[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is a terrible film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: breathless-bout-de-souffle.22370.jpg (360 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
breathless-bout-de-souffle.22370.jpg
360 KB, 1000x1500
this is a terrible film
>>
You got any arguments to back that up or are you just gonna sit there like a retard?
>>
>>69069621
Early Godard is actually very mediocre even though people claim it to be his best.
>>
>>69069674
it's influential as fuck but take out the historical context and it's like a shitty student film
>>
If someone one the intellectual land of /tv/ is saying that an absolute masterpiece- pretty much one of the best films ever- plus one of the most influential works in all cinema is terrible, I suppose we now have finally seen the light, huh? Thanks, buddy boy.
>>
>>69069731
that logic is so dumb.
>>
File: i_m_speachless.png (15 KB, 223x209) Image search: [Google]
i_m_speachless.png
15 KB, 223x209
>>69069621
>>
>>69069621
This is a celebration of youth at its finest.
>>
>>69069621
This is a terrible post. Yours, i mean.
>>
>>69069731
Same can be said for Citizen Kane
>>
>>69069621
but top tier kino
>>
>>69069731

It basically is a student film, but film buffs like it because it fucks with the form and reinvented experimental cinema.
>>
File: cinema.jpg (32 KB, 875x372) Image search: [Google]
cinema.jpg
32 KB, 875x372
Pierrot le fou is the best Godard
>>
Godard is the Kevin Smith of art film
>>
>>69072907
Both the film itself and OP's utter disdain for a historical pillar in film history. Patrician posting at its finest: tersely written yet heavy with meaning.
>>
>>69073134
no, Citizen Kane is still a great film. Breathless is a shitty movie that influenced better movies,
>>
>>69073257
I'm not sure about that, but it's certainly the most Goddard Goddard
>>
>>69073428
>Breathless is a shitty movie that influenced better movies, like (...), (...) and (...)
Finish your post
>>
>>69073554
does name dropping movies make my post better somehow
>>
>>69073607
It doesn't really matter. Just post more for further laughs
>>
>>69073607
It could at least give you a chance fám, let's see em
>>
Fuck, can't find that Truffaut quote on Godard.

Regardless, he's a hack.
>>
>>69073663
The Dark Knight Rises
>>
I liked the american remake with Richard Gere. Should I bother with this?
>>
>>69070030
this, thanks 4chan
>>
>>69073801
I've never seen that one, but how familiar are you with Goddard or french cinema?

>>69073736
>>69073745
epin
>>
>>69070030
>pretty much one of the best films ever- plus one of the most influential works in all cinema is terrible

I can't tell if this is bait or not. Nobody has their head so far up their to actually believe this, right?
>>
You don't get it, it's supposed to be shit! Godard broke le rules! While Hollywood was making good films Godard deliberately editing his to look like shit.
>>
>>69073943
>Nobody has their head so far up their to actually believe this, right?
Do you read anything on the movies you watch, or know about film history?
>>
>>69073736
truffaut's last work is sitcom-tier
>>
>>69074000
you probably dont like cinema, bro
>>
>“I’ve never gotten anything out of his movies. They have felt constructed, faux intellectual, and completely dead. Cinematographically uninteresting and infinitely boring. Godard is a fucking bore. He’s made his films for the critics. One of the movies, Masculin, Féminin, was shot here in Sweden. It was mind-numbingly boring.”
-Ingmar Bergman on Jean-Luc Godard

>“His gifts as a director are enormous. I just can’t take him very seriously as a thinker — and that’s where we seem to differ, because he does. His message is what he cares about these days, and, like most movie messages, it could be written on the head of a pin.”
-Orson Welles on Jean-Luc Godard

>“Someone like Jean-Luc Godard is for me intellectual counterfeit money when compared to a good kung-fu film.”
-Werner Herzog on Jean-Luc Godard
>>
>>69074223
bergman saying that a film is boring
>>
>>69074223
try forming your own opinions, reddit
>>
>>69074223
>le directors as brands to fight off
>le harsh phrases out of context or date
rad as always
>>
>>69069621
YES!
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.