[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you showed this video to George Lucas in 1977, what would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: Stormtroopers Got Talent.png (1 MB, 1280x681) Image search: [Google]
Stormtroopers Got Talent.png
1 MB, 1280x681
If you showed this video to George Lucas in 1977, what would he say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax7tmaYObIQ
>>
>>69263914
>people will buy those suits in the future? i have to license that shit
>>
>"Am I making money out of this?"
>>
>>69263914
Star Wars isn't retarded enough, I better get on that.
>>
>>69263914
Even in 1977 he'd think them doing Gangnam Style was out of date
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMVrMP8us6Q

^this is George Lucas approved

there is an entire season of this shit sitting in his vault
>>
>>69264147
TF is this horseshit
>>
He never gave a fuck about the integrity of his brand.
>>
>>69263914
>british television

jesus christ
>>
>>69264269
George's vision about the future of star wars

They made an entire season but it never got released cause George sold the franchise
>>
>>69264377
>77
>Star Wars released in 1977
>>
>>69264486
I'd still take it over Marvel War: The Force Awakens and "I Rebel" any day of the week desu
>>
>>69264542
It's like pottery, it rhymes
>>
>>69263977
>"No."
>>
>>69263969
>>69263977
>le greedy lucas man
Meanwhile Disney has gone full Space Balls Moichindising but in real life.
>>
>>69265199
>Meanwhile Disney has gone full Space Balls Moichindising but in real life.
Is the implication here that Star Wars hasn't always been super fucking merchandized?
>>
>>69265199
Lucas is a honorary kike he loves money

just take a look at this >>69264147
>>
>>69265296
Of course not. There's a difference between being a good business man, but still a creatively motivated person, which is what Lucas was, and Disney which is just going to flood the market with yearly Star Wars movies and dilute the brand with no creative or artistic aspirations whatsoever.

Lucas liked his money, no doubt, but I don't think anyone could say that he didn't have some sense of artistic integrity (twisted as it may be), at least in regards to mainline movies, unless they were profoundly ignorant.
>>
>>69265296
I think Disney is the only entity that can outkike Lucas. It's a close race though, you're correct.
>>
>>69266086
George wasn't even that big of a kike when you think about it. With how big Star Wars was, he could have milked that shit a lot more actively than he did. We could have easily had a constant barrage of low effort flicks and been on episode 30 by if he really wanted to. He struck a reasonable balance.

Disney has got Lucas beat in terms of pure milking ability by a long shot, since he lacks the cold dispassionate mega corp mentality. The only way they come close is if it's Disney while Walt was still in charge, since they were both aspie auteur sperglords who also loved money.
>>
>>69266607
>We could have easily had a constant barrage of low effort flicks and been on episode 30 by if he really wanted to
That would have burned out the franchise. George isn't stupid.
>>
>>69266903
And it would have made tons of money. That's what Disney is doing with the MCU and Star Wars now. Is Disney stupid? No, they're just your standard corporate locust. That's the point I was making, that Lucas' and Disney are two entirely different animals in regards to greed.
>>
>>69263914
and people say america is stupid
>>
>>69263914
He would re-imagine it as CGI.
>>
>>69267043
>making money is bad
>>
>>69264147
this is canon
>>
>>69267266
No, making money is great. Being kikes about it less so. Especially in regards to the arts. Lucas/Walt Disney managed to strike a balance of mega bucks and some passion for their craft, maybe modern day Disney should as well.
>>
>using licensed characters in your act

have fun with Disney's lawyers.
>>
>>69264147
this is essentially family guy and robot chicken levels of humor
you shouldnt really be so surprised.
>>
Star wars was Lucas' baby, she was a pretty girl that was popular and everyone liked, then he sold her off to her new pimp Disney who plans to get her to whore herself out until she dies from stds. I wonder how Lucas feels about this.
>>
>>69263914
What if you showed it to Kurosawa in 1957?
>>
>>69263914
Whatever he said about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_xJqkzngBI
>>
>>69268135
Is it bad If I genuinely enjoy listening to this?
>>
>>69267754
Given his white slavers comment about Disney, how he didn't like that TFA was just a shameless rehash, how his kids said that he was having a really hard time letting go of the property after the sale, and was working on his treatments that he wanted Disney to use a ton, and how Disney basically ignored any input he gave to the point where he described him and Star Wars as being like a bad break up...

I'd have to say that he probably is pretty sad about the whole thing, and tries to not think about Star Wars as much as possible. For some reason he thought it would be different under Disney. But you can see in his face, him echoing Anakin's sentiment of "...what have I done" after windu went out the window.
>>
>>69267043
It would have for a bit, but it would have burned out thr franchise. George was thinking long term. He's not an idiot. Why make a ton of movies that would require effort when you can just make everybody else do the work and make bank off the liscensing?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.