[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he a "good" or "bad" guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: high septon.jpg (421 KB, 3155x2100) Image search: [Google]
high septon.jpg
421 KB, 3155x2100
Is he a "good" or "bad" guy?
>>
Neither he is THE guy
>>
>>69313265
The high sparrow's death will be so sweet. Sweeter than joffery's death for sure.
>>
File: smug dog.jpg (17 KB, 260x273) Image search: [Google]
smug dog.jpg
17 KB, 260x273
Religion is always a bad guy.
>>
he is a faggot
>>
He's the religious version of Bernie Sanders.
I've never hate a fictitious character more.
>>
>>69313378
that is an extremely smug doggo
i'm talking pepe levels of smugness
>>
File: ramen.png (604 KB, 670x685) Image search: [Google]
ramen.png
604 KB, 670x685
>>69313286
>>
>I'm to stupid to find an answer by myself episode
>>
File: golden laugh.jpg (101 KB, 958x1061) Image search: [Google]
golden laugh.jpg
101 KB, 958x1061
>>69313471
>>
>>69313265
Don't have enough information to tell yet if he's honest or just playing the game
>>
The only good guy
>>
>>69313265
He is sort of a good guy. Of all the characters he has been against, every one of them was guilty of what he accused them of.
>>
as an atheist "aka right" then he's a bad guy.

Religion is for fucking sheep, religion keeps trying to ban homosexuals, transgenders and bernie sanders.

Religion is also the reason black people are opressed and people are shooting up schools.

without religion the world would be at least 100x better, ya'know.

No slut shaming
No violence
just love
>>
File: justreigns.png (182 KB, 369x338) Image search: [Google]
justreigns.png
182 KB, 369x338
>>69313265
he's THE guy
>>
High Sparrow more like High faggot. I can't believe he's allowed to spout his shit episode after episode.
>>
Of course he's a bad guy. He is running a cult full of zealots.

Him being killed and his retarded cult dismantled will be just as satisfying as seeing ollie hang like a little bitch.
>>
Considering the time period he's in, he's a good guy. All the nobility is debauched and corrupt and starting to deteriorate the morals of all the common people.

He only seems severe because of how bad things have gotten without any kind of moral compass for decades.
>>
He's not a good guy... He's not a bad guy... He's THE guy
>>
>>69313699
Fuck off christfag
>>69313695
I know right? Seriously, a bunch of zealouts and stupid christians, I can't wait for him to fucking DIE!!
>>
He's Howland Reed.
>>
File: 1462115895543.jpg (60 KB, 693x663) Image search: [Google]
1462115895543.jpg
60 KB, 693x663
>post your yfw when they take over
>>
he kinda pisses me off and I'm not sure why
>>
>>69313265
He's literally ISIS tier.
>>
>>69313777
check'd

high septon would have been dead a while ago is the tommen wasnt a pussy
>>
>>69313773
It's the fact that he's a backwards ass christfag. Seriously, I'm glad D&D are willing to write a religious bad guy.

It's about time these people are portrayed as the nutjobs they are in popular media
>>
He's just an asshole looking for an excuse to be an asshole.
>>
Lawful Neutral.
>>
>>69313752
>But ISLAM IS PEACE! ALL HAIL RED WOMAN AND ALLAH!
>>
>>69313286
But does he want to be THE Queen?
>>
Bad guy

He is using the word of god to be the judgement. It is not his job to judge.
>>
>>69313849
All religion needs to fucking die, but islam, mainly muslims, have been opressed by evil christians for centuries.

muslims can learn to drop thier backward values and start practicing things like casual sex, and learn how to be openminded.

Christians can't, christians are just retarded breeders, and their "monogamoy" has been tearing the world apart since they landed in africa.
>>
>>69313265
Well on one hand he's Bernie so that would make him a good guy
But on the other hand he's a religious zealot and hasn't been involved in any cock jokes so bad guy
I guess he's a ~grey~ character
>>
>>69313614
>2000 years of progress thanks to religion
>70 years of secularism ruins everything

Stop trying to legitimize mental disorders.The only reason why the national associate of psychiatrists removed it from the list is because the LGBT community threw a big fit, not because of science.

In short they said:
>Fuck science that doesn't agree with my life style.
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
>>69313917
>>
>>69313851
No that petyr 'greater awordsman than arthur dayne' baelish
https://youtu.be/CDt9FrVOPZk
>>
>>69313265
He is Arya, think about it.
>>
>>69313265
He's directing a cult of religious zealots that enforce their will with pain.
He thinks the gods that he believes in knows best for everyone.
He will punish anyone for what he considers sin.
He does not respect royalty while he resides within the kingdom.

yes, he's a bad guy, and also a criminal.
>>
>>69313851
No he is just sick of a society where nobles are perceived as superior to all.

This is all leading up to a democracy which is his end game
>>
>>69313931
>>>2000 years of progress thanks to religion

Get a load of this delusional christfaggot, religion hasn't done shit

>>>70 years of secularism ruins everything
OH YEAH, BETTER HEALTHCARE, NO MORE GETTING MURDERED OVER SEX, NO MORE SLUT SHAMING, BIRTH CONTROL.

GAY MARRIAGE.

yeah, sounds fucking awful, go back to worshiping your dead zombie on a stick.

bigot.
>>
Joffrey would never have stood for this cunt, Tommen is such a little bitch.
>>
>>69313265
Because we are connected to the Lannister family and now no longer really consider them 'bad guys' (despite them starting the whole fiasco of the show in the first place), so naturally we root for them in this situation.

However, even if he's bullshit and really just a manipulative power-hungry cult leader, he is actually better for the country as a whole and the royal family is totally getting what's coming to them. Yes, they're dogmatic and anti-progressive in the modern US and UK point of view, but the long term benefits of it outweighs that. If we compare it to a real society, it's one step closer to a country ruled by the people.

My brother is gay and he even knows that he's more of a good guy.
>>
>>69313265
He's the Bern guy.
>>
>>69313955
>>I'm a retarded christfag who can't argue, so I'll just accuse you of posting bait.

Pray harder troglodyte
>>
File: godzilla.png (922 KB, 900x1000) Image search: [Google]
godzilla.png
922 KB, 900x1000
>>69313760
>>post your yfw when they take over
>post your your face when when they take over
>>
>>69313987
>I can't make rational arguments so I must type in caps

Stop being such a fag
>>
>>69313265
I honestly think he's absolutely right with what he says. The atonement is what the ethically depraved aristocrats of King's landing deserve.

Then again I always been drawn to stuff like monks, asceticism and so forth.
>>
He is opposite of liberal so I'm pretty sure he's a good guy
>>
File: 1406361787755.jpg (73 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1406361787755.jpg
73 KB, 413x395
>>69314067
>>A religious skydaddy fanatic
>>criticizing someone on rationality

uh huh, keep flailing away, idiot.
>>
>>69313265
Honestly it seems that he is something more dangerous than a good or bad guy he is a true believer. He is a zealot, but it is not like the world he is in is equally shit. From the perspective of the other characters who are all royal nobles he is the devil but to common man he can give some hope.
>>
>>69314005
Tbf he got the queen and the gay knight as hostages.
>>
>>69313917
>ALLAR SNACKBAR PLS RAPE MY CHILDREN AND MY FAEC!

>ISLAM IS PEACE, IGNORE ALL THE CALIPHATES OVER THE YEARS OPPRESSING, RAPING AND KILLING EVERYONE!

>AYYUBIDS, UMMAYADS, OTTOMANS, RASHIDUNS DINDU NUFFINK RONK, SWAR ON MI MUM M8!!!

You atheist fags haven't got the fucking ball bags to go up to a Muslim and tell them to fucking die and burn with Allah in hell because you know they'd cut your ugly, fat neckbearded head off.

But you attack Christians who are passive and peaceful people because you know they ignore your shit.

Now go put a bra on and dance around on tinychat for old Turkish men you faggot.
>>
File: IMG_0420.png (5 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0420.png
5 KB, 247x204
>>69313378
>>
Their history shows that they've always been violent towards authority so yes, he's a "bad guy" in that sense. But maybe a "good guy" since he's lining himself up against the ruling elite.

Sparrows are kind of like Cathars in some circumstances.
>>
>>69314012

this. he's totally sincere and what the kingdom needs. I'm rooting for him every scene
>>
>>69314118
>calls people with differning opinons bigot
>showing intolerance toward those holding different opinions

Destroy religion! Because only your way of thinking is the correct way!
>>
File: 1376271681005.gif (2 MB, 331x248) Image search: [Google]
1376271681005.gif
2 MB, 331x248
>religion is evil because mommy made me go to church
>>
Well he is supposed to care a lot about the common people of the realm, which you saw glimpses of in the last season. He may have some (for us) backward believes but this whole sparrow movement is a reaction to the insane brutality and oppression the common people faced, especially in the riverlands.

That has changed this season or they don't bother to show it any more. I don't know if he has any more ambitions than the power he currently has, but I'm pretty sure he won't give away any of the power he recently obtained without a fight.

In any case Cersei is a retarded lunatic, even the more clever and sane show version, who is getting everything she deserves from the high sparrow. Margaery is innocent but everyone, including the sparrow, was tricked into suspecting her of some nasty stuff, so I wouldn't condemn him for that.
>>
>>69313987
nice bait
>>
>>69314356
That's low level mate. Only get sardines with that.
>>
he lives in a world where actual supernatural shit happens on a regular basis, so any authority he derives from his religion has way more legitimacy than in our world
>>
He wants a communist theocracy. He is using the power the Queen Regent gave him precisely how he should within the rules and customs of the land. He's making both a mockery of the nobility and the ridiculous laws that bind the people. Combine what he's done in a year, with one of the longest winters ever, then the entire system collapses into theocratic communes where the rule of the Gods is the rule of law. Since people always wish to be organized and part of a hierarchy, they will choose the theocratic one over the Monarchy because the Monarchy is obviously inept, corrupt, and incapable.

All things said he's Lawful Neutral. He's seeking a balance and he's done it through legal and, for the period and place, ethical means.
>>
ITT buttmad backwards religious tards

You're just mad because atheist get the following

1.pussy, can't have sex before marriage christcucks
2.respect, don't need rules written in a book, we got our own
3.culture, everyone in hollywood is an atheist, and hollywood is art+pussy+money capital of the world.

Deal with it Xitians.
>>
>>69314645

3. culture, everyone in Hollywood is a Jewish Zionist, and hollywood is schlock+pussy+money capital of the world

Fixed that for you.
>>
File: NotPleasedByClapping.gif (2 MB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
NotPleasedByClapping.gif
2 MB, 270x270
He's not playing THE game, he's playing his own game with his own rules.

The brothel scene explains everything that he intends to happen. Now you might not agree with what the brothel is and does, but what is done within is ordered, peaceful, and ensures some level of safety (and profitability)
The religious police show up and cause chaos and injury to everyone they can. Where do you think those patrons will go? Into alleys and hidden rooms where there is no safety, where there is no peace, because what they do is suppressed and stopped by religious nut-jabbers.

A sinful but orderly and peaceful existence, traded for a chaotic and dangerous one that is "pious"
Riiight.
>>
>>69314645
>those things
>anything of importance

choose one
>>
File: 6KF1Xhf.jpg (94 KB, 670x913) Image search: [Google]
6KF1Xhf.jpg
94 KB, 670x913
ITT: heathens who need the fear of GOD put into them
>>
>>69313265
He's the thing that frightens Americans most. Somebody with conviction.
>>
>>69314829
>>MUH DEAD ZOMBIE SKYDADDY ON A STICK
>>MUH RELIGION
>>MUH DEGENERACY

You're just as bad as SJWS
not that it matters, at least they're on the right side of history.

unlike you and your dead backwards ass religion
>>
he's an interesting character than can portray an unlooked aspect of many fantasy universes but D&D has turned him into a one dimensional hokeypokey bad guy.
>>
>>69313773
he pisses me off because he's got an absurd plot armor. People act dumb fuck retarded around him and that's just infuriating, which is a shame because he's an interesting character played by a decent actor.
>>
>>69313987
this is bait
>>
There arent many things on this world that could surprise me anymore, but the high amount of theists and christians on fucking 4chan bewilders me everytime.
>>
>>69313265
Is the high sparrow=howland reed, eh? huh?
>>
File: image.jpg (695 KB, 1800x1800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
695 KB, 1800x1800
>>69314012
>better for the country as a whole

The whole of westerns does not practice the same religion. He will force them to adopt a religion they don't want. He has shown that he doesn't have a diplomatic bone in his body. He just says some stupid shit then gets his statue ads to attack everybody.

Sounds like we got ourselves s gayer nobunaga
>>
>>69315571
No.
>>
>>69314896
>theistic and conservative societies last thousands of years
>libshit atheist cucks are literally the final fart of dying societies
>>
>>69313265
He's the only character who's true neutral.
>>
>>69313461
What's wrong with wanting to address wealth inequality?
>>
>>69313265
He's literally Satan. His scheming is going to destroy the Seven Kingdoms and turn them into a land where religious zealots rule. Pharisees arose out of this sort of shit.
>>
>>69315705
...Liar....you might be right...or wrong...we'll never know until they show the real old Howland Reed
>>
>>69315810
Do you really, REALLY believe that a guy who was close to Eddard Stark, a northener, who believes in wargs and has a greenseer for a son, would believe in the 7 faced god? Really?
>>
>>69313265
He is a extremist relligious...
Where in history did that went right?
>>
>>69313265
lawful neutral - look it up
>>
He is a good guy.

Everything he has said so far is true. Loras, Margaery and Cersei were guilty of what he accused them.
He lives a simple life and helps the poor. He doesn't do anything for his own advancement.

Would you really say Cersei atoned herself, that she saw the error in her ways and became a good Queen Mother?

Why would he be evil?
>>
wewwwwweeeewwwwwwwwwwww!

You don't know! It's all GREY woah
>>
>>69315899
...no...unless he's faking...ah dammit...you're probably right...
>>
He is also a bond villain.
>>
>>69315937
>He is a extremist relligious...
>Where in history did that went right?

Germany: Charlemagne
France: Louis IX
Spain: Isabella of Castile

They were some of the best rulers of their countries.

The first American settlers were also religious extremists, as far as I know.
>>
>>69315991
>incest is evil
>being gay is evil

That guy may be helping the poor, but he is full of shit.
>>
>>69316093
Uh? Don't you think that what Cersei did is wrong? Cheating on her husband with her brother? And don't you agree that Loras is a degenerate?
>>
>>69316083
Alfred the Great was the greatest King of England. He was extremely religious.
>>
File: Knight-of-st-john.jpg (361 KB, 1009x1300) Image search: [Google]
Knight-of-st-john.jpg
361 KB, 1009x1300
He's fucking awesome. Death to the wicked and the unjust.
>>
>>69313822
Yeah, it's so controversial in today's world to portray religion in a bad light.
>>
>>69315790
gimme dat free munny
>>
>>69316083
>>69316264

Those guys are Kings (and Queen)
I'm talking about when church has too much power.
The high sparrow is no king
>>
Either way he's restarted for thinking the seven exist.
>>
>>69313614
Well it's one thing to say it's wrong to be religious in real life, when there is no real, quantifiable proof that God exists. But in westeros magic most definitely exists, so it's much harder to say definitively that someone is "wrong" do believing in a mystical being
>>
>>69316332
>The high sparrow is no king
Bitch, he has the royal family running scared.

For all intents and purposes, he is the king.

Ser Robert is going to get fucked by the Hound anyway.

GET FUCKING HYPE.
>>
>>69313265
Great guy. Im sure D and D hate him like they do with all religious characters, but everyone he has been against has been guilty and has schemed to ruin the kingdom.
>>
>>69316158
Cersei is a cunt for many things that she has done, like killing Robert and using Lancel and others to get more power and yes, cheating Robert and telling him her bastards are his blood was wrong, but understandable. She loved Jaime all her life and of course she would protect her children with this lie. Robert also treated her like shit in his grief for Lyanna, so there's that.
Hating Tyrion and destroying his life is her biggest sin, and no one cares about that. The high sparrow doesn't even know and never will.

Loras is literally one of the best characters of ASOIAF and LITERALLY did nothing wrong.
>>
>>69313378
sup gabe
>>
>>69313931

Hey, fuckface, how many internets, moon landings or Japanese sexbots were invented prior to 70 years ago.

I'll tell you, the answer is zero buddy.
>>
>>69316395
yeap, but he is going to be crushed by someone, and i am wating for that moment. I am not an atheist, and i don't give a crap about religion (in the meaning, i don't care if someone follows or not, simply not interested at all)
But i hate guys like him
>>
>>69316083
The first American settlers nearly all starved to death and commited cannibalism.
>>
>>69316279
Tell that to the Christian Hungarians and Novgorod of Old that you burned for being Orthodox, hypocrite.
>>
>>69313265
dude is secretly running a weapons, insignia and body modification business. That's where all his minions get their stuff.
The more people he "converts" the more money he makes.
Is probably a silent stakeholder in the iron bank.
>>
>>69316390
There's more than enough reason to believe in God IRL.
>>
>>69316459
>Cersei is a cunt for many things that she has done, like killing Robert and using Lancel and others to get more power and yes, cheating Robert and telling him her bastards are his blood was wrong, but understandable. She loved Jaime all her life and of course she would protect her children with this lie. Robert also treated her like shit in his grief for Lyanna, so there's that.
>Hating Tyrion and destroying his life is her biggest sin, and no one cares about that. The high sparrow doesn't even know and never will.

Are you trolling?
Do you think that what she did is understandable? Really?

And that treating bad that shitty brother of hers is worse than cheating on her husband with her brother and killing him?

>Loras is literally one of the best characters of ASOIAF and LITERALLY did nothing wrong.

lol
>>
>>69316332
When did the Church had too much power and how did that went wrong?
>>
>>69316633
-First
Doubles Doubles Checked!
-Second
Are you kidding? Almost every pope in itally (and per consequence a big part of europe)
>>
File: 1462308813654.jpg (87 KB, 750x412) Image search: [Google]
1462308813654.jpg
87 KB, 750x412
>>69313286
I'm the Big Guy
>>
>>69316764
Would you mind telling how the Popes made things worse in Italy as compared to nobles?
>>
>>69313752
10,000 years of human civilization, 5,000 since the advent of writing and all you can do is talk shit on a photonic information exchange machine.
You're fucking worthless.
>>
>Putting degenerates and liars in their place
>Being a bad guy

It's hilarious how many people hate him when he's actually one of the most genuinely righteous characters in the series.

Cersei deserved what she got.
>>
Definitely Howland Reed. If it isn't, I'd be shocked and his story would be genuinely pointless.
>>
>>69317899
Why would Howland be of the faith of the seven?
How would he have become a priest when he was with Jojen and Meera for most of their lives?
>>
>>69317982
Because he's a sneaky fucker and the character himself has no history.

He walked into the city and built an army right under the Lannister noses under the pretense of being a pious old fag.
>>
>>69317797
Margaery was framed by Cersei though
>>
>>69313265

Morally gray. He's obviously pleased with himself to some degree, to influence the king and expand his order, but beyond this, we can't really make too big of a judgment.

It's assumed he's helping the common people, but we haven't seen any evidence of this. He's clearly attacking Cersei, who doesn't give a shit about the poor or anyone besides her family. If his end goal is to eliminate her to influence Tommen and make him less like his mother for the benefit of the people, then that's probably for the greater good. But we can't know, and he clearly hasn't done anything tangible to improve King's Landing.

In fact, only Margaery has been shown to be charitable to the poor, and he's imprisoned her. He's probably preventing the influx Tyrell food and money by doing this, ultimately hurting the people he claims to support.

tl;dr - We want make that call yet until the situation/his character is fleshed out more. For now, he's morally gray.

I will say he's doing a great job portraying the character despite the cliché as fuck dialog D&D has written for him.
>>
>>69313592
So Cersei was rightfully punished for what she did with Osmynd Kettleblack and Jhalabar Xho even though they don't exist?
>>
>>69313917
t.Kike
>>
>>69313265
>religious zealot

of course he's a bad guy.
Stupid shit sticking his god's dick in other people's buisness.
>>
File: lans.jpg (1011 KB, 1232x737) Image search: [Google]
lans.jpg
1011 KB, 1232x737
>>69314012
>>69313592
It's really disorienting how everything he said about the Lannisters is true but the Lannisters are still more sympathetic than him anyway
>>
>>69318971
i never found them sympathetic, he is making them pay for their sins and is 100% correct.
>>
>>69313773
>he kinda pisses me off and I'm not sure why

he's completely full of shit, that's why.
>>
>>69319029
He's a cunt though
>>
>>69319103
>i dont personally like the person doing the right thing therefore that thing is bad

cool bruh
>>
Christians = Dumb
Atheists = Smart

If it weren't for Atheism, we wouldn't have the culture we have today now would we?

Gays would still be getting murdered
Women would still be enslaved by their husbands
People born as the wrong gender would be stuck, being the wrong gender.

Be thankful that there are people looking ahead in this world.

Christianity will die out, and the world will finnaly be a perfect place.

Sex, drugs, enlightment.

No more breeders, no more screaming idiot kids.

Just intellectualism
>>
He clearly has motives outside of Religion, such as making the powerful who have caused the wars that ravaged Westeros to fucking pay for their sins. Especially Cersei, she deserves to die for the shit she has done.

He is fucking BASED.
>>
File: 4328923843.png (487 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
4328923843.png
487 KB, 900x900
>>69313286

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE ROMAN
>>
>>69315790
Nothing, but his methods to fix it are objectively retarded from an economic standpoint and morally questionable.
>>
>>69319191
this is premium bait right here, im saving this
>>
>>69318202
She was guilty of lying under oath to the gods. But yes Cersei framed her in the books and she was released.
>>
>>69319289
Why is this bait? Are you buttmad that the world is now a better place thanks to secular values?

I bet you like shitting in the woods, while your sky daddy watches.
>>
Cersei and the Lannisters deserve this and more, but I can't help but get infuriated by him. He has crazy plot armor and it pisses me off how weak nobles seem to be around him.
>>
>>69319331
>Sex, drugs, enlightment.
>No more breeders, no more screaming idiot kids.
>Just intellectualism

if you are serious literally kill yourself, otherwise hats off
>>
>>69318121
>He walked into the city and built an army right under the Lannister noses under the pretense of being a pious old fag.

t. showfag
>>
>>69319029
>he is making them pay for their sins and is 100% correct.

Jaime confessed to literally everything (except Bran?) and he didnt give a shit

He is a hypocritical cunt who has an agenda. Just like every other character
>>
>>69319191
>>Tries to speak for atheism
>> ruins his argument by being an sjw and listing some of the few things christianity does right
>> no mention of the scientific revolution or any of the actual good points for atheism
>>
>>69315790
Lazy niggers dont deserve shit
>>
>>69316850
This. The medieval Catholic church was like the UN of its day. The protestant reformation screwed it up and caused the later climate of heretic-burning.
>>
File: 1462799790143.png (194 KB, 1251x585) Image search: [Google]
1462799790143.png
194 KB, 1251x585
>>69319191
mfw
>>
Is the show going to introduce the Warrior's Son or are the still going to portray the Faith Militant as guy's in rag?
>>
Bad guy because he worships false gods

The only true god is the lord of light
>>
i can't wait to see FrankenMountain turn his self-righteous, smug, imaginary friend having, godcock smoking, skull into soup.

i can't fucking believe the facebook level of normalposting from you pathetic faggots.
>hurr the lannisters are bad i only like stories where good wins over evil. KING OB DA NORF xD
this is fucking GoT. you win or you die, or you're a whore, or you're hodor.
>>
>>69322282
I can hear your sweaty huffing and puffing while you type that
>>
He's legitimately incorruptible and cares about the poors. He wouldn't have the power he does if the Lannisters didn't fuck up the realm in the war.
>>
>>69313265
>live in a world with confirmed real gods
>Dark and Light god
>The many faced god
>faggots still believe in their own made up ones
The sparrow is a heretic and all those who believe in the false gods will suffer when the real gods comes a knocking.
>>
>>69313378
>implying atheism is not a religion
>arbitrarydefinition man
>>
>>69313614
>religion keeps trying to ban homosexuals, transgenders and bernie sanders.
>these are bad things

>Religion is also the reason black people are opressed
>not because they lack ambition, or a proper education or because they have a fragmented family culture
>no it's all "religion", even the ones they've never heard of

>without religion the world would be at least 100x better
without all religions except Christianity the world would be at least 100x better*
fixed it for you

>No slut shaming. No violence
violent slut alert
>>
>>69314645
>sleeping with roasties and STD whores
>following rules that change with the winds
>using hollywood as a role model
wow you've got it made
>>
>>69313265

In the books he represents the smallfolk and poor people. In the show he represents religious fanatics and sadists because D&D.
>>
Religion = bad

Proof: all of history

Glad I could clear that up for you.
>>
>>69322979
Religion = Good!

Proof: all of history

Glad two can play at that game, pal
>>
>>69318773
>Infidelity, incest...the murder of King Robert.

Plus she wanted the smallfolk to die so that they wouldn't be an annoyance to her. If I'm not mistaken I think she was going to close the gates fo King's Landing during winter or something like that.
>>
>>69314192
>Christians who are passive and peaceful people
[CITATION NEEDED]
>>
>>69313265
Probably has an agenda but up to this point he's kind of a good guy. Selfless, punishes the guilty, shows the lords and ladies of the great houses how full of shit they are. The only reason why people hate him is because of an inherent anti religion bias. Either that or they like Cersei. They're idiots in both instances anyways.
>>
>>69313461
The difference being that the great houses only have money because of their surnames and not because of their merits. Plus the smallfolk have it a thousand times worse than any poor american in the 21st century.
>>
>>69313822
When was the last time religion was portrayed in a positive light, anyways?
>>
>>69324188
In the ten thousandth rendition of the passion?
>>
>>69313265
There are no good guys, everyone is just an asshole. The sooner the white walkers murder them all, the better.
>>
>>69322665
Atheism is the lack of dogmas, it's the opposite of a religion.
>>
>>69313265
>>69324053
he's a cuck who needs to inflict his own guilt and fears on others.
>>
>>69316839
kek
>>
>>69322665
it's almost as if all monistic ideologies are ignorant
>>
File: 1377475221007.gif (1 MB, 300x170) Image search: [Google]
1377475221007.gif
1 MB, 300x170
>>69313651
he'll never be "the" guy
>>
>>69313265
He's based.
Not even a religionfag but seeing the rotten gentry getting their asses handed to them is satisfying as fuck.
>>
>>69313286
Lol
>>
File: 1435975669407.jpg (73 KB, 531x683) Image search: [Google]
1435975669407.jpg
73 KB, 531x683
>>69313265
grrm is an edgy fedoratard and the showrunners are willing to put anything on the show as long as it delivers on the shock value

of course he's a "bad guy", he's religious. The show isn't even good at pretending he's not supposed to look bad
>>
>>69313286

Sufferin Succotash
>>
>>69313822
You dropped your fedora.
>>
>>69316390
>thatsthejoke.jpg

in ASOIAF absolutely every religion has one form of another of mystical legitimacy EXCEPT for the faith of the seven, the most populous religion in westeros which is the stand in for Catholicism.

Martin was raised Catholic and became euphoric only later in life, the whole thing is just meant to be a beating horse for Martin to get catharsis over his teenage atheist phase
>>
>>69325328
You mean the one that nobody but people who are christian watch? Stupid fuck.
>>
>>69313976
/thread
>>
>>69316525
the minute after you tell that to the Cambodians in the killing fields
>>
>>69313265
He's the bad guy, thinks he's doing gods work, master manipulator and bullshit artist.
>>
>>69316459
>Loras is literally one of the best characters of ASOIAF and LITERALLY did nothing wrong
he took a dick up his ass
>>
>>69319191
will save this good pasta
>>
File: 1399161017709.png (212 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1399161017709.png
212 KB, 640x480
>want the hound to win the CLEGANEBOWL but hate the high sparrow and want him to die and dont want my crazyfu cersei to die
>>
>>69313265
Are there ANY good guys in GoT at all (except Ser Onion that is).
>>
>>69327256
Jon is a good guy for the most part

plus brienne is a good person as well even though the show pretty much ruined her for me
>>
>>69313773
He pisses you off because deep down you know he's right
>>
File: 1461623378268.jpg (137 KB, 615x460) Image search: [Google]
1461623378268.jpg
137 KB, 615x460
>>69313265
Just be glad he isn't R'hllor, or you decadent southern fucks would really be feeling the Bern.

I bet you faggots would try to lawyer your way out of acknowledging that the lord of light or some higher power exists in the world of westeros, despite us seeing that they have some kind of quantifiable power and influence over the world around them.

You've seen people brought back from the dead, you've seen a girl survive stepping into a pyre and yet you still deny. If the High Sparrow accepted R'hllor into his life it would make the comeuppance of these smug, corrupt, noble pieces of shit all the sweeter.
>>
>>69327290
Well, the thing the hanged fellow talked about (Wild getting past the Wall) ain't exactly a good thing. I know, I know - circumstances en all, but that's some major _grey_ shit. But I have to agree, for the most part he a good boy.

Brienne gets on my nerves. Not as much as most of the female cast, but still. And she decked Stannis in.
>>
>>69327290
>citing the two worst characters in the show

>Jon is a good guy for the most part
they're about to fuck him up by making him Jesus

>brienne is a good person as well even though the show pretty much ruined her for me
the only way she could ever be stopped is if Jon got in her way, the plotarmor is way too thick
>>
>>69327332
Goes on to show that even if you bumbling, pompous, pseudo-intellectual atheist faggots were presented with proof of a god's existence that you would all still go on being cunts. Because it's not about proof and it never has been. Lol, get bernt bitches.
>>
He reminds me of the HR at my old job.
Presents himself as the neutral guy seeing everything by the books and right from wrong, when in reality hes forming an image infront massive cloud of bullshit by manipulating complaints and situations from by employees about management with technicalities and exploiting out of context statements. All in the favor of shitty managers.
>>
>>69319191
No Christianity means no hope for the common people, and slavery.
It was useful back in it's time, now it can die out, or keep transforming into something else.
>>
>>69327370
having a shitload of wildings will help once the others knock down the wall and jon knows it

also i meant book brienne is good in that she has noble agendas and is looking to do the right thing. Obviously she gets annoying in the show. Also Stannis is still alive senpai.
>>
>>69313265

He pretends to have the moral high ground, but he really just gets off on wielding power over kings and queens and whatnot. So he's a cunt, but he mostly only hurts other cunts.
>>
File: 1436846554333.png (12 KB, 530x492) Image search: [Google]
1436846554333.png
12 KB, 530x492
>>69327466
yeah, like excuses for your parents to send you back to your room...

you fucking fedorafags are pathetic
>>
>>69313265

Hes using religion as a vehicle to secure power for himself.

But hes not any worse than anyone else in the show.

Eagerly awaiting the mountain crushing his head with his giant zombie hands though.
>>
File: Jesus-Loves-You-Wallpaper-13.jpg (128 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Jesus-Loves-You-Wallpaper-13.jpg
128 KB, 1024x768
Im praying for all the atheists in this thread right now, peace be on to you all :))
>>
>>69327488
>also i meant book brienne is good in that she has noble agendas and is looking to do the right thing
isn't she constantly ridiculed in the books for it?
>>
>>69315394
>People act dumb fuck retarded around him
The last ep scene with him and the teenage king was,IMO, to show he is very charismatic and knows how to talk to people to make them listen.
That are the standard qualities of sect leaders.

Would be pretty cool if he got done for on behalf of Cersei and some no name shmuck took his place, but instead of talking shit and occasionally walking naked queens around the town, he'd wage an all out war against the masters (like in Danytown).
>>
Removes any believability for this series that he was able to kidnap the queen mother and queen and still be alive and in power
>>
>demonstrate the evils of organized religion by having them be set opposite our protagonists
>too afraid to mention holy scripture/holy books lest parallels be drawn to real life organized religions

bravo george
>>
>>69313265
His heart is in the right place, but he has the wrong approach. And as anyone with a lot of influence, it makes him dangerous.

This is pretty much "Gray Area: The Series." Kind of hard to find an actual bad guy anymore.

Except Ramsay. Little prick.
>>
>>69315790
He's an old guy and a single guy, the moment something happens to him and he dies it will become chaos. The sparrows would go full Islam, some of them saying the way I do my belief is better or I do it more than you do. They would turn on each other probably making it more extreme in the process. It doesn't work if they still have a leader who tells them what to do cause they wouldn't function on their own.
>>
>>69327488
That's what I meant with the circumstances. But with the cool Wildlings past the wall got some men-eating bald shitters too. And his shit farther thinned Black Guard numbers.

>i meant book brienne
LEL are we on /lit/?
>>
>>69313265
In the hands of a decent writer, he would be a good guy or at the very least a neutral power. But in the hands of HBO hacks D&D, he's a bad guy even though the Lannisters are all shitcunts.
>>
>>69314012
People rooting for Lannisters are the same calibre of people as those who root for Dany's retarded shit and the same as those who only expect "random kills LOL".
>>
He's chaotic good.
>>
File: 1438801066652.jpg (59 KB, 396x458) Image search: [Google]
1438801066652.jpg
59 KB, 396x458
>>69327604
are you serious?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walk_to_Canossa

Popes were able to get away with crazy shit back in the day
>>
>>69316459
>LITERALLY did nothing wrong
Except getting fucked in the butt by other guys.
>>
File: 1462157703566.gif (720 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1462157703566.gif
720 KB, 200x200
>>69313286
>>
>>69327634
you're fucking stupid, every single religion in the book has a real life parallel, some of them painfully obvious.

If anything the only clever one is changing the Holy Trinity to the seven pointed star, but everything else is pretty much a palette swap of various pagan folk cults
>>
>>69313614
surprised people actually replied to this post
>>
>>69327906
that's the nature of bait, it would be weird if it didn't have any replies
>>
>>69327843
There is a slight difference between da pop and this High Sparrow shmuck.
>>
>>69327551
this

They make his actions and followers actions match Tommens. He's presented as a threat and equal when it comes to having power. Whenever Tommen takes a step forward, his kingsguard follows. Whenever the high sparrow moves, his faith militant follow. Both are playing defensive, and I think Cersei's destructive nature will be the catalyst. I'm pretty sure she will try to kill Tommen because she believes to badly in the prophecy that she'd rather him die by her hands.
>>
File: 1436630109093.jpg (10 KB, 223x200) Image search: [Google]
1436630109093.jpg
10 KB, 223x200
>>69328012
?????

that's figuratively who the high sparrow is, straight up. I'm pretty sure the fact that Pryce even looks like Pope Francis was a factor in casting him as the high sparrow.
>>
>>69328310
With all due respect but Pope Francis is high level delusion. But back on topic.

By 1077 the Pope and the Papal state was quite a powerful entity, whereas the High Shmuck is just some faggot running a sect in one fucking city. Everything he was able to pull only went down because of:
1) weakness of the Lannisters (internal affairs, Tywin's death)
2) weakness of the king (Lannisters vs Tyrells)
3) the still not solved war situation in Westeros
4) infinity of poor shits pouring into the city and having little options other than joining the deluded old man in a crappy sect

But yeah, I can agree that he serves a purpose similar to, say, early Christian leaders in Roman Empire or whatever.
Cheers.
>>
>>69314035
Is it cozy under that rock? Holy shit
>>
He's trying to install theocracy to get rid of feudalism. Basically he's about to make everything worse should he succeed
>>
>>69328652
>He's trying to install theocracy to get rid of feudalism. Basically he's about to make everything worse should he succeed

So he's basically Oliver Cromwell?
>>
File: 1331934249888.jpg (64 KB, 454x462) Image search: [Google]
1331934249888.jpg
64 KB, 454x462
He's become the best character in the show since Davos got his lobotomy and changed into a completely difference character.

Apart from the "arresting Loras cause he's gay" thing, which was one of the shows most retarded ideas since the cock merchant, he's been great, and the actor's fantastic.
>>
>>69328562
>whereas the High Shmuck is just some faggot running a sect in one fucking city
but it's the first time the clergy has ever been populist. To the masses AND the aristocracy the church still has prestige and in the case of the aristocracy also the growing threat of weaponizing the plebes against the ruling class

>I can agree that he serves a purpose similar to, say, early Christian leaders in Roman Empire or whatever
he would have had to get thrown to the lions for that to work. hehehe. I get what you're trying to say, someone like St Augustine in the later empire I guess, but that's not quite analogous.
>>
>>69314896
now THAT'S bait
>>
>>69313752
Good luck in hell.
>>
>>69329671
Kys
>>
>>69313265
>Gods are frauds in a world where literally ALL OTHER GODS ARE DEMONSTRABLY FUCKING REAL
>Uses """their""" authority to treat people like shit and act as judge/jury/whateverthefuckhewants

Kill all religious fanatics. Get that bitch Mellisandre demonshitter while we're at it.
>>
>>69313917
This is the most extreme bait that I have ever seen on this website. 10/10 Great job.
>>
>>69313265
Lawful neutrak
>>
>>69322665
>implying not collecting stamps is a hobby

stupid R'hllorfag
>>
>>69320954
>Be christian
>Help cause the collapse of advanced society
>Keep most knowledge that survives (which isn't much) sequestered away from those fucking filthy plebs
>Burn the literature I don't particularly care for
>Claim to have created civilization
>While LITERALLY living in the ruins of the civilization I just brought to the ground
Christians, everyone.
>>
Is he jack sparrow's family ?
>>
>>69332309
You have no idea what you're talking about. Please, educate yourself.
>>
>>69326829
You failed to realize something in your hat-tipping christfag bitching. There are no good guys in game of edge. Also, the sparrow is a crooked, fraud abusing power to the max.
>>
>>69313265
Seeing him knock Cersei down a notch was so sweet.
>>
File: OB6YcPJ.jpg (47 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
OB6YcPJ.jpg
47 KB, 1334x750
>>69313695
Fuck Olly.
>>
File: 1426464734180.jpg (1 MB, 1137x1649) Image search: [Google]
1426464734180.jpg
1 MB, 1137x1649
>>69332334
I'm sure. After all christians invented civilization and science an sheeit. Ignore the part where they LITERALLY have probably destroyed as much literature if not more than they've written and what they've written was shit. Or that christians FUCKING TODAY are STILL denying evolution.
>>
>>69332309

>CAUSED THE COLLAPSE OF ADVANCED SOCIETY

Because a 40%/60% Slave to Citizen ratio was doing the economy wonders. The Western Romans couldn't even grow grain anymore, their pagan subjects were so dumb.

>Keeps knowledge hidden away

That's why wide-spread education and hospitals are a Christian concept, to keep it all hidden in plain view I suppose?

>He actually thinks Christianity was a contributing factor to Western Rome

Then explain how Christianity kept the Eastern Roman Empire alive, strong, wealthy, well educated, etc.. For another 1100 years?

Also,

>Claiming that the High Sparrow and his religious rag-tag are gullible fools for believing in the Gods when supernatural things, magical things, etc.. beyond the realm of comprehension occur every day and the dead are, by the power of Gods, literally raised back to life several times on the show

Children, my lads.
>>
>>69332424
>Or that christians FUCKING TODAY are STILL denying evolution.
American christians aren't representative of christianity. They're like that one retarded, drooling cousin everybody is ashamed of.
>>
File: 1427167081672.jpg (62 KB, 960x955) Image search: [Google]
1427167081672.jpg
62 KB, 960x955
>>69313265
Good guy, also probably has some of the best written scenes since like, season 3. The actor is amazing too, all around the only interesting part of King's Landing.

His monologue about Cersei and her motherly love was actually great and you've got to credit D&D for it too
>>
>>69313265
I like him. He does what he does to improve the lives of the poor peasants by showing the nobility that they are accountable for their actions. But I mainly like him because he is a smug old person who knows he can get away with it. Plus, he is the living proof of how shitty Cercei as a ruler is.
I almost hope he, that smug old lady Tyrell and CIA join forces to rule King's Landing.
>>
>>69332450
>Because a 40%/60% Slave to Citizen ratio was doing the economy wonders. The Western Romans couldn't even grow grain anymore, their pagan subjects were so dumb.
Sorry, history's against you on this one. The conversion to christianity is already accepted as one of the important reasons for the empire's collapse.

>That's why wide-spread education and hospitals are a Christian concept
Yes, christians invented this. Why of course they did! Tell me again why literacy was so low and people couldn't even understand the mass?

>Then explain how Christianity kept the Eastern Roman Empire alive
Explain to me how Byzantium isn't a shit. Christianity didn't do that. Being greedy jews did.

>Claiming that the High Sparrow and his religious rag-tag are gullible fools for believing in the Gods when supernatural things, magical things, etc.. beyond the realm of comprehension occur every day and the dead are, by the power of Gods, literally raised back to life several times on the show
Yes, and how many times were any of those HIS gods?? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM??? Which was precisely my point. The High Sparrow is a fucking fraud who worships false gods in a world with REAL FUCKING GODS.

>>69332472
>American christians aren't representative of christianity
Of course they are. You know why? Because they're not as fucking apostate. I absolutely LOVE this christian apologetics argument.

>Oh but REAL christians don't act like that because they don't actually follow the bible
Real good argument.
>>
>>69332549
autism, everyone
>>
File: 9e9.png (200 KB, 850x656) Image search: [Google]
9e9.png
200 KB, 850x656
>>69332588
Christians are just the rightwing versions of Carl the Cuck.
>>
Good guy. He fights against degeneracy and moral decay. The Lannisters are cunts, never forget that. Re-watch the prior seasons if you've already forgotten.
Margery, while good to the people, lied about her brother's actions in open court.
>>
>>69315790
>Wealth inequality
Fuck off cunt. You get what you work for.
>>
File: 1434354920265.png (2 MB, 1386x4653) Image search: [Google]
1434354920265.png
2 MB, 1386x4653
>>69332549
>>
>>69332649
That's why the Walton family is the richest group of people in human history. Because they work- oh fuck wait, they inherited it. Well take Steve Jobs! He was a highly trained engin- I mean a highly trained prog- I mean a highly skilled con-artist!

Why are conservashits so stupid?

>>69332664
That image is shit and has been since the retard shat it out. The Dark Ages YES were actually dark as shit. Galileo WAS unjustly put under house arrest for LIFE for disagreeing with the church WHILE BEING FUCKING RIGHT. No, heresy is not a valid crime. Period. It's bullshit that means "You disagree with me and that's not allowed because I have power right now." And let's not forget that this is an active ADMISSION that christianity has blocked scientific progress. Congratulations, moron, you just proved your opponent's case and destroyed your own.
>>
>>69332719
It's not just a picture.

Here,

http://1.droppdf.com/files/SzQL1/god-s-philosophers-james-hannam.pdf

Have a nice read.
>>
>>69332719
Oh. Also, this image is from the time of cancer after the christfag invasion of /pol/ when that board started going to shit, right before gaymercancer finished the job. /pol/ WAS NOT AND NEVER WAS a fucking christjew board.
>>
>>69313265
When you look at it from the outside, without personal stakes invovled, The High Sparrow is the best thing to happen to Westeros. Look at the faith militant and the poor fellows, in the end they care about the well being of the people.

Look at Lord Lancel or Harrenhals new Castellan, they are good people and their kind would be better for westeros than dany, stannis, or anyone else for that matter
>>
>>69332719

>The Dark Ages YES were actually dark as shit

yeah let's just forget about the carolingian and ottonian renaissances, which were of course famously spearheaded by atheists
>>
The only reason I hate him is that he should have been easily executed by now. Even if Tommen is a bitch, he could have stayed home and has his army of highly trained warriors slaughter them
>>
Religion is a necessary evil to control the mob of poor folk. When poor folk think they deserve everything and do nothing for it you get lazy fucks leeching off welfare. Not to mention they aren't even thankful for it and treat everyone around them like shit. Truly depraved when morals and even common human decency is thrown out of the window.

So is the sparrow a good guy? Considering the time period I say he is. Where everyone in power is corrupt and see other people as subhuman.
>>
>>69332719
Dark age usually refers to the very early middle age, just after the collapse of western roman empire. Galileo is happened like a millenium after, he was born more than 100 years after the end of middle age.
>>
>>69332750
I know exactly what it is. And it's all christcunt apologetics and is wrong. Sorry. You don't get to be right just because you want to be. You're wrong. Deal with it. Christianity only "laid the foundations for modern science" because it was LITERALLY THE ONLY THING LEFT after it destroyed everything else. Where the fuck was it going to come from? European paganism? The christcunts already destroyed that. The Romans STILL have aqueducts they built without mortar that we lost the knowledge to maintain and had to use mortar to restore. Vast grain milling facilities were discovered that were way more advanced than many ever suspected. The Romans were not the downplayed plebs that christniggers try to make them out to be in order to make themselves look better. The cancerous, decaying empire christshits try to portray Rome as typically IS christian Rome.

Very little of value came out of the Middle Ages. Deal with it.

>carolingian and ottonian renaissances
Pure fucking unimportant garbage. Gross christians. Take your plebeian shit back to hell with you.

This is the only Renaissance that matters:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance

And it was specifically great because it DEPARTED from jewish traditions and returned to pagan ones.

And before you start that
>BUT MY JEBUS ART
bullshit, learn some fucking history. Nobody debates that the actual Renaissance was pagan inspired.
>>
File: 1410297960497.png (199 KB, 373x327) Image search: [Google]
1410297960497.png
199 KB, 373x327
>>69313286
kek
>>
Jesus Christ, I wish we could have a conservative christian culture again, so all these dumb queers trying to "rebel" by being edgy christcunts would get the fuck off of 4chan and go join the normalcancer in real life.
>>
>>69332931
>Very little of value came out of the Middle Ages.
There was the whole agricultural revolution. I don't know if you're trolling or just one of these atheist fanatics.

Suppressing facts to fit your narrative? You're behaving exactly like what you (poorly) denounce. Mulim, christians, atheists, jews all have theirr lots of retards.
>>
>>69313614
>Religion is trying to ensure mentally ill people among the highest tiers of suicide are given psychological treatment for their disease
>Every other statement you've written is bait

Fixed that for you my leftist cuckold.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.