[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so whats next in life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: the-sacrifice-poster.jpg (61 KB, 580x777) Image search: [Google]
the-sacrifice-poster.jpg
61 KB, 580x777
so whats next in life?
>>
File: 1452887384688-4.jpg (14 KB, 236x345) Image search: [Google]
1452887384688-4.jpg
14 KB, 236x345
>>69074564

We were but dead before we were shown the way, the truth and the life.
>>
>>69074564
I've never seen a Tark movie, and this one interests me the most, but I've been told repeatedly it's probably the last one I should watch. Thoughts?

It's the same way with Lynch, never seen one of his, but I'm interested in Inland Empire. But people say to stay away from that one for a while.
>>
>>69074685
it just ruins me.

I can find stalker "fun" to watch but there's nothing fun about The Sacrifice.
>>
File: Andrei Look at This Pleb.jpg (66 KB, 640x482) Image search: [Google]
Andrei Look at This Pleb.jpg
66 KB, 640x482
>>69074685

Watch Stalker first, ivans childhood, the mirror, then nostalghia, sacrifice etc

With Lynch watch his worse films first, Wild At Heart, Dune, Some people say Eraserhead isn't that good, but watch it too, then move onto elephant man, blue velvet, mulholland, FWW if youve seen twin peaks. Leave lost highway/inland empire til last
>>
>>69074885

I don't agree with the Lynch advice. I actually think Mulholland Dr. is the best one to watch first, then backtrack through his other stuff and watch it again before watching Inland Empire.
>>
>>69074885
Any particular reason why? I know what order I SHOULD go in, I was just wondering if watching The Sacrifice first would cause it to have less impact or something. If I do adhere to an order, it'll probably be chronological, so Ivans Childhood first, in order to see how he progresses as a director.

As for Lynch, it's not like I'm new to inaccessible movies. Is it still that important to watch IE and LH last?
>>
File: mulholland drive.png (3 MB, 1920x1038) Image search: [Google]
mulholland drive.png
3 MB, 1920x1038
>>69074931

Maybe I'm a bit biased on Mulholland, I didn't fucking get half of it first time I watched it, albeit I was too young at the time, quickly became my favorite of his after rewatcing
>>
>>69074685
>not watching them chronologically
why do people not want to do this? It shows the progression of an artist's ability and interest.

This being his last film is all the more powerful once you know how bad a shape he was in when he made it.
>>
>>69075102
That's what I figured, and ultimately planned to do. I was just curious
>>
>>69075040

Yeah it was the first of his that I saw when I was about 16. A few of used to get stoned and watch it all the time in high school. I think it kind of set a blueprint for my understanding of film taste.

It needs at least a few watches before it starts really sinking deep I think.
>>
>>69075004

Not necessarily no, as the other anon said, usually your better off going chronologically if your certain you'll get through all the films, I usually do a lot of reading on the film beforehand and asses what order I want to watch them in depending on their significance rather than date released.

You can't go too wrong though with directors like Tarkovsky with regards to order, dude was a genius no matter what he made or when he made it.
>>
>>69074564

I'm watching Andrei Rublev for the first time tonight lads. I'm hyped as fuck, only seen Stalker and Mirror. Mirror has been one of my favourites since I was about 17 though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.