[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question: How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a Scotsman,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8
Question:

How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a
Scotsman, dropped in the middle of a
Forgotten spot in the Caribbean by providence
Impoverished, in squalor
Grow up to be a hero and a scholar?
>>
>/tv/ - Television & Film
>>
>>69063926
The ten dollah founding father, without a father got a lot farther by being a lot smarter. By fourteen they placed him in charge of a trading charter
>>
>>69064027
And every day while slaves were being slaughtered and carted away across the waves he struggled and kept his guard up
>>
>>69064059
Inside he was longing for something to be a part of, the brother was ready to beg, steal, borrow or barther
>>
>>69063926
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bruTOQoNtO4

HOW DOES A MASTER'S GORE-FILLED SUMPTUOUS SCORE
AND A PLOT SKIMMED HOT FROM A BRITISH NOVEL INVOLVING A CONVICT
HOPPED UP ON CONFLICT
WASHED UP IN LONDON HARBOUR
GROW UP TO BE A BLOODY DEMON BARBER
>>
>>69064133
Then a hurricane came and devastation reigned
Our man saw his future drip-drippin' down the drain

Put a pencil to his temple connected it to his brain
And he wrote his first refrain a testament to his pain
>>
>>69063926
Hamilton would've hated what these spics and niggers are doing to his name
>>
okay you guys can have your musical but Alex Hamilton was shit and if it hadn't resulted in his martyrdom then killing him would have been the most noble thing Aaron Burr ever accomplished.

let's not fucking fool around, Hamilton's ideas and actions are singlehandedly the reason real Americans live on bases surrounded by peasantry, the fucker entrenched feudalism as an institutional norm in early American society and destroyed the whole fucking idea of the Republic
>>
When will musicals start being turned into movies again? I want to see this and Book of Mormon but I ain't going to no broadway play no way no how
>>
File: big boss approves.gif (995 KB, 257x194) Image search: [Google]
big boss approves.gif
995 KB, 257x194
> MFW a hip-hop musical offers a more balanced and believable version of the American Revolution than 99% of movies about it
>>
>>69064345
I think Les Miz killed pretty much all musical movies for a few years that aren't made by Disney.

Would love to see Book Of Mormon though.

>>69064145
This is incredible
>>
>>69064345
musicals literally haven't been this popular since the 80s.

t. Glee, Wicked and Frozen.
>>
The CD is amazing, I want to go watch it but tickets are like $550
>>
>>69064512
I've heard they're pretty insane price wise.

Hope at some point it drops, or at least they make a movie/recording of the live show
>>
I love almost everything about Hamilton save Manuels insistence on race based casting and the demonization of Jefferson.
>>
Why are people shilling this nigger-infested shuck and jive show on this board.
>>
God Tier:
What'd I miss
My Shot
The Room Where it Happens
Guns and Ships
All of George IIIs songs

Shit Tier:
Farmer Refuted
>>
>>69064512
LOTTERY
do it
do it
>>
>>69064614
It's actually pretty refreshing seeing a popular representation of that era that doesn't turn the founding fathers into perfect godlike beings.

Washington still gets a free pass in the show despite owning more slaves that Jefferson and being a pretty shit-tier general, though.
>>
>>69064616
/tv/ is the default theater board till there's an actual theater board
>>
File: 4YGU0AN.jpg (19 KB, 470x303) Image search: [Google]
4YGU0AN.jpg
19 KB, 470x303
>>69064642
where the fuck is Yorktown you pleb

>HERCULES MULLIGAN
>>
>>69064293
bingo
>>
>>69064642
I didn't mind Farmer Refuted, it seemed more like a transitioning song than anything else.

Plus the bantz in that are pretty top notch.
>>
>>69064293
>>69064773
he was an abolitionist you fucktards.
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 629x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 629x800
>>69064762
Fucking kek
>>
>>69064785
True, it just feels underwhelming, especially as it comes between two utterly brilliant songs.
>>
>>69064345

after the kaiju trend
>>
>>69064321
a lot of the founding fathers were monarchist and feudalist desu. It is actually quite astounding that we've never had a real kind. George washington could have been if he wanted to
>>
>>69064833
Yeah, fair enough.

Right Hand Man is pretty top-tier as well
>>
>>69064762
BRRRRAP BRRRRAP
>>
Question:

Why does discussing an actress get you banned immediately but a thread that has nothing to do with television or film get stay on the board?
>>
>>69064816
And he probably would have changed his tune on a lot of things if he lived one hour in modern America.
>>
>>69064853
Yup, Hamilton actually suggested a form of elective Monarchy as a system of government. When the war broke out, the rebels even toasted King George. They (quite rightly) didn't blame him for the conflict, instead putting the blame on the Government.

Sadly King George has become unfairly demonized for the whole thing, despite being a very good King.
>>
>>69064614
>musical that is pro- Hamilton and about his life
>wanting Jefferson to be portrayed anything but the scum of the earth

maybe you didn't understand the two men's relationship
>>
>>69064894
if you earnestly believe actress "discussions" aren't just bait threads and thinly veiled excuses to post suggestive pics you're gullible as fuck.
>>
>>69064816
>implying that has the same connotation now as it did back then

most people in the North were abolitionist, but you still found more race issues there than even in the south. Pretty sure they had a big lynching problem in New York
>>
>>69064894
Because there's nowhere else you can discuss the art of theater on 4chan, and since theater is a precursor to film it has more to do with it than whatever waifu thread you were planning on cooking up
>>
I can't tell if the white actress is hot, and if so how many of those bulls she's been fucked by
>>
didn't he manage a sugar plantation

that musical sucks
>>
>>69064642
I'd add Wait for It to God tier
>>
>TFW Hamilton was an asshole and everyone from Adams to Jefferson hated him
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 400x400
>>69065057
>White
Asian bruv
>>
>>69064894
Go throw a tantrum somewhere else you autistic fuck
>>
>>69065092
>asian

pic unrelated?
>>
>>69065092
she looks mixed
>>
>>69065127
Her last name is Soo
>>
>>69065083
Spoilers, most of the founding fathers were assholes. Some were just bigger assholes than others.
>>
File: hamilton_soo1a.jpg (401 KB, 1334x2000) Image search: [Google]
hamilton_soo1a.jpg
401 KB, 1334x2000
>>69065057
>>69065092
Philippa Soo is adorable :3
>>
>>69065213
>le evil white men

kill yourself. You have no evidence to back that up. What does that even mean they were assholes? You are going to have arguments and disagreement when creating a new country. That does not mean they were asshole. That's literally just a thing minorities say because the constitution was written by white men for white men, as it should be
>>
File: image.png (187 KB, 267x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
187 KB, 267x400
>>69065228
>not having based Sam Barks as your Broadwayfu

Come on, son
>>
GREATJOB
>>
>>69065302
Hold up bud when did he bring race into this?
>>
>>69065302
>has issues with the phrase "evil white men"
>says things like " just a thing minorities say" and "by white men for white men, as it should be"

erm, I've got bad news for you, anon.
>>
>>69065362
he didn't but that is the claim non-whites always say and it's incredible annoying. People who know nothing of history just make some random fuck retarded statement like the joker I responded to
>>
>>69065426
>that is the claim non-whites always say and it's incredible annoying
I never heard it like that but I getcha man
>>
>>69065302
> Someone critiques historical figures without mentioning race once
> "I BET THEM EVIL MINORITIES ARE BEHIND THIS"

Hi /pol/
>>
>>69065078
It's more good/meh tier than anything
>>
>>69063926

Nah, he just sets out a plan of imperialism and abusing the Constitution for his own purposes.

Fuck Hamilton, bruh. Aaron Burr greatest hero of our time.
>>
>>69065078
Shit, how did I forget that one? Lin-Manuel even said it was the best thing he ever wrote, alongside The Room Where it Happens
>>
>>69065557
I AM THE ONE THING IN LIFE I CAN CONTROOOOL
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 500x375
>>69065557
Room Where it Happens is 100% based. Sounds really similar to Friends On The Other Side from Princess And The Frog too, which I liked about it.

Can't wait to see what he does with Moana
>>
>>69065620
Shit, never made that connection before. But now I'm seeing the similarities, especially when Burr really gets into it at the end.
>>
> Still no word on when tickets for the London production are going on sale

Better bloody hurry up, I'm far too hyped about this
>>
>>69065766
they pushed it back by a year or so because it's doing so well on Broadway. i know that feel.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.