounds like himself but he looks totally different. Its a pretty amazing performance.
>>
Some of the best acting I've seen and I can appreciate hoe good the movie was in an objective sense, but there was no emotional connection to anything, no one to relate to. You were just watching a series of exchanges between people you don't care about, albeit structured and performed wonderfully.
>>
>>69319871
thats just like, your opinion man
>>
>>69319930
Obviously. Who did you care about?
>>
>>69319930
agreed I thought Juqauin's character was actually relatable, but then again I've been to rehab
>>
>>69319653

Best performance of the decade.
>>
>>69319951
i-i-i-i-if you already know the answer to your question than why ask, PIG FUCK
>>
>>69319951

I can't help but find Freddie endearing. He's a wild animal, clearly has more than a few screws loose, but there's so much pain beneath the surface that you only catch glimpses of.
>>
IF YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS THEN WHY DO YOU ASK? PIGFUCK.
>>
>>69319653
Joaquin Phoenix probably started drinking twice more turpentine than he usually drinks so he probably drank 12 pints a day in preparation for this role.
>>
>>69319978
same here

I can totally relate to the desperation to just fine something to believe in and go with it
>>
>>69320038
>>
>>69320123
I wonder how he prepared for his role in Inherent Vice.

Maybe he observed mentally challenged people attempting to speak and tried to mimic the way they talk.
>>
>>69319871
I think you can actually relate with both main characters, like who hasn't thought that what makes us human is denying our instinct, or that you can't actually change your true nature and you should just satisfy your instincts, and those 2 visions are what I got from each character
>>
>>69320253
Or he blazed it everyday
>>
I need to rewatch this but I don't want to. It's just too crude.
>>
>>69320289
Maybe but that still doesn't explain why he is completely unintelligible in that movie.
>>
>>69320415
Normal Joaquin + weed = Doc
>>
>>69319951
Why do people need to like people in movies? This is the most common complaint I see plebs have about good movies.
>>
File: Theodore.jpg (104 KB, 583x727) Image search: [Google]
Theodore.jpg
104 KB, 583x727
>>69320446
Then what is the equation for Theodore Twombly?
>>
>>69320545
That's just Joaquin's /mu/ phase
>>
Joaquin Phoenix may be my favorite actor working today
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.