[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/WCEU/ - Warcraft Extented Universe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: warcraftlogo.jpg (426 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
warcraftlogo.jpg
426 KB, 1920x1080
So with the upcoming success of the first Warcraft movie, will we get to see a WCEU?
Will it be the franchise to finally kill off capeshit?
>>
your movie will be trash
your expansion will be trash

go back to your containment board, scum
>>
>>69070973
shitpost
>>
i'm more interested in starcraft movies to be honest family
>>
>>69070871
You see Rachet and Clank? The movie?
That's what people think of videogame movies.
>>
>>69070871
>upcoming success
>Literally Hobbit but without the power of a previously loved trilogy behind it
>>
>>69071242
You see Catwoman? That's what people think of superhero movies...oh wait
>>
>>69070973
le mad anon
>>
>>69070871
>upcoming success

Reminder that there hasn't been a single vydia movie that wasn't considered utter shit
>>
File: wownightelfs.jpg (745 KB, 2705x1805) Image search: [Google]
wownightelfs.jpg
745 KB, 2705x1805
>>69072220
Warcraft will be the first one
Just look at the amazing people working on it
>>
>>69070973
why are you so mad that warcraft is going to BTFO of lotr?
>>
hyped as fuck
>>
>will ____ universe be better than _____ universe

i want off this ride already.
>>
>>69070871

>yfw it somehow becomes successful and ushers in the era of vidyashit
>>
File: 1460948052563.jpg (94 KB, 800x670) Image search: [Google]
1460948052563.jpg
94 KB, 800x670
i want to love it, i really do, i was raised with warcraft lore, but so far it just looks so...jarring.
the thing that still gives me hope is that i trust in based Bowie Jr to deliver, but i dont know...

and yes, i would love eventual WCEU if this movie goes well, imagine the possibilities
>>
>>69072220

Mortal Kombat was actually a good kung fu action movie. It has a coherent plot that stays true to the source material, actors good enough to get you invested the right amount, legitimately good fight choreography, legitimately good special effects... It's the only good video game movie ever made, and it actually can even stand on its own in the movie genre it belongs to.
>>
>>69074354

I was raised with Warcraft lore, too. That's why it bothers me that the Warcraft movie and all further "WCEU" content will be based on awful World of Warcraft original garbage and retcons.
>>
>>69072744

At least vidyashit is a likely segue to the era of cyberpunk.
>>
>>69074540
people hate too much on WoW imo, "if" eventual WCEU universe happen they can take shitloads of amazing stuff from the WoW lore(im talking mainly about vanilla and WOTLK, TBC was fucking cancer lore-wise, and i dont even consider the other expansions at all)

vanilla, for example has great bits that would be amazing in a movie-nefarian and onyxia, the whole ahn quiraj story line, the ashbringer and the 4 horseman lore, etc

hell, can you imagine even eventual Netflix style WCEU series about smaller quests/storylines like the "legend of stalvan" for exmple?id kill to watch that
>>
>>69074716
I can see some of this happening actually, imagine a properly made C'thun/Old Gods movie with a decent director, this can be one of the good "lovecraftian" movies that people want so much.
And it pay money to watch a Defias Brotherhood TV show, kek
>>
>>69074716

You fucking moron.

They should base it from the RTS games that spawned the whole fucking universe.

Vanilla and WOTLK used WC1-3 lore, thats why they were great. If they do the 3 wars followed by possibly a WOTLK movie, thats 4 movies that all the fans will pay to see.
>>
>>69070871
>success
It is going to flop harder than the R&C movie. Nobody gives a shit about this garbage.
>>
Warcraft will be a mega flop on the same scale as waterworld.
>>
>>69075933
no need of ad hominem bby, as i said i agree

we are talking about eventual EXPANDED UNIVERSE, meaning Marvl style of spouting 20 movies in the next 10 years.
ofcourse i want to see the first three wars covered first, but im saying that even WoW(vanilla and wotlk) had great "new" lore added after the RTS that can be great if transfered to a movie properly
>>
I'm going to see this with about 38 friends, most of whom I met playing WC3, DOTA and WoW.

It's gonna be a great night, and even if the movie is somehow fucking awful, it'll be good to catch up with friends.

Why don't you have friends, anon?
>>
>>69076170
I do and I'm sure they don't want to watch shit movies.
>>
>>69072257
>look at this literally who's
The fact that these threads have to be pushed and shilled this hard is just proof of how desperate the talentless hacks working on this are.
It is going to flop.
>>
>>69076005
i predict 550mil worldwide

not enough to guarantee sequel but not too bad, weakest market by far will be US where drop after 1st weekend will be huge as fuck
>>
>>69076170
I do, when I catch up with them, we usually go to a bar and get drunk, you know, fun things. Not watching this kind of piece of shit.
>>
>>69076383
>550 million
My fucking sides.
This piece of garbage won't even reach 150 million.
Seriously, look at the fucking trailers, they look exactly what people who hate final fantasy movies think they look like.
The CGI is awful, the actors are legitimately bad and sound phoned in, and it's amazing how every single line of dialogue spoken in the trailers is just cliche garbage.
I feel bad for Duncan, but I really hope Warcraft just makes game developers focus on making videogames.
They have tried for decades, and failed every single time.
>>
>>69076470
you've been on /tv/ too long and bought into the propaganda. This movie looks amazing, and it will literally BTFO all other fantasy movies
>>
>>69076170
>I'm going to see this with about 38 friends
but anon, 40 man raiding is dead
>>
>>69076470
CAPEKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>69070871
>will we get to see a WCEU
if Warcraft is successful, it only means one thing: GO'EL until you like it.

Also Hollywood-quality coke for Metzen.
>>
>>69076470
>The CGI is awful, the actors are legitimately bad and sound phoned in, and it's amazing how every single line of dialogue spoken in the trailers is just cliche garbage.
You just described every single capeshit movie released within the last two years.
>>
>>69077812
>keks
>censoring yourself
Average Warcraft shill.
It's really sad that they spent the budget shilling it instead of making an actual decent joint.
Then again, a videogame movie can't be good.
>>
>>69079192
>being this new
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.