[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The meat of the movie – the badass, over-the-top action –
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Sucker_Punch_image-24.jpg (2 MB, 6048x4032) Image search: [Google]
Sucker_Punch_image-24.jpg
2 MB, 6048x4032
The meat of the movie – the badass, over-the-top action – is widely thought to take away from the movie’s premise. These, however, are brilliant metaphors for what was going on in reality. Remember that Dr. Gorski’s brand of therapy relies heavily on role-playing, and that it takes place in her theater.

Almost each of Babydoll’s performances, then, is a role-playing session with Dr. Gorski. What does Babydoll show in her performances? Violent tendencies and the willpower to achieve her goals, but also compassion for the people she values and a strong sense of responsibility. She never kills people in her fantasies; only monsters and robots. This alone casts doubt on her ability to kill her sister. This makes her an intriguing subject for Gorski, who unfortunately isn’t given the time to consult and save this possibly innocent little girl.

The one performance in which Gorski isn’t present – the one in the kitchen – happens to be Babydoll’s only incriminating “dance”. Something falls short without the psychiatrist’s guidance; in fact, it is in the subsequent action scene in the train where the wise man doesn’t give advice applicable to everyday life. As a result, things fall apart and two people die. We can even see another parallelism here: with Gorski as the mother figure suddenly absent, the entire plan crumbles.

Tell me that isn’t a smart movie.
>>
>>69274058
Shut the fuck up, retard
>>
>>69274058
You're an idiot and Emily Brown is ugly.
>>
>>69274058
> Tell me that isn’t a smart movie.
it isn't a smart movie
>>
>>69274058
I even like Snyder and this is the worst shit.
>>
>>69274113
Such intelligent discussion as expected from /tv/
>>
>>69274058

>Sacrifice yourself so that some retard can get out of the asylum
>Bus driver gives her a free ride
>Some message about 'fighting'
>WE NEVER LEARN WHY SHE WAS IN THE ASYLUM

Basically they let loose a psychopath and people will die because of it

I don't care what you say, the movie is shit
>>
>>69274058
That may be the case, but the fact remains that the action is over the top and kinda drowns out any other aspect the movie might have. Hard to see a decent theme past hordes of CGI samurai and junk
>>
>>69274058

>BvSfags are now pretending Snyder's other movies are good to justify their garbage taste

Face it, he's a third rate Nolan, and Nolan isn't too great to begin with.
>>
>>69274201
And you are a gay fucking faggot.
>>
its snyders only worthwhile contribution to cinema. it plays to his strengths and it also even manages to turn a lot of his weaknesses into assets within the context of the movie and its purpose, and he's even self-aware about it; wise man character. its not a masterpiece and hes still a fucking idiot but my man hack snyder is actually redpilled as fuck on women. its also hilarious to see 96% of the audience get 2deep4u'd by a literal fucking retard.

im not even baiting.
>>
>>69274058
The movie was total shit, not smart at all.

I don't remember exactly what happened, but that guy shot one of the girls in the strip club scenario, then basically said "but we don't like snitches around here" and shot the girl who gave him the info. Saw it in the cinema, burst out laughing.

Also
>it's not my story, it's yours
Holy fucking moly, genius!
>>
Who is the best choice for Lara Croft and why is it Emily Browning?
>>
>>69274058
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQm1rBqh53Y

is the directors cut better?

I really enjoy some aspects of Snyder's work, the manhattan backstory is his best work, but it's irritating to see Snyder get really interesting pictorial shots, but most of his narratives feel completely bogged down and muddled
>>
>>69274627
what dont you people understand about lara having tits
>>
>>69274638
The blu-ray extended cut is better. Its ~20 minutes longer, restores a major musical sequence, major action sqeuences, and fleshes out the story and characters to make the overall theme clearer

Worth noting is that its not Snyders directors cut. That cut is more subversive and focuses more on the musical elements. He apparently finished it and is waiting on an opportunity to have it released.
>>
>>69274058
the movie is just action, fun, and cute girls, and is very good at that

you're just embarrassing yourself trying to make this a meme. it was painful for BvS, and is beyond retarded for this one.
>>
I DARE you to try and name a worse fanbase on /tv/ than fucking Snyderbots
>>
>>69274686
That it is 2016 and not 2008.
>>
File: 1458856804573.jpg (276 KB, 1656x1009) Image search: [Google]
1458856804573.jpg
276 KB, 1656x1009
>>69274058
>Snyderlards so emotionally destroyed they're now lashing out over their wrecked anuses and trying to defend diarrhea like Suckerpunch.
You can't make up this shit. This board is full of mental patients and neglected fatties trying desperately and unknowingly to outsad each other.
>>
>>69274812
got fan boys
>>
>>69274812
fuck off weasel

Many of us posters are trying to return ACTUAL DISCUSSION to /tv/

A new Snyder film being released is an occasion, just as it is when Paul Thomas Anderson releases a new work, or when Terrence Malick does. Some of us value directors with SUBSTANCE.
>>
>>69274923
well done, haven't laughed at anything in a while, but this one hit all the right notes, good job
>>
>>69275011
Nothing funny about fighting for intellectual discussion
>>
>>69274899
>You can't make up this shit

apparently (you) can. this lame forced meme has to die.
>>
notice how literally no one can argue against the analysis
>>
>>69275871
>he doesn't realize that just because a movie has an interesting subtext doesn't make it good
>he doesn't realize that narrative and plot flow matter a lot more than subtext

I'll give you than snyder does make movies with some interesting bits of dialectic going on in them, he just does a really bad job and getting his movie to work.

it's like a sports coach that will work out a brilliant scheme week-in and week-out only to never train his players at all for the game
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.