[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his fucking problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: brigham.jpg (34 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
brigham.jpg
34 KB, 630x354
What was his fucking problem?
>>
>>69235848
OMFG I AM LITERALLY ON THAT SCENE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

shit, he's just doing his job... as a general...

>Are you blackmailing me major?
>>
>>69235885
oh snap hicks in this... this movie is good?
>>
.... wait what the hell was the generals problem?
>>
In England, General Brigham, head of the UDF, orders Major William Cage, a public affairs officer with no combat experience, to cover Operation Downfall, the next day's massive amphibious assault on France. Cage objects to the dangerous assignment and threatens to put the blame on Brigham if the landing fails.
>>
Wait what the fuck is the GENERALS PROBLEMS?!
>>
>>69235977
he didn't want to do coverage of the assault, therefore no good record of his triumphant victory as general and savior of human race
>>
>>69236220
OH... I guess... I am at the part with the biologist and the alpha is revealed.

this is maybe the best sci-fi movie I have EVER seen .
>>
>>69235923
Edge of Tomorrow is absolutely based. One of the most underrated movies of the past 5 or 6 years.
>>
>>69235923
yes
>>
>>69236890
ITS ONLY HALF WAY THROUG HI HAVE NEVER NERD LAUGH GASMED FUCKING FLIPPED MY SHIT LIKE THIS IN MY FUCKING LIIIIIIIIFE
>>
>>69237012
IT'S ONLY HALF WAY THROUGH!!!!!!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GccGbdLqTmQ

it's like this was a movie by Bill and ted's Bogus adventure.
>>
>>69236782
That's stretching it, but it is very well cut.
>>
Hey, sarge! The new guy...
What's his name again?
>>
>>69237231
RIGHT?!
>>
>>69237258
Best scene imo
>>
Who the female acting equivalent of Brendan Gleeson?
>>
>>69237215
really?

What is better? I mean I may not be the best expert at Sci-Fi, I have only seen MST2K, BSG, Bablyon 5, all the star treks, except for Enterprise fully, every Star Wars, cept a bunch of the Clone wars cartoon, all the roughnecks, a lot of warhammer 40k, and starcraft, and I haven't gotten that much into all of Asimov's books but I've read the major ones except iRobot, I liked Philip K. Dick books better, and 2001 I liked the final book the best.

but yeah, what is the better Sci-fi movie?
>>
>>69237326
That's not how things work.... he's like mid-tier actor, like Jason Bournes commanding CO.
>>
File: operator as fuck.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
operator as fuck.png
1 MB, 1366x768
WHAT DUH...
>>
THE MOVIE COULD BE HALF AS LONG AND STILL THE GREATEST MOVIE I EVER SAW!
>>
File: 1456309584845.jpg (11 KB, 664x441) Image search: [Google]
1456309584845.jpg
11 KB, 664x441
>Find me when you wake up
>>
I would love if there was a version of just the final day, just that. None of the other exposition. like as a sequel. I mean the Exo-Armor is probably one of the gretest gimmicks in movie history, and this movie nails it down so perfectly, except the movment.

I mean even COD has gotten rid of Exo-Armor like it's a thing we'd use for like 10 years, then discard for amputation.
>>
>>69237327
Blade runner?
Alien?

Edge is teally good as a movie, though the end is a bit weaker than the rest. It's very well cut - much better than groundhog day.
>>
shitty writing, based maybe on libural believes who the "man" is always some evil psycho

>>69236890
it's amazingly good, like matrix good. I was disappointed how /tv/ failed to inform me on it
>>
File: nance.jpg (109 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
nance.jpg
109 KB, 1440x1080
NYANHA

JINX, BITCH
>>
>>69237427
Blade Runner is full of Visual over content, the fucking book is 10x the movie, read it, you'll fucking LOVE it.

Alien is the protoype of the modern Slasher film, so that's how amazing it is.

But this is by far the best time travel movie ever done.

do you hate groundhog day? is that it?
>>
>>69237441
>shitty writing, based maybe on libural believes who the "man" is always some evil psycho
Pretty much this. There was absolutely zero reason for him to send Cruise's character out like that, knowing he was going to be straight up murdered.

It's just bad writing. GREAT movie though.
>>
File: oi mate.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
oi mate.png
1 MB, 1366x768
OI MATE

I THINK THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR CHUTE
>>
>>69237514
I like to think that there is something to do with the aliens having an infinite amount of times to manipulate things perfectly to sort of make this happen.
>>
How come /tv/ will emem the hell out of Bane but not this?

Can we make this the /tv/ defining meme?
>>
Oh shit. Him waking up after the car crash I am flipping the fuck out, this is so fucking good.

oh man, oh man, this is such an intense fucking movie.
>>
>>69237503
I don't hate groundhog, but editing and pacing in edge is better than groundhog day.

As for blade runner it's basically a scifi noir.

I stand by what i said - alien, blade runner, star wars v are better than edge. I also liked bsg (new one), and expanse.
>>
>>69237748
okay okay, well Alien and Blade Runner are in the library of congress right? they are certified BASED by almost any standard humanity has, cool.

So in the past 20 years, this is probably the best sci-fi

it's like district 9,

did I mention I also made an entire warhammer style board game based on district 9 with 3 different unique factions?
>>
This is the first movie to have the louvre that isn't Davinci code.

propts to that. it's like this movie was made for me... or by me, in another timeline.
>>
File: victory.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
victory.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>"Russian and Chinese troops are now moving across Europe without resistance"

So it was all for nothing? The communist insects won. Emily Blunt died so that Putin could put his nuclear ICBMs closer to Washington?
>>
>>69238003
If we ever get a UDF we're gunna be happy china and russia are still powerful.
>>
>>69238003
predictive programming
>>
>>69235848
I FIGURED IT OUT

his problem is

>he doesn't have the mental capacity
>>
File: edge of tomorrow.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
edge of tomorrow.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfihYWRWRTQ
>>
>>69238066
what... why did you say that?
>>
>>69238150
I am listening to that song just now also, man... we watching that movie together?

I really wanted to see what was gunna happen next.

I could watch this movie a few more time.... fucking based.
>>
>>69237849
Yeah. District 9 was also very refreshing.
Might be because i've seen edge a while ago, so i've cooled somewhat instead of being all "zomg best movie evar", but it's still a great film. And time loops are a very trocky subject - easy to make boring, and edge of tomorrow is the polar opposite of boring.
>>
File: thumbs up asian noodle guy.gif (480 KB, 141x141) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up asian noodle guy.gif
480 KB, 141x141
>>69238202
Yeah I just finished watching it for the second time, I feel the same

Fucking 10/10 movie. Can't wait for the sequel
>>
This movie predicts Hillary Clinton's presidential election.

Just so you know.... that would be kinda major.
>>
>>69235848
Gleeson looks better with ze beard.
>>
>>69237570
>chute?
okay
>>
File: 1366331893518.jpg (42 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
1366331893518.jpg
42 KB, 500x499
>>69238150
It's been two years already
>>
They should have kept the orignal title

ALL YOU NEED IS KILL

ffs
>>
i'd fuck blunt 123424523 times over every time i go back in time
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.