[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what was his problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 9
File: rambo.jpg (124 KB, 1300x867) Image search: [Google]
rambo.jpg
124 KB, 1300x867
what was his problem?
>>
He was italian stallion
>>
>Could have just left and waited at the bridge to wait for the cop to leave
>Decides to challenge him

Honestly this all coulda been averted if Rambo just waited a little longer at the bridge and walked back into the town to a diner.
>>
>>69175873
Literally PTSD.
>>
he dindu nuffin, he jus wanted sumthin 2 eat, dey drew first blood, he a good war vet n sheit
>>
he just wanted some breakfast, man.
>>
>>69175873
They were treading on him. Nothing in the constitution about abridging the rights of a FREE AMERICAN for having long hair.
>>
AAAYYYYYDRIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAANN
>>
>>69175970
But he really didn't do anything. I'm not American, but I'm pretty sure cops can't arrest you just for walking through their town.
>>
>>69175873
he was upset over losing the Oscar to that dead guy from Network movie.
>>
>>69175873
Some cop dicking around with him.
>>
>Back there I could fly a gunship, I could drive a tank, I was in charge of million-dollar equipment. Back here I can't even hold a job parking cars!! [throws machine gun at wall before breaking down] Uhhh!! Wha...I can't...oh, I just, oh my God. Where is everybody? Oh God...I...I had a friend, who was Danforth. What, I had all these guys man.

>Back there I had all these fucking guys. Who were my friends. Cause back here there's nothing. Remember Danforth? He wore this black headband and I took one of those magic markers and I said to Feron, "Hey mail us to Las Vegas" cause we were always talking about Vegas, and this fucking car.

>This uh red '58 Chevy convertible, he was talking about this car, he said we were gonna cruise till the tires fall off ... We were in this bar in Saigon and this kid comes up, this kid carrying a shoe-shine box. And he says "Shine, please, shine!" I said no. He kept askin', yeah, and Joey said "Yeah." And I went to get a couple of beers, and the box was wired, and he opened up the box, fucking blew his body all over the place. And he's laying there, he's fucking screaming.

>There's pieces of him all over me, just...like this, and I'm tryin' to pull him off, you know, my friend that's all over me! I've got blood and everything and I'm tryin' to hold him together! I'm puttin'... the guy's fuckin' insides keep coming out! And nobody would help! Nobody would help! He's saying, sayin' "I wanna go home! I wanna go home!" He keeps calling my name! "I wanna go home, Johnny! I wanna drive my Chevy!" I said "With what? I can't find your fuckin' legs! I can't find your legs!"
>>
>>69175873

he gave America his life in service, they repaid him by fucking him over.
>>
>>69176032
And there are still people who think Sly is a bad actor.
>>
Stallone acted as a nigger in this movie. he could've acted like a gentleman but niggs gonna nigg
>>
>>69176032
the delivery is amazing actually
>>
>>69175873

Chewed up and spit out by the American war machine. Reacted accordingly. If I remember correctly, one of the movie's taglines was "They trained him to kill. Then, they made him angry."
>>
he was dying from AIDS
>>
>>69175873
rocky 1 is a euphemism for how vets were treated after vietnam
>>
>>69176032

That scene breaks my heart every time I see it. Stallone really puts it all out there, and it works beautifully.
>>
>>69176013
They'll shoot you for being black. Arrest you for being Mexican. Let the Jeromes cuck you if you're white. They'll let you starve if you're a veteran. They'll let you die if you enlist. They'll feed you poison if you buy from the supermarkets. They put in racist presidents even if they aren't voted in for.

Pretty sure they can arrest you for walking through the city, as wrong as it is. It's the land of the "free".
>>
>>69175873
he was a fag that's why the cop bullied him. the death of his faggot buddy was too much for him too
>>
>>69176032
That scene might have been the closest I came to crying while watching a movie.
>>
>>69175873

He could fly a gunship, drive a tank, he was in charge of million dollar equipment man,and back here he couldn't even hold a job parking cars!
>>
> Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me I didn't ask you, and I did what I had to do to win, but somebody wouldn't let us win! Then I come back to the world, and I see all those maggots at the airport, protestin' me and spittin', callin' me baby killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me?! Huh?! Who are they?! Unless they been me and been there and know what the hell they yellin' about!
>>
he was suspicious looking guy wandering around. The cop was right to question him. You don't fuck with the law
>>
>>69176013
>>69176145
Many towns and counties have laws against vagrancy, and arrest Europeans who try to "backpack" through, leaving hash and syringes where children play. Rambo was wandering around a strange town looking like a anti-social beatnik pinko with a concealed combat knife on him. Instead of leaving at the officer's suggestion, he decides to violate the law again by reentering the town. He had no right to chimp out and then play the victim at the end.
>>
>>69176185
>It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and still go on
>>
>>69175873
he was a manlet
>>
>>69176145
That's the cities. Small town america is supposed to be better than that.

Of course it isn't, and the bureaucratic oppression of the big city police machinery is often a more benign tyranny than the tin pot dictators of local sheriff departments, but the general perception is that freedom of movement is preserved in the rural areas.
>>
>>69176185
that shit didn't even happen dog
hippies were too busy dropping acid and fucking each other to stand around picking fights with war veterans at the airport.
>>
Gay threads on /co/. Could something to do with Superman.
>>
>>69176032
>shine box
>>
Lousy longhair babykiller that lost Vietnam and made our Army look bad and embarrassed us in front of the Russians.
>>
>>69176032
Cringe general?
>>
>>69176220
In America, it's not a crime to walk around.

It can be a crime to panhandle or loiter, which is usually how they get vagrants. Rambo was doing neither.

Rambo was fine legally, and the cop abused his position to arrest Rambo. Small town asshole cops like that deserve being knocked down a peg or two by a badass like Rambo.
>>
>>69175873
He didn't do anything you statist piece of shit.
>>
>>69176391
I think the point of the movie was 'good luck with that, hombre'.
>>
>>69176122
This.
>>
What happend to Rambo 2 and 3 ?
>>
>>69176443
> acted like a nigger
> did nothing
>>
>>69176485
Should never have been made.
>>
>>69176515
How did he act like a nigger?
>>
Fucking hippies man
>>
>>69176239
actually small towns could be more corrupt than big city cops

City cops are more accountable than small town cops. Small town cop could be friends with their town council and do whatever the fuck they want because they're close friends

They'll shape up if feds come in but after that its back to the same old (I keep this small town safe so fuck you I'm in charge and my word is king)
>>
>>69176485

They sucked. Rambo 2008 was alright though. The .50 cal scene alone makes it worth watching.
>>
>>69176272

There's different breeds of hippies. Like any subculture, there's militant ones.
>>
>>69176624
>Hating on Rambo 2

Literally on par with the first
>>
>>69176386

He didn't lose Vietnam, the bureaucrats did. He wanted to keep fighting. That's why when he gets called in to save the P.O.W.s in Rambo 2, he literally says "Do we get to win this time?"
>>
>>69176573
the cop told him to leave. Instead of leaving, he fought them resulting in death of a police officer.
Lost to rice farmers in Vietnam and was trying to be edgy
>>
>>69175873
What do you think? It's always autism. Half the movies Stallone plays in he plays himself and the rest he plays a guy with autism. He may have a different name from movie to movie, but it's still the autism guy.
>>
>>69176391

The police chief also talks about his time in the service during the Korean War.

Veterans of Korea looked down on Vietnam vets. It was an unpopular war for Americans, whereas during Korea they still were high on that WW2 afterglow.

Source: my grandpa was in Korea and always talked shit about Vietnam vets.
>>
>>69176220
>walking is literally a crime in Burgerland
>>
>>69176620
That's what my post said man, you're just restating it.

You're wrong about the feds though. As is shown in Rambo and still happening today, the federale's are often providing the small down despots with the new technology and financial means to perpetrate their abuse.
>>
>>69176685
You don't have to mindlessly obey cops. Rambo acted within his legal rights, and the cop responded unlawfully.
>>
>>69176668

The part when Stallone shoots the crap out of all of the computers and shit is one of the most "FUCK YEAH" moments in film history.
>>
>>69176735
>Veterans of Korea looked down on Vietnam vets
that's fucked up senpai
>>
>>69176628
The militant ones were setting off bombs in the pentagon and robbing banks. They wouldn't go anywhere near a port.
>>
>>69176735
Yeah. He definitely had a thing against Vietnam vets in that film.

Thing is, being a Vietnam vet isn't a crime. Neither is walking peacefully to a diner.
>>
>>69176391
>Rambo was fine legally
Nope.

>concealed knife (undeniable)
>resisting arrest (undeniable)
>reentering the town (thereby justifying the officer's charge of vagrancy)

>Small town asshole cops like that deserve being knocked down a peg or two by a badass like Rambo.
Edgy as fuck.

If they wanted him to appear unfairly persecuted, they would have been better off making the protestors he complains to the Colonel about the aggressors that triggered his rampage, and not a cop arresting him for legitimate offenses. But of course, they can't make college Marxists appear villainous in any major Hollywood picture, so they had to use an evil, white, small town cop as the bad guy.
>>
>>69176814
This.
>>
File: kek2.jpg (43 KB, 345x383) Image search: [Google]
kek2.jpg
43 KB, 345x383
>>69176814
>reentering the town
>a crime in America
>>
>>69176742
>being white is literally a crime in euroarabia
>>
File: 1461174756580.png (798 KB, 996x868) Image search: [Google]
1461174756580.png
798 KB, 996x868
>>69176851
CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>69176814
Wait. Is it illegal to have a fucking knife in America? I mean, what's a backpacker supposed to cut his food with? A stick?
>>
>>69176814
the cop was an asshole.
>>
>>69176814
>concealed weapon
>a crime in the 1970s

lol you're just a pansy who thinks that the pansy modern morality inculcated in the urban population by nanny state laws has infinite historical precedent.

>when I started writing this there were no replies, now there are already 4

7/10 man gj
>>
Lierally autistic
>>
File: white america.jpg (1 MB, 2200x1760) Image search: [Google]
white america.jpg
1 MB, 2200x1760
>>69176871
No, but it is a crime in Ameristan.
>>
>>69176220
yep, it's called diesel therapy
>>
>>69175873
PTSD
>>
>>69176930
God bless Appalachia.
>>
> manlet
> small dick
> lousy hairstyle
> homeless
> autism
you'd be flipping shit too if you were Rambo
>>
He wanted some food, cop overstepped his bounds, Rambo chimped out
>>
>>69176930
a good percentage of hispanics are white 2bh
>>
>>69177065
If we start playing that game we are truly lost. America will be argentinian before our children leave highschool.
>>
>>69176851
>wanting some strange, questionable punk pacing around your neighborhood, doing God knows what, and refusing to move on
Oh wait, I forgot, it's considered haraam to refuse hospitality in the Islamic Caliphate of Western Europe and the Levant.

>>69176885
In that area, it evidently was.

>>69176886
>literal nigger mentality

>>69176911
>laws don't vary by administrative divisions
>everything was exactly the same everywhere when I say it was, including in this fictional town because I say so!
>you're just baiting!
>>
File: rambo.jpg (37 KB, 1550x719) Image search: [Google]
rambo.jpg
37 KB, 1550x719
>Look, John, we can't have you running around wasting friendly civilians.
>There are no friendly civilians.

That pretty much sums it up.
>>
>>69176814
>concealed knife
In general, it's legal to have a knife on your person concealed if you're just walking around in public. Plus, they didn't know he had the knife on him when they arrested him. You can't arrest people to go fishing for things they might have done illegally.

>resisting arrest
He doesn't resist arrest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJk4JNM7vas

>reentering a town
Entering a town isn't illegal, though. The cop isn't the king. He doesn't make laws. You don't have to obey him when the law doesn't support him (which it wouldn't in this case, because walking to a diner to buy a meal isn't vagrancy or illegal).

You're doing your best to peg him as a bad guy because you think you've got a new take on the film, and that makes you feel smart. Problem is, the film itself and logic deflates your argument.
>>
File: 1462476210970.jpg (60 KB, 1620x599) Image search: [Google]
1462476210970.jpg
60 KB, 1620x599
>>69176032
>>
>>69177114
No matter how much you try to twist things a guy walking through town is not illegal. Carrying a knife is not illegal.
>>
>>69177114
>making up head-cannon about the local ordinances of this fictional town
bait
>>
>>69177222
And he cooperates when he's arrested.
>>
>>69177329
Exactly. They had nothing on him, but there's always some shithead contrarian looking for things reasons to side with the antagonist (or the closest thing to one).
>>
File: 1462551236922.png (310 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
1462551236922.png
310 KB, 500x628
>>69177096
you should tell that to my white gf
>>
>>69177138
>In general, it's legal to have a knife on your person concealed if you're just walking around in public.
>in general means everywhere, including in this fictional town

>Plus, they didn't know he had the knife on him when they arrested him. You can't arrest people to go fishing for things they might have done illegally.
You can when they're in the middle of committing a crime, vagrancy, and resisting an arrest for that crime.

>He doesn't resist arrest.
He begins resisting at 1:20.

>Entering a town isn't illegal, though
Vagrancy is.

>because walking to a diner to buy a meal isn't vagrancy or illegal
Loitering around an area for unknown purposes, even after you're given an opportunity to leave, and resisting arrest for this crime while having a concealed weapon on you, is illegal.

>Problem is, the film itself and logic deflates your argument.

The problem is you're glossing over everything Rambo did wrong because he made you cry at the end.

>>69177222
>>69177248
>carrying a knife isn't illegal in this fictional town
>I know, because it's legal to carry a weapon there in my mind, and the entire police department booking him for carrying an illegal weapon were the real criminals

>>69177329
Except for when he resists arrest at the bridge and goes on a rampage at the station.

>>69177410
>he dindu nuffin wrong, his crimes weren't crimes because I say so, eff da popo
>If you think for yourself, you're a contrarian!
>>
>>69177543
Immigration act of 1917 soon pablo
>>
>>69177552
>committing a crime
Again, owning knives and walking are both legal activities in America.

>1:20
That's not resisting arrest. That's cooperating with an arrest. It's the exact opposite of resisting.

>rampage
Yeah, he freaks out when the cops illegal abuse him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_eiPmbwYw
>>
>>69176388
you
>>
>>69177552
How is he a vagrant, you fucking mongoloid? He wasn't sleeping on a bench or some shit. He was just walking, which is not illegal. What's more, a sheriff doesn't have the authority to run someone out of town, vagrant or not.
>>
>falling for bait

come on /tv/, you're better than this.
>>
>>69178011
Saying something wrong isn't trolling.
>>
>>69177788
>Again, owning knives and walking are both legal activities in America.
>still incapable of understanding that laws vary by administrative divisions, and America is not a kingdom
Ironically, you people are probably all Europeans who don't understand small government, and are telling me how things work in the US.

>That's not resisting arrest.
You're very obviously blind. That was a violent and unruly resistance to an arrest for vagrancy.

>Yeah, he freaks out when the cops illegal abuse him.
He freaks out when they try to practice hygiene on him. It's not a crime for them to not want parasites and disease from this drifter spreading through their facility.

>>69177889
>He wasn't sleeping on a bench or some shit.
So you don't understand what can constitute vagrancy, and what can justify suspicion and an arrest for vagrancy. Good to know.

>What's more, a sheriff doesn't have the authority to run someone out of town, vagrant or not.
>run someone out of town, vagrant or not.
>a sheriff doesn't have the right to let offenders off with a warning and then arrest them when they reject it
>a law enforcement officer doesn't have the right to enforce the law
Who's the mongoloid, again?

>>69178011
>if i scream bait loud enough he'll stop making me feel sad :(

Instead of being butthurt at me, perhaps be butthurt at the slimy, probably large-nosed folks who made small town white police officers out to be the devil for enforcing the law.
>>
>>69178081
It is when you're blatantly ignoring facts.
>>
File: The Goose.png (140 KB, 300x336) Image search: [Google]
The Goose.png
140 KB, 300x336
Tfw based Gosling stars in a First Blood remake.
>>
>>69178135
This is going nowhere as we both are repeating ourselves so I'll let other anons read this thread and watch the videos to judge for themselves.

Have a fun one!
>>
ITT: Bootlickers
>>
>>69177788
not that guy

but in Florida, ALL gravity knives aka knives that open by coming out of a sheath or by force of gravity like a butterfly knife are illegal to carry UNLESS you have a concealed weapons permit, getting caught with one is a 1st degree misdemeanor
>>
>>69178135
>A vagrant could be described as being "a person without a settled home or regular work who wanders from place to place and lives by begging"
>lives by begging
So no, Rambo wasn't a vagrant. Also:

>running someone out of town
>a warning

Looks like you're still the mongoloid.
>>
Stallone is a good actor. He just got a bunch of shitty movies in the last couple decades but that doesn't make him a bad actor
>>
>>69178323
He redeemed himself with Rocky 6, Rambo 4 and Creed.
>>
>>69178222
>admitting defeat under the guise of letting the "people decide" and spinelessly slithering away
Sad!

>>69178291
He was a stranger with questionable intent ("i just want something to eat, i promise! hehehe, trust me you dumb gavone!" doesn't cut it) wandering around a strange town dressed like a deviant menace. That was enough to qualify for vagrancy, under many definitions, including the one that the police department in this action flick used to book him. Instead of breaking out of prison and murdering innocent people, perhaps take advantage of a free attorney to contest your charges, if you believe yourself to be innocent.

>running someone out of town
>a warning
He warned him to cease his vagrancy and offered him a ride out of town, free of charge. Rambo chose not to heed this warning, and paid the price.
>>
>>69178448
>jacket with the United States flag
>dressed like a deviant menace

The bait has gotten too strong.
>>
>>69178289
The knives industry doesn't have high powered lobbyists like the NRA
>>
>>69178523
Plenty of degenerate beatnik lunatics used the American flag for deviant purposes. Many of them were Vietnam vets, as well. The anti-social attitude, gruff demeanor, and disregard for authority in favor of his personal feelings (a sign of beinghighly emotionally corruptible, the possibility of him being an NVA sleeper should be explored) are far better indicators of a ne'er-do-well.
>>
>>69178639
The penalty for a concealed firearm w/o permit is a 3rd degree felony, that's an instant trip to prison
>>
>>69178677
Just fuck off already. You're not going to convince anyone that arresting an American vet for wearing an American jacket in an American town is legal.
>>
>>69178846
>arresting an American vet for wearing an American jacket in an American town is legal.
I want you to know that I pity your complete lack of reading comprehension and juvenile anger, and that it's no shame to seek help for your illiteracy.
>>
Has anyone read the novel? Is it any good
>>
We need to gas the bootlickers

They an enable tyranny
>>
>>69179054
>read
>>>/lit/
>>
>>69176885
You typically can't have a knife over a certain length. Since Rambo had that giant thing, I'm sure that was his problem.
>>
>>69177138
>Entering a town isn't illegal, though. The cop isn't the king. He doesn't make laws. You don't have to obey him when the law doesn't support him (which it wouldn't in this case, because walking to a diner to buy a meal isn't vagrancy or illegal).

Man, there's a legal reality, and an actual reality. Lots of cops do illegal things because they can. Is someone like Rambo (or anyone else without means) really going to challenge an illegal arrest? Cops can do what they want for the most part.
>>
File: Infringement.jpg (94 KB, 630x450) Image search: [Google]
Infringement.jpg
94 KB, 630x450
>>69175873
>>69175942
>>69175970
>>69176060
>>69176220
>>69176386
>>69176515
>>69176596
>>69176685
>>69176814
>>69176911
>>69177114
>>69177552
>>69178135
>>69178448
>>69178677
>>69178955
>>69179128
Kill yourself
Rambo ws acting out his duty as an American soldier and citizen. You are everything that is wrong with America nowadays. I call you people "red coat americans". And you redcoat-americans need to be deported for treason against American values
Fucking shills
>>
>>69179335
The point of the movie wasn't that anyone was right or wrong. The sheriff shouldn't have been a sadistic asshole for no reason. Rambo shouldn't have blown up the town in retaliation. But what can you do? Not everything has a clear-cut moral resolution.
>>
>>69179335
/tv/
is soo tired of shitpost new stuff that they gonna shitpost old classics now
cant wait for some retard making a thread shitting on T2 or classic Robocop
>>
>>69179054

It's pretty good, but they make Rambo less sympathetic, and more like a wild animal.

It also ends with Rambo getting his head blown off.
>>
>>69179054
I have read the novel. I liked it more than the movie. It was much more violent, and Trautman kills Rambo in the end.
>>
>>69176032
NOTHING IS OVER! NOTHING!
>>
>>69179097
This isn't Reddit faggot
>>
>>69179251
Yep. It's a reality that the cop would do something like that, because bad cops do bad shit like that all the time.

It makes the cop a bad guy while Rambo is sympathetic because he really was just minding his own business.
>>
>>69175873
Pepestd syndrom
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.