[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Do you ecshpect me to tolk? >No Mister Bond I expect you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 03-goldfinger-laser.jpg (92 KB, 719x438) Image search: [Google]
03-goldfinger-laser.jpg
92 KB, 719x438
>Do you ecshpect me to tolk?
>No Mister Bond I expect you to die!

Why do people like this line so much? It seems so lame, but people act like this was a 10/10 roast a nigga comeback.
>>
So basically

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>69266881
It was a product of the time. Films back then weren't ultra violent and blunt like they are now.

So, when bond was entrapped in this device, Bond was trying to quip that he knew that Goldfinger was trying to scare him into talking, and Goldfinger replies informing, on the contrary, that he just wants him dead

This was edgelord dialogue back in the 60s. I have no idea why people still act like this line is great today, but that's the reason why it's a classic line.
>>
>>69267042
It's still a cold blooded death sentence by a suave villain. Perfect delivery too.
>>
>>69267221
To add on this why is Goldfinger (both the movie and the actor) so literally perfect bros?
>>
>>69267272
There's an episode of Antiques Roadshow in which the voice instructor for Gert Frobe showed up with a film script and she explained how she instructed him to deliver basically all of his lines because of course he was German and didn't know much English. Apparently his original plan was to deliver that line maniacally but she insisted he say it normally so he did.
>>
>>69266881
Because have how well Blofeld evokes Orson Welles in that line.
>>69267272
He's a tanoshii meme lord
>>
It's also somewhat interesting because it's really the first time in Bond history that Bond is absolutely fucked. There were two or three movies before this one where Bond is never at a loss, where he's constantly a judo-chopping martini-sipping tuxedo-wearing wonderman who nobody gets the drop on.

In this scene, for the first time, Bond is out of tricks and out of options. He's actually desperate. The only way he avoids being killed is by basically telling Goldfinger he knows about his evil plan and what's wrong with it, and how he can fix it. He begs to help the villain because it's the last card he's got left to play. That was revolutionary too.
>>
awperashiun grand shlam fer inshtansh
>>
>>69266881

>10/10 roast a nigga comeback.

I'm sick of this fucking OHHHHHHHH meme when someone fires an insult. Shit is so annoying. It stifles banter when brain dead idiots feel the need to inject their moans as if they're clever by proxy.
>>
>>69266881
It was a subversion of expectations. Literally everybody thought he expected him to talk
>>
From Russia>Goldfinger
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.