[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
not an sjw but I cant be the only one who has no problem with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: rogueonetrailer1-large.jpg (26 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
rogueonetrailer1-large.jpg
26 KB, 720x405
not an sjw but I cant be the only one who has no problem with women taking leads
>>
Neither broheim. As long as the character is good I don't care.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj08Jwp-2q0
>>
Ain't taking anything.
>>
The issue isn't with women taking leads, it's with poorly cast women replacing good leads by virtue of them being women. See: new Ghostbusters
>>
I do because it doesn't transfer to sex or relationships.
>tfw no dominant gf
>>
>>69166408
This. At least Ira Belle is a better actress than QWOD JUMPAH girl.
>>
File: 1461787305709.jpg (69 KB, 491x745) Image search: [Google]
1461787305709.jpg
69 KB, 491x745
>>69166341
I have no problem with them either
>>
>White
>British
>Female
>Skinny

I'm sick of seeing them in my shows and movies.
>>
>>69166408

What?

The new Ghostbusters was never going to be a male cast. They were never going to make a Ghostbusters 3. The idea from the start was to explore the concept of Ghostbusters through the lense of femininity.

It still looks like a shit movie, but that's not because it's got women in the lead. More because the writing is shit, the comedy is too obvious for a Ghostbusters movie and doesn't know who its target audience is.
>>
>>69166466
stick to your slags and lesbians kid
>>
>>69166341
Once you notice the agenda quota hiring becomes extremely apparent. It's like when a movie has tons of product placement, except now it's women and minorities.
>>
File: daisy.webm (3 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
daisy.webm
3 MB, 640x640
>>69166438
Ah snap! You dirty dog you! I bet you get a ton of dat pussy
>>
>>69166341
It's unrealistic and trash
>>
>>69166512
Agreed. They made the movie with women because its the last way to re-explore the movie without copying the original shot for shot within just 30 years.

It'll be garbage but its a business move that doesn't immediately alienate /both/ millennial women and older men who had already seen the original, just the older men.
>>
If she can act. Most media and films do a terrible job of female leads.
>>
>>69166512

I'll take this new shitty Ghostbusters over an actual Ghostbusters 3 with the remaining original cast. Everyone left is either insane, burnt-out or flatly uninterested in ever touching the franchise again, and most of them have been in nothing but shit for decades.

Even as bad as that trailer looks, it still has a better chance of being good then an actual Ghostbusters 3. The trailers for Spy were terrible too and that ended up being pretty good, maybe we'll get lucky and it'll end up being a similar situation here.
>>
>>69166341
Depends if they turn out to be good waifus.
>>
>>69167332
>Everyone left is either insane, burnt-out or flatly uninterested
You forgot "dead".

Also, I gotta say I enjoyed The Heat, Bridesmaids, and Spy. They were all pretty funny. My first impression of the Ghostbusters trailer was "this doesn't seem representative of the film"; like they weren't allowed to show the actual content due to it maybe being inappropriate for the trailer or something. We'll see.

Feig is still a faggot.
>>
>>69166341
If Mulan came out today while people (males) would lose their shit somehow.
>>
>>69167544

My big issue with Bridesmaids and especially with The Heat is the Apatowian screenplay where it's just a bunch of improv scenes glued together with a threadbare plot. That can be fun but it's really hard to sustain that for a whole movie without it becoming tiresome.

Spy was hardly a deftly plotted narrative, but it at least cared about its own plot to a greater degree then Feig's other two films. He remembered to write an actual movie around all the jokes.
>>
>>69166341
I feel you. As long as the acting is good and it's a cool character I don't care. It's more likely that your time spent here skewed your perception of what the public thinks about this matter.

In the end, many here just find themselves trapped in an endless cycle of memes and shitposting because they lack the confidence to express their own opinion. Because that would be something to stand up for and something that could be scrutinized.
>>
>>69167603
Agreed.
>>
>>69166466
I'm sick of seeing your trip on this board, you fucking cocksucker.
>>
>>69166341
I don't have a problem either
But I do have a problem when they continue to remind you that a girl is in charge and how she's so much stronger than men
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.