[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the hell MARVEL never kills any major character in their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
Why the hell MARVEL never kills any major character in their movies?

Coulson is dead... but not really!
Nick Fury is dead... but not really!
Quicksilver is dead... but no one gives a shit!
Rhodes is dead... but not really!

I just really wanted to see Captain to die in this one.

How was it for you?
>>
>why don't they kill characters that print money
>>
>>69148720
cos comics
>>
Literally gave my ticket to a friend for free. No idea why I bought it in the first place.
>>
antman, arrowman, leatherlady, catnigger and nigger-bot needed to die before their solo films can be conceived and implemented.
>>
>killing off a major marvel character before the final avengers movies
lel ok
>>
>anyone not named Uncle Ben staying dead

Babby's first marvel
>>
>>69148720
>Quicksilver is dead... but no one gives a shit!
hey, I liked him
>>
>>69148820
Capecuck

You are worse than anyone who actually likes these movies. Pathetic
>>
>>69148905
I didnt see that coming :^)
>>
>>69148720
Quicksilver wasn't a character, he was a plot device for Scarlet Witch.
>>
>>69148877
>Uncle Ben staying dead
Every couple of years he gets up so they can kill him again
>>
>>69148905
You're thinking of Days of Future Past, anon. That Quicksilver was good. The one in AoU was a cardboard stand in they had to film because Aaron Taylor Johnson hates acting and refused to leave his trailer.
>>
>I just really wanted to see Captain to die in this one.
Why?
Civil War in the comics was retarded any way.
The movie was a better execution of the ideas.
And Cap dying would've been pretty retarded.
>>
Crossbones is dead. I'll miss him.
>>
>>69150331
>And Cap dying would've been pretty retarded.
Why?
>>
>>69150359
inb4 BECAUSE HURR DURR INFINITY RESURRECT HURR DURR. They shouldn't resurrect him.

inb4 CONTRACT HURR DURR
Film him in a flashback or something, or as a Tony's conscience fucking with him, I don't know.
>>
I liked it more than Civil War desu.
>>
>>69150341
Frank Grillo is handsome.
>>
>edgy dcucks want more violence
wait for the new batman movie, I heard he gets raped and then gets hanged from a bridge for all gotham to see, with his bleeding gaping anus exposed of course, I'm sure you'll love that
>>
>>69148720
>Rhodes is dead... but not really!

They never once implied he was dead.
>>
>>69148720
a better version of quicksilver in x-men
>>
>>69150779
To be fair to anon, the trailers sort of implied it.
Of course, the trailers would've been pretty retarded if they spoiled a character's death.
Which isn't really that far off from generic Hollywood trailers.
>>
I'm done with this Mickey Mouse-tier soap opera drama. It doesn't help either that all the fight scenes are edited by a teenager with Tourette's and Parkinson's, it's as if they want to distract the audience from how shoddy everything looks by waving a flashlight on their face. I couldn't give a damn about any of these sterile excuses for characters. During the airport scene all the artificially-inflated conflict devolved into a child playing with one toy in each hand and bashing them together.

It's riddled with sophomoric and shallow pseudo-political ponderings that are thrown out the window when the quiptastic action starts. They completely disregard for the umpteenth time the collateral damage while they're having fun showcasing their flashy abilities.

The third act pretends to get serious when in reality it turns into a cheap heartstring manipulation revolving around "why didn't you tell me Cap waaa".

This part completely disregards the fact that Stark knows all too well that brainwashing and mental manipulation is a thing, let's not forget that he has witnessed it firsthand with Banner. There's no excuse for him to have such a sudden change of heart other than to extend the conflict for another 15 minutes of mindless violence, and leave the manchildren with the impression that they've just witnessed an intricate revenge tragedy.

All smoke and mirrors, the constant quipping is an effective tool to cloud a fanboy's mind and judgement.

Finally, what's left is an entire team of "world-class" heroes that got fooled by a man wearing a Bucky mask. Not to mention that the villain's stale trope was better executed 19 years ago when Scream 2 came out, ironically, a film satirizing this cliché.

If you don't think this is cartoonish and laughable you might be too young to post on this site.

Never again.
>>
>>69150541
That wouldn't make sense still. Tony saw him dead with the other Avengers during the AoU nightmare.
Also, Phase 3 will be about Civil War, killing off Cap the very first movie it starts would be retarded.
>>
File: get a load of this guy.jpg (358 KB, 599x601) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this guy.jpg
358 KB, 599x601
>DC kills Superman and everyone fucking knows he will be back in the next movie

Oh noes, Marvel doesnt resort to gay gimmicks!
>>
>>69150994

I watched John Wick before I watched Civil War and gotta say I really appreciated that the camera in John Wick didn't fucking shake and cut all over the place during his extended fight scenes, then in Civil War the first big fight Crossbone vs Cap is fucking shaky cam, looking at their legs, cutting all over the fucking place.
Story was about the same level of complexity too
>>
Yeah, because killing him in this movie and then reviving him for Infinity War would be so much better.

Fuck off you cuck, Quicksilver and Superman dying were some of the most retarded decisions these capeshit companies made. Quicksilver had no impact because he had just been introduced and Superman was pointless because we already know he'll be back for JL. I'm glad they didn't kill Cap, that would've been such a shitty gimmick.
>>
>>69148720
Welcome to comics.
>>
>>69150359
Because I want Infinity War to be about Infinity War, not have the first part be some out of place quest to revive Cap even though he can't do shit against Thanos.
>>
>>69152010

Honestly i still think that Quicksilver death was more the result of an under the table compromise between Marvel and Fox. They keep their version of Quicksilver as a central X-Men character while Marvel keeps Wanda.
>>
>>69148720

What's annoying is the whole point of Civil War was Cap being killed and exposing the corruption continued and he was right.

Now what? He just disappears? It completely removes the gravitas of the storyline, so why even do it to begin with?
>>
>>69152135

It's also very stupid to kill off a characters knowing that he will be revived in the next movie. At least in comics they revive characters after a good amount of time inside their continuity. In fact the only interesting thing about super heroes deaths is the aftermath and how the other characters deal with their absence.
>>
>>69152273
>What's annoying is the whole point of Civil War was Cap being killed and exposing the corruption continued and he was right.
He wasn't.
>>
>>69152273
Civil War ends with Cap arrested. He dies later, after the event's over. And he never really died.
>>
>>69152343

He was. The laws were done away with and the team reassembled.
>>
>>69152273

The comic version of Civil War was actually terrible. A lot of utterly stupid things (cyborg clone Thor anyone?) and totally out of character moments. The death of Cap was also AFTER the storyline ended and it wasn't a good idea either. The story in the original version has no gravitas at all, aside from the novelty of seeing those character go after each other. If anything the follow up was even worse and i stopped reading Marvel comics during Dark Reign. The movie is more about collateral damages and it works withouth stupid fake super hero deaths.
>>
The villain was the most horseshit part about the movie.
He should not have been able to fool neither the Avengers nor any government with his shit.
And both Cap and Tony were basically bitches bitching about MUH MOM and MUH FRIEND.
These are the superheroes you want us to root for or something?
>>
>>69152439

Obviously "die" is just the word. They'll never kill a MC. As >>69152303 said, it's the reaction from the other characters that matters.
>>
>>69152273
That's not the point in the movie you idiot. Tony's involvement with the UN symbolizes the corruption can be countered with his collaboration.
>>
>>69152476
He underscored the tension that lied beneath their relationship. They could never truly be allies until they cleared this out amongst themselves. I agree Zemo was kind of a plot device to set this up though.
>>
>>69152468

I know he was killed after, but they're not going to kill him in one of the other movies. That's why they should have shifted it to this one, so dealing with it can underscore the other MCU movies.

>The movie is more about collateral damages and it works withouth stupid fake super hero deaths.

All of a sudden. That's the problem. The idea is it's supposed to bring them home to the Avengers doesn't really work without repercussions beyond Super Hero Fight.
>>
>>69148835
>not wanting a movie about Hawkeye fixing up his farmhouse and fucking his hot wife
>>
>>69152502

That's not what happened in the comic. It appears to work, then after CA surrenders, he's killed exposing the corruption that continues. That's what I said. Why do Civil War if you're not goign to do Civil War?
>>
>>69152662
Because comic Civil War is a fucking disgrace and by far the worst comic book event ever made.
The concept was interesting, the execution was a complete disaster.
>>
>>69152662

>not realizing this isn't a Captain America movie but Iron Man
>believing Marvel will ever show Iron Man to be the POS he is

Never happen for the same reason they won't kill a main character.
>>
>>69152678
>by far the worst comic book event

You misspelled Identity Crisis.
>>
>>69152694
Why is he a PoS?
He's been trying in both AoU and CW to make ammends for all the damage he has caused.
>>
Requesting "not my friend anymore" pic
>>
>>69152678
>it's not like much comic
Literally anyone with taste would tell you this movie with all its flaws is still a far better adaptation of the premise
>>
>>69152740

To the exclusion of personal responsibility. Stark's problem is he makes all the decisions and sees himself fit to make those decisions. They should accept the Accords and that's it. He confines Wanda because she made a mistake.

Everyone should be accountable for mistakes or brainwashing except him.
>>
>>69152736
Debatable, the fact is that Civil War comic was garbage that made Iron Man, someone who was claiming to be fighting for superhero rights, act like a villain.
>>
>>69152832

It's not an adaption of the premise. It just takes the title.
>>
>>69152832
And it is, everyone agrees that the movie is much better than the comic because the comic just committed so many mistakes that they would really have to try hard to make it worse.
>>
>>69152868

I don't really disagree for the same reason I hated Identity Crisis. I didn't care much for it, myself, don't get me wrong. But if you're going to adapt it, adapt it and not have Stark behave similarly but never call him out on it and instead make him appear sympathetic.
>>
>>69152938
But that's what they wanted to do, they wanted to make both sides sympathetic because they are both heroes, they both want the best for the security of the planet.
>>
>>69152970
They are both annoying whiners played like a fiddle by the most basic villain.
>>
>>69152989
Zemo only just fast-forwarded something that was going to happen.
The issues were still there and things were going to go to shit regardless of him.
He just found their weaknesses and exploited them.
>>
>>69152970

I wouldn't have a problem with that if they'd have called attention to what Stark was doing and focused more on the Security v Liberty angle. I don't know, maybe they didn't want to get too political given where we are. Bucky killing his parents just seemed so melodramatic and left me feeling that it was put in there simply to make him sympathetic. Aside from that, it doesn't add anything to the story.

Maybe Spiderman will give some time to it, but CW left me underwhelmed.
>>
>>69153069

To add, I liked Stark as a character, but he's getting too close to MCU-wide protagonist privilege for my liking.
>>
>>69153069
Bucky killing his parents was already heavily implied in TWS, in Zola's scene.
>>
>>69153005
It didn't feel like the issues grew naturally out of what has happened to that point, or that the catalyst were strong enough. I get the premise of a flawed, emotions-driven hero, I really do, but the way they tried to set it up felt a bit shallow.
>>
>>69153113
Because the tone of the movies that came before didn't make it seem as if the casualties were that important.
>>
>>69152135
Then don't revive him. Everybody wins.
>>
>>69153142
And kill the leader of the Avengers before the great finale?
No.
>>
Meanwhile based DC has the balls to kill Superman and the Joker
>>
>>69153132
Well that's because they weren't.
They were warring against aliens, or evil cyborgs, or super-terrorists, and all things considered, they got off easily every single time. The only time Avengers were really directly at fault is when Tony created Ultron trying to create a defense system. And that wasn't even fucking brought up! Yeah, people get killed when such things happen, it's better than giving up an entire city or a country or a continent worth of population. The movie appeals to muh feelings more than anything logical. It was one straw short of showing a kitten getting killed by a stray shrapnel off Iron Man's suit.
>>
>>69153212
Superman remained dead for about 10 minutes.
>>
>>69153155
>great finale
Implying it will be either.
>>
>>69148720
In Infinity War everyone will die but then it will be undone by Dr.Strange/Scarlett Witch. Although, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cap die and have Falcon take his place, or have Iron Man die and Pepper Potts take his place.

I'm sure plenty of the actors involved in the MCU are over it and want to be killed off so they can just go on vacation and do indie movies for shits and giggles. It's just a matter of "who doesn't make it, who makes the ultimate sacrifice?"
>>
>>69153276
The Russos delivered with Civil War, they made a decent movie out of one of the worst comic book events ever made.
>>
>>69153296
>The Russos delivered with Civil War
topkek
>>
>>69153223
>The only time Avengers were really directly at fault is when Tony created Ultron trying to create a defense system. And that wasn't even fucking brought up!
Aside from the group, the gov doesn't know Stank created him.
>>
>>69153320
They did, it's by far the best Avengers movie and easily in the top 3, which is remarkable considering the atrocious source material they had to work with this time.
>>
>>69153339
>and easily in the top 3
Top three what? Marvel films? Gee whiz.
>>
>>69153339
If they simply discard the source material it's not remarkable at all

>>69153333
Then that's even worse. Populace at large has no reason to be angry with Avengers.
>>
>>69153378
>If they simply discard the source material it's not remarkable at all
It is because they were clever enough to realize that comic Civil War is garbage.

>>69153377
Yes, considering there's only TWS, GOTG and Iron Man, the fact that it got into my top 3 with such an originally atrocious storyline is quite a success.
>>
>>69153107

I know, but the reveal adds nothing to CW other than Muh Parents and spawn the Super Hero Fight.

Again, if it would have been to portray Tony as being kinda hypocritical, OK. Except they don't.
>>
>>69153378
It wasn't, it was to show that Cap made a mistake too and that it's questionable the fact that he wanted to defend Bucky.
>>
>>69153377
>Top three what?
TOP THREE OF MANKIND'S GREATEST ACHIEVEMENTS.

They are as follows,

1.Internet
2.Anime
3.Captain America: Civil War
>>
>>69153412

>top 3 with such an originally atrocious storyline is quite a success.

I'm beginning to suspect you are little more than an Iron Manlet fag who hates the comic but loves the movie because of Stark's contrasting portrayals.
>>
>>69153412
>originally atrocious storyline
You keep saying this. What the fuck was so bad about it?
>>
>>69153497
No, in fact I was in Team Cap from the begining, and in the end I just wasn't in either.
I'm happy that Iron Man wasn't portrayed as a villain because he's a superhero. Making him a villain would have been completely retarded.
>>
>>69153467

It's not questionable at all since it's established he was fucking brainwashed.
>>
>>69153522
> he's a superhero. Making him a villain would have been completely retarded.
ANd that kind of shallow black and white thinking is the exact reason these Marvel movies are so fucking boring. There is a difference between "villain" and "antagonist."
>>
>>69153513
There's a lot of issues regarding the story, but it's mainly the fact that they had to make every single character act out-of-character to make the conflict happen.
Not only that, but they went on with it for so long that they didn't know what to do to end it, and in the end they just decided to make Iron Man's team mustache-twisting villains and make Cap the good guy to end it.

The movie promised a conflict with both sides being sympathetic, the comic did that and it dropped it half-war through.
>>
>>69148747
They could definitely kill Black Iron Man. Him falling from the sky felt like a soap opera.
>>
>>69153522
Iron Man is portrayed as an emotional wreck from movie to movie which may be worse. Like he doesn't grow and that's his entire character, he lets his ego fuck it up then rolls eyes and everything is business as usual. I thought between IM3 and AoU they'd have gotten over it.
>>
>>69148720
Carter is dead
>>
>>69153568
Why are you implying that antagonist = villain?
>>
Coulson is dead, have you seen him in any movies since then?
>>
>>69151909
You know what's funny?
The directors of that did second unit in Civil War.
>>
>>69153609
...I'm doing the exact opposite of that. Is english not your first language?
>>
>>69153573

Stark could've remained sympathetic and still have his double standards addressed. I agree he's more in-character in the movie. Stark is self-centered and thus, projects his guilt onto others.

But it's never addressed.
>>
>>69153568
Neither of them was the villain, only Zemo.
>>
>>69153587
>he doesn't grow

>Iron Man 1
>''Maybe I have to take the responsability for the mistakes I made.''

>Iron Man 2
>''Maybe I do need to accept the help from others since I can't do this alone.''

>Avengers
>''Maybe not even me and my friends are enough to make it work.''

>Iron Man 3
>''Maybe there's something more to me than these suits and I should look at the bigger picture.''

>AoU
>''Maybe I can make it so heroes are not needed anymore.''

>Civil War
>''Maybe we really need someone to control us.''

From Iron Man 2 to Civil War he has changed a lot.
Look at how he defied the government in IM2, to agreeing with them now.
>>
>>69153568
But that's exactly what Iron Man is in CW, an antagonist, not a villain.
>>
Who's got pics of Peggy Carter's death?!
>>
File: rip cap.png (717 KB, 490x700) Image search: [Google]
rip cap.png
717 KB, 490x700
>>69153908
>>
>>69153707

That's not growth, anon.

You'll notice how through it all, dealing with his ego-centrism in no way factors in. All his decisions are informed by that.

He feels guilty after Ultron. Great. Instead of saying "Hey, I fuck up, maybe I should categorically make decisions for the group" he pretty much mandates they should sign up with the government, despite all the corruption.
>>
>>69153941

*shouldn't
>>
>>69148720

>Called Civil War.
>Only civilians die. Off camera.
>>
>>69153941
>ego
He has to swallow his own ego every single one of those times.
He keeps clinging to his sarcastic attitude because that's how he has always been his entire life.
>>
>>69153908
>>69153940
And how does she died?
>>
>>69148720
because if you can tell a history without killing anyone you have mastered true art.
>>
>>69153985
Natural death, she was 100 and something old, they tell Cap she died in her sleep.
>>
I totally think Superman is dead

Fucking retard
>>
>>69153970
Good, the further it is from the comic the better.
There's no need to kill anyone.
>>
File: wuht.png (1 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
wuht.png
1 MB, 960x720
>>69154011
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>69153972

Thank you for agreeing, friend. If he actually had growth, he wouldn't need to swallow it.

I'm not talking about him being sarcastic. In Civil War, he's still making decisions for everyone, even after Ultron. Hell, at the end of the movie, his own personal (understandable) response is to take Bucky out despite being aware it wasn't his fault. It's all about Tony Stark.

How many more movies will it take for him to realize it isn't?
>>
Fury appeared?
>>
>>69154145
I think he already accepted in his own way that it's not only about Tony Stark when he agreed to be an Avenger and work as part of a team.
Hell, the reason why he built Ultron is because he thought the world needed something not only bigger than him, but bigger than the Avengers.
>>
>>69154011
good looking out
>>
>>69154173

You miss the point. The point is not that his intentions are good. The point is that he needs to come to terms with the idea that it's not his decision to make.

>Bucky is my friend.
>So was I.

Kinda sums it up. Tony > the emotional relevance of others
>>
>>69152869
It's not a direct adaptation of the comic, but it's still the same premise.

>some tragedy happens
>accords are made
>Cap and Tony are on different sides
>both sides fight each other

Even some elements are pulled from the comics like the lady that worked for the government with a dead son.
>>
>mfw dcfags grasp at every possible angle to shit on this movie for revenge of their precious BvS being shit on weeks ago
>>
>>69154728
It's 92% and dropping marvelcuck and everyone agrees it can't even beat TWS
>>
File: 1461450411660.png (230 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1461450411660.png
230 KB, 640x360
>>69154898
Dude, BvS started at 30-something or some shit, wound up at 29% last time I checked. Marvel always starts at 90 or 80 at worst! Just stop.
>>
>>69148835
>antman
>need to die before their solo films can be conceived and implemented

oh have i got news for you
>>
>>69154927
I rememer BvS being at 0% on the second day.
>>
>>69154728
>laying out the obvious is being a marvelcuck
I'm not a tard that takes a side, it's all capeshit...good and bad movies...
>>
>>69154898

>everyone agrees it can't be TWS

Who is this everyone? It's got 261M in one week without China or the US
>>
File: disapearbeforemyeyes.jpg (103 KB, 809x719) Image search: [Google]
disapearbeforemyeyes.jpg
103 KB, 809x719
>>69148720
>>
>>69148720

He dies after Civil war in the comics, not during.
>>
>>69154322
You're missing the point of MCU Iron Man you think that's all it is. The entire character is a mix of selfishness and selflessness, self-loathing and arrogance, hero yet unintentional villain. He fucks up because of his own arrogance then puts his life on the line, to the point where he's certain he'll die, to save others. It's not just one or the other.
>>
>>69151906
it was done for the story not your feelings faggot
>>
>>69153647
They were probably behind the airport fight and the final battle.
>>
>>69155708

And he does it again and again and again

and again and again

and again.
>>
File: thor-vs-iron-man.jpg (508 KB, 1280x2000) Image search: [Google]
thor-vs-iron-man.jpg
508 KB, 1280x2000
>>69150331
>Civil War in the comics was retarded
I agree, this movie was an update all things considered.
Still, it had a few great moments I'm hoping we'll see in succeeding films.
>>
>>69155807
>>69153647

It's a shame they're not helping with Infinity War
>>
I liked the movie.
Only thing I hated was the lame as fuck villain.
"Hurr durr my family is dead because you saved humanity, now die you fucks" is one of the shittiest villains's motives ever.
>>
I'm surprised at how they decided to set up Black Panther. Now I'm actually interested in his movie.
>>
Am I the only one happy that the african kind died?
Maybe it was because I didn't like the whole Sokovian Accords faggotry and he was the one pushing it.
>>
>>69152175
>Honestly i still think that Quicksilver death was more the result of an under the table compromise between Marvel and Fox
why? whedon literally admitted to killing him off because he was male
>>
>>69155895
correct me if im wrong, but like two "series" later, doesn't Asgard get invaded by norman osborn and his small team and get annihilated, including a beatdown from norman onto thor?
>>
My favourite part was when Captain America tells Iron Man there is a facility with 8 more Winter Soldiers ready to wake up and fuck up shit and he basically goes "LALALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU, WE MUST FIGHT".
>>
>>69155945
I dunno. You watch these people who loose loved ones at the front rows when the perpetrator is being executed, even at times when the state made a shoddy case for it and the person in question hasn't been proven guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt.
You'd think most of the time they'd want to see justice done but that often seems besides the point. They just want to externalize their hurting in a violent way in order to get some closure.
>>
>>69156118
I don't know. Civil War and what followed actually kind of soured me on Marvel, and I haven't cached up since then.
>>
>>69156144
I'm not saying it doesn't make sense that people would be angry about their family dying, I'm saying that villains with that as their motive are really shitty.
Also, it's bullshit that he managed to fool the Avengers and the entire UN with a wig, a fake mustache and a HYDRA code book.
>>
>>69156143
Zemo straight up said they died in their sleep.
>>
Both of them were right in their own way, but both acted selfishly at the end and muddled their message.
>>
>>69156218
I am talking about the scene before the airport battle.
Cap stops and tells Iron Man he is chasing a crazy asshole trying to wake up eight guys who are worse than the fucking Winter Soldier.
Iron Man reacts to this by pretending he didn't hear about it and talking to Cap as if he was fucking crazy and MUST be stopped no matter what.
>>
Why do I get the feeling that Black Widow wants to fuck Tony Stark? Do they do it in the comics?
>>
>>69156218
>died in their sleep
to the bullets he fucking put in their skulls. did you not see the bullet holes?
>>
Think Zemo will get out in succeeding films and put some rad getup on?
>>
>>69156267
What was Cap's message?
He literally stopped giving a fuck about the whole Sokovia Accords deal 20 minutes after they were introduced because he was busy trying to save his friend.
The whole conflict wasn't even a "Pro-Regulation vs Anti-Regulation" it was "Captain trying to save his buddy no matter what vs Iron Man being autistic and trying to stop him to somehow prove that he is right about the Accords".
The Accords seemed like the source of conflict at first, but then they became irrelevant as fuck for everyone who wasn't Iron Man.
>>
When will Red Skull come back? Fucker must be bored as shit inside the Tesseract.
>>
>>69153726
>But that's exactly what Iron Man is in CW, an antagonist, not a villain.

Iron Man isn't even the antagonist in the movie. Cap is unambiguously off the goddamn leash for most of the movie and a lot of what he does shows Tony was right

But it's not a black and white situation, both are heroes, both are trying to do the right thing, both are right (and wrong) in different ways.
>>
>>69156658

No matter how many times you say it, it doesn't make it true, Manlet fag. Zemo showed just how fucking exploitable the UN actually was.
>>
>"the german spec ops were told to shoot on sight, they will totally kill Bucky the moment they meet"
>later on they have Bucky surrounded, guns pointed at him but choose to arrest him instead of killing him
??'?
>>
>>69156327
Because you're dumb. BW wants that BGC.
>>
>>69153972
>how did the 100+ year old lady already in bad medical shape in the previous movie die?

Skydiving mishap
>>
>>69150994
Were you expecting real political commentary from a capeshit movie? Were you?

These films just get made to milk money out of people who just go to the theatres to watch some pretty colours and forget about their lives for two hours. They're bad, they always will be bad.
>>
Captain America is dead though.
>>
>>69149194
You mean the character that could have solved all the problems in a blink of an eye but suddenly disappears from the movie because of bad writing? that quicksilver?
>>
>>69148720
>>
>>69157881
>if it's entertaining it's bad
???? you people literally cannot be pleased
>>
>>69149194
I liked the MCU one better.
>>
>>69148820
>not seeing the movie to judge it by yourself
>giving others free shit
Becase you're retarded.
>>
Winter Soldier was better
>>
>>69158021
I should have clarified. When I said bad, I meant bad on anything deeper than a surface level. That is, if you go into the movie expecting to come out with a new idea, or thinking about anything but the action scenes and funny lines, you'll be disappointed. That's not what those films are made for. On a purely visual entertainment level they're pretty good.
>>
>>69158067
Winter soldier was seriously one of the worst superhero films of all time
>>
File: 3035443-punisher_max_gore.jpg (39 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
3035443-punisher_max_gore.jpg
39 KB, 400x400
I really liked that once scene where the camera pans across a bunch of little Arab kids right as the coffin with the British flag appears. Really fantastic! #nohate

Fuck that. I'd love to do this to the people who shoehorned that little subliminal message in there.
>>
>>69158072
you're right, it's babby's first philosophy lesson, but the films are marketed towards teenagers and young adults, people who probably don't think about life's tougher questions that often anyway. it's not meant to be deep because it's capeshit: the entire premise of the MCU is based around escapism.
>>
>>69148720
Because the movies are for children?

I mean, Marvel flicks are a comedy/light show.
>>
>>69158164
Oh I wholeheartedly agree. My original post was replying to someone who seemingly was upset at the fact that it turned out to be just another capeshit film rather than being a political commentary, and that's just not what they're meant to be.
>>
Why is ScarJo even in this shit?

What is her power?

What are her abilities?
>>
>>69158344
>Why is ScarJo even in this shit?
because hot girl
>What is her power?
hot girl
>What are her abilities?
hot girl
>>
>>69158294
All of /tv/ gets butthurt about that. What did they expect when they went to go see strong man who throws shield vs iron robot laser guy. An experimental arthouse film about the mundane realities of human life?
>>
>>69158344
She was in the middle, agreeing with Tony yet also knowing that Steve was right.
>>
>>69158394
From the studio that brought you a dance off and a talking tree no less.
>>
>>69153941

No it's not growth. It's complete self destruction. Tony will only grow when he has hit absolute bottom.
>>
I wish at least one character had died and stayed dead. It would have been at least some consolation for watching the shitshow that was Civil War.

I wanted to see a Mother Russia style supersoldier fight but instead I got some fag who is supposed to be part of an eastern european death squad crying about his wife and kid.
>>
I knew they wouldn't do it but I wanted Cap to kill Iron Man at the end there.

Overall. Pretty satisfied with it. Standard fare. I didn't pay for my ticket so it was the worth the time.
>>
>>69156375
H-how will he drink?
>>
>>69158997

Water goes through socks yo
>>
>>69158836
Plenty of people died. That was the point of the movie.
>>
>>69148788
If it was "cos comics" Cap would be dead.
>>
I couldn't believe how much better this was than the stuff Whedon put out. Age of Ultron was a step in the right direction but this blows even that out of the water. Spider-man was nailed in this movie as well, and I have high hopes for Homecoming after seeing this.

Also, I experienced my first mid-movie clap when Ant-man super-sized and Spider said, "Holy shit!" I don't know why it was that moment that got everyone, but they all seemed to love it.
>>
>>69148720
>>
>>69148837
>final avengers movie
Can't wait for 2042
>>
>>69159098
>implying random nameless citizens and King Mandela's lives matter
Come on, anon.
>>
>>69150994

I stopped taking you serious when you mentioned Scream 2.
>>
>>69159152
>clapping at any moment aside from when the credits roll
Am I the only one who considers this autistic as fuck or at least annoying?
>>
>>69148720
1. Civil War
2. Winter Soldier
3. Iron Man

It easily dethroned WS for me. Gonna watch it again.

>yfw Spidey got expressive eyes
>>
>>69159180

If you honestly think any subsequent Marvel or Avengers movies are going to print money like they currently do after IW you're retarded.

Even Marvel know that it's a coin toss at best after IW which is why they've decided to drag the story out for over a decade. No one's going to be paying for a ticket to see "Literally whos" in the "New Avengers".
>>
>>69159251
>It easily dethroned WS for me
literally how? WS is better
>>
The other thing that bugged me was the fucking quips. I never really noticed it before ( or it didn't bug me ) I started reading some /tv/ threads. A few of the quips were in just the right place, like Black Widow and Hawkeye.

Then Captain America, this good guy fighting for liberty and justice is like, "lol the Bronx" and lets this huge thing crush a teenager to death. What the fuck Marvel.
>>
>>69159332
I love the action scenes and the emotional impact of the ending

>Chase scene, airport scene, hand to hand of Stank and Cap
>>
>>69159392
He knew Spider-man could take it.
>>
>>69159392
Don't be a faggot, it was a superhuman teenager trying to kick his ass.
Cap might be nice but he isn't a stupid fuck who would help an enemy in the middle of a fight that he choose to take part of.
>>
>>69150994
Are you talking about Shallowbat V. Supermang: Dawn of Puberty?
>>
>>69159392
>and lets this huge thing crush a teenager to death

That teenager got superhuman strength
>>
>>69159392
he literally just hit him with his shield multiple times, falcon shot him out of the building with red wing etc etc
>>
File: MCU Rankings.jpg (277 KB, 500x1953) Image search: [Google]
MCU Rankings.jpg
277 KB, 500x1953
One of their best easily.
>>
>>69158118
>projecting much?
>>
>>69153469
anime tiddies
>>
>>69159418
>>69159456
>>69159476
>>69159480

Listen guys, I know he wasn't like "haha die fuckface" but he still shrugged it off pretty casually for a guy who goes out of his way to help people all the time - even people who beat the shit out of him.
>>
>>69159726
He was in the middle of a fucking battle to save his best friend and stop some sokovian shitlord from unleashing eight brainwashed soviet assassins into the world.
The fuck were you expecting him to do? Help Peter and hope he switches sides when that happens?
Everyone was beating the living shit out of each other in a serious fight, if he didn't want to get hurt he should have stayed in Queens.
>>
>>69159496
>GOTG
I always forget people like this movie. I'm not a huge sci-fi buff so it's not even in my top 5
>>
I just cant believe how these superhero movies are so hyped nowadays. Whats so fucking special about them? I just dont get it.
>>
Saw it last week due to not being an amerilard. It was bloated and very humorless. The action scenes and Black Panther were GOAT though.

>that staircase fight
>>
>>69159783
>serious fight
>hawkeye and black widow are making out
>one guy has metal wings

Come on now. Oh he has to save bucky from some fucking fetuses in a jar, spare me. I was hoping in that scene when they jumped over that the hotel maid was the super soldier and cryingfag was gonna mind control her with the marxist spellbook. Instead its just a superfluous scene of a body in a bathtub.

"Hey guys you can tell this guy is really super smart military intelligence, he called and left an anonymous tip leading to the discovery of a body - intense!"
>>
A resounding "meh" overall. Spider-Man and Ant-Man were the best parts for me. I found it kind of sad that the least compelling thing going on was Cap himself., and that first action sequence was close to seizure-inducing.

I'd give it a 6/10, will rematch before the next one just in case I need to refresh myself on any details, but I don't expect to find it carrying any deep, undiscovered meaning.
>>
>>69159858
Me neither. I was like lol why is everyone hyped for a run of the mill action tentpole.
>>
>>69159122
>If it was "cos comics" Cap would be dead.

No he wouldn't, because Civil War ended with Cap surrendering and being arrested

(he died in a follow up story)
>>
>>69150994
You must be real fun at parties
>>
>>69159726
It was pretty out of character for Cap to go that route. Also pretty out of character for Cap to have never mentioned to Tony that he knew Hydra was involved in his parents' deaths.
>>
What was Vision doing during most of the airport fight? We saw him know over that air traffic control tower and shoot down Rhodes, but that was about it. Did the writers not know what to do with him because he's too overpowered when fighting anyone who isn't Scarlet Witch?
>>
>>69160054
>out of character for Cap to lie for the greater good

He stole like two cars in this movie lad.
>>
>>69160056
Yes
>>
I liked when Scarlet Witch went full Tenshinhan on Vision.
>>
Coulson is actually dead though.

They resurrected him in the show but said they weren't going to bring him back in the movies because it was retarded for the show to resurrect him in the first place.
>>
>>69160310
Kevin Feige is also assblasted abut AOS stealing all of the Inhuman shit, and refuses to acknowledge it in the MCU anymore.
>>
>>69160310
Is the show even good?
What kind of threat could Coulson and a bunch of fags be fighting that would actually be interesting?
I also heard they retconned HYDRA from being some Nazi group who studied the occult to being worshippers of some faggot alien.
>>
>>69160371
>I also heard they retconned HYDRA from being some Nazi group who studied the occult to being worshippers of some faggot alien.
No, just a small group that is part of HYDRA.
>>
>>69160371
I watched the first two episodes and dropped it. It's retarded.

If you like the CW hero shows you could enjoy it.
>>
>>69159909
really dude? the metal wings is a weird thing? not 2 guys in magic armor suits that block concussions, broken bones and a guy turning giant, you point out wings.
>>
Just got back from seeing the movie, I thought it was good for a capeshit so deep into sequels...

But Am I not supposed to like any of the characters anymore? I really don't feel like rooting for any of them, maybe Tony is okay and the kid from Queens, but I just dislike them the least...
>>
>>69148720

>movies based on capeshit
>why doesn't anyone die

kek

>>69160056

Yes. Basically if they aren't onscreen, they aren't doing shit. Same with Scarlet Witch, she did like 3 things and was otherwise comatose or something.
>>
>>69160418
No the wings are just the really stupid thing the movie could go without. Ant Man turning giant when you have the ability to change size just makes sense. I don't care about the gayness of Iron Man suits, although I agree that black guy should have died instead of just having his back broke. At least the conflict would have had SOME gravity if that dude died. After the end of Civil War I honestly expect Cap and Stark to be 3-4 quips away from being best bros again.
>>
>>69160199
Yeah, out of immediate need in a combat situation. That's not at all the same thing as, "Hey Tony, while we have some down time between training these new members, we should talk about some things I found out from Arnim Zola - Hydra's creepy old sentient AI. Hydra was involved in your parents' deaths and since we're still looking for Bucky, there's at least a chance we'll find out he was involved somehow. I'm telling you this because I think you deserve to know the truth and since you're both my friends, I don't want you to think I wasn't shooting straight with you."

Instead, we got plot-induced-stupidity on two fronts.
>>
>Captain America got into an underwater ultra-hard prison and managed to defeat all the guards and free his pals without his bullshit shield or someone else's support
How did he even get there?
>>
>>69150994
>comic book film
>realism
Pick one
>>
>>69148720
Meh they should have killed Black Widow in that first scene with the grenade in the truck, an inclosed space like that and explosive force. Man her brain is jelly, would have been a good divider too. But she's too good of a double cross plot device
>>
>>69160617

he's not that close of a friend and he directly says he kept it secret to not hurt Tony further
>>
>>69160621
He's a Super Soldier.
>>
File: 1462344472068.png (843 KB, 806x537) Image search: [Google]
1462344472068.png
843 KB, 806x537
>>69159329

>No one's going to pay for a ticket to see "Literally whos" in the "Guardians of the Galaxy"

You fool yourself, human.
>>
>>69160621

[extremely Paul Rudd voice]

He's Captain America!
>>
>>69159982
>you must be fun at parties
>>
>>69160663
>>69160699
Apparently he is Aquaman too, beause otherwise he would drown while trying to get into that thing.
>>
>>69160621
There's a reason that happened off screen

>>69160617
I thought the whole Steve knowing was created out of nowhere. Sure he could have pieced it together from Zola, but I don't remember that ever even being implied.
>>
>>69160658
That's what I'm talking about. Cap's supposed to be smarter than that. Feeling betrayed on top of finding out the truth just makes it worse. A smart guy would know that.
>>
>>69160735

He can jump out of aircraft at high altitudes without parachutes. Cap could have swam there no problems
>>
I know it was silly as fuck, but I chuckled in the scene when Cap kisses the blonde chick, then turns around and Falcon and Bucky are smiling and nodding.
>>
>>69160736
>I thought the whole Steve knowing was created out of nowhere. Sure he could have pieced it together from Zola, but I don't remember that ever even being implied.

It was pretty bad. Let's leave it at that.
>>
>>69160735
They established pretty early on that he can hold his breath real good
>>
>>69160736
>Sure he could have pieced it together from Zola, but I don't remember that ever even being implied.

It's one of the first things Zola shows him when he's giving his speech about how HYDRA were actually behind everything
>>
>>69160825
Considering there's real life people that can hold their breath for 20 minutes, I don't think a half hour is too much of a stretch for the Super Soldier.
>>
>>69159078
B-but fizzy drinks don't
>>
>>69159152
>"Holy shit!"
That was the moment my theater burst out laughing to the most as well. I mean, it was funny, but not much more so than some other moments, so the huge reaction confuses me.
>>
>>69159496
>iron man 3 ranked anything other than dead last
Don't make me laugh
>>
>>69160970
Thor 2 was the only one worse than Iron Man 3
>>
>>69159233
It's actually not autistic because everyone does it.
>>
>>69160970

IM3 is good, some would say very good
>>
>>69160948
My theater laughed and clapped at everything and was just generally obnoxious. I can't stand it but I don't want to wait a week before going.
I did kinda find the tiny kid in front of me amusing though, he'd tattle to his dad when anyone said a bad word, and had to literally cover his eyes when anything vaguely upsetting happened.
>>
the craziest part of this movie was how emotionally hollow everything was -- no one ever actually got physically mad about anything or raised their voice or did anything except calmly explain themselves and do a lot of punching. every scene that wasn't a fight scene seemed like it was written by a fucking robot. in the final fight between cap and iron man, tony is supposed to be blinded by his rage at cap having hidden the truth of his parents death, the defining emotional trauma of his life, from him despite being his best friend, but he spends most of the 10 minute fight calmly talking. he literally just quietly says "aw crap" when his boot thruster fails. what fucking reality does this movie take place in, because it seems to be some weird alternate dimension where the only acceptable display of emotions is throwing out a faux witty barb
>>
>>69161003
Everyone else doing it doesn't make it less autistic.
Like, are you so mentally impaired that you absolutely have to cheer when something "cool" happens in the movie you are watching?
Well, fuck you, I'm trying to enjoy the fucking movie and I don't need some cringy cunt clapping like an idiot to Spider-Man showing up or Black Widow farting on Caps's face.
>>
>>69161018
They would be mistaken or retarded, or both.
>>
>>69161072
>Black Widow farting on Caps's face.
Oh shit I need to see this movie again, must've missed this part because of the loud audience.
>>
A lot of the quiptastic moments in this one really fell flat with my audience. I mean, not so much as a chuckle.
>>
>>69160621

T'challa's his new sugar daddy. Superior Wakanda tech probably got him out. They could even spot him a new indestructible frisbee.
>>
>>69148720
Doesn't Cap die in Infinity War?
>>
>>69161072
Clapping is basically the go-to response to spectacle in America. Obviously it's annoying but when you're in a theater with a group of people you just feel compelled to clap when other people start clapping, like you're all sharing a wonderful moment or something.

I don't mind it that much if it happens once during a blockbuster like this, but it gets awful pretty fast. I remember going to the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows part II midnight premiere and people clapped at literally everything. It was so fucking obnoxious and that experience really drove home how terrible the YA audience is.
>>
>>69077436
>>
>>69161170
By the way, when was Wakanda first mentioned? Because I surely didn't watch that movie.
I spent pretty much all of Civil War wondering why people gave a fuck about what some african shithole had to said about the Avengers, or how could an african shithole have enough money to make OP suits, jets or any of the shit T'challa used to hunt Bucky.
I even laughed every time he threatened someone because I thought he lived in a really shitty and poor country that just happened to have some super special mineral.
Then the stinger came and I realized Wakanda was supposed to be some ultra-rich and ultra-developed futuristic country.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.