[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I still have Nymphomaniac Volume II to watch, but I think Melancholia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: rectangle[1].jpg (230 KB, 624x422) Image search: [Google]
rectangle[1].jpg
230 KB, 624x422
I still have Nymphomaniac Volume II to watch, but I think Melancholia is my favorite of this trilogy. I haven't stopped thinking about it.

What are your thoughts on these films, Antichrist, Melancholia, and Nymphomaniac?
>>
Melancholia is literally the worst movie I've ever seen in my entire life.
>>
>>69094315
A lot of people feel that way, which I don't get. It's the most accessible of the trilogy, and I found everything happening to be pretty compelling.

How did the movie make you feel? The people that watched it without feeling anything, I can't get that.
>>
>>69094315
>Melancholia is literally

the only watchable movie from the hack that is Lars Von Trier.
>>
Nymphomaniac Part I is my fave with Melancholia the last. What will Lars do next?
>>
>>69094583
Nymphomaniac is just so damn long. I feel like he just should have written a book instead.
>>
It's definitely the 'easiest' of his movies to watch.
I for one, thoroughly enjoyed Melancholia. And anyone who didn't think the first 10 minutes was pure kino, they can only be labeled as plebs.
>>
>>69094205
Only worthwhile one of the three you mentioned. And his best besides Breaking the Waves, really the only two worth a watching I can't believe I watched both parts of Nymphomanic
>>
>"The House That Jack Built" was originally announced as an eight - part miniseries in September 2014 when the completed version of "Nymphomaniac" premiered at the Venice Film Festival, but in February 2016, Lars von Trier announced via a David Bowie - themed video on his official Facebook page that "The House That Jack Built" would be his next theatrical release, due in theaters in 2017.

So it's a movie now. huhn
>>
>>69094315
>Melancholia is literally the worst movie I've ever seen in my entire life.
Certified pleb, opinion discarded.

>>69094205
Have yet to watch Antichrist and Nymph Part 2, but Melencholia is god tier. I heard dogville is good.

If you have ever suffered from depression, real "I cant get out of bed" depression, this movie not only hits close to home but is sweet sweet chemo for your suffering mind.
>>
Melancholia was brilliant, the sense of constant dread in the background that everything was going to fall apart

then in the end they sit around holding hands yelling about a protective shield.....

I hit rewind, ejected the tape and returned it in disgust.
>>
I've only watched Antichrist once but I feel like it deserves mother viewing at least. As much as I don't want to.

Melancholia is fantastic and I never understand this boards hatred of it.

Nymphomniac I loved way more than I expected, although if you view it as two films then I prefer Melancholia to Part 2, but part 1 might be the third best thing he's ever done after Dancer in the Dark and Breaking the Waves.
>>
>>69095065
>Video tapes
Patrick, is that you?
>>
>>69095086
>mother viewing
>>
>>69094205

Meloncholia slightly over Antichrist. Both were miles better than Nymphomaniac.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.