[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wheel of Time is getting a tv series according to Google+ and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: wot.jpg (144 KB, 525x490) Image search: [Google]
wot.jpg
144 KB, 525x490
Wheel of Time is getting a tv series according to Google+ and Dragonmount. How about that
>>
I honestly want to see the Billy Zane version done full-on
>>
I honestly want to see the Bailey Jane version done full-on
>>
>>69221265
where were you two weeks ago when it was announced. There's not going to be anything to talk about for at least another year.
>>
>>69222419
There were game of thrones threads on /tv/ for more than a year before its release based only on the announcement. We talked about all sorts of things, speculation is fun. I don't see why Wheel of Time can't have the same treatment except that modern /tv/ is unimaginative, hasn't read any books, and is stupid and retarded
>>
>>69222860
hechando a perder se aprende

you learn by ruining things

past mistakes need not be repeated
>>
>>69222860
>except that modern /tv/ is unimaginative, hasn't read any books, and is stupid and retarded

sounds like you already know what to expect.
>>
>>69221265
I can't see it being any good.

They probably wouldn't have a big enough budget to really drive home the destruction of the one power in stuff like Dumai's Wells, and they'd probably scrub out "disagreeable" content like Rand's literal harem and Jordan's various fetish-like scenarios the women often find themselves in.

This could really only work in the hands of a director who loves the series, and a studio/network willing to give them extra leeway with the budget/material.

Even with all that I just don't think it would be successful. There's not much of a normie market for high fantasy like WoT.
>>
>>69222860
Wheel of time is kiddie-tier trash though
>>
>>69223311
The first few books wouldn't require much of a budget at all and it will be canceled before dumai's wells so I don't see a problem.
>>
>>69223360
Science fiction fantasy has a very long tradition with juveniles being part of it. We don't spend as much time distinguishing as some other genres do. (I think it's a great thing that we now have the full-blown YA genre in bookstores).

When I was growing up, it didn't exist. In my local library, there was no YA section. I would look in the children's section or in the adult section and I actually found Anne McCaffrey in both. I asked the librarian about that. She's like, "Both groups like her."

If you go back to the Heinlein juveniles, if you look at Shannara by Terry Brooks, is this a juvenile, is it not, does it even really matter?

I think that as science fiction fans see writers, we transcend this, readership transcends this.
>>
>>69223489
It's more of the tone and scope of the books. WoT is PG-13 garbage. Hopefully it'll have hot actresses in it that show cleavage.

Personally, watching this show will depend upon who they cast as Moiraine. I'll probably drop it after they kill her off.
>>
>>69223899
WoT is classy and exemplifies Southern traditionalism. Sure, there aren't any fat pink masts or loose stools but Its masonic themes are pretty mature and challenging. Implying that it's tailored for a 13-year old audience using MPAA censor strictures as a guideline is misguided at best.
>>
Google+ is still a thing?
>>
>>69225282
Technically yes. But the only people who use it are google employees.
>>
I can't wait for all the braid pulling and spanking.

When Dumai wells finally comes the ladies are gonna FREAK
>>
I hope they go really campy with Mat.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.