[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This could've been so much better.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (100 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
100 KB, 720x1080
This could've been so much better.
>>
>>69183531

yeah i agree.

that last scene with Athena is missing a kiss.
>>
>>69183531
it was good enough

that attitude only will lead you to dissappointment and bitterness.
>>
File: athena_tomorrowland.jpg (33 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
athena_tomorrowland.jpg
33 KB, 630x354
They could have just focused on Frank and Athena for the story.
>>
>>69184695
For Brad Bird standards it's a disappointment.
>>
Bait and switch movie. The trailer made it seem like Tomorrowland would be far more of a major setting than it was. Should have spent more time there and should have given Raffey more screen time.
>>
Brad Bird only made 8/10 and higher before this, so a 6/10 just isn't good enough. At least there was one thing in the movie that was 8/10 and higher, though.
>>
As someone who followed he ARG I don't understand how the average person could've kept up with the plot in Tomorrowland. Nothing is explained compared to the ARG, where literally everything was explained.

What, was the average guy meant to just see a Eiffel rocket and dimensional travel machine and go "yup, makes total sense."???
>>
>>69184991
that opening scene in the 60s was great, whole movie shouldve been that
>>
File: 472823918.jpg (169 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
472823918.jpg
169 KB, 396x594
they should have made the movie all about athena and Frank (Clooney)

some serious chemistry those two.
>>
>>69183531

I liked it alot actually. I can see how the preachy message can upset plebs though.
>>
>>69185973
It wasn't just because of the preachy message though. It was because after an hour and a half of wonder and excitement and "omg theres something happening in tomorrowland we have to go back kate", we just got a Dr. House monolouge about how people are stupid and assholes and dont deserve to be saved.

I would have been better as a high budget TV show. The A plot could be modern Frank here trying to save Tomorrowland and a B plot of past (probably teen heartthrob) Frank in Tomorrwland trying to stop them from building the machine, everything could have been fleshed out a bit better.
>>
>>69185515
Exactly!

>Dude let's make a movie about a future Utopia!
>But instead have 90% of the movie be on fucking modern day Earth

I get why they did what they did and I appreciate the message, but it's kinda like making a movie called Jurassic Park and then having it only have 10 minutes of Dinosaurs.

I don't know why Disney can't go back to selling dreamlike optimistic versions of the future. I think it was a dumb idea to make the Tommorowland a totally absurd 60s cyberpunk instead of imagining what the future will be like in 40 years.
>>
>>69183531
It's weird since every movie Brad Bird did before this was grade A, but even the best have a few misses now and again.
>>
>>69186909
I feel bad for these guys that after they have a blockbuster bomb they're forced to make a sequel to a Pixar movie.

>John Carter bombs
>Gotta make Finding Dory

>Tommorowland bombs
>Gotta make Incredibles 2

Although I guess there's worse things than having to work for the most distinguished animation studio in modern times. But it seems like they're forced to make sequels they probably didn't want to make in the first place.
>>
>>69187060
Brad Bird wanted to make Incredibles 2 before Tomorrowland bombed.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.