[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did /tv/ think of this scene?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 13
File: 1462841457645.webm (2 MB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
1462841457645.webm
2 MB, 1280x718
What did /tv/ think of this scene?
>>
>>69319646
Pretty good
>>
File: Garbage.jpg (771 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Garbage.jpg
771 KB, 1600x1200
>>
>>69319646
>I'll try spinning

will directors ever learn?
>>
>Dawn, fucking Dawn, is literally a regular sword with a star painted on it

sweet jesus
>>
>>69319646

Brilliant choreography. It reminds me of early 90s Jackie Chan.
>>
It was Xtreme to the Max. Do the Dew, bitches!
>>
>>69319646
Holy shit, is this how badly Game of Thrones has fallen?

I knew I was right to drop this show years ago.
>>
>>69319646
Dual wielding beating Single Sword and Shield is stupid especially since he was against more than 4 people
>>
>>69319676
It's well coreographed. Everyone attacking him at the same time rather than one by one like it usually goes down in sword fights on screen. I'm sorry dual wielding triggers your autism so much that you can't enjoy it
>>
>I'll try swinging at his swords, that's a good trick
>>
I think real swords are heavy as fuck and if they're light enough to spin around like that, they're gonna break to a single heavy attack

I think swords don't go SSSSCCCCHHWWWING every time you take them out of a scabbard

but yeah it was nice to see some fun choreography? overall the episode was super boring
>>
>>69319749

It's worse than you could possibly imagine. Nothing makes sense and the dialogue is nothing but severed dick jokes.
>>
>>69319777

>and have the camera fail to capture the swords making contact with him
>>
>animefags
>>
>>69319758
I can give them credit for not just attacking one by one, but it wouldve been less stupid if he was doing this with a single sword, wouldve been more impressive too
>more people? That means I need more weapons to fight them!
Whats more impressive, managing to kill a man with a dagger when he has a huge sword or killing a man with a huge sword whilest wielding 2 huge swords yourself. Its extremely lazy visual story telling. Hes better because he has 2 swords! Instead of actually being better at swordplay he just has 2 of them.
>>
>>69319749
my thoughts exactly
>>
>>69320047
Fuck off you dumb retard. How about opening a book for once?
>>
>>69320047
actual swordfighting with heavy armor was more like wrestling, you were grabbing the other motherfucker and trying to prevent him from sticking the short sword into the cracks in your armor

they had to do this because just whacking the guy was a complete waste of time and youd run out of breath in 1 minute
>>
>>69320047
Oh youre an idiot, nevermind.
>>
Pure shit.

Dawn is a greatsword.
>>
>>69319853
real swords were/are not heavy as fuck
a standard arming sword typically weighs between 1 and 2kg.
>>
>>69320011
Fair enough. I enjoyed the fight still
>>
>>69319758
>you don't like dual wielding???
>what!
>well...you must be autistic
>>
Technically the choreography wasn't that bad at all. The direction and context are the bad parts.
>>
>>69319758
>>69320047
b8
>>
>>69320186
It was schlock, theres nothing wrong with enjoying it as long as its seen for what it is, cant help but feel it couldve been better if he was doing that whirly bird shit with one sword and managing to take on multiple people. Wouldve been even more impressive. They took the easy route for "hes good with a sword" by just making him use two, instead of just making him good with a sword.
>>
I thought it's going to be awful, but it wasn't really that bad. There were some silly moves and the fucking dialog was horrible
>>
Sooooo, /best fight scenes/ general?

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr6VrmOQY1M
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27M5KWI_q50
>>
I'm just bummed I didn't get to see Dawn...but overall I enjoyed it.
>>
File: tumblr_n5273gcRUI1qa5wzyo1_500.jpg (60 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5273gcRUI1qa5wzyo1_500.jpg
60 KB, 500x375
Why didn't the cast young Sean Bean as Ned in the flashback?
>>
>>69319646
At least it wasn't shakeycam.
>>
made me think of miyamoto musashi
>>
>purposefully ends without revealing new information
Eh, it was okay. I disliked a few things about it but it wasn't a bad scene.
>>
>>69319646

It was a good fight scene. Sure it would have been nice if he wielded Dawn instead, and if Hightower was there. However, I don't think they would have been able to convey Dayne's ridiculously hyped skills had they done that.

Sure, book readers would have known, and would have ate a 1:1 scene up. But Dayne, counting all the times he was mentioned, and now screen time, has less than five minutes in GoT. No way you are going to make him look impressive simply with Dawn unless he was Gregor size, and Loras fast.
>>
Incredible desu
>>
should've given him a shorter sword in his off hand. would've looked less awkward and clumsy, which is exactly what trying to dual wield two long ass swords would be
>>
>>69320434
No.

Skill isn't speed or strength.

Think more of it like aikido with swords.

>inb4 muh fat and hairy
>>
File: Gorn of Thrones.gif (495 KB, 500x238) Image search: [Google]
Gorn of Thrones.gif
495 KB, 500x238
>>69319646
Why did they put the tower on Vasquez rock?
>>
>>69320047
[citation needed]
>>
File: 1407195559869.gif (2 MB, 652x493) Image search: [Google]
1407195559869.gif
2 MB, 652x493
Handsome Arthur
>>
Should have used a great sword.
>>
>>69319646
They literally can just all go for the neck at once. Looks stupid.
>>
>>69320434
Have him managing to precisely deflect every blow thrown at him and putting people off balance whilest he remains sure footed the entire time, calm and unphased whilest the others are tired and tripping. Use visuals to show that hes good. This show is aimed at the lowest common denominator now, and wouldnt catch what any of this shit means, they did this the only way they really could with teh time given, as you said
>>
>>69319899

>tfw there has been a dick joke every episode this season so far

When will it end?
>>
>>69319646
>le-edgy-drizzt-do-urden-double-wield
>choregraphy footing looks fake as fuck
>almost expect dayne to dash forward like an anime character
>supposedly-trained enemies don't stab, they just slash randomly, against a guy wearing plate
>various moments when dayne ignores a hit from the back, gets visibly hit, yet nothing happen because all they do is fucking slash
>>
Yeah did anyone else catch that fart as that one old dude realized Ser Robert Strong was listening to him? It was at the council with the hand scene
>>
File: got.png (870 KB, 1564x1161) Image search: [Google]
got.png
870 KB, 1564x1161
2 SWORD DABID!!
>>
>>69320624
Even simpler, they can just tackle him into the ground. You don't score lethal hits when you dual wield, there is no weight, no strength in your blades. You don't kill a man with a sword by slashing around anything else than the throat. You penetrate vital organs, deeply, by stabbing them. If they all jumped on him at once, with knives pulled, the worst they'd get is a scratch.
>>
>>69320762
my fucking sides
>>
>>69320434
No, it wasn't. This was a good fight scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwRix1p9sDY

The Tower of Joy battle was a nonsensical mess. How has the quality of the show gone so far downhill since when it started?
>>
>>69319646

He needs both swords to keep a safe distance
>>
>>69320762
>He unsheathed dawn and stuck it into the ground in front of him. It's blade was the same as everyone else, and someone had painted a star on the pommel

can someone please post the show's Dawn? I though it was so fucking hilarious
>>
>>69319646
looks dope, where can i watch this anime ?
>>
File: peasant fucking shits.jpg (140 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
peasant fucking shits.jpg
140 KB, 600x375
Well I think for a well trained swordsman to realistically survive that fight, he had to rely more on his armour than his fencing skills.

You use your sword to try to keep them at a reasonable distance, instead of fencing with them. A hit to your arm or back does not matter when it's covered in a thin slab of steel. The real danger comes from one of them tackling you into the ground. Then the fight is immediatly over, and you die.

Keep your distance, take some hits, and wait for a little opportunity to pick one of them off. Rinse and repeat.

But Dayne wasn't depicted in a full suit of plate armour though, so whatever...

Sincerly somebody who has no real clue on medieval swordfighting

I think the fight was well choreographed, considering how difficult and stupid dual welding two longswords is.
>>
>HE UNSHEATED DAWN AND HELD IT WITH BOTH HANDS.

Fuck D&D. Just fuck'em.
>>
>>69319705
>made from a fucking star
>>
>from 0:10 to 0:14, Ned just spazzes out randomly a meter away from Dayne
>>
HAHAHA
I dropped this show last season as I thought it had jumped the shark after bad poosi and that never ending story shot of Dany on the Dragon kek. This is literally Starwars prequels tier. I will wait for the inevitable lightsaber edit.
>>
>that hilarity with Ned flailing around just outside of the battle like a retard

Dual swords is stupid, but it could have been more abidable without that bit of hilarity.
>>
>>69320762
>no "nailed it!"
>>
Half Sword + Longsword >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2 Handed Broadsword > Sword + Shield > 2H Longsword > Rapier >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dagger/Small weapon > Katana and other japanese memes
Prove me wrong
>>
>>69319758
please tell me this is bait.
>>
The scene was stupid.
Two swords were stupid.
All that unnecessary spinning was stupid.
>>
Looks like it could've been better if he'd had a huge greatsword like the mountain, but fought much more gracefully.
>>
>>69321200
You are just forgeting one thing.

>Ser Arthur Dayne, the sword of the morning

>DAWN

I was already kinda pissed with where the show was heading, but still stuck around for this epic moments.

They fucked it, fucked it.

They killed Barristan Selmy like that and now this.
>>
>>69319646

so fucking based
>>
>>69321200
Where does a Halberd fit into this?
>>
File: reddit got.png (314 KB, 848x438) Image search: [Google]
reddit got.png
314 KB, 848x438
are they right?
>>
File: Jorah.png (769 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Jorah.png
769 KB, 1366x768
Jorah vs. horsefucker is best fight.
Because Jorah had aaaarmer and used it.
>>
>>69321343
into the "actual warfare weapon" category, not the "For Dueling/show" category that anon was talking about
>>
>>69321350
>puke
>>
File: 1462381948146.png (291 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
1462381948146.png
291 KB, 600x512
>>69319646
>>
>>69321343
Into overpowered for a sword fight
>>
>>69319749
It is GOAT now.
>>
File: 1462821325843.png (1 MB, 1188x1386) Image search: [Google]
1462821325843.png
1 MB, 1188x1386
>>69320762
wew
>>
>>69320125
Considering i was a successful high school and college wrestler, that sounds pretty rad
>>
>>69320120
someone's butthurt
>>
File: 1361351115107.jpg (100 KB, 453x352) Image search: [Google]
1361351115107.jpg
100 KB, 453x352
>>69321350
>>
Dagger and sword would have being ideal. Has dual wielding ever been a thing other than in games and movies?
>>
It wasnt a thing. This is two HEMA experts talking about dual wielding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc8akxwI56s
>>
>>69321371
why the fuck he has a complete armor but does not wear a helmet.

why the fuck horse fucker attacks to the the chest while his head is so vulnerable. did he expect to cut through that armor or something.

that scene makes no sense
>>
>>69321622

In duels yes, never in real combat.
>>
>>69321671

He expected to fishhook the tip of the blade between the exposed joints and gut his ass, but instead he got himself caught.
>>
The two swords represent two hack writers destroying the series

Six men = sixth season
>>
>>69319646
>Dawn was supposed to be Pale as milkglass, alive with light
>in the show its just a regular valyrian shortsword
>Handle design of both swords makes it look really uncomfortable to twirl for dual wielding

Really losing my patience with D&D, FUCK.
>>
>>69321622
He would have died in 2 seconds if it was real anyways, no matter what weapon, short of pulling a Glock and busting a cap on Ned.
They were heavily outnumbered and out in the open allowed themselves to be surrounded.
If they had used those stairs as a bottleneck, had someone with a heavg shield and the other two with a long weapon like a Halberd, Swordstaff or a Pike they would have killed everything with zero casualties.

But noooo MUB DUEL IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, thats even too retarded even for a universe with dragons and magic.
>>
>>69321671
It's like the unmasked flight helmets in aviation movies, so the audience could tell who is who. Also to see the acting.
>>
>>69321200
>rapier + dagger
>>
every fight on this show ends with the hero on the ground and the last bad guy about to finish him off only to get stabbed from behind
>>
>>69321982
>fighting armored oponents
>face to face
>against a weapon twice as sturdy and able to outparry you in its sleep
>how to die really fast
>>
>>69321967
I don't think you understand who you are talking about.

Read the books.
>>
>>69321452
HAHAHHAHAHA

3:13 AM AND I GUFFAWED INTO MY CUPS OF MEAD
>>
>>69322079
Still got killed by a bunch of normies.
>>
>>69321350
I keep hearing this reddit beign mentioned, but I neve thought it was that bad over there
>>
>>69322184
>Redditors postind reddit shit
Who would have thought
>>
>>69322066
The list already mentions rapiers and daggers and other weapons in combination. Rapier + dagger combo should be on that list.
>>
>>69319646
Literally garbage, if you people actually watch this shit you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>69321671
They're stupid horse niggers
>>
>enemy has 2 swords, no shield
>stand 10m away and shoot him with an arrow/bolt
>>
>>69322252
That's not how combat works.
You can't just keep readjusting your fighting range like some sort of Anime assassins creed character.
You will get smacked in the face the second you fail to parry be because your boundaries are incorrect.

>>69322343
Buh MUH DUEL
>>
>>69322379
Just admit you forgot a historically accurate dueling weapon combo in your list full of dueling weapons and combos and move on. If you're going to list rapiers and daggers there is no reason not to mention the rapier dagger combo.
>>
So, can Bran change the past? Or is the the ink really set?
>>
>>69322379
>people didn't use bows / crossbows
I'm not even sure why you would post something so stupid. American right?
>>
>>69322514
Calling it now. Dude is a straight up Chronomancer and time wizard.
>>
>>69322578
It was a duel between two parties, nobody would have used a crossbow, if they did then they would also have just used real weapons instead of sword gayness.
>>
>>69322578
>>69322578
>American right?
Not even close.
Why ask tho? Are you one of those super salty euros that hate americans for no reason?
>>
>>69322514
I highly doubt it, we will probably see soon his actions already changed the past and they are living in it.
>>
File: Crono_FMV4.jpg (20 KB, 319x166) Image search: [Google]
Crono_FMV4.jpg
20 KB, 319x166
>>69322601
If this is true, Bran has become the best character in the show.
>>
>>69321078
>medieval swordfighting
full armour plate were more common after 1400 and 1500
they were supposed to be vulnerable to warhammers that could punch holes or to thrusting techniques and half swording in an awkward dance, that focused in the small vulnerabilities of the armour
swinging a blade at the armr would just dull the blade and make you lose the fight, a regular soldier with a simple arming sword had no chance, that's why the only reason the armour became obsolete was the adoption of gunpowder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hlIUrd7d1Q

this is one of the reasons I like the first season Jorah fight, he used the armor as he should and exploited the horselord's lack of knowledge about armor
>>
In S4E1, it specifically mentions all three Kings Guard were at the Tower of Joy.

Under Gerold Hightowers entry it says:

>Died in the Red Mountains of Dorne alongside his sworn brothers Ser Arthur Dayne and Ser Oswell Whent after refusing to bend the knee to the new king Robert Baratheon. All were defeated by a small force led by Lord Eddard Stark of Winterfell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBb15PQn-gQ [Embed]

Around the 1 minute mark

3RD KINGS GUARD CONFIRMED
>>
>>69319646
its a world where dragons exist and the scene is a boy looking into a past he wasnt even born into yet....so a guy using two swords in a fight didnt exactly rustle my jimmies like the rest of the neckbeards on here....it was a pretty good scene, i like getting to see more of eddard stark, even though its not sean bean playing him still
>>
>>69322849
I'm really hoping. Time travel is my jam if it's done right, and this show is prime for it.

My theory is by the end of this season, Bran will realize he has the power to not just see things in the past/future, but affect them.
>>
>>69319646
JUST
>>
>>69323049
Ned looked back and from his PoV he couldn't see Bran so it's probably not just a vision.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OONy1sGyqpc

No fight in GOT will ever top this one. Speed and might, revenge, trickery, brutality, acrobatics, suspense, spectators and beautiful women
>>
>>69323049
The books constantly let Bran interact with Ned and others during his visions.
>>
>>69323321
this, senpai
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.