[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hail Ceasar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: hail_caesar.png (396 KB, 720x536) Image search: [Google]
hail_caesar.png
396 KB, 720x536
WTF am I watching?

Is this supposed to be funny?
>>
>>69115501
Did you find Burn after Reading funny?
>>
File: fencebite.jpg (85 KB, 633x738) Image search: [Google]
fencebite.jpg
85 KB, 633x738
Obligatory "now that the rip is out" post

Is this movie just an anti-capitalist statement? The communists literally throwing away money for the cause made me laugh.

What did Mannix and Mannix's story represent? The simple and inherent lust for control and primacy at the core of capitalist leadership?
>>
I liked it
what's with /tv/ complaining it ended out of nowhere? It wrapped up pretty nicely
>>
>>69115529
>Did you find Burn after Reading funny?

Yeah, it was pretty good but this ain't like that.
>>
>>69115501
>Coens "comedies"

Stick to their gritty crime dramas
>>
Pleb filter
>>
>>69116014
That's like 3 movies.
>>
>>69115722
I think it was that the communists understood the nature of the beast, but had no better ideas. Conversely, the establishment represented by Mannix is so deeply ingrained that it thrives on the exertion of its power alone; Mannix was waiting the whole film for a reason why he shouldn't do the job he loves, exerting power, though it consumes his life and drives him to vice and neglect of his family.

In the end, his desire to continue in his powerful job nullifies the moral quandary of whether or not he should. A 'new morality' of self-interest supplants the old morality Mannix struggled with throughout the film, which reflects the way our society has gone and is going. I think that's what the Coens were getting at.
>>
>>69116306
bump
>>
File: hqdefault (16).jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (16).jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>69116014
>Lebowski wasn't funny
>>
File: raising arizona.jpg (40 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
raising arizona.jpg
40 KB, 600x330
>>69116014
>>
>>69116306
He should have taken the job at Lockheed Martin.

Aviation and defense are the future while the studio system was mostly dismantled soon after the movie ended.
>>
>>69115854
probably a lot of people's first Coen Brothers movie.
>>
Coen Bros confirmed commie sympathisers
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 460x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 460x500
>>69117358
>>
>>69115529
BAF was just as aimless and cynical as Hail Caesar but it was also intermittently hilarious. HC occasionally made me chuckle. That's the big difference between them
>>
>>69117291
Maybe that's built into the message. If you're so tied to a capitalist enterprise, you fall when that enterprise falls.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.