[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on Boyhood?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: boyhood.jpg (386 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
boyhood.jpg
386 KB, 800x1200
Opinions on Boyhood?
>>
>>69170392

IT
>>
average film. becomes insufferable towards the end.

perhaps linklater's weakest film? still think it deserved the oscar more than birdman. i'll take 12 years gimmick over tracking shot gimmick any day of the week.
>>
>>69170392
TWELVE
>>
TOOK
>>
>>69170450

SUCKS
>>
YEARS
>>
waste of time, waste of life
>>
HE
>>
File: 347674.jpg (30 KB, 383x550) Image search: [Google]
347674.jpg
30 KB, 383x550
>You know how everyone's always saying seize the moment? I don't know, I'm kinda thinking it's the other way around. You know, like the moment seizes us.
>>
Memes aside, it's not really good.
Will be considered as a cult film in 50 years, screencap this.
Linklater is great though, Everybody Wants Some!! is fucking glorious.
>>
>>69170557

It was supposed to be cringey young intellectual dialogue

Or was it
>>
Did you know it took 12 years to make?
>>
Once Mason turned 15 he just became more and more of an insufferable prick, other than that it was alright.
>>
People wanted some schmaltzy sentimental wank about growing up when really it's just accurately portraying reality.
>>
>>69170613

Literally Linklater's Career: The Post
>>
File: 1458064924073.png (75 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
1458064924073.png
75 KB, 323x323
>>69170644
>film seriously ends with him and his college roomies taking acid and talking deep shit in the wilderness
jesus christ. what was linklater thinking. i think of slacker's ending and how great that was and instead we get this
>>
>>69170392
Basically >>69170463
It seemed inexcusable that they fell into Dawson Casting when the entire gimmick was that they filmed it as the kid grew up
>>
>Richard Linklater tells the life story of your typical Richard Linklater fan but forgets that your typical Richard Linklater fan is an entirely unlikable pretentious douche.
>>
I kinda like it for some reason.

Probably for all the deep thoughts Mason develops towards the end. It does something to me that I'd like to listen to it again and again.

The rest of the movie is really boring and average though.
>>
>>69170729
Sounds like somebody got passed over by the hot girl for a linklater fan. Cry moar, fag boy.
>>
>>69170812
>hot girl
>for a linklater fan
>>
It has a soul.
>>
If I take 12 years to write my review, will you see that as a profound and deep piece of art?
>>
File: patricia-arquette.jpg (33 KB, 330x500) Image search: [Google]
patricia-arquette.jpg
33 KB, 330x500
The mommy tits were pretty kino but it was gimmicky garbage otherwise
>>
literally nothing happened in the movie.

literally nothing of note.

literally
>>
>>69170392
It was aite
>>
It gives some feels, not the best Linklater but its far from being his worst.
>>
File: 1462473117358.jpg (51 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
1462473117358.jpg
51 KB, 640x628
Friend of mine loves Linklater movies.
>"its so real and personal, like its real life up on the screen"
>"it showed how complex life is and that its not an exciting action packed adventure, like the movies show"
>"the dialogue was so true, "You know how everyone says seize the moment? I dont know, maybe its the other way around, and the moment seizes us". Thats just amazing!"
>>
File: 1457747596606.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1457747596606.png
13 KB, 418x359
>The mommy tits were pretty kino
>>
>>69170450
FOLLOWS
>>
>>69171346
meant for
>>69171021
>>
File: images-3.jpg (7 KB, 192x263) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
7 KB, 192x263
>>69170392

>hurr durr 12 years meme
>hurr durr mike and jay hate this movie I hate it as well

Fuck you, RLMfags. The movie was literal kino. Bravo, Linklater.
>>
I like it, it was comfortable.

>LEEEEEEEEET ME GO
>>
>>69170392

I'm actually kind of worried about how people growing up will be influenced by this movie.

The main message of the movie is that you shouldn't think of life in big moments, but that you should instead enjoy the moment. But it's exactly this attitude that turns the protagonist into a slacker pothead. Is this really what we should be teaching people? It's such a devaluation of life. It's not too far from outright nihilism.

I'd love to see a Boyhood movie where Boyhood works to become an ambitious business man, or an influential scientist. That would actually be helpful for people.
>>
>>69171782
Fucking yes, the protagonist gets all this advice thrown at him to improve himself and he just shrugs and moves on, not paying attention to any of it.

You know what? I want to see a Boyhood 2, just to see where the fucking chump ended up with his outlook, and dont pull a movie turn and give a happy ending out of nowhere, show the result of being a pseudo philosopher waster instead of someone who is driven by a goal and purpose.
>>
i'd rather watch yiyi tbqh faehm
>>
when he was young he was super cute
he got even cuter when he started painting his nails :3
>>
File: I'm that guy.jpg (36 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
I'm that guy.jpg
36 KB, 620x620
filename
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.