[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just marathoned this. What did /tv/ think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: Race_2016_film_poster.jpg (27 KB, 280x415) Image search: [Google]
Race_2016_film_poster.jpg
27 KB, 280x415
Just marathoned this. What did /tv/ think?
>>
>>69095531
he could ride my dick
>>
let me guess they dramatised the hitler stuff which is actually a myth
>>
>>69095575
That's not how BBC works
>>
>>69095598
What parts a myth?
>>
>>69095531

Liked it. Wasn't the best film I've seen, but the events based on the real events were mostly well done.

I'd feel smug too if I just physically outran a pack of racists.

Though admitadly I do it most of the time on my college campus.
>>
>>69095641
hitler snubbing him
>>
>>69095621
You'd know all about that wouldn't you, you cuck ;)
>>
>>69095674

So would your mom
>>
>>69095641
How he supposedly refused to shake hands with Owens
In fact Hitler had announced at the start he would not shake hands with any athletes, so he could be seen as impartial
>>
>>69095531
>race
>marathoned

10/10 would kek again
>>
>>69095693
And Owens didn't get to meet the US president either. At least he didnt' have to ride in the back of the bus in Germany.
>>
>>69095693

Meh. He was still an autist.
>>
>WE WUZ RUNNERS N SHIET
>>
>>69095531

The movie itself was a pun, so I had to see it.

Was not disappointed.
>>
>>69095657
>racists
Except wasn't everyone even the other racers very supportive of him, the Germans especially.
>>
>>69095743

VE VER UBERMENSCHES AND SHIZEN!
>>
>>69095693
>>69095667
Hitler did snub him somewhat, but not him specifically.

He only shook hands with people on the first day. When it became apparent he could be there to shake everyone's hands and was told it would look like favouritism, he opted not to shake anyone's hand after that.
>>
>>69095761

True. Forgot about that. But I'm not too sure if that was the case in the actual event.

If it was, I'm willing to be proven wrong.
>>
>>69095667
>>69095693
I've always heard that hitler told him he should be proud of himself
>>
how did marathonposting start?
>>
>>69095839
He did, and Owens kept a picture of Hitler in his wallet for the rest of his life and onely had good things to say about Germany.
>>
>>69095839

Through gritted teeth I'm sure
>>
>>69095988
Later, on October 15, 1936 Owens repeated this allegation when he addressed an audience of African American at a Republican rally in Kansas City remarking that "Hitler didn't snub me – it was our president who snubbed me. The president didn't even send me a telegram."
>>
Why do they act like Owens winning some races was such a big deal?

Germany won 86 medals, the closest was the US behind them with 56 medals. They won the most gold too by a pretty wide margin, it really doesn't seem like it was an embarrassment at all, if anything they'd have felt it proved Aryan supremacy.
>>
>>69095988
The failed painter literally could not care less about sports, I'm sure he lost very little sleep over how well Owens preformed
>>
>>69096106
>>69095988
>Owens, who felt the newspapers of the day reported 'unfairly' on Hitler's attitude towards him, tried to get Mischner and his journalist colleagues to change the accepted version of history in the 1960s. Mischner claimed Owens showed him the photograph and told him: "That was one of my most beautiful moments."
I guess history is not as black and white as your superhero movies
>>
>>69096132

Just joking around senpai.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rurBHWxYaR0
>>
>>69095531
>marathoned

what a faggot i watched this in 100 mts
>>
>>69095657
You wouldn't exactly disprove their ideas about racial differences.
>>
I believe Hitler said that the introduction of black people to Germany was a plot by Jews to dilute the gene pool. I'm not sure how he squared that with his apparent respect for Owens.
>>
>>69096829
Maybe it wasn't particularly personal with blacks, like he saw them as a tool being used or whatever
That's pure conjecture, I don't know shit tbt but it's what seems logical to me
>>
>>69096829
hitler didn't even like the french, he thought they were below germans
>>
Did Hitler ever publicly claim to hate blacks? I can't imagine there were that many of them in Germany. There's not even that many of them there now.
>>
>>69096829
There were very, very few blacks in Germany and Europe as a whole back then. It wasn't an issue.
>>
>>69097248
You must not follow non-fiction tv.
Its black as fuck now.
>>
>>69095531
>race
>marathoned
HAHAHAHHHAHAHAH LMMAOOOO XD
>>
>>69096829
You can respect someone and still be against race mixing you know.
>>
>>69096132
What did he think of Hitler after the war?
>inb4 someone says that Owens was an antisemite
>>
File: holocaust.jpg (170 KB, 830x974) Image search: [Google]
holocaust.jpg
170 KB, 830x974
>>69096132
>Mischner
>>
>>69097248
I dont think he did, germany didnt have niggers then
He made many speeches about nationalism and racial determination, that each race should follow their own destiny and respect each others differences
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.