[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT movies that just came out yet look like shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: Jurassic-World-12.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Jurassic-World-12.jpg
125 KB, 1280x720
ITT movies that just came out yet look like shit
>>
>>69187775
>the best effects are the ones you don't notice/blend with reality
>every modern movie just plasters fake shit everywhere

They should just stop making live action films.
>>
>>69187775
how did this make so much money? watched a few minutes and the terrible plot, acting, sfx and dialogue repulsed me not to mention the awful teal and orange color correction and oversaturated blacks. they even managed to make the action boring and tedious.
>>
>>69188443
The power of brand recognition and Chris Pratt.

>>69187775
The CG in this looked like shit before it even came out. Bordering on worse than a video game cinematic.
>>
>>69187980

Untrue, some films get the balance correct, e.g. Mad Max

Only the bad ones overdo the CGI
>>
>>69187980

Also I would say the CGI in the Daniel Craig Bond movies is pretty good (although I haven't seen Spectre yet so I can't comment on that). Like all the car sequences are filmed with real cars and real bikes and stunt drivers in real locations. You might say so what but there are so many movies these days that use CGI for their action sequences and that's the difference between a shit movie and a good one. Also in Skyfall remember that scene when the tube train breaks through its tunnel and is derailed - that was CGI but it was well done, I guess they filmed good footage of a tube train and combined it in.

There is an exception in Skyfall though, which is when they go to the island where Javier Bardem is. The CGI for that island was shit. I think the whole environment was CGI apart from one small set (the place where they play the shooting game). When they arrive at the island, all the shots of it are pure CGI and it looks terrible.

ALSO good for CGI is the Dark Knight movies. Obviously you've got Harvey Dent's face being CGI'd, but it actually looks pretty good, perhaps because half his face is real. Also remember pic related scene. The CGI was pretty good because obviously they had filmed a real stadium with a real torn up pitch and they just spliced in what was needed. It's only when an entire environment, or an entire character, is computer generated that it looks shit. It needs something that was actually filmed to make it look realistic.
>>
>>69187775
the color grading makes the cgi dinosaurs look fake
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (217 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
217 KB, 1920x1080
>>69189406

This is the CGI island in Skyfall I'm talking about. It looked so fucking shit. It's a shame because that movie had great practical effects, e.g. the final scene at his Scottish house, they used a miniature to do the explosion when the helicopter crashes into it.

For the island scene they could have just gone to the island that is abandoned in real life. I guess they thought it was too expensive.
>>
>>69189147
>>69189406
>>69189477
This is what I get for exaggerating. Autism.
>>
>>69189538
All ideological purity is autism.
>>
>>69189477

It does look terrible but yeah when you compare it to all the other settings, it looks like a poorly toned matte painting. Bond movies always have great effects. Abrams did the right choice in bringing in Courbold for star wars.
>>
>>69187775
>>69187775

Why do movie monsters take forever to kill.

They're almost invincible when a well placed shotgun to that things head would have probably killed it, let alone all those goddamn automatic high powered fucking rifles all over the place.

Fucking Grizzly Bears have been killed by knives before. Even a well placed 10mm shot can pick em off.
>>
Deadpool JUST came out and it looks fucking horrendous. Every goddamn scene is bluescreened.
>>
>>69189147
To be fair Mad Max didn't have many other color palettes to use. Desert and open sky = blue and orange. Still salty about Miller not releasing an official black and white version when he said that was his preferred look
>>
>>69189477
Jesus. I've never actually seen Skyfall so that's mind blowingly bad. Literally looks like Dust from Counterstrike
>>
File: khadgar10.jpg (209 KB, 1920x786) Image search: [Google]
khadgar10.jpg
209 KB, 1920x786
>>
File: Skyfall-Chopper.jpg (549 KB, 1140x752) Image search: [Google]
Skyfall-Chopper.jpg
549 KB, 1140x752
>>69189635
Yeah, generally the Craig Bond movies have been good for effects, barring a couple of things. As I say the fact that they film the car chase sequences, while it may seem trivial, is good because so many movies these days DO use CGI for that sort of thing.

Also here's a pic of the miniature I mentioned that they used for the final scene.

>>69189713
It's not about colour palettes it's about the fact that they did as much as they could practically with real cars and real explosions and they only used CGI for filling in some of the background, and for weather effects

>>69189764
Don't let that ruin the movie for you. There's a chase seen at the beginning which is basically all practical (driving motorbikes on rooftops, getting on a train with a digger which throws cars off the train, fighting on top of the train, all of that was real and they filmed it). And that's the sort of thing many other movies would use CGI for.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.