[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how much did Disney pay the critics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14
So how much did Disney pay the critics?
>>
>>69106171
>Disney
>Pay anybody

lol. Disney are way too rich to pay people.
>>
People love the characters
>>
>>69106171
They must have paid a lot. Batman Vs. Superman is clearly the better movie and critics shit all over it. Civil War getting good reviews just shows how far money goes.
>>
>>69106197
>>69106241
t. Redditor Marvelcucks
>>
>>69106242
just die u stupid ass cunt
>>
>>69106300
Sorry bruh. But DC is actually reddit.
>>
>>69106242
any reasons to back up your claim?
>>
File: yall bananas.jpg (31 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
yall bananas.jpg
31 KB, 500x330
>>69106242
>>69106171
Yeah Disney paid the critic. Paid them in BANANAS
>>
>>69106362
I've already explained my reasoning.
>>
>>69106396
no, you didn't
>>
File: epic.png (22 KB, 99x113) Image search: [Google]
epic.png
22 KB, 99x113
>>69106357
epic
>>
>>69106406
I'm sorry you can't read. Maybe you should off yourself.
>>
>>69106171
consider the posibility that the "critics" are just fans and enjoy the marvel formula

theyre not payed critics just "poor" taste or different then yours.

I saw it last night and thought it was pretty good but i wouldnt hype it up as flamboyantly as others have been.
>>
>>69106542
What formula? Explain the formula instead of just saying its there and not saying what it is, like everyone just agrees with that.
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 347x511) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 347x511
>>69106242
>>
>>69106171
I always find it jarring that every poster isn't mirrored in matchups. Cap v Ironman is always right for obvious reasons. Then should be Falcon v Warmachine, Blackpanther v Buckey, ScarletWitch v Vision, Blackwidow v Hawkeye and Spiderman v Antman. Its pretty autistic of me but why don't they do that? It would look much better.
>>
>>69106171
>Spider-man has more screen time than Barton
>Not even in the posters
Why?
>>
>>69106171
Occam's razor you fucking idiot: BvS is terrible, Civil War is good.
>>
>>69106910
Because those fights arent fights. BW vs Hawkeye lasts 3 secs before Wanda interrupts. Falcon vs WM is barely noticeable.
>>
>Tony finds out about Bucky's command codes
>Realises that Hydra used Bucky and he had no control over himself when assassinating people
>Tony finds out that Bucky killed his parents whilst under Hydra control
>Attempts to kill Bucky who he knows had zero control over himself when he did it

Marvelcuck friend had a go at me when I pointed this out, said "I don't get it"
>>
>>69107123
Lets say a random stranger, who you knew was created to be an assassin for 50 years, killed your dad.

And you finally meet said assassin.

Even if he was under brainwashing when he had killed your parents.

Its not the same, is it? Tony doesn''t really care for Bucky. He was willing to go with Steve, but only because he trusted Steve, and gave Bucky the benefit of the doubt.

The fact that Steve kept the secret from him pushed him over an edge.
>>
>>69107123
I dunno anon, I'd be pretty pissed with they guy that bashed my dads face in and strangled my mum even if he wasn't himself at the time. Humans aren't robots who behave in logical ways most of the time, especially under stress after witnessing the murder of their parents you see. Sure toney was in the wrong but he just didn't care and neither would most people. This guy, if the correct phrases are said, could do it again without even blinking.
>>
>>69107123
>I don't get it
Probably because you're a sociopath who doesn't understand human emotion, Tony just watched a video of the guy in front of him killing his parents, I'd be pretty furious mad too.

Then add that someone you consider a friend hid this from you.

Also is not like Tony was ok with a brainwashed Bucky to beging with, he still wanted to imprision him.
>>
>>69107123
It's similar to the "Martha" thing
>>
>>69107272
If you know about the brainwashing, you'd feel angry but you wouldn't blame them. Steve kept the secret because if he didn't have evidence of the brainwashing, Tony wouldn't have believed him and would have tried to murder Bucky earlier.

>>69107299
Except Tony is generally shown to be one of the most rational of the Avengers, especially after the Iron Man trilogy. The logical thing would be to put him away as they do in at the end of the movie.

>>69107485
>your a sociopath if you don't understand bad writing
Tony wanted Bucky arrested at the beginning because he knew that Bucky had carried out the terrorist attack. Steve later proved the brainwashing, thus Tony realised the truth.

>>69107523
Agreed.
>>
File: Civil War.jpg (34 KB, 1379x177) Image search: [Google]
Civil War.jpg
34 KB, 1379x177
>>
>>69106171
when the critics are already biased for your movies, you don't have to pay them shit
>>
>>69107589

Perhaps the same could be said of all movies.
>>
28% of Civil War's profits
>>
File: 1462123080624.jpg (364 KB, 1279x757) Image search: [Google]
1462123080624.jpg
364 KB, 1279x757
>>69107589
Clearly, you could not appreciate the kino that was this movie.
>>
File: literally kino.jpg (12 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
literally kino.jpg
12 KB, 500x300
Captain America: "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." I can do those things, because I'm not a hero. I don't deserve this shield.

Iron Man: No, you can't! You're not!

Cap: I'm whatever the Accords needs me to be. Call it in.

Tony: They'll hunt you.

Cap: You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me, set the dogs on me, because it's what needs to happen. Because sometimes the truth isn't good enough, sometimes people deserve more.. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.

Peter Parker: Cap? Cap! Why is he running, Mr. Stark?

Tony: Because we have to chase him.

Parker: He didn't do anything wrong.

Tony: Because, he's the hero the Avengers deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a proud patriot. A watchful protector. The First Avenger.
>>
How did Steve know about Bucky killing the Starks? Did he tell him offscreen?
>>
>>69107889
See The Winter Soldier
>>
Are you fucking stupid?

Disney wants WB to do well. Cause if WB does nothing but churning out shitty capeshit, that hurts them cause that brings the bubble bursting even closer. Disney wouldn't bribe critics to fuck themselves over.
>>
>>69106171
Is it better than The Avengers? Better than Ultron anyway, right?
>>
>>69106171
Less than you think. They already own a wide segment of the reviewers.
>>
File: tdkr rt.png (221 KB, 729x417) Image search: [Google]
tdkr rt.png
221 KB, 729x417
>>69106171
I love people being so desperate to accept that their side is being legitimately shat on and the competition is being legitimately praised that they start making paranoid conspiracy theories that fall flat with one peek at TDKR's (which came out 3 years after Disney bought Marvel) RT score.

And even then they still try to make up excuses like ''w-w-well TDKR isn't part of the official DC cinematic universe so it doesn't count because, uuh, I say so!'', it just cracks me up.
>>
>>69107764
who's the blonde?
>>
>>69108317
Shannon Carter...odd because she wasn't in the airport fight.

Btw, Vision was pretty fucking lazy in this movie, he's by far the most powerful being in the movie.
>>
>>69107584
>Except Tony is generally shown to be one of the most rational of the Avengers,
wut.

He's literally the exact opposite of that, he's the one that gets criticized by EVERYONE for being a stuck up, egotistical, arrogant, uncooperating, secretive of the group.

ESPECIALLY in Civil War, to the point where his irrationality resulted in the avengers fighting each other. And guess what, it was all about ''muh feelings'' because he felt guilty about the people that died in Sokovia even though it wasn't actually his fault and he in fact saved the world, much like the reason he tries to kill Bucky at the end, his feelings.

Tony didn't even trust Bucky, and the guy he trusted (Steve) said that he knew but didn't tell him because he felt that it would hurt Tony too much. Steve even admits that he was wrong for not telling him, did you forget? Don't try to excuse him yourself when he already admitted his mistake.
>>
>>69108200
Its kind of sad, its just fueled the fire when critics call out WB and BvS by name but I can also see people just looking for a opposite of Civil War, which BvS kinda is.

I DID believe in the critic conspiracy however now I calmed down and could just see how Civil War is always going to get better reviews because its just easier to grasp, more coherent, delivers a lot more in campy fun than BvS did.

BvS is like comic book classical music and Civil War is this easy to love pop song from Taylor Swift. Both are good but one is going to have less controversy and be easier to accept then the weird edgy version of Superman we are getting right now.
>>
>>69107589
Yeah this post rings true for me, wouldn't be surprised if Disney hires a team of super psychologists and behavioral scientists to ENSURE their movies are well liked, they all tick off certain emotional checklists and then they mix that with comic book experts so nobody would ever say they deviated from the comics.

You heard whispers of that when Joss Whedon almost had a mental breakdown over Avengers 2 and studio meddling had him tone down his creativity A LOT in order to make it "fan friendly" .
BvS is like "OK Snyder do whatever you wanna we'll just finance this" and he gets creative control.

Disney is like "we need our fucking 96% tomatometer and billion dollars Joss, and also don't make SJW's angry or its your ass". Disney just seems way way more intent on making its movies "good" and mass market enough to make big money whereas WB seems to just not "GET" how to make a movie everyone can enjoy.

That's why DC films get all the memes, they are made with no sense of what is generic or uncheesy, they are just made to whatever quirkiness the writers + directors want to portray that given year, which causes a LOT of issues with how people receive them but ironically makes them a lot more memorable.
>>
>>69108810
>Don't make SJW angry
Literally impossible
>>
>>69108369
he was confused
>>
>>69108498
People had more issues with BvS than just ''it's too edgy and deep for a comic book movie''. It's kind of like saying that the new Ghostbusters is only hated because the 4 stars are women.

Nolan's Batmans are way darker than all the previous entries, including Batman Returns which had complaints about it being too dark even though it's goofy as hell even back then, yet TDK is still the most popular and well-received DC movie of all time, so tone isn't an issue for the overwhelming mayority, a few critics' comments don't magically erase that. A movie can be criticized for doing ''seriousness'' wrong, like those edgy reimaginings of old fairy tales (or rather, edgier than the family-friendly versions of said fairy tales that most people are familiar with).
>>
>>69108369
Scarlet Witch deuced him.

He's also most certainly going to meet a grisly end by the time Thanos pops up and needs his gem.
>>
>>69107584
The reason Tony tried to kill Bucky is LITERALLY explained in the first scene with Tony in it.
>mfw fucking Civil War flew way over some people's heads
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>69109056

The elephant in the room is that Marvel comics in general are more accessible than DC (outside of Batman). Unless you are a uber Warhammer 40k nerd, the justice league is an incoherent mess to someone who just picked up an issue while you can pick up any random Marvel Civil War/House of M issue and you can make sense of who is who and what is going on.
>>
>>69106357
Reddit legit hates the DCEU. Even the DCEU subreddit is mostly people wishing DC was more like Marvel.
>>
>>69108810
>That's why DC films get all the memes
If it wasn't for /tv/ TDKR would have no memes.

You're also forgetting the problematic faves and its derivatives (evansposting). Which you may remember as SJWs being triggered.

They're still making Black Widow and Scarlet Witch into eyecandy even in Civil War so how exactly are they avoiding to make SJWs angry?
>>
>>69106171

Alot. I went to see it this last friday and wow...

Honestly... if BvS is "shit" (which it is), then Civil War was the tumor on the dead fly in the pile of shit.

At least BvS made sense.

>a guy with a mask fools the best/smartest people on the planet
>>
File: 1460851873467.jpg (38 KB, 604x311) Image search: [Google]
1460851873467.jpg
38 KB, 604x311
>>69106242
>>
>>69107584
>Except Tony is generally shown to be one of the most rational of the Avengers, especially after the Iron Man trilogy. The logical thing would be to put him away as they do in at the end of the movie.
What the shit
The entire basis of his role in the avengers so far has been that he is th least rational most impulsive one. He created Ultron despite warnings not to because he wanted to see what would happen, which is basically why the superhero act was made in the first place
>>
>>69109223
>the justice league is an incoherent mess
How exactly? There's dozens of tv shows and made-for-tv animated movies about them that are aired on Cartoon fucking Network so the bar is pretty low in terms of ''accessibility''. Snyder making BvS into a mess is another thing. And it's not the kind that's too complex for the poor average joe mind but just an explicitly visible mess, what with the hamfisted introduction of the other JC members like the Flash which screamed last minute desperation.
>>
>>69109339
He didn't create Ultron because he wanted to see what would happen, he created Ultron in the hope that the Avengers would be out of a job after.
The mind gem was the missing link to create a complex enough AI for Ultron.
>>
>>69109407
Doesn't change that it was a stupidly impulsive and uninformed decision.
>>
>>69109223
>the justice league is an incoherent mess to someone who just picked up an issue
Only if you begin during some major event. The avengers are worse for that by far.
The justice league typically always has the same members doing the same basic stuff
>>
>>69107889

He didn't. He says in this film he didn't know it was Bucky. What he knew was that Tony's parents death wasn't an accident.
>>
>>69109250
>At least BvS made sense.
How can you say that after watching the Flash inside Batman's dream?
>>
>>69107272
>Lets say a random stranger, who you knew was created to be an assassin for 50 years, killed your dad.
>And you finally meet said assassin.
>Even if he was under brainwashing when he had killed your parents
>Its not the same, is it?
I don't know, was the assassin under literal mind control and am I 100% aware of this fact? The idea that Tony Stark (a super-genius), knowing full well that Bucky was essentially a non-sentient machine with no free will under the complete control of another third party, still wanted to kill Bucky after finding out that Bucky's body (not Bucky himself, mind you) was used as an instrument to kill his parents is literally fucking stupid. Getting angry, sure. Wishing Cap told him, sure. Flying into a blind rage and attempting murder, not so much. In fact, Tony should really be charged as a criminal. If I went into a blind rage and attempted to kill my wife after I found out she was cheating on me, I'd be charged with attempted murder (even though she, unlike Bucky, was acting under her own free will). .
>>
>>69109511
Easily.
>>
>>69109587
see
>>69108429
>>
>>69109587
>humans are illogical and emotional beings, despite intelligence
More news at 11.
The one thing, ONE THING Tony has said he regrets in his life is not telling his parents that he loved them.
And then he's confronted by the person who denied him the chance to ever tell them.
>>
>>69109698
Sorry honey, that scene alone makes BvS make far less sense than anything Marvel has shat out, unless you count Fox's Ghost Rider 2.
>>
>>69109819
It's more so the fact that he just watched a recording of said person brutally murdering his parents, all against a claim of him being brainwashed (which said person still can be if you utter the magic rusky words).

And then he asked Steve if he knew.
>>
>>69109239
Bruh. You are deluded.

Reddit fucking loves DC. Only the contrarian board of reddit hates DC
>>
File: predestination.png (201 KB, 476x360) Image search: [Google]
predestination.png
201 KB, 476x360
>>69109819
>Zemo's entire plan is ''WHAT IF I TOLD YOU''
>>
>>69106197
???
This logic makes no sense
>>
>>69107123
You don't think rationally when you see a guy punch your parents to death.
>>
>>69106171
stupid retard all the critics haven't even come out yet.
>>
>>69109978
>>69109239
If you could for once stop your excuses as to which side your evil reddit boogeyman is in and realize that it has subboards and thus fans of everything, including both DC and Marvel, don't treat it like a hivemind.
>>
>>69110119
I think he meant that they're too rich to care about reviews affecting their movies or not, since they're still gonna make a ton of money anyways.
>>
File: 27%.jpg (3 MB, 5611x2000) Image search: [Google]
27%.jpg
3 MB, 5611x2000
>>69106171
>>
>>69110316
Ah, figured that might be it.
>>
>>69109978
Bruh, thread titled "Will BvS go down as a classic" in the actual fucking DCEU rubreddit. Not the movies subreddit, not the Marvel subreddit, but literally the subreddit devoted to nothing but the DCEU
>>
>>69110661
Those are the top comments, by the by.
>>
>>69110661
So honest comments about a movie that's KNOWN to not have been exactly well received by the mayority means that Reddit hates DC?

Would you also think that a screenshot of them not liking Schumacher's Batman & Robin is convincing evidence too?
>>
>>69109511
Because of Zod inside Superman's head. Same universe, anon, with access to the same salvaged tech.
>>
File: 14864268765253.jpg (961 KB, 1145x1024) Image search: [Google]
14864268765253.jpg
961 KB, 1145x1024
>>69110661
J U S T
U
S
T
>>
>>69106171
>>69106197
>>69108498
>>69106242
Both are shit, CW was slightly better because of Spidey and Ant-Man.
The fact that you were celebrating the screening reviews that compared this movie to TDK makes you look fucking laughable and hypocrital.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvrQEKwmxqk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPo4xu_oYYc
>>
>>69106357
>>69106426
>>69109239
>>69109978
>>69110661
>>69110865
how would you know this?
>>
>>69106171
$100,000.00 each.

Source: I'm a critic
>>
I am gonna watch this movie and i am going to enjoy it.
>>
>>69112506
Me too, and no one can stop us.
>>
$5
>>
>>69106171
How much money did you receive from Damage Control?
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.