[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I do not in the least get when people say this doesn't quite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Farscape_still4.jpg (1 MB, 5982x3874) Image search: [Google]
Farscape_still4.jpg
1 MB, 5982x3874
I do not in the least get when people say this doesn't quite hold up. Re-watching season 3 and there is just so much to enjoy in the episodes, all the little character interactions.
>>
it totally holds up, some of the best design and make up effects.
>>
>>69253918
But the characters, I was a teenager when I watched the series originally and even skipped a couple of episodes in the series. I did not appreciate how great of a main character John Crichton is, how far removed he is from the typical Science fiction either badass commander or generic moral character. He's just simply himself
>>
>>69254071
it's true
>>
I never got into this show because there wasn't enough lore.
>>
It's usually hard for me to rewatch an entire TV series, feels like a waste of time mostly. But for Farscape, I'd gladly do it.
>>
>>69254191
>muh lore
who gives a shit

Unlike other sci-fi shows Farscape was too busy actually developing its characters and story to worry about dumb things like lore or technobabble
>>
>>69254191
I thought this was both a good and bad thing. John Crichton's introduction as a modern astronaut into the region of space is the best science fiction series opening, I have ever seen. His take is limited and the information seems sketchy and confused by pretty much ever character, for example Jool knows what Peacekeepers are, but not Luxans or Hynerians. The viewer runs into this situation throughout the series, which seems to imply most species are focused on their own regions and affairs and there is very little in the way of centralization of information, the Peacekeepers as a large mercenary/imperial force and the Scarrans seem to be one of the only means by which the different species at large interact,

Otherwise, you are right there is not quite enough actual lore, and while the series was good, there is no reason for a continuation. A reboot or a series with a similar plot device would potentially be interesting.
>>
File: Farscape S04E07-3.webm (3 MB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
Farscape S04E07-3.webm
3 MB, 1440x810
>>69253843
>doesn't quite hold up
who says this? I'll fight them
>>
>>69254679
The lack of lore is what gives the Farscape universe its mystery and sense of danger, we're supposed to know as much as John Crichton knows, which isn't much.

If they had injected a shit-ton of background info it would have ruined it, just fill in the blanks using... what's it called? Your Imagination
>>
>>69254879
when every single alien is always totally unique and there doesn't seem to be any kind of races then you're not even given the opportunity to imagine a lore because its cleary they just make up a bunch of wacky costumes.
>>
I wanted to fuck that bald blue milf.
>>
>>69255007
Everyone did, even in the series everyone did
>>
>>69254968
It's not "clearly" anything, which is the point. If you can't imagine anything beyond "a bunch of wacky costumes" that's your problem
>>
File: Farscape.S03E12-1.webm (1 MB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Farscape.S03E12-1.webm
1 MB, 512x384
>>69255007
There aren't many female characters on that show I didn't want to fuck, though I fantasized about Aeryn the most
>>
>>69255495
I swear this women made my body start puberty.
>>
>>69255495
Aeryn always made me confused, some episodes she seemed really hot, like season one where she was emotionally aloof and had that dark brown hair (her natural hair color?) she seemed really hot. When they deliberately tried to make her sexy it turned me off completely, and I found Claudia Black hideous in SG-1
>>
File: Farscape S01E12 Part 2.webm (2 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Farscape S01E12 Part 2.webm
2 MB, 1440x1080
>>69255637
Claudia has a unique look (and boner-inducing voice) which I find appealing but she definitely didn't age well. Just compare how she looks in season 1 of Farscape to season 4, she looks like she aged 10 years. And yeah, on SG1 she wasn't hot at all
>>
>>69255828
Yeah, it is interesting though how old the cast is when they started, something about modern casting usually ends up with relatively young actors even playing characters of high authority
>>
>>69256175
Seriously, why do so many characters in recent sci-fi/fantasy shows look fresh outta high school? What happened to casting seasoned actors?
>>
Adore the show but cloning Chriton was a mistake
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.