[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Welp, that was a big piece of nothing Seriously extradimensional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
Welp, that was a big piece of nothing

Seriously extradimensional beings and the best they can show is shining lights and modernist buildings?
>>
>>69108973
I watched this last night. Had a Firestarter vibe to it that I really liked, but ultimately the movie failed to explain even slightly what was going on. At the end I just didn't know why the kid was so important. Also why he was born to human parents. Also if the dad isnt human it raises even more questions and makes even less sense. I liked the atmosphere but the payoff was trash.
>>
>>69109221
Also why did he grow up with a cult? Why were the coordinates important? What was it Kylo Ren found out about the coordinates? Why does the sun hurt the kid and then heal him? This movie is a mess.
>>
>>69109221
That's the thing he wasn't important

He just showed everyone his world which was let's say 1000 years ahead of ours. To any normal person it appears as a heaven. And curiosity and belief pushed everyone in the movie to see what the kid was leading too.

>>69108973
Your right they should of shown they had a cure for cancer and no guns so no violence
>>
>>69109297
>why did he grow up with a cult
He was the reason the cult became what it was.
>why were the coordinates important
It's how he got home. Did you watch the movie?
>what was it kylo ren found out
He found out where they were going, no one in the fbi CIA knew
>why does the sun hurt the kid and heal him
Radiation
>>
>>69108973
Honestly I fucking loved it precisely because I had no clue what was going on. I vaguely knew something about "he's an angel" but other than that I knew nothing, and that worked for me because I didn't really need to know.

Plus I really liked the whole vibe of it. A sort of backwoods sci-fi thing going on, it was neat.
>>
>>69108973
boring shit
>>
>>69109221
Sometimes its good when movies leave the explanation out. It lets your imagination work you fucking autist sperglord. Thats exactly the point.
>>
>>69108973
Whole movie felt a bit flat.
>>
>>69108973
Obviously it takes place in the same universe as Tomorrow Land
>>
>>69109367
Nice non answers. WHY is the kid with the cult? Did they kidnap him? Dialogue in the movie suggests it was consensual, but then they needed to abduct him back again?

Why were the coordinates important? Dont give me that shit faggot, why does he have to go to this one spot in south carolina or whatever? Thats just where the light being want to pick him up? Ok but why?

HOW does kylo figure that out? He just circles 2 numbers and then runs off. How did they extract this random location from so many unrelated coordinates?

And the sun thing makes no sense, face it.
>>
Gets the idea of a messianic figure living amongst the general population and being hunted by those who don't understand him while he begins to learn exactly what he is much better than Man Of Steel.

What I'm saying is the Superman thing was pretty neat.
>>
>>69109438
Yeah, not when they doNt explain enough to keep you interested. All i had were questions with this. No payoff. Boring.
>>
>>69109524
I'm so glad the kryptonite line was all they used to reference superman. I thought in the scene where Adam Driver asks what the kid is, he was going to say "Superman."
>>
>>69109639
Exactly, it wasn't all tongue in cheek references to Superman, or Jesus for that matter. They sort of left it for you to decide exactly what he is.
>>
>>69109715
Zach Snyder would have had a field day with this one.
>>
>>69109438
This movie is more than ambiguous, there are major plot holes. A good movie that does not make.
>>
>>69109570
You didn't get it. Which sounds like a cop out but it's true. Nichols even said he wanted this to be like an old Carpenter movie by way of Amblin. Explaining everything outright would've taken away from its sense of awe and probably would've ruined the momentum tbqh. It was better to just see things as they transpired here IMO.
>>
>>69109523
>Why were the coordinates important? Dont give me that shit faggot, why does he have to go to this one spot in south carolina or whatever? Thats just where the light being want to pick him up? Ok but why?
Not him, but I do remember them saying something about them anticipating a nuclear explosion. I kind of read that as that's what the satellite picked up, this massive outpouring of energy.

Plus it gives the story some place to go. If he just sat in one place and the light beings decided to pick him up there it'd be boring af.
>>
>>69109866
See
>>69109853
>>
>>69109773
Y'know what's weird? The people on this board are going to endless lengths to try and defend BvS as some sort of cinematic masterpiece, yet with another release they dismiss it as "it has too many plot holes" and "it doesn't make sense, nothing's explained".

Makes you wonder where the vast majority of /tv/ posters' priorities lie.
>>
>muh plot

Kill yourselves, jesus christ.
>>
>>69110354
I Am not /tv/, I am anon and I would never defend BVS. Why do you assume we all have the same opinions.
>>
>>69109523
He was he cult. His parents were involved in it and they had him so...

As soon as his dad left with him of course they wanted their messiah back

And that's the spot where he enters duh. It's the reason they go to that spot

And kylo is a genius it's how he figures it out

The sun is a bit tricker but it only hurt him until it was time to go home, so maybe it had something to do with opening the portal to get home (charging up)
>>
>>69110642
>the vast majority of /tv/ posters
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.