[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mos Eisley spaceport: You will never find a more wretched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
>Mos Eisley spaceport: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Seriously? In all the whole wide galaxy, this one bar in a bumfuck village on this desert planet is THE worst?
>>
>>69144240
tattooine = middle east
>>
hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
noun: hyperbole; plural noun: hyperboles

exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
synonyms: exaggeration, overstatement, magnification, embroidery, embellishment, excess, overkill, rhetoric; More
informalpurple prose, puffery
"the media hyperbole that accompanied their championship series"
antonyms: understatement

Origin
late Middle English: via Latin from Greek huperbolē (see hyperbola).
>>
>>69144240
It was clearly daylight hours OP that was practically family time for the spaceport. Call me when you hang out there on a friday night around closing.
>>
>>69144240

Yeap. Your mom even sucks cock out back.
>>
>>69144240

What Ben was saying was "you [specifically, Luke] will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy". He was actually making a Force prophecy that Luke himself would never, in his lifetime, find s more wretched hive of scum and villainy. He wasn't implying that Mos Eisley was the worst place that ANYONE would be able to find in the whole galaxy.
>>
>>69144240
I believe Mos Eisley Space Port is the name of the town or city. They go into one of the bars. If it is a functioning space port it is probably not a 24/7 kill fest. That would bring the Empire down hard on it.
>>
>>69144453
>find s more
Learn to type without looking at the keyboard.
>>
>>69144457
>That would bring the Empire down hard on it.
not necessarily, the Hutts would have been bribing anyone that would try and bribing people to make sure anyone they got was bribeable.
>>
>>69144453
Luke was on the fucking Death Star, twice. I'd say that's worse.
>>
Well it did have Satan in it.
>>
File: mlady.gif (22 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mlady.gif
22 KB, 500x500
>>69145164
>>
>>69144240
Well, there must be one across the whole universe, so it might be this one.
>>
>>69144240
It's called hyperbole anon, and it's used for effect.
>>
File: lukehandspringer.jpg (8 KB, 212x237) Image search: [Google]
lukehandspringer.jpg
8 KB, 212x237
Well, their policy about droids in cantinas was pretty shameful.
>>
>>69144240

> spaceport
> bar
> spacePORT
> a bar

thats a single bar inside an entire town.

think of it like one stripclub in detroit

got it now?

good, now return to reddit.
>>
File: 1462471062941.jpg (100 KB, 349x347) Image search: [Google]
1462471062941.jpg
100 KB, 349x347
>>69145195
>>
File: images (2).jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
4 KB, 225x225
>>69144240
>In less than 5 minutes of entering the place one guy gets his arm chopped off and another guy gets shot dead at the table

>place is not that bad
>>
Jabba's Palace is worse and it's just a few blocks down
>>
>>69145195
stop
>>
>>69145887

Private gatherings don't count.

Otherwise the triple bisexual murder orgies that the Emperor threw on every other Wednesday would run away with it hands down.
>>
i bet you coruscant has some pretty shitty places.

itd have to with how populated it is
>>
>>69145862
It looked peaceful until Obi Wan came desu
>>
>>69145164
more evil, yes. but remember the death star workers were affluent and educated not wretched scum like the inhabitants of mos eisley.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.