[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>[CONSTANT STUTTERING]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: Spider-Man-Civil-War-TV-Spot.jpg (15 KB, 838x428) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man-Civil-War-TV-Spot.jpg
15 KB, 838x428
>[CONSTANT STUTTERING]
>>
>>69208328
>Nerdy teenager without any fighting experience about to go up against Captain America

Real shit portrayal, gotta say.
>>
>>69208444
Trips don't lie
>>
>>69208444
>>69208328
How much does Warner pay you?
>>
>>69208328
>a kid about to fight Captain America is nervous

stunning
>>
>>69208507
>>69208543
What do I need to do to make my sarcasm more blatant?
>>
>>69208328
>[Constant cuteness]
>>
literally jarjar binks fuck that kid was annoying
>>
>>69208507
You need to get paid for common sense?
>>
Why did Spidey need goggles?

Never read that many Spidey-comics but can't recall anything about him needing goggles?
>>
>>69208606
I think we should call up a meeting in Vienna and ask the UN to sanction a sarcasm punctuation mark. And a rhetorical question mark.
>>
>>69208328
Spiderman was one of, if not The greatest part of this movie.
>>
>>69208328
I honestly don't remember him stuttering at all.
>>
>>69208444
he's only a nerdy teenager as Parker. he's confident, wisecracking and free as Spidey

it's a shit portrayal.
>>
>>69209161
The point is made like three times that when his "spider-sense" kicks in, he is basically overwhelmed by visual information. Tony looked through his goggles and was shocked that they were pretty much key-holes.

So when Tony made hi ma suit (in like 10 hours) he made the lenses, somehow, detect that his spider-sense is going off and automatically narrowing his field of view.
>>
>>69209338
But is that in the comics as well?
>>
>>69208328
wouldn't it have been better if cap threw the shield at him and he replied:

>"did you just throw a ginormous frisbee at me? the fuck..."
>"im supposed to be a spider, not a dog"
>>
>>69209361
No, in the comics, his lenses narrow because he's emoting, because it's a drawing, and isn't realistic at all. They needed an in-universe reason to have his mask actually do this mechanically, because Disney, for some reason, really fucking cares.
>>
>>69209338
Why doesn't Tony make stuff for all the Avengers? He's the most brilliant engineer in the world and he's working with a guy with a bow and arrow, a woman running around with a handgun and a really strong guy with a frisbee. You'd think he'd make the Avengers a lot stronger if he gave everyone similar equipment as his suit.
>>
>>69209330
He's only been Spidey for a couple months at this point, most people just think that he is an urban legend or internet prank
>>
>spiderman's Eyes are actually a shutter type system

Anyone else really dig this?
>>
>>69209522
why doesn't batman just equip the entire gotham PD?
>>
>>69209522
It is never expressed in any movie, but I think Captain's shield, kind of "auto attaching" to his back is something Tony did.

And he created Quin Jets, I think. And possibly gave Bruce Banner magic underwear.
>>
>>69209522
It seems like he did considering Widow's new toys and the Falcon's drone and improved wings.
>>
>>69209522

Could possibly be explained by him stating that he doesn't want to make weapons for other people that could be used in bad ways.

War Machine was a concession to the US Government to stop them seizing his tech.

The thing that really bugged me about this film with Iron Man was him only having one suit ready to go. He thought he was taking on 5 people as strong as Cap, you'd think he'd be prepared for a war.
>>
>>69209703
Corruptin within the police and a lower level of trust. The police aren't his close colleagues.
>>69209721
>>69209769
He could have done so much better than these examples though. Why not make customized things that are equally powerful to his suit, that are customized for their specialties within combat?
>>69209812
These are people that are responsible for his life on a daily basis though. You'd think he'd want to ensure that they're well equipped.
>>
>>69209990
>Why not make customized things that are equally powerful to his suit

That seems like a dangerous thing to do considering what happened in this movie.
>>
>>69209990

After seeing people getting mind controlled and everyone being Hydra, he's probably got good reason to minimize who he spreads his tech to.
>>
>>69210059

or in winter soldier if he'd given cap and black widow some iron man suits

he gave SHIELD tech to make their helicarriers actually be able to work and that led to millions nearly getting wiped out including tony himself so imagine if hydra had access to iron man suits
>>
>>69210059
Fair enough. But they're not trying to save the world in this movie. It's just a distraction from the main plot. Can you imagine having Hawkeye and Black Widow taking on fucking Thanos with their current gear, when they could potentially be upgraded to Tonys level? The stakes are pretty much "the world could end or we could save it" and Tony chooses to do nothing to ensure that his team is well equipped to tackle it.
>>
>>69209990
>Corruptin within the police and a lower level of trust. The police aren't his close colleagues.

why doesn't batman just hire loyal cops?
>>
>>69210429
Batman has trust issues.
>>
>>69209990

>that are customized for their specialties within combat?

Well, in the comics. Tony builds Spider-Man a suit called the Iron Spider if I recall correctly. Spider-Man used it for a while and realized that it was better not to use it because it actually hinders him or some reason.

Either way, its safe to say there aren't a lot of people in the Comics or Movies that Tony Stark trusts with that type of technology. It will either be too difficult for some to use or they would end up becoming hindered by it. In the movies at least, only Rhodes, Obediah, Vanko have been able to use the suit effectively. Other people that use the suit the most they can do is walk and fire a bit. Sure he could train then but I guess Tony rather just give them upgrades here and there. Tony's mind set is pretty much I'd rather have control over who gets my tech and how much they get, than to just give out too much of it. Especially after Ultron.
>>
>>69210507
why doesn't batman have a trust fund?
>>
Blah blah blah...supposed to stutter...blah blah blah...comics...blah blah blah...shitty accent is actually good...blah blah blah...cartoon
>>
>>69209137
>he considers that common sense
oh lord..
>>
>>69209397

Shut up, Stuckman
>>
>>69210538

I don't really buy the whole "it's too difficult to use" reason. Rhodey flew the suit straight to Washington after stepping into it. In a world where helicarriers exist, and flying bombsuits exist, usability doesn't seem to be a technological problem. He could easily make the suits more user-friendly or taylor-made to fit the persons physique.

Tony still took the risk to MAKE Ultron. He trusts an AI-system based on a spacerock from a supervillains staff, but he doesn't trust his colleagues that in a lot of situations are responsible for his own life with equipment equally powerful to his own?
>>
>>69208507

>Can not discern extremely obvious sarcasm
>>
Andrew Garfield was still the best Spider-Man to date
>>
>>69210090
yeah man i know what your saying, il just give this kid a free suit and that will be it promise
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.