[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most anti-climatic ending ever. How can they take an iconic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 20
Most anti-climatic ending ever.

How can they take an iconic story from the comics and dumb it down so much that the end leaves me feeling there was zero consequence to the whole plot.

All of the battles felt like kids playing in their backyard.

At the very least they could have had Cap die and Winter Soldier taking his place somehow.

I'm done with cape-shit. I know it's pleb entertainment, but why does it have to be so bland?
>>
>>69309445
>Most anti-climatic ending ever.

>WHY NO ONE DED?!?!

faggot.
>>
You have too high of expectations for this shit my man. You need to stop thinking any movie you're going to see is going to be ground breaking. You just come across as a pissy man child that takes memes and online forums too seriously.
>>
>people complain quickass died for no reason
>WAAAAAAH WHY DIDNT THIS CHARACTER DIE TO PLEASE ME
>>
>>69309554
the whole point of zemo was to tear the avengers apart but all they do is playfight for 2 hours while quipping every line
>>
>>69309445
The comic was terrible anyway and the target audience are 15 year olds and chinks
You're not going to get anything amazing or interesting happening. You're going to get 2 hours of mindless entertainment
>>
>>69309445
>the end leaves me feeling there was zero consequence to the whole plot.
Welcome to every non-xmen marvel movie ever
>>
Every Bourne film is pointless
>>
>>69309445
>Iconic
Iconic because it was so fucking bad. Civil War was fucking awful and they never should have adapted it in the first place. The sheer fact that they could get a good movie out of it was a miracle.
>>
>>69309464
well, BvS superman's death was also dull...... and the buildup had no flow or rhythm or whathaveyou

at least in batman rises bruce had a satisfying retirement and fakedeath in the nuke.... which made everyone pause in their seats emotional moment....

TDK also had an epic ending where batman was chased by the police and he takes the blame as the dark knight
>>
>>69310312
>good movie
you what meight?

the action was so fucking goofy
>>
anyone felt that bvs and civil war were essentially the same movie? lex makes them fight each other. both involved their mother getting killed. both had fake terrorist bombing a political event
>>
>>69309445
Okay, Comic Civil War was iconic, but that doesn't mean it was good.

The entire story was rife with the twisting of character's personalities, motivations, and logic.

Stark was re-made into a villain for villains sake, and Rodgers was stripped of his honor.

The MCU plot made perfect sense in its universe, given there are no mutants and Inhumans are just barely starting to come out of the woodwork.

>Comic Stark was an asshole, and Comic Cap was a bitch.
>>
>>69310618
Except that Civil War was BvS done right.
>Cap and Iron Man actually fundamentally disagree about the nature of good and the role of law, Batman and Superman were tricked/blackmailed into fighting
>Iron Man says "I don't care. He killed my mom" and notably doesn't say "I don't care. He killed MARIA."
>They don't immediately become friends once the hand behind the conflict is revealed.
>The villain's plan is clear and understandable and actually succeeds instead of leaving the audience wondering what the fuck he was going to do about the uncontrollable superweapon after the fact
>The villain also has sympathetic motivation
>>
>>69311581
both were kind of dissapointing, but civilwar had some fun scenes and actions.
>>
>>69312277
winter soldier had holy shit cool fucking moments like the elevator scene and nick fury surrounded by cops. felt like a real thriller

civil war was just too weaksauce
>>
>>69309445

>like kids playing in their backyard.

Congratulations, retard. You finally figured out the target audience for these movies.
>>
>>69312343
>>69312277
I went into Civil War with no expectations and was blown away. I went into BvS with no expectations and was somehow let down.
>>
>>69309445
>How can they take an iconic story from the comics and dumb it down
The original story was one of the dumbest in Marvel's history.
>>
>>69309445
>At the very least they could have had Cap die and Winter Soldier taking his place somehow.
That would made Cap the one in the right suddenly, and the """""war"""" would last a week.
>>69309643
>but all they did is playfight for 2 hours while quipping every line
Apart from the obvious ones did anyone quip?
>>
I liked the movie but I agree about the opinion that someone should've died.

War Machine and cap or ion man should have died. It's fucking annoying that they didn't. When War Machine got shot down, it actually felt kind of emotional and I actually had an "oh shit" moment. Next scene "jk he's still alive". What a fucking let down, why even bother with that scene at all? Seriously what was the point of the scene? I also agree that Cap should've died and Winter Soldier should've taken his place, it would've been really interesting, but the scene where Cap shoves his shield into Iron Man's chest should've killed Iron Man, too. They've made such a huge deal about how that thing in his chest is the only thing keeping him alive, and that not having it will kill him pretty quickly, and his suit was pretty much destroyed so you know he was stuck out there for a while. He should've killed Cap after getting a shield to the chest, then he should've slowly died in the wilderness. Before dying, the two show their regret for letting things go the way they did, Winter Soldier sees this, takes up Cap's shield after they die, vows to bring the Avengers together again. The end.

Also, I know it's a kids movie so it's obvious that never would've happened, but god damn it that would've been so much better than this "and everything was ok in the end" bullshit
>>
>>69313062
Everything wasn't okay, though. The Avengers are divided. The accords are law. Bucky's back to being frozen.
>>
>>69313062
But everyone would say "Weekend war", this thing is supposed to affect the earth movies of this phase.
>>
File: VnfUf.jpg (121 KB, 700x436) Image search: [Google]
VnfUf.jpg
121 KB, 700x436
>>69309445
>iconic story from the comics
>dumb it down
>>>>>>civil war
>>
>>69313170
Those are all really minor things, though. Cap's side isn't even in jail anymore. And it's not like the accords will ever actually catch up with them and Bucky will be thawed within a movie or two.

At the beginning of the next Avengers, or maybe even sooner, Cap and Iron Man are gonna be like "hey let's be friends again so we can fight Thanos" and it'll be like it never happened
>>
>>69313267
>assumptions
>>
>>69313373
Doctor Strange
>implying he gives a shit about the accords or any petty things that happen in our dimension matter to him or that any of this will even be mentioned

Guardians of the Galaxy
>Civil War will matter even less than in Doctor Strange. Won't even be in the same part of the galaxy

Thor
>Same as above

Black Panther
>Civil War will matter here but probably not a whole lot. If Civil War isn't tied up here, it'll definitely be tied up within the first few minutes of

Infinity Wars

Does this not make sense to you? It's pretty obvious what direction things will go in
>>
>>69309445
>How can they take an iconic story from the comics

Stopped reading right there.

People only know about Civil War because of how fucking bad it was, and the lengths that other authors went to turn it into something meaningful when it was over.
>>
>>69313476
>Civil War will matter even less than in Doctor Strange. Won't even be in the same part of the galaxy
They will go to earth at one point and the gov will shit on them.
>Thor Same as above
Implying he will not return to earth, also, he is with Banner.
>Civil War will matter here but probably not a whole lot. If Civil War isn't tied up here, it'll definitely be tied up within the first few minutes of IW.
Panther is part of the UN pannel now, he will have to agree with the accords or fuck off.
You forgot to mention Spider-Man and Carol, who will agree with the accords anyway because one has Stark as an idol and the other is a soldier.
>>
>>69309445

>At the very least they could have had Cap die and Winter Soldier taking his place somehow.

Just so they could revive him next movie like certain other movie series did? Nah, ending was anti-climatic but it was kinda the point. To show the rift between the Avengers, you don't show that with a bang but in a way they did
>>
>>69313062
superheros/villains don't die very much since they can/need to be recycled for money, you may be more used to movies but keep in mind this is from a comic, and I bet a warmachine cinematic is coming in the future since Disney loves money more than comic authors.

The scene was supposed to be a reality check for Tony where he realizes fighting the Avengers actually has consequences since one they are stronger than the usual enemies and two he was relying on them before since the Avengers movie was all together we are strong/ power of friendship. And no one has to die for you to have a reality check a near death experience changing peoples lives is common even in reality. I was actually surprised they "crippled" him even though hes just going to get robot salvation later.

I was pissed about the shield chest scene though. The worst part is the fact that he sat up and shit like it was just a knockdown at a bar fight.
>>
>>69312823
>Apart from the obvious ones did anyone quip?
Nah, it's just a meme that keeps getting repeated by people who are too assblasted to actually pay attention to the movie. Spidey did what spidey does and Ant-man had his chance to quip, and they had like 4 minutes of screentime each.

Shit, even Tony barely had any of his usual comebacks. Compared to other movies he's been in, this was the most serious Ironman we've seen.
>>
File: iron-man-3-chinese-surgery.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
iron-man-3-chinese-surgery.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>69313062
maybe you should watch the material before talking shit. but first
>people need to die anime style because thats the only way i know to create drama
fuck off. i agree that shit should get real every now and then but killing people off to create drama (quicksilver) will do nothing but annoy fans. your stupid edgy anime description there wouldve killed this fucking movie by the way. and its not like rhodie came out of it clean. hes paralyzed and can barely walk. he might not even return as war machine. maybe he will. who knows
>arc reactor
honestly im mostly shocked that no one called you out on this. way to make yourself look like a fucking idiot. he doesnt have an arc reactor in his chest. he got it removed
>>
>>69314458
I'm not a screen writer, what do you want from me. It's better than

>WAR MACHINE GOT SHOT BY A DEATH BEAM AND FELL HUNDREDS OF FEET TO THE GROUND
>LOOK AT HIM LOOK HOW DEAD HE LOOKS
>HAHAHAHA JUST KIDDING HES ALIVE
>IN FACT HES ALREADY WALKING AGAIN BY THE END OF THE MOVIE
>STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE WHERE HE GETS A NEW SUIT THAT IMMEDIATELY MAKES HIM OK AGAIN

And the arc reactor thing, you're right. But did you really expect me to remember things that happened in IM3?
>>
>>69314920
>do you really expect my brain to work so i dont go on autistic rants about shit i dont know about?
no. i dont. i also dont expect you to learn from this but fully expect you to repeat this faggotry again in a different thread
>>
>>69313062
cap shouldve at least been incapacitated and bucky takes the shield

cap only comes back when all hope is lost meme in some later film
>>
>>69315030
Sorry I'm not a huge gay nerd like you kid
>>
>>69314920
>LOOK AT HIM LOOK HOW DEAD HE LOOKS
>HAHAHAHA JUST KIDDING HES ALIVE
They never implied that he is dead, and it would be too stupid to do it because the trailers spoiled it.
>>
>>69314208
every other line is a joke and a comeback. this cape circlejerk needs to end
>>
>>69309445
>Civil War
>Iconic

Way to prove you don't actually read comics.
>>
>>69315034
Oh yeah, the shield. Another fucking cop-out.

>EMOTIONAL TONY MOMENT
>CAP LOSES SHIELD
>WHAT COULD THE IMPLICATIONS OF THIS BE?
>NOTHING HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HE'S FRIENDS WITH BLACK PANTHER NOW WHO, GUESS WHAT, IS GONNA MAKE CAP 20 MORE SHIELDS FOR FREE
>>
>>69315117
>gets shot by a death beam
>falls hundreds of feet
>shows his motionless body
>everyone who saw, on both sides of the fight, are shocked and stop what they're doing in fear that he's dead

>NEVER IMPLIED HE DIED
>THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME IN REAL LIFE
>>
>>69315117
dont bother with this nigger. other than being dumb and blind, hes also deaf because he didnt hear friday say she was picking up weak vitals right after tony got to rhodie
>>
>>69315258
I was really drunk during the movie. Snuck in a bottle of sailor jerrys

That doesn't excuse the dumb gay cop-outs every 20 minutes though
>>
>>69315254
how did he survive that fall? he doesn't have superpowers
>>
>>69315120
What needs to end is people like you exaggerating a point so they feel like they're right even though.
Comparing to the Avengers movies, any Ironman movie, or Ant-man, CW had less than a third of quip lines and jokes, and most of them are concentrated in the airport scene, which wasn't even that long. You just got carried by the "let's hate quips just because" mentality that's been all over /tv/ the last weeks and think that going around repeating memes constitutes valid criticism.
>>
>>69315347
someone needs to keep score of the jokes and make a database. definitely more jokes than winter soldier which was far more serious a movie
>>
>>69315317
This

There's no reason he should've lived.

No one even really likes MCU Rhodie, he's expendable but would also be an emotional shock that'd drive Tony in his agenda
>>
>>69315254
>>69315308
>>69315478
literally no one thinks you have any ground to stand on. you are clearly retarded and all your gripes exist because you were too stupid to understand a childrens movie

>>69315317
it was a miracle bestowed upon him by our lord and master allah, praised he be. rhodies big giant metal armor that can withstand nukes had nothing to do with it. rhodie should be glad allah spared him and only took his legs as payment for his gift
>>
>>69315489
Did you know that if you put an egg inside a metal box and chuck the box at a wall, the egg would still break?

Also his suit was compromised by a death ray splitting it in half
>>
File: 1459038311268.jpg (120 KB, 1205x1285) Image search: [Google]
1459038311268.jpg
120 KB, 1205x1285
>>69309445
>>
>>69315489
you put a guy in titanium armor and drop him from the sky 10 times out of 10 he's going to die
>>
>>69309445
>I'm done with cape-shit.
FUCK. We need to get him back guys. Marvel will stop making movies unless they know this guy's gonna watch them.
>>
>>69315583
op here. i thought bvs was 4/10 and civil war was 5/10 just cos i liked spiderman

there are no consequences in these movies compared to nolan batshit trilogy where at least there are interesting life/career ending moments
>>
>>69315254
>>gets shot by a death beam
This is how i know you clearly missed the point. Vision was attempting to disable Falcon, not kill him. THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS STUPID FIGHT WAS TO STOP THEM NOT MURDER! You are that dumb that you can't understand simple things from a movie made for manchildren.
>>
damn, is the comic storyline for civil war that bad? it seems like such a cool idea but I don't think I've ever seen anyone praise it here, all I ever see people saying is how bad it was. to comic book readers, why was it such shit?
>>
>>69315556
>>69315595
its almost like the concept of withstanding nukes means nothing to you people. i guess falling from the sky just has that much more fucking impact than a NUKE
>>
>>69315745
YOURE TELLING ME THAT A LASER BEAM STRONG ENOUGH TO IMMEDIATELY CUT THROUGH WAR MACHINE'S SUIT ISN'T ENOUGH TO KILL SOMEONE

THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT YOU'RE SAYING

OH GOOD GOD YOU'RE DUMB
>>
>>69309554
Quickass died to create fake drama, but Black Iron Man didn't die and wasn't even crippled but was still supposed to be a vehicle for fake drama. Armguy killing Metalman's parents was also a convenient excuse for fake drama. I know you are a tripfag and so are retarded, but you should at least realise 2 things can be bad for different reasons.
>>
>>69315784
>YOURE TELLING ME THAT A LASER BEAM STRONG ENOUGH TO IMMEDIATELY CUT THROUGH WAR MACHINE'S SUIT ISN'T ENOUGH TO KILL SOMEONE
Oh, you are saying he wanted to squish Falcon then?
>>
>>69315768
We never said it makes sense that his suit can withstand a nuke, you ape. HOWEVER it does make sense that plot armor can withstand a nuke. This scene in particular felt retarded and useless. It was literally nothing but a "oh shit someone might die" shock that was immediately retracted so they didn't mess with the status quo too much
>>
>>69315851
>Armguy killing Metalman's parents was also a convenient excuse for fake drama.
That was already implied in the second movie, holy fuck stop baiting.
>>
>>69315865
it was an accident meant for condorman
>>
>>69309445

BUH DUH ENDING
>>
>>69315757
The plot lost its steam halfway into the series, and the characters became dumber in order to give them a reason to fight. By the end of it when they all come to blows, you don't care who's fighting or why they are fighting at all.
>>
>>69315865
Vision said he didn't know how to use the gem. It's extremely likely that this is the first time he ever used his death ray and didn't know it'd do that much damage. He probably thought it'd just disable him. But there is no way on this earth given to us by our lord and savior jesus christ that you can tell me that the beam that cut through war machine's armor wouldn't have killed falcon if it hit him
>>
>>69315727
like when batman died at the end to save gotham
>>
>>69315476
That I won't deny. WS was an overall better movie, too.
>>
>>69315985
but he stayed "dead" and retired...and robin became the new capeshit

there's an actual emotional connection being made
>>
>>69310312
>that they could get a good movie out of it was a miracle

Proof that miracles don't exist. Civil War was a fucking shit movie strung together on the skeletal corpse of what would have been Serpent Society while the superfriends quip at each other for 2 hours straight to distract from the hackneyed and nonsensical real plot.
>>
>>69315953
I see. have you seen the movie yet? if so, would you say it's better?
>>
the consequences of the civil war are that the avengers are split up AND it's illegal for superheros to do anything without government direction.
Hydra is still active manipulating things in the government
this sets up a real conflict for everyone when thanos shows up
>>
>>69316037
Maybe because the trilogy ended.
>>
>>69315980
Wait, it wasn't the first time he used it, was it? Then I don't know what the fuck Vision was thinking, sorry buddy. Still, my point stands that there's no way on God's green earth that a beam strong enough to cut through an Iron Man suit isn't strong enough to cut through man flesh
>>
>>69315851
If War Machine died, Tony would be fueled by revenge and not help Cap/Bucky and make the reveal less impactful.
>>
File: 1461640407927.png (111 KB, 500x287) Image search: [Google]
1461640407927.png
111 KB, 500x287
>All of the battles felt like kids playing in their backyard.

This so fucking much.

>Civil War
>OH SORRY I HIT YOU ARE YOU OKAY? I'M SORRY I DIDN'T WANTED TO HURT YOU
>>
>>69315768
But that's not how protection works, you dense motherfucker.
If you put on a medieval armor you can survive being hit with a sword, but you'll still receive the exact same damage if you fall off from a tree, no matter how tough the armor is. Why, you ask? Because your body is hitting against the armour at a certain speed.
There, now you've learned something new, stop defending shit.
>>
>>69316109
They could've had Black Panther have his anti-revenge moment with Tony
>>
>>69315878
literally all youre saying is that you didnt understand a childrens film. that it was too smart for you. i know it sounds like im ignoring what you said and attacking you personally, and youre right. the difference between this and shitposting however is that you think you are in the right and justified in your anger, but youre actually not. im not attacking you because i have a different opinion or because i dont like your race (nigger). im attacking you because you are factually incorrect and keep insisting you have a point. well you dont. he survived because his suit can tank heavier shit than a free fall, and no it doesnt need to be powered for that. theres no super scifi startrek shield system in play. they dont imply he dies because the first thing tony does is check his vitals, they were weak. rhodie didnt do a dance off at the end. he was crippled by this event and it all showed tony that this shit was serious and it wasnt a kids game. so fuck off and be stupid somewhere else
>hurr autism
thanks for proving me right
>>
>>69316082
you think it'll effect dr strange siperman daredevil and all the other capefilms and shows coming out before grapeman?

nope
>>
File: Girls[1].png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls[1].png
490 KB, 449x401
>>69313650
>They will go to earth at one point and the gov will shit on them.

Dr. Strange doesn't give a shit about the government.
>>
>>69316109
If he died that would be Vision and Falcon fault, not theirs.
>>
>>69316169
Then you'd have Zemo "win" full stop.
>>
>>69316157
>medieval armor is the same as the very advanced war machine armor and i cannot comprehend anything stronger
this one is for you too curly >>69316183
>>
>>69316150
you're pulling your punches kiddo
>>
>>69316185
Yes.
>>69316190
Look! He posted it again!
>>
>>69316157
He actually does have a point with that. The shockwave from a nuke alone is enough to kill someone just the same way that a fall from a few hundred feet would. However, it makes sense that they'd have a superhero survive a nuke because of plot armor and intense explosions. It does not make sense that they'd basically show someone die then be like "he didn't die though"
>>
>>69316109
Then it shouldn't have been in the movie, because it was a dramatically shot and potentially weighty scene that was reversed immediately and then reversed even further at the end of the movie.
>>
>>69316239
>basically show someone die then be like "he didn't die though"
didn't happen
>>
they killed nick fury and brought him back with better impact and plot integration

rhodes was lazy writing
>>
>>69316210
How would this make Zemo win?

If Rhodie died, Tony would be max revenge-filled and want literally nothing more than to kill Cap. If he doesn't, Zemo super loses. Tony goes past the point of hulk-rage-fueled-revenge and still turns around and accepts Cap
>>
>>69316229
>what kills you is you body hitting the armour
Did you read what I said at all or are you just pushing buttons with your eyes closes hoping that it'd feel like an argument?
It doens't matter how tough the armor is, you retard, the armor itself kills you when you hit the floor. In fact, the tougher the armor is, the more damage your body receives, so you're only helping my argument.
>>
>>69316183
Ok kid you're not even arguing anymore. I was actually interested in your point at first but you're literally giving me nothing at this point. I've posed the "death beam strong enough to destroy an iron man suit instantly is strong enough to kill someone" and "his suit was compromised" points a bunch of times, not even counting lots of other points I've made, and you've dodged them up to this point, only saying "no you're wrong because I said so" now.

Sorry kid but I've won. Nothing personal, you're just a gay nerd weenieboy
>>
>>69309445
>but why does it have to be so bland?
Because bland movies make money. I mean hell, the greatest movies of all time were successful but they never made as much money as capeshit. So why would they stop making capeshit? It'll take at least another decade before people get tired of it.
>>
>>69316489
>his suit was compromised
it was actually a small gash that just took out his arc reactor
>>
File: 1461588074355.jpg (59 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
1461588074355.jpg
59 KB, 800x480
It's a fucking superhero movie not the godfather you stupid autists, some movies deserve being picked apart but this isn't one of them. It was a good superhero movie. Shut the fuck up and stop arguing like idiotic autists.
>>
>>69316550
Hahaha you think so? I was drunk as shit and in the very front row and even I know that's not true. the beam went from the bottom of his suit to the top, also hitting the reactor, yes, but also hitting everything else too.

Even if you're right
>IT ONLY DESTROYED HIS MAJOR WEAK SPOT THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT WAS COMPROMISED
>>
>>69316185
yes. daredevil isnt superpowered; him, punisher, luke cage and iron fist all use karate. thats not something that would stand out to iron man's scanning for super powers
>>
>>69316150
It was a solid flick yeah.

But this is so true, it was the biggest let down because you knew the stakes weren't going to be very high. Although to be honest at the Cap&Bucky VS Iron Man scene it did feel like someone could die.
>>
>>69309445
I just finished watching the movie, what bothered me it's not even based on the comic book Civil War why they even calling it that?
>>
>>69316489
>death beam strong enough to destroy an iron man suit instantly is strong enough to kill someone
He destroyed his arc, not the whole armor. That same armor took shit from a flame spouting man.
>>
>>69316609
Daredevil has super hearing, far exceeding anything ever seen on Earth

Luke Cage has skin stronger than the Hulk.

You're right about Punisher though, so 1/3
>>
>>69316609
Luke Cage is superpowered, though, even if it's not that much. He could probably take a punch from the Cap and not feel a thing.
>>
>>69316074
I would certainly say it's better. They took the good part of the comics and discarded the bad. The silliest part of the comic was that the heroes were fighting over a difference of opinion. It was like getting into a fistfight over politics. Having Bucky as the catalyst for the major conflict gives it a weight on an emotional level that the comic never had. It actually made sense why they were fighting.
>>
>>69316653
Again, it didn't JUST hit his reactor. Even if it did, you're telling me that's not enough to fuck up a normal human's day?
>>
>>69316645
Because the premise (registraction act and Cap vs Iron Man) are basically the same.
>>
File: wm.jpg (28 KB, 851x358) Image search: [Google]
wm.jpg
28 KB, 851x358
>>
File: wm2.jpg (30 KB, 855x356) Image search: [Google]
wm2.jpg
30 KB, 855x356
>>69316758
>>
>>69316758
>SEE THAT'S NOTHING I'D BE ABLE TO SHRUG IT OFF NO PROBLEM
>>
>>69316576
>Why won't you faggots eat your own shit, it's pretty much the same thing as this tasty food you ate earlier just a little bit different

Oh you're right, despite Marvel having made good movies in the past, most noticeably the movie this is a sequel to, we should just be happy with whatever even if it is the laziest thing ever put to screen.
>>
>>69312823
>did anyone quip

i saw it last night and it was wall to wall humor until the last fight .... and the terror bombing

ws was better
>>
>>69316414
once again i have to bring up the fact that these suits can withstand REALLY tough hits and that they dont require power to do protect. so, instead of insisting you are correct, how about you get mad that tony didnt get liquefied when he got knocked around by thor. or if you insist on saying falling is somehow worse than something like a tank shell, its not the first time theyve fallen from the sky. in ironman one tony got hit by a tank shell while he was flying and fell straight down and crashed. in his very first suit he free falled and survived. in ironman 3 he also free falled, with no power, onto a moving truck and survived. either accept that you are wrong or go bitch somewhere where people are as dumb as you

>>69316605
>i was impaired yet i still think im right on all these wrong points
ever stop to think about your fucking actions?
>>
>>69316806
>implying you can see anything in this picture besides a huge molten gash going all the way up his torso

This doesn't prove anything but it does lean in my favor. Thanks buddy, I didn't feel like getting the images myself
>>
>>69309445
I didn't like the fight at the airport because everyone was being a little too friendly. It makes sense for Spider-Man and Ant-Man to be humorous because it's in their personalities and because they had no connection to anyone they were fighting being newcomers. But if Hawkeye and Black Widow are still friends, why are they fighting each other in the first place?
>>
>>69316718
>>69316758
>>69316806
>>69316811
>>69316879
take a closer look at this small gash that ONLY took out his arc reactor. it didnt do shit to him because he was still conscious but confused while he was falling
>>69316877
>>
>>69316877
Lmao, again, it shows the gash hitting MUCH more than just the reactor. Literally so much that the image isn't big enough to show it all, and it wraps around to the other side of his body.

Also, the one thing you're not getting, which is HUGE to how things go in comics
>what's convenient to the plot at the time
>plot armor
It made sense for Tony to survive those scenes because he had to survive them. It didn't make sense for Rhodie to survive because he didn't have to survive them and the scene was ONLY there for emotional impact, which they took the impact away almost immediately, making the scene worthless

THIS ^^^^^ is what I have a problem with
>>
>>69316939
Dude you look at the picture. It OBVIOUSLY shows that MUCH MORE than his reactor got hit. And have you ever been hurt fatally/seen someone get hurt fatally?

You can get your entire arm chopped off and it wouldn't start bleeding for a few seconds if it came off fast enough. Shock and adrenaline are crazy shit and will keep you alive through almost anything aside from decapitation/being completely obliterated
>>
>>69316877
Once again I have to bring up the fact that the resistance/toughness of the suit has literally ZERO relevance on the damage your body receives from falling. Zero. None. Nada. Stop repeating that nonsense.

And yes, the other moments in which they fall against things should have killed any of them because the armor doens't protect them from falling damage, but I don't see how bringing up the other times this has been badly done has anythign to do with being badly done once more.
>>
>>69315980
Yo dumbass obviously haven't seen AoU. Sweet lordy Jesus.
>>
File: wm3.png (77 KB, 720x552) Image search: [Google]
wm3.png
77 KB, 720x552
>>69316811
>>69316879
>>
>>69316877
Also, all this you said about people falling in Iron Man suits in other movies only furthers my point. Amount of damaged received is inconsistent in these movies and changes to suit the scene. If Tony did the same thing in the first IM but also got hit by a tank shell and just walked off from it, why didn't Rhodie walk off in this scene? Because Tony had to get back because of the plot. Again, plot armor is what saved him. In this scene, Rhodie had absolutely zero plot armor. In fact he had negative plot armor. He should have died. This is the problem I have with the scene.

Does this make sense to you yet? I feel like I'm getting closer to explaining my gripe as clearly as I can but I can keep trying if you want
>>
The Marvel Studios fandom is full of generic cunts who try to seem quirky and unique by identifying heavily with a slightly offbeat fandom such as the Marvel Cinematic Universe "But wait, that's actually incredibly mainstream and not offbeat at all!" you say. And you're right. But actual offbeat things don't give as much 'nerd' cred, and these things have more creative value than reality TV so people on Tumblr can make posts such as "Why are all girls nowadays such idiots who watch Jersey Shore? I'm very unique because I like nerdy intelligent stuff like Iron Man 3, and I like quirky men like Tom Hiddleston and Mark Ruffalo teehee, look at this repeating gif of 0.5 seconds of Loki doing a thing with his face and a theory about how all the Marvel movies are connected and Thanos is going to collect all the Infinity Gems except in the movies none of them are really "gems" at all and here is some fanart of all the Avengers gender swapped and with less sexist costumes and they all have the exact same fucking face with that bulbous red nose also did you know that I am a girl who likes superheroes I know it's hard to believe but it is true I AM AN AVENGERS look at this gif of Tony Stark raising his eyebrow, anyway The Avengers is sexist because Black Widow's costume is too tight and unrealistic for a special agent so here is a redesign of her in figure hiding combat fatigues because I am progressive. Does anyone else think that Hulk and Iron Man would make a good couple? TEE HEE I LOVE GAYS BECAUSE I AM SO TOTALLY NOT HOMOPHOBIC EVEN THOUGH I TREAT GAYS AS AN AMUSING NOVELTY Rocket Racoon for president!"
>>
>>69317206
see>>69316104
On your left
>>
>>69316933
why did those soldiers come out of their holes to play football on Christmas?
>>
>>69317209
When the laser destroyed his reactor he was still behind it, it only touched that part.
>>
>>69317209
I can barely even tell what this is a picture of. This is your big saving argument? A blurry picture and a line drawn in ms paint?
>>
>>69316933
>But if Hawkeye and Black Widow are still friends, why are they fighting each other in the first place?
She was a double agent.
>>
>>69317013
>>69317090
theres really nothing i can say to you shitposters. youre both wrong, the other guy was drunk and cant even remember the movie so he got mad that shit didnt make sense, the second guy im going to assume is simply stupid or the first guy samefagging. no one will ever take your side because youre both completely wrong

>>69317186
>>69317223
>suit protected them before from free falls and have proven to work in this way in this universe
>but only this time its bad and dumb and rhodie shouldve died because i hate black people/want cheap shitty drama that i wouldve complained about if it had actually happened
go home and be a family man
>>
File: JUST.png (21 KB, 155x59) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
21 KB, 155x59
>>69314458
Wait,why baldstark posting is not a thing?
>>
>>69317342
Again: if Rhodie was crippled this time, why wasn't Tony and of the times he fell?

The fact that Rhodie was hurt even a little by this proves that this scene is retarded from either of our viewpoints
>>
>>69317342
>you're wrong because I said so
>literally providing 0 evidence outside of blurry screenrips and mspaint drawings you got your 6 year old handicap cousin to draw (hopefully that isn't your artwork)
>>
>>69309445
>consequence
empirestrikesback cutluke's hand off, put han-on-ice

wrathofkhan kills spock

consequences add so much to making goat movies
>>
>>69317342
>suit protected them before from free falls and have proven to work in this way in this universe
>that's why everybody and their parents is scared shitless the instant he starts falling, because he's well protected
>>
>>69316675
daredevil's super hearing wouldnt be as noticeable as say, spiderman swinging through the city you know?
>>
>>69317494
>that's why everybody and their parents is scared shitless the instant he starts falling, because he's well protected
Or because shit got real?
>literally providing 0 evidence outside of blurry screenrips
You forgot screencaps from the fucking hd trailer in which you can see the laser only touched that part.
>>
>>69317458
>crisp and clean image from official trailer is a blurry camrip and an mspaint drawing
you have transcended drunk and gone straight to retarded
>>
Just saw this flick

Literally filler the movie
>>
>>69317550
>or because shit got real?
And it go real maybe because someone was in mortal danger?
>Implying I'm the same guy posting the screenrips
You've been arguing with two or three different people callling out on your bullshit for a while now, anon
>>
>>69317686
>Implying I'm the same guy posting the screenrips
he didnt do that at all
>>
>>69309445
I really wanted to go to theaters tomorrow until the leak got out, the movie really felt like a rehash, the tweest was sorta interesting though
>>
>>69317680
>flick
why don't you make your own films
>>
>>69317735
the movie was 4/10 but spiderman was worth it alone
>>
>>69317550
>literally providing 0 evidence outside of blurry screenrips
>>69317723
>he didnt do that at all

ok
>>
if they had a scene with tony stark talking on a phone asking 'DEAD who?' (referencing deadpool without legally referencing him)
could fox sue?
>>
I'm tired of discussing this crap, it's all shitpost and a retarded posting in bloq mayus, fuck off if you don't want to read and focus only on the quality of the screencap.
>>
>>69317802
he quoting this other idiot >>69317458
that implies youre dumb too by the way
>>
So what happened to Cap's shield at the end? Did he go back for it before rescuing his friends? Did Tony take it? Is it still in the facility?
>>
>>69315254
>falls hundreds of feet
The suit has Inertial dampening systems, gyroscopic stabilization systems and impact absorbing gel panels;
>>
>>69317555
Again, that image shows much more damage than just on the arc reactor

Again, that's more than enough to be able to tear through skin
>>
>>69318101
See
>>69317494
and>>69317686
and>>69317385
>>
>>69318039
they showed what happened in jessica jones. simpson, now fully drugged up and tattooed and codenamed nuke was given the shield by ross. hes going to be the new "captain america". it'll eventually be revealed that hes a clone or descendant of steve, since nuke was his son in the comics
>>
>>69318104
>Again, that image shows much more damage than just on the arc reactor
You are blind, it's fucking obvious here >>69317209 that it only affects the reactor, WM is still behind it before he got hit.
>>
>>69318188
>it's obvious here in this blurry screenrip accompanied by an mspaint line and a dot
>>
>>69318104
>>69318218
>>69318132
>Again, that image shows much more damage than just on the arc reacto
its LITERALLY restricted to just the arc reactor plus the thin mark from where it hit him at and cut just barely deep enough to hit it. it didnt tear through skin. rhodie was damaged by the fall and that was just his spine. stop making dumb assumptions over what you saw when you were drunk. do you think its just one person calling you out on being stupid? cause it aint just me calling you dumb. people who've seen the movie know youre a fucking idiot
>im not the drunk guy
>im someone else
fantastic, youre as stupid as someone who was drunk off his ass. congrats
>>
File: Slut.gif (3 MB, 294x238) Image search: [Google]
Slut.gif
3 MB, 294x238
>>69318165
>TV shows
>Canon
>>
>>69317385
>Iron Man 1
Fell in the sand, a few meters from ground.
>Avengers
Hulk got him.
>The rest
Nothing
You also forgot that the explosion of the giant reactor in the first one NEARLY killed him.
>>
>>69313062
Go watch Iron Man 3 you stupid fuck, he had the arc reactor taken out and his heart fixed.
>>
>>69318165
this guy really looks like a less perfect chris evans
>>
>>69313255

Right? Its like people think Civil War is highly praised or something. Comic fans and casuals alike know it's dog shit. Civil War was ambiguous fluff. The movie managed to avoid the senselessness of it.
>>
File: Simpson-fights-Jones-Chair.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Simpson-fights-Jones-Chair.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
>>69318395
that's why he was chosen
>>
Ross is Loki right? He died of a heart attack and Loki became a bigshot
>>
>>69309445
>the end leaves me feeling there was zero consequence to the whole plot.
But Zemo won.
>>
>>69309445
>Most anti-climatic ending ever
Not everyone ended up where they started, so no, it really wasn't.
>>
>>69316825
Did you not read my post? Temper your expectations and nitpicking to the type of movie you're seeing. There's not going to be something like a godfather baptism scene in a comic book movie you fucking idiot. Learn to enjoy things for what they are, or you can continue having absurd fits over movies aimed at a general audience. If I could have a nickel for every time I've heard that retarded shit eating analogy I'd be the one producing movies.
>>
>>69319062
Replace "Ross" with "Odin" and you're there.
Dark World was a pretty good Loki movie.
>>
>>69319166
Thanks for the wisdom, shit for brains. I'm saying it's not a good comic book movie.
>>
File: 12347382893936277.jpg (200 KB, 718x1210) Image search: [Google]
12347382893936277.jpg
200 KB, 718x1210
Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Civil War or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.
>>
>>69319166
What kind of dumb defense is that? It's not the Godfather! Who cares, a movie suddenly doesn't become good because it is attended towards a certain audience.
>>
>>69319339
>When Raimi's Spider-Man
>offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes
You know this pasta is shit when it praises a formulaic trilogy.
>>
>>69309445
>All of the battles felt like kids playing in their backyard.
This.
Also, the movie was too fucking long. Spider-Man, Ant-man and half of the cast are serving no actual purpose and just there because they were in other movies (or will be in next ones).
>>
>>69309554
>the only way to add some weight to the story is to kill a character
Nice strawman here, faggot.
>>
>>69319632
It's still better than any captain america/thor/new avenger flick. Spiderman had it's dumb moments but it actually felt like a movie, marvel movies now are just a quipfest with no tension. I mean I get the meme that dc tries to be edgy and dark but when your superheroes fight in a mall in broad daylight or in parking lot you might want to reconsider.
"Give me back my rhoney!"
>>
File: image.jpg (442 KB, 709x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
442 KB, 709x1000
>>69309445
>>How can they take an iconic story from the comics and dumb it down
>saying this about civil war
Holy shit, DCuck please. This is getting pathetic
>>
Completely agree that there felt like there was nothing at stake and zero consequences for anything.

Cap had no real character development at all besides "muh friend" Which is fine and could have worked really well if they tied it together with the previous two movies. Maybe have some scenes with Cap and Bucky doing hero shit back in WW2. Maybe have some other GI's get killed saving them, taking a bullet, jumping on a grenade etc. use the trope on how soldiers didn't fight for their country but instead for the men beside them. Use this reason to sell us on why Cap won't give up on Bucky, and if they really want it to hit it home have Cap die saving him.

I donno, more story would have been nice.
>>
>>69316627
That was the point. The airport fight wasn't a fight to the death of course they were holding back. Vision And SW could have taken everyone out if they chose to.
>>
>>69309445
So they're suppose to condense 2 years of comic plot spanning several different titles and a few hundred comics into a 2 and a half hour movie? Cap didn't die because they didn't want to waste 200 million on a single movie explaining how he wasn't really dead or how they planned to bring them back and they didn't want to waste half of infinity wars part1 just on caps resurrection. It's called priorities dude.
>>
>>69323954
Why not leave Evans entirely dead and have Stan take his place? The rest of Evans's contract films could be flashbacks. Would be legitimately shocking, and BP and Bucky could have broken everyone else out of prison. Tony has to deal with killing Cap.
But that could only happen in a real movie, like they used to make back in 2008.
>>
>>69324277
Considering that Evans has become the posterchild of the franchise, yeah no.
>>
>>69313650
>Panther is part of the UN pannel now, he will have to agree with the accords or fuck off.
He's also the King of Wakanda now, with access to technology and weapons so mind blowingly advanced that wakanda could BTFO the entire rest of the UN. I'd say T'challa has some major power to negotiate.
>>
Civil War was a shit story. Fuck off.
>>
>>69309445
>How can they take an iconic story from the comics
It's iconic for all the wrong reasons
>>
>>69309445
Cap is an outlaw now, how's that for consequence?
>>
File: 1462436176411.jpg (73 KB, 556x636) Image search: [Google]
1462436176411.jpg
73 KB, 556x636
>>69315308
Shit breh, you're so legit swag rad. Sailor Jerry's ftw muh dude, a haha asuh.
>>
>I'm going to kill you cause you killed my fsmoly
>no, I'm going to kill you cause you killed my family
>while you were killing each other you killed my family, now I'm going to kill yo all

Every marvel plot, 10/10 movie, 1 billion dlls here we come
>>
>>69325815
>tell that maria starkĀ“s snapped neck
>>
>>69325859
>the rain assaults the ground
>>
>>69325899
>A-am I acting? I-I think I'm acting. Is this how robots act?
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.