[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
True Detective S2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: ray-fucked-up.jpg (78 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ray-fucked-up.jpg
78 KB, 1366x768
Let me start by saying that I am a devout True Detective fan. First season had my balls jiggling like a fucking bowling alley ball recovering thing that sent the bowling balls back up to the person... whatever the fuck it was it was good.

Then, season 2 came. I was already jizzing myself even of the notion that there was even a S2 fucking existing let alone coming out towards my very eyes and shit.

There were many issues with the second season, but none greater than the tissue I will point out towards you right now.

After Velcoro was done fulfilling his egotistical father fantasy with his fucked up fat ginger kid, he soon realizes oh fack, policia done put a transponder on my car.

Option 1: Get in car and drive towards destination
Optiion 2: Get in car while figuring out a way to ditch cops
Option 3: Don't get in car, catch a bus or something
Option 4: This is getting utterly ridiculous now.
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 299x168
>>69169056
It was what he had to do
>>
>>69169181
See, that is just some self-fulfilling proficiency bullshit that the writers told you in order to make this all ok. Let me tell you, It's not ok. What happened to Ray Vinci is a god damned travesty on all accounts. He was killed by a lack of creativity. And that, sir, is not, and never will be, ok, ok,
>>
>>69169279
I could go into it more but I'm on mobile at work. I don't totally disagree with you. He was just tired of running and being beaten down by life.
>>
>>69169056
based ray was the best part of season 2. his scenes were nice to watch.
>>
>>69169417
Do you fucking thing I care about your reason for lack of input? Christ, didn't 4chan used to be about giving a wholesome fucking opinion or something?
>>
>>69169458
What the fuck does "based ray" even mean? Are you that much of a sheepish cunt that you just follow what other people say?
>>
>>69169056
They were gonna get his ass no matter what and if he escaped it would just make it worse they would of used fat pussy for leverage
S2 was God tier
>>
>>69169056
>After Velcoro was done fulfilling his egotistical father fantasy with his fucked up fat ginger kid

But the message is that it was only because Velcoro was a true father and considered the ginger child to be his son no matter what that he realised there was a transponder under his car. It's because he valued father hood that he was rewarded not only by the outcome that the ginger kid really was his son, but by being able to pass on his genes with the female cop as well , who otherwise would have been killed by the bad cops when Velcoro lead them to her

I seem to remember that as soon as he realised the policetransponder was under his car he tensed up and tried to look around, which indicates that he believed that the police following him might have been close by , so leaving the car andtrying ot wait at the nearest bus stop would be no good.

So he decided to get in the car to appear natural ,and of course not lead them to the meeting point.

At this point he could have decided on a better place to make his last stand than running into a redwood forest on foot.

But maybe he thought that if he went back into town in order to try and lose them in traffic and bail on his car then as soon as he went into town the bad cops would call a larger police squad to stop him. I'm not sure.

Overall it wasn't that irrational the culmination of the contrasting themes and perspectives on father hood was quite poetic :)
>>
>>69169056
IIRC he was looking around and saw (or possibly imagined) human surveillance watching him at that moment.

So his choices were pretty much:
>abandon vehicle, try to escape on foot while being closely pursued
>get back in the car and start driving until you can formulate a better plan

I don't see a clear winner between the two personally, but I might be misremembering some things.
>>
>>69169056
He decided to lead them away from Bezzerides to give her a chance. He figured the one good thing he could do with his inevitable demise was but her time and at least take some of them down with him.
>>
>>69169933
>>69169946
>>69169953
Ok, by being a stupid cunt by all means, what exactly does this make you guys? Super stupid cunts?

Seriously, guys. Fucking try harder next time.
>>
Loves season 1. Season 2 was ass
>>
Vinceposting needs a rebirth
>>
>>69170926
You are the entire reason 4chan has gone to shit.

Congratulations on being the most worthless piece of shit imaginable.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.