[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
damn this was terrible do they even have screenwriters in movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: suckysuckmov.jpg (246 KB, 1296x730) Image search: [Google]
suckysuckmov.jpg
246 KB, 1296x730
damn this was terrible

do they even have screenwriters in movies nowadays? the imitation game felt like the martian, like a big collage of cliches and scenes you have seem a hundred times before

I must have spent half the movie rolling my eyes, fuck
>>
I want someone to trigger me and say they liked this pile of shit
>>
oscar bait
>>
>>69227538
this
also text after the ending made me roll my eyes

interestingly enough, if you look at anything written/said about anal touring, he was quite flamboyant and open about being a homo during the project
>>
>>69227607
b-but you should be sad for the poor gay man tortured and essentially killed by backwards white society who also happened to really hate womyn
>>
It wasn't just bad; it was offensively bad. Alan Turing deserves a better movie than this trite mess. It was like someone was given a two sentence summary of a few historical figures and then tried to write the most cliche hollywood script out of it. My favorite part was when one of these "top mathematicians" mispronounced Euler. There was just a lot of these instances that showed a lack of genuine interest in the subject. The producers were far more interested in the drama of "he's a gay in the 1940's" which would be fine if they didn't leave everything else that makes the story of Alan Turing interesting in particular by the wayside.
>>
It was average (5/10), it wasn't as bad as you said.
>>
>>69227717
it's also quite possible that he died accidentally, as he commonly was exposed to cyanide vapors in the course of his work in his home
>>
>>69227763
unironical upvote
>>
>>69226925
Don't blame the writers. Blame coporate culture that turns artists into cogs in a machine. Blame the audience for paying to see commitee-driven crap.
>>
Wow /tv/ thinks a drama is bad? What a coincidence!

The latest capeshit was EPIC though.
>>
>>69227985
Fuck off Cumbersnatch.

The posters in this thread are not necessarily the same posters who discuss capeshit.
>>
>>69227985
ironically, I'd bet the latest capeshit movie has fresher scenes than this
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.