[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a thing like "Nobody's cares about that character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: chiwetel-mordo-pic.jpg (144 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
chiwetel-mordo-pic.jpg
144 KB, 720x480
Is there a thing like "Nobody's cares about that character (besides you) so the change is justified"?
>>
>>69100798
It's okay to make changes to unimportant things like appearance, absolutely.
>>
WE
>>
>>69100862
>Ancient one is more important than Mordo
I hate current fanbase
>>
>>69101053
But they changed the Ancient One into a white woman didn't they?
>>
>>69101069
oh my, at least they didn't change his skin color or I sound a bit 'racist'?
>>
>>69101356
>at least they didn't change his skin color
Chinese are yellow, Tilda is white.
>>
>>69101400
>Chinese are yellow
wew
>>
Nobody cared that the Ancient One was turned into a woman either. They only care that she's white instead of asian.
>>
>>69101069
>>69101400
If it's justified within the narrative, then it doesn't matter. It's been heavily implied that in the marvel cinematic universe The Ancient One isn't even human. So race doesn't really matter.
>>
>Not using Brother Voodoo
Why?
>>
>>69101030
WUZ
>>
>>69101923
Baron Mordo is more relevant and important to Dr. Strange's story than Brother Voodoo is.
>>
>Change white character to black
>You're racist if you complain
>Change black character to "white" (Falcon in current comics)
>You're racist if you don't complain
I'm starting to get annoyed of this double standard
>>
File: 1407865764693.jpg (138 KB, 550x799) Image search: [Google]
1407865764693.jpg
138 KB, 550x799
>>69101977
>Change white character to black
>You're racist if you complain
>Change black character to "white" (Falcon in current comics)
>IT'S OK WHITE CHARACTERS ARE OPEN FOR INTERPRETATION BY PEOPLES OF COLOR SO IT'S JUSTIFIED BESIDES WHITES OWE IT TO BLACKS TO PRODUCE INCLUSION SO BLACKS DON'T HAVE TO CREATE ANY OF THIS SHIT AND DO ANY THINKING ON THEIR OWN!"

Fixed it for you.
>>
>>69101969
You can easily change his story, is not like the average movie goer knows shit.

But I say Brother Voodoo like I could have said Blade, Monica Rambeau, etc (not for this movie though), there're tons of black characters in marvel, and they're being completely ignored because this trend of "just make this character black, bro"
>>
I'm ok, this way kids already know who's going to be the bad guy for the next movies.
>>
>>69102027
>that pic
Oh look, is "stop contradicting my strawmen" girl
>>
>>69100798
>if it doesn't matter then why not keep him white?
>if race isn't an issue why change it?
Check mate baby-comies
>>
>>69101870
Show me where it's been implied
>>
File: o-DONDRAPER-facebook.jpg (222 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
o-DONDRAPER-facebook.jpg
222 KB, 1536x1024
Of course it doesn't matter. Nothing matters. The universe is indifferent. You will see this movie, forget it in less than a week, and then remember your real life. You have bills to pay, your career isn't turning out as you had hoped, your existence is a long series of missed opportunities and you are still a virgin. Your degree is shit, your friends are doing better than you ever will and you will die alone. Of course, even if your life did have meaning, what will it matter when you're dead, or even old enough to be forgotten?

Stop making these threads.
>>
>>69104196
Well it was based on a quote from Tilda Swinton about her character. However trying to find it again I found this instead:
>The Ancient One is a title that is not exclusively held by any one character, but rather a moniker passed down through time, and in this particular film the embodiment is Celtic
Which is a quote from the studio, so my point still stands. As long as it's reasonable within the narrative, race isn't an issue.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.