[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv -radio/667894/Sophie-Oko
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4
File: Hollow-Crown-532094.jpg (95 KB, 590x788) Image search: [Google]
Hollow-Crown-532094.jpg
95 KB, 590x788
http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/667894/Sophie-Okonedo-Undercover-The-Hollow-Crown-Benedict-Cumberbatch-Dominic-Cooke
>people chimp out for scajo playing matoko
>this was considered ok
m-muh whitewashing right guys?
>>
WE
>>
>>69208121
so brave
>>
>>69208132
WUZ
>>
>>69208132
WUZ
>>
>>69208121
Doris Elba and Will Smith have been cast to play multiple established white characters and nobody gives a fuck. BBC's Merlin had a half black Guinevere. ABC's Once Upon A Time has a black Lancelot. People only throw shit fits when it's white actors.
>>
>>69208171
>>69208175
QUEEEEEEEEEEEEENZAH
>>
>>69208263
>Doris
Idris, autocorrect be damned
>>
>>69208263
And people still can't see that modern "anti racist" movements are just excuses to hate on whites
>>
i hate niggers but don't be obtuse. the big, obvious difference is that this was a deliberate effort for more representation of an underrepresented group. Makoto being made white was the opposite: it was an organic opportunity to cast an underrepresented group (in the west) and they chose to cast a person of the majority group instead.

ignoring this makes you look like an idiot.
>>
>>69208319
Whites don't care
This is all marketing to tap into nigger demographics anyway
>>
>>69208319
Those movements are started by and largely made up of whites so....
>>
>>69208447
Putting invalid ethnic groups just for the sake of it in movies is idiotic. Using the term underrepresented is idiotic.
>>
>>69208485
>whites don't care
doesn't stop it from being dumb double standards

>Those movements are started by and largely made up of whites
Yeah, especially when they've been subtly trained all their youth to think this way :')
>>
>>69208493
Why
>>
This board is more obsessed with black people than fucking worldstar

You people need help
>>
>>69208546
If some ethnic groups that i won't cite are unhappy with their 'representation' in movies made by other cultures, then they just have to be grown ups and make their own movies. Changing established white characters just for the sake of 'diversity' is exactly the type of participation prize that is destroying western society
>>
>>69208587
>white characters get thrown in the fucking trash, replaced by niggers because why not

lmao u obsessed wit black people whiteboi

Go back to africa chimp
>>
>>69208627
>make your own movie then
Impractical when not completely impossible for most people. That's like asking someone to make their own legislation if they don't like how the country is being run. You demand the people in power to do it for their constituents
>>
>>69208661
You needed 12 threads about this garbage nobody will watch to reiterate that point for the 300th time?

You are O B S E S S E D. You want to rant about black people all day and suck their big dicks all night
>>
>>69208263
>People only throw shit fits when it's white actors

Why do you think that is?
>>
>>69208740
>Impractical when not completely impossible for most people.

That's too bad then. Logic have more value than feelings.

>That's like asking someone to make their own legislation if they don't like how the country is being run
Not the same thing, we're talking about culture, in your opinion it's ok to replace white culture with black culture simply because black people want so. And they use the term 'racism' when you don't agree to do so. Isn't white culture capable of being repressed? Haven't white people sweated to come where they are? But, let's just all throw it to the trash to please the last generation, let's just throw centuries of work and evolution to the trash simply because they cannot control their empathy
>>
>>69208447

this
>>
>>69208775
Nah i just want you to be put in the zoo like the chimp you are
>>
white people already had decades headstart of media representation putting a minority representation makes sense and whitewashing doesn't
>>
>>69208881
So when faced with any sort of argument you can't meme your way out of you simply assume the person you're arguing with is black.

Back to /b/ nigger.
>>
>>69208969
why would they put a minority representation?
>>
>>69208999
How is the garbage you said an argument? Don't you have some government check to collect?
>>
>>69208850
"White culture" is not repressed in any way.
>>
>>69209045
Why did you put white culture into commas? Are you implying that there isn't such thing as white culture? What are minorities sucking on then?

>is not repressed in any way
It is when you throw white people to the trash and replace them with other ethnicity for no reason at all :')
>>
>>69208850
They're not replacing cultures. Just actors. That's why all you people sound like psychopaths
>>
>>69209002
why not? humanity is made up of more than one color

does your city only have hamburger restaurants
>>
>>69208121
Weren't people here defending ScarJo's casting? That clearly shows both "sides" having a double standard. I think both decisions are horrible
>>
>>69209144
>They're not replacing cultures. Just actors.
Still alarming. Funny you call me a psychopath, cause when scarjo plays a gook the term you use is racist shitlord.

>>69209180
so that's it then, the whole reason minorities must be cast in movies is because 'why not'? Why the rage then?
>>
>>69209144
switching actors is symptomatic of far graver issues that you are willfully ignoring
>>
she is so fucking ugly jesus christ
>>
>>69209027
Wow, you're trolling him? Classic 4chan, I love these memes.
No seriously go back to /b/ I really want to talk about television and film and why this is a bad casting decision. I am tired of the racist shit
>>
>>69209113
>Are you implying that there isn't such thing as white culture?
Bravo.

>It is when you throw white people to the trash and replace them with other ethnicity for no reason at all :')
It's not like this is new for Europeans or white Americans. Blackface, Yellowface, Caucasians playing other ethnic groups.
>>
File: maxresdefault~01.jpg (42 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault~01.jpg
42 KB, 720x720
>>69208263
>black, black, black

Fucking niggers.
>>
>>69209281
>bravo
never go full retard
>>
>>69209281
>Bravo
What do you mean bravo? You put white culture between commas kek

>It's not like this is new for Europeans or white Americans. Blackface, Yellowface, Caucasians playing other ethnic groups.
not sure what you mean
>>
>>69209253
>just told you a valid reason
>still minimizing

just watch movies from 20 years ago if you like white people so much you incestual redneck
>>
>>69209348
>not sure what you mean
Probably because you haven't seen many films.
>>
>>69209356
>valid reason
for you

>>69209376
No i literally don't know what you mean, i didn't understand your sentence
>>
>>69209356
it's a shame you have to struggle with your identity and rootlessness, must drive you nuts when people have a culture, race and identity to cherish

must feel like a personal affront every time you are made to feel like an outsider in hwuait society
>>
>>69209433
>capeshit and shitty TV
>culture
>>
>>69209426
>senseless meme replies

>>69209433
>white people
>""""""""""""""culture"""""""""""""

lol that's some next level projecting there cleetus

both of you need to go back to your /pol/ containment board
>>
>>69209488
what's the purpose of this reply
>>
>>69209180
>does your city only have hamburger restaurants

No, does yours?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/12188014/Le-burger-now-top-selling-dish-in-French-restaurants-new-study-reveals.html
>>
>>69208447
>the big, obvious difference is that this was a deliberate effort for more representation of an underrepresented group

You don't do that by forcing racial-changes in historical roles, you dunce.

If you want to represent a group more -- for whatever political reason -- you don't go about it in such a manner.

Go ahead and make MLK white and see the outcry; but, you'll excuse this even because of "representation" -- as if that's even a good reason to alter historical facts.
>>
>>69209144
Changing the race of historical characters is as bad as changing historical events to fit a narrative.
>>
>>69209564
to confuse your autism

>>69209613
>some random clickbait article

lol is /pol/ trying to communicate. go back to linking sargon or something lmao
>>
>>69208263
The worst thing about Idris Elba as Roland is that Roland being white is a major plot point and central to the characterisation of both himself and an actual established, strong, black, independent female character. It's the most patronising shit.
>>
Reminder that the main consideration in casting a stage play should be the actor's ability to deliver the lines, not his or her appearance
>>
File: mApVk3v[1].jpg (215 KB, 1280x1109) Image search: [Google]
mApVk3v[1].jpg
215 KB, 1280x1109
>>69208447
>>
>>69209709
It's a TV show.
>>
>>69209654
You know films do this all the time.
>>
>>69209674
>lol /pol/ is bad
>lol freedom of speech is bad

:')
>>
>>69209488
the language you speak is a part of white culture you ignorant nigger
>>
>>69209674
/pol/ hates sargon

at least do some research before you shitpost
>>
It looks awful, by the way
>>
File: The most gallant BBC.jpg (114 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
The most gallant BBC.jpg
114 KB, 640x960
A few years ago whenever someone mentioned the jews being behind the breaking down of modern civilization, I would just let out a little chuckle. But recently, it's becoming more and more obvious. They're not even trying to hide it anymore. This is only the start. Movies, games, tv shows, they'll all have a black protagonist or love interest where they don't belong.
>>
>>69208447
>underrepresented group
Pretty sure the Japanese are not an underrepresented group in Japan. The original voice actress for the original movie was Japanese, shockingly.

GiTS is a Japanese series. There is nothing holding the Japanese back from making a live action version of it. It's just that America, a white nation, decided to make their own version of a movie inspired by the Japanese material because it's good stuff and unfortunately people are idiots who don't like to "read movies" so "foreign" productions such as a Japanese often need to be relocalized rather than just imported if they want to reach a broader audience.

You know now that I think about it I bet Americans of Scottish decent are pretty underrepresented in Japanese cinema.
>>
>>69210501
great tv show. have you actually seen this? its solid 8.5/10.
>>
>>69210501
Imagine if they made a TV show about American folklore heroes in the UK and they cast a white Irishman as John Henry.
>>
>>69210837
who?
>>
>>69210837
Imagine if they made a TV show about sub-Saharan African folklore heroes in the US and they cast a white Irishman as..... oh right, sub-Saharan Africans have no culture.
>>
>>69210688
No, I was interested back when it first started airing, but I never got around to watching it. Since I'm going to be pretty free over the summer I'll give it a shot. That aside I'm not attacking the quality of the show or even the actor, I'm sure you noticed the double standards of "whitewashing". When a colored person takes the role of a established character who was represented as white no one bats an eye. If the opposite happens, all of a sudden it's being picked up by media outlets as "proof of white privilege/oppression".
>>
>>69210961
you know nothing, white trash.
>>
>>69210966
I mean, who really cares about white people, I sure don't. Especially white men, fuck them.
>>
>>69211004
.t American Black, not descendant from Egyptians
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.