[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all have a mature conversation about what this movie was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: wait what.jpg (85 KB, 534x755) Image search: [Google]
wait what.jpg
85 KB, 534x755
Can we all have a mature conversation about what this movie was even about?
>>
>>69151802
about black death and Bean dies again
>>
The pest
No idea what's so great about this movie but it is
>>
>>69151802
For me it seemed like it was very critical about faith. How it can change people, and lead them to commit evil. Not exactly a new idea, but I still loved the movie regardless. Also thought it was great how Redmayne's character is the one that embodies all of that.
>>
>>69151944
That's a stupid fucking interpretation
>>
>>69151802
I thought it was pretty good. I don't exactly remember what happened though. Did Sean Bean the Black Death and infected everyone in the end? I guess it was about how extremism is bad, but also about the power of ideology.
>>
>>69152000
Sorry you feel that way bruh. What's your interpretation?
>>
Women are the root of all evil and should be eliminated with extreme prejudice
>>
File: lindy.jpg (8 KB, 178x228) Image search: [Google]
lindy.jpg
8 KB, 178x228
>>69151802
Someone said "the black death was a thing, has anyone ever done a movie on it", someone wrote a script, someone decided to fund it and they ran the idea through the mill.
>>
>>69152062
Sorry for being so rude :(
How does anyone's faith change anyone? And the evil he commits is because of his gf not his faith
>>
>>69152116
Probably this
>>
>>69152142
I think it's clear that in the end Redmayne ends up torturing and killing innocent women because he can't come to terms with the fact that he really did kill his drugged lover.
>>
>>69152201
Yeah I mean but this wasn't rooted in faith. The witch made it look like a resurrection. He wasn't a religious extremist nutcase. I think his faith played little into this it's more about him seeking vengeance
>>
Why was everyone in this movie violent and/or sadistic? Literally not one relatable character.
>>
>>69152274
I think it's a combination of faith and revenge. He's obviously unhinged after he kills his love (though he was tricked a little), and his faith gives him an outlet for that revenge by presenting him with the opportunity to murder random "witches," even if faith isn't the primary cause.
>>
Wasn't really about that much. Pestilence, desperation, turning to religion for salvation in times of chaos.

Just a pretty good atmospheric piece of flick with a couple fight scenes to keep dudebros watching.

Still good. I would give it a strong seven out of ten.
>>
>>69152495
>his faith gives him an outlet for that revenge
We'll have to disagree on that one. I can't even see how someone could come to the conclusion that his faith plays any role in his revenge
>>
>>69152651
if he hadn't claimed to be burning witches in the name of the lord, people wouldn't have let him run around killing random women
>>
>>69151802
It had a nice medievil setup but then they felt like the plot needs to go somewhere.
>>
>>69152686
But that's not his faith. That's just him slaying bitches to get revenge
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.