[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"If your film needs to be set in 6 different cities,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Spider-Man-Civil-War-Team-Cap.jpg (98 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man-Civil-War-Team-Cap.jpg
98 KB, 1000x500
>"If your film needs to be set in 6 different cities, and each time they're in a new city they have to have the entire screen covered by the name of the location, then you've failed your job as a storyteller."

Russo BTFO
>>
I don't get it is there someone you're supposed to be quoting?
>>
>>69235494
your mom. she was screaming this in orgasm when we watched BvS together.
>>
>>69235803

What a try hard faggot thing to say
>>
>>69235803
i have to agree w/ other anon. only a retarded newfag would have such weak input. anyway, i knew capeshit was going to turn gay as fuck when ironman became popular
>>
>>69235803
Good one, faggot
>>69236784
I didn't mind capeshit until it stated flooding the fucking theatres. I hope the trend at least simmers down in the coming few years.
>>
>>69235442
i did find the text thing very distracting. if they wanted to add text they should have just done it in a smaller font and put it in the corner of the frame or some shit.
>>
>>69235803
#rekt
>>
>>69235803
Ew, necrophilia.
>>
>>69236943
I actually really liked it. I thought it was an uncharacteristically bold design choice for a marvel movie. I'm pretty sick of the
>*typewriter sounds*
>location pops up one letter at a time in the corner
Style establishing shots. These weren't fucking around.
>>
>>69236993
true that. It just blocked my view so I found it difficult to see the actual city.
>>
File: Herman Kahn.jpg (431 KB, 2544x2370) Image search: [Google]
Herman Kahn.jpg
431 KB, 2544x2370
>>69235442
>>"If your film needs to be set in 6 different cities, and each time they're in a new city they have to have the entire screen covered by the name of the location, then you've failed your job as a storyteller."

Your film doesn't *need* to be set anywhere. You set it here and there to evoke a sensation in the audience. And if you lampshade the dateline to create a certain effect, so what?

Of all the retarded criticisms of this movie, "muh dateline fonts was too big!" has to be the most pants on head.
>>
Isn't not like other stories of international intrigue put the location name on the screen before. Making it so large was, I think, some kind of joke. Like, an inside joke between the directors about somebody who complained that they didn't know WHERE things were happening, even if in the previous scene, a character said "I gotta go to Queens now," and even then they put the location in the corner in little font like everyone else did forever, and they were like "FUCK THEM, LET'S MAKE IT BIGGER"
>>
>>69235803
So, you made her watch such a shitty movie, that you actually look attractive in comparisson.
Clever move.
>>
Woah, hey guys!
>>
>>69238689
UNDEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>69238157
This seems like something the Russos would do
>>
did anyone else think Cap throwing away the shield was pretty badass and a rejection of that identity, and that cap would be something new and badass in the next movie? but then they undercut it completely by having him and iron man kiss and make up with that letter
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.