[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I watch this with the japanese audio or the english dub?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Should I watch this with the japanese audio or the english dub? which is better?
>>
Having seen some anime in my time I'm of the opinion that 99% of the time the sub is better.

But to keep up my facade. Fuck watching gay ass anime go watch some Kurosawa instead TRU JAP KINO
>>
>Memeazaki

Don't watch it at all
>>
IIRC the soundtrack was changed for the english dub.
>>
>>69273406
usually the sub is better but the problem here is that the soundtrack was redone for the english dub and apparently theres extra dialogue and what not which is why im asking
>>
Always watch with the original language, remastered soundtrack or not.
>>
>dubs
>>
>>69273328
Watch both and present us with a paper on the merits and criticisms of both versions.
>>
You should always watch everything in its original language except for some rare exceptions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLmsVBgZiak
>>
>>69273836
You must have 10 sources cited in MLA format
>>
>>69273328
Subs are almost always better.

But this particular movie has a decent dub. Mark hamill voices the villain and he just sounds like a dickish Luke Skywalker which I got a huge kick out of.

I think with some of these older anime where characters don't have insane obnoxious reaction to everything it's less cringy in English than some modern stuff is. So whichever OP. But typically just watch subs.
>>
>>69273328
Miyazaki took so much influence from Disney films he would probably tell you to watch the dub if you asked him in person. Also, they always get a listers for the movies.
>>
>>69274129
>Miyazaki took so much influence from Disney films
First time I've heard of this.

And even if he did tell people to watch the dubs, it would still be bad advice.
>>
>>69274241
this video is kino watch it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52raDbtNpa4
>>
>>69275151
I watched it some months ago. Are you referring to this:
>Always admiring the early works of Disney for their technical abilities, but thought their emotional depictions were far too simplistic.
Not exactly "taking so much influence."

Also this guy is hilariously wrong when he says his movies are a combination of "skill and profiency of Western animators" and "an approach of Eastern sensibility."
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.