[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RotS >= RotJ > ANH > AotC = TPM = ESB
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: lol.gif (181 KB, 460x340) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
181 KB, 460x340
RotS >= RotJ > ANH > AotC = TPM = ESB
>>
cool dude.
reposted this on reddit.
>>
>>69133906

Correction:

TPM > ANH > ESB > ROTJ > AOTC > ROTS
>>
File: OldfashionedTeemingGosling.webm (169 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
OldfashionedTeemingGosling.webm
169 KB, 550x550
Where's TFA, pleb?
>>
VI>V>IV>III>II>VI>I
>>
File: 1457939355907.jpg (130 KB, 1634x1168) Image search: [Google]
1457939355907.jpg
130 KB, 1634x1168
>>69133977
Thank you, I'll be sure to out myself as the creator in the comments and collect my bounty of upvotes later.

>>69133978
Put it backwards and you're a lot closer.

>>69133981
So boring I honestly forgot it exists. I want to cum on Daisy Ridley's eyebrows though, so it's not a total waste of film.
>>
>>69133906
dont think I've seen bigger bait on my 5 years here, are you even trying to not come off as a baiter / troll
>>
>>69133906
Bait or not, I think it's really concerning that there are people on this board who genuinely believe this. Especially on a film/meme board.
>>
File: 1461821296956.png (190 KB, 436x349) Image search: [Google]
1461821296956.png
190 KB, 436x349
>>69134471
>>69134555
wow great argument you sure burned me with those hot opinions
>>
>>69134625
but all you said was an opinion
>>
>>69134682
Yes, an opinion. Not bait. I sincerely like the prequels and think that the OT rides solely on hype. Look at what happened when the slopes were shown the whole saga before 7, they liked the prequels more. Empire is the greatest fucking meme movie ever made, it being a middle of two sequel dooms it to resolving nothing and having a shitty broken plot structure but people still fucking worship it.
>>
File: tpm-sets.jpg (257 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
tpm-sets.jpg
257 KB, 630x1200
>>69134054

ROTS is objectively the worst

Like 10 minutes of a lightsaber battle just to show off all these stupid fucking CGI fire effects, what the fuck is the point?

And that's all that movie is, I literally can't remember anything else from it, apart from the Vader bit, obviously, because the whole movie is just an excuse to cash in on that one scene

TPM is the best prequel by far because they created a whole new world for it. And it's got exciting memorable bits like Pod-racing, and the lightsaber fight with Darth Maul (which actually has emotional weight to it, unlike the fights in the other prequels, because Qui Gon dies)

Furthermore, TPM doesn't overdo the CGI. They actually used physical sets, miniatures, props, costumes for basically every environment. Yes obviously there's CGI but it blends in. They didn't try and create entire environments out of CGI like they did in II and III, which both look like shit because of it.

Basically, you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>69135207
explain why cgi is bad
>>
>>69133906
1. Empire
2. New Hope
3. Return
4. Force Awakens
5. Sith
6. Menace
7. Clones.

Empire develops the characters and extends what could have been a one off. A New Hope is great because its just a very tight space adventure with strong characters. Return is a great climax but suffers a bit from ewoks, otherwise great scenes like Jabba's palace. Force Awakens is executed alright, has (some) strong characters, and some neat ideas besides the ones in recycles. Sith at least has the final lightsaber duel, and what passes for "drama" in the prequels. Menace has some neat ideas and cool characters but again some pretty horrendous direction and story details like mitochlorians. Clones is pure cancer.
>>
>>69135351
>judges movies based on characters ranked strong to weak
read a book faggot
>>
>caring about flicks literally made to sell toys to children above all else

Manchildren, please.
>>
>>69135351
Only correct order
>>
>>69135389
Incidentally that's practically my job.

I don't categorize based on characters. But there's a strong correlation. If you look at movies with barebones characterization like commando or something then sure there are plenty of movies that are entertaining that don't necessarily have nuanced characters.

But I think the means by which characters become "strong" are those which are ordinarily included in cohesive stories, stakes, pacing, etc. The strength of a character is sometimes (from what i see) contingent on the movie as a whole, or at least it can be used as a litmus test for it. In the context of these ones at least, there are exceptions.
>>
File: 1457002156777.png (105 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1457002156777.png
105 KB, 512x512
>>69135518
you write pretty, you know that boy
>>
File: Kenobi_faces_Grievous_ROTS.png (1 MB, 1919x816) Image search: [Google]
Kenobi_faces_Grievous_ROTS.png
1 MB, 1919x816
>>69135225

It's not ALWAYS bad, but it is bad if it is overused to the extent that it takes you out of the movie

II is very bad for it (e.g. Kamino) but III is arguably the worst, like this fight sequence, literally the only thing that is real is McGregor and everything else is CGI
>>
>>69135733
that's not a reason really. it doesn't take me out of the movie
>>
I love how II gets bashed for bad CGI while the originals are barely watchable for the bad effects.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.