[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: troy poster.jpg (93 KB, 420x621) Image search: [Google]
troy poster.jpg
93 KB, 420x621
What went so right?
>>
>>69110168
Love in the production. You can see it in the armor's details, choreographs, you can hear it in the score.
We will never have those times again.
>>
>>69110595
I heard somewhere that the director hired thousands of extras because he didn't want to make a CGI army.
Based.
>>
>No Gods
>No Diomedes
>No Sarpedon
>Ajax dies like a bitch
>>
>people cried because Brad Pitt was a blonde white guy
>mfw he's exactly as described in the Iliad

>>69111039
You'd have to double the screen time to get the gods in there and not fuck up everything else.
>>
>>69110168
Achilles hair was on point
>>
File: 1308855193158.jpg (21 KB, 698x672) Image search: [Google]
1308855193158.jpg
21 KB, 698x672
>>69111039

The Gods are the worse part of the illiad.

Oh hey we're going to fuck humanity up with this pointless all out war all because Paris made the wrong choice in a Goddesses beauty paegent when he was a teenager.
>>
The directors cut was even better.
>>
>>69111039
>No Gods
Good.
>No Diomedes
>No Sarpedon
Wouldn't have been relevant in the script anyway.
>Ajax dies like a bitch
Are you kidding me?
He dies a badass after being one of the few fighters to prove himself a match for Hector Stu.
>>
File: I2dv1ok.jpg (104 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
I2dv1ok.jpg
104 KB, 1280x800
>>69111039
I liked the lack of gods. The way old cunt was ranting about faith and trusting the gods, you could practically see Hector's fedora tipping when he called him out on being a superstitious douchebag.
>>
>>69111285

oh i thought the illiad was kind of winking to us that the gods were made up, even tho it refers to them alot
>>
>>69111450
Ajax dies too quick in my opinion but its whatever.

The real problem was Agamemnon so easily at the end. The big villain gets killed in two seconds? Big Mistake!
>>
>>69110168
It's objectively the best story a human ever created.

It's impossible to tell it poorly.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.