[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Green Room
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: green room.jpg (102 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
green room.jpg
102 KB, 630x1200
Why the hell's no one talking about this?
>great atmosphere
>great horror
>way more suspenseful and tense than cloverfield lane
>qts
>realistic scenario makes it that much scarier
>director from blue ruin
honestly the only thing that gave me the same feel was Red State and Bone Tomahawk. fantastic movie, go see it
>>
>>69080703
>Why the hell's no one talking about this?
Because talking about movies here is pointless. I've seen at least ten threads this week about why isn't anyone talking about this or Everybody Wants Some. Every time I buckle in and write what I loved about it, trying to get something going. OP replies maybe once, a few other people jump in, and the thread dies. We are talking about it, but no one is listening or wanting to actually talk, so I'll stick to memes.
It's not your or my fault, the board is just over saturated with faggots that only care about Captain America or GoT. Real film discussion on /tv/ died around 2009 and now only happens on Reddit.
>>
>>69080703
limited release

I want to see it but I can't.
>>
>>69080839
The most accurate thing I've read about this thread

I'm downloading and watching this movie tonight, OP. Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>69080703
Limited release and no torrents.
>>
>>69080968
>>69081917
fuck
hoping you guys get it in your area, good luck
a torrent will probably be out soon though
>>
>>69080703
I was so hyped for it I felt a little let down afterward from how brutal people were describing it, I want to see it again but I had to drive out a bit to see it so I'm hoping it expands, went on a Sunday night with husbear and there was only 4 other people.

I was hoping we would see the cute ginger girl get mauled more so when it cut away I was sad.

Nazi Patrick Stewart was shown too much in the trailers I think.
>>
>>69083255
In contrast I was super hyped and it exceeded my expectations. One of my top 3 of the year
>>
No torrent and my theater still has the no singles policy since I'm in colorado
>>
>>69083293
other top 2?
>>
>>69083336
Everybody Wants Some
The Witch

I feel a little odd putting two in my top 3 that I just saw this week, but I really loved them both.
>>
>>69080703
>honestly the only thing that gave me the same feel was Red State

Thanks, now I'll never watch it. Good job, OP.
>>
>>69083383
Noice. haven't seen either yet.
>>
Is red state good?
>>
File: 1455608079654.jpg (28 KB, 347x505) Image search: [Google]
1455608079654.jpg
28 KB, 347x505
>mfw the belly scene
>>
>>69083445
>red state?
you mean yellow ground?
>>
>>69083314

no singles policy is a real thing?
>>
Great film.

Looking forward to what Jeremy has next.
>>
Any punk chicks with hairy pits in it?
>>
easily one of the best movies i've seen in the past few years.

so fucking tense

>so lets play war
>>
>>69080703
because i havent had the opportunity to see it yet you fuck
>>
is red state good?
>>
File: MIKE RLM.jpg (166 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
MIKE RLM.jpg
166 KB, 900x1200
>>69080703
THAT'S RIGHT, JAY
>>
>>69080839
Real discussion died the day the Dark Knight Rises came out in theatres
>>
i knew the director from blue ruin, because of it's kickstarter success not from.watching it. got tickets to this a couple weeks ago so the day before i saw his two previous features. what a great find, this guy is a real talent.

his first movie "Murder Party" is a low budget comedy-horro not really good, but it was well directed and decently paced, with a lot of nice little touches and details, reading after watching it he did it with no money so instead of doing every effect he wanted he took a couple of effects in particular and made them really really good. the final kill in the movie is really something.

then blue ruin, a skyrocket-jump in quality, not just in budget but he made a whatever movie into a fucking great one. full of little clever details, just a tiny example blue ruin just as green room shows you nonchalantly and in a sec where a character keeps his car keys just so later your brain doesn't think "wait what? why would he keep them there?", he does that thing when after watching it you start noticing how little attention to detail and work goes in regular scripts in "regular" flicks. also once again with some really fast and poignant moments of violence, with minutes of tension around them and the rest of the movie is filled with drama and sorrow, the pace is really nice.

finally in green room he made a ball of tension, violence and doom. it makes you feel awful all the way through, and it's GREAT. it felt really inspired by Carpenter's The Thing (later read he just said "Carpenter" when asked about direct movie influences for this) but with punk rock, metal, nazis and killing dogs.

i'm following this guy from here on out, seems like his work will always be interesting at the very least.
>>
>>69080839
That horrible feel when you are completely right but your post will be disregarded because you put reddit over 4chan.

Dark days mate.
>>
File: Green-Room.jpg (16 KB, 645x350) Image search: [Google]
Green-Room.jpg
16 KB, 645x350
Really beautiful cinematography. Loved the shots of the band playing the concert when everyone's just swept up in the music
>>
>>69080703
Not my fault. I literally have never even heard of this until the RLM episode. So it's their marketing's fault
>>
>>69080703
When will Rock and Roll be cool again?

When will R&B go the fuck away?
>>
>>69087714
I don't see nothing wrong with a little bump and grind
>>
>>69087714

Never; whities reign is over.
>>
>>69083816
No. Barely watchable 5/10 at best.
>>
>>69080968
I live in North Dakota and there was still a showing in the largest theater in my town. Surprised me to see it there, if anything I thought it would be in the shitty arthouse theater, but I still got to watch it with a bunch of normies in the middle of the week.

It's a limited release but I don't think it's that limited.
>>
>>69080703
limited release and no torrents
>>
Thought it was great but I still love blue ruin more. I really appreciate Saulnier's style, and if he can keep making movies at this level then I'll keep watching them in theaters and buying them when they release.

Now that I'm thinking about some more I kind of want to go back to watch it again before it leaves my town.
>>
File: hh.png (301 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
hh.png
301 KB, 500x333
>>69081867
>downloading it tonight

goodluck faggot
>>
>>69088929
Download completed. Appears to be legit, thumbed through a few scenes.

What's the problem here?
>>
If I didn't find blue ruin interesting will I find the characters more engaging in green room?
>>
File: 1298673587594.jpg (43 KB, 208x199) Image search: [Google]
1298673587594.jpg
43 KB, 208x199
>>69088961
Bullshit, from where? And if true, why would you watch cam quality?
>>
>>69088961
>lying on the internet
>>
>>69089062
I don't know why you wouldn't enjoy blue ruin, but that's a matter of taste. In my opinion green room had much more colorful and fun characters than blue ruin did, and has a few more lighthearted and "comedic" moments, but it's still a Saulnier movie so if it's his style you find objectionable you aren't going to enjoy this either.
>>
>>69089093
What's wrong with cam quality? There doesn't appear to be anybody in the theater, so alls good.
>>
>>69089245
Because I have patience. And though the visual quality may vary depending on what camera and set up they're using, audio is always sup par.

I just don't think it's worth it.
>>
>>69089186
Neat, I'll check it out then. To be honest, I have a really hard time pointing at what failed to grab me about blue ruin, myself.

I just really couldn't get into it, and didn't feel invested in the dude's plight.
>>
>>69089298
I agree. Audio is 60% of a movie to me. I would rather watch a standard-def movie with DTS 5.1 audio than a 4K with cam-quality audio.
>>
>>69089298
>>69089245
The one time I don't regret watching a cam was cloverfield.

Somehow it added to the whole thing

Normally though the audio quality is intolerable for me
>>
>>69089298
I actually prefer cam quality, lets me feel like I'm actually there and amongst people sharing in the movie going experience. May seem odd, but for someone whose been bedbound for almost eight years now small things can make big differences.
>>
IS THIS THE MEME ROOM
OR IS THIS THE MEAN ROOM
MMMM YUMMY YUMMY MEMES FOR MY TUMMY
>>
>>69089348
Blue ruin is understated almost to the point of being drab, and part of why I love it so much is precisely because of how it plays off of the revenge flick stereotype, focusing on the ramifications of his actions and what happens after, rather than making the focus about his vengeance. Green room is much more Hollywood, I found, but that doesn't detract from it at all.

Irregardless enjoy the film lad, it's one of the best I've seen in a while.
>>
>>69089415
>>69089383

I think VR movie theatres would be better for that, because when you're in the cinema you don't hear with the quality of a go-pro or whatever they use.

So to me it's the exact opposite. And as the other anon said, sound is extremely important to me, both in movies and video games, people really underestimate how much it does for immersion.
>>
>realistic scenario
Hello shill. Nice to know you and your opinion are garbage.
>>
>>69089490
>Irregardless
>>
>>69089490
Thx m8. Yeah I guess it was one of those movies that I need to get in the mindset for, and I just didn't give it that effort.
>>
File: iamyd.jpg (27 KB, 984x691) Image search: [Google]
iamyd.jpg
27 KB, 984x691
>>69089603
>>
>>69089348
I also had a bit of a problem really staying in Dwight's corner in Blue Ruin, and I think fundamentally the problem was that
A: pretty much his entire characterization is the pursuit of revenge for his parents' deaths, and
B: he completely fucks up the job, and
C: the only struggles and conflict he faces are the result of his own fuckups

He fucks up basically every step of the way, endangering himself as well as his sister - who, by existing, basically refuted Dwight's trauma of orphanhood as an excuse for his failings. He makes a ton of stupid mistakes that made me want to yell at the screen. Especially getting close to that guy in the trunk. So basically Dwight has exactly one purpose in the film, and essentially in his life, and he manages to bungle it and accomplish fuck-all, killing a bunch of people who didn't actually commit the crime he wanted revenge for.
>>
Just got back from watching this.
It was great and I'm glad I had no idea about this film it made it that much more surprising. 8/10
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.