[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Hodor faking his retardation??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
File: Hodor-Brain-FEAT.jpg (156 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Hodor-Brain-FEAT.jpg
156 KB, 970x545
Is Hodor faking his retardation??
>>
>>69060722
Hodor.
>>
>>69060722
le ebil curse XDD
>>
Hodor
>>
>>69060722
why don 't you ask him?
>>
>>69060722
no,he is magiced into it. also maybe its because he did not get much screen time(and he got simple orders) but his intelligence seemed better, like he gets non verbal cues and shit. last year he was afraid of lighting and acting like feeding himself would be hard
>>
>>69060805
>hodor hodor hodor

Wow great explanation I didn't even think of that oh boy well that explains it!
>>
My guess is that he got kicked in the head by a horse
>>
>>69060957
Yep, seems like the most likely explanation

>All that wasted combat potential
>He will never be The Mountain of the North
>>
File: Brendan_Fraser_s_suffering.gif (1 MB, 250x360) Image search: [Google]
Brendan_Fraser_s_suffering.gif
1 MB, 250x360
L M A O what a shitty fucking character. Why are people watching this crap?
>>
>>69060957
What the fuck is even the point of introducing the plot thread of him not being retarded at one point if the answer is that simple?
>>
>>69061056
>>69060722
>>69060855
>>69060957
>>69061019

My guess is that it involves him being forced to train to fight, and he is struggling and some fuckers knock his ass and almost kill him before Ned or Benjen or Lyana step in
>>
File: hodor.webm (606 KB, 352x198) Image search: [Google]
hodor.webm
606 KB, 352x198
>>69060722
Obviously he found out Ned's secret regarding Jon, so Ned buggered him repeatedly why shouting "Hodor!" until that was the only thing poor Willis could ever say ever again.
>>
>>69060722
bran can warg him and use him like a meat puppet so i'm guessing he is not
>>
>>69061153

>Obviously he found out Ned's secret regarding Jon

I'm pretty fucking sure this will happen but he was already Hodorized by then so he didn't have the means tell anyone about it.
>>
>>69060751
first post is the first post
>>
>>69060722
>>69061401
When Bran wargs into Hodor he still can't speak properly. So no, he's not faking.
at least not in the books
>>
>have huge as fuck giant kid just sitting there waiting to be turned into a monster warrior
>NOO BUT HE'S JUST A STABIL BOY DABID HE CAN'T FIGBT
>ONLY NOBILITY ARE ALLOWED TO WEAR ARMOR AND CARRY A SWORD
>>
He went too deep into the crypts of Winterfell. That's why his only says Hodor.

Also, he is warged by the Great Other.
>>
Bobby B bashed his head for shit talking about his woman loving the dragon
>>
File: Time for a lifeline.jpg (51 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
Time for a lifeline.jpg
51 KB, 550x366
>Hodor sitting beneath a tree as the snow falls, gazing up into the tree tops.
>After a time, he looks down and picks a small flower that has pushed its way up out of the snow.
>He twirls it in his fingers for a moment before suddenly shifting his gaze directly towards the camera.
>"O, what a rogue and peasant slave am I. Is it not monstrous that this player here, but in a fiction, in a dream of passion, could force his soul so to his own conceit? That from her working all his visage wann’d, tears in his eyes, distraction in’s aspect-"
>He picks a petal from the flower and lets it fall, watching it drift away in a gentle breeze.
>"-a broken voice, and his whole function suiting, with forms to his conceit?"
>He lets the flower fall and sits up.
>"And all for nothing."
>Distant sound of someone calling for Hodor.
>He looks annoyed for a moment before rising to his feet, brushing the snow from his clothes and smiling at the camera.
>"Well, it's been a pleasure, but I'm afraid I must return to my duties."
>He gives a curt bow and a wink before striding off camera.
>>
>>69060722
Obviously. He was living off that sweet Winterfell disability.
>>
>>69060722
What's funny is like a lot of the older generation know he has a real name, but just call him Hodor.
>>
He took a vow of Hodor.
>>
>>69060722
I'd fake retardation to get at that boipussy.
>>
I'm pretty sure he witnessed something before he became hodorized and now lives with this vague memory that he isnt able to share.
>>
>>69062775
in the winterfell crypts.
>>
He probably has damage to Brocha's area of the brain, which has compromised his speech.
>>
>>69062821
Whenever you witness forbidden love in Winterfell, you become a retard?
>>
Are there something like half giants in the got world?
>>
>>69062761
Underrated
>>
>>69060722
He's one of Robert's bastards.
>>
Hodor?
>>
>>69062756
Yep. It's their cruel inside joke.
>>
H + L = J
>>
>>69060722
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expressive_aphasia

he got bashed in the head.
>>
Clearly it won't be Cleganebowl it will be Robert Strong Vs Hodor.
>>
>>69063093

R+L=Hodor
>>
>>69062524
It was more his overprotective mother/carer
>>
Hodor
>>
>>69060722
You're certainly not.
>>
>>69062689
kek for the words you picked. That's a real literature talent there anon, at least better than grrm, a wider vocabulary.
>>
>>69063767
ur mum wasn't faking her org*sms last night
>>
>>69061056
it doesn't have to be some huge plot revelation, it can just be character development giving sympathy to a character who had an unlucky encounter

you'd be surprised how easily a completely random unlucky encounter can fuck up your life
>>
>>69060722
He's under the spell of Melissandra because he's seen her true form.
>>
I have a relative who hit his head as a child and got brain damage because they were too stupid to send him to the doctor right away.

He's the anti-Hodor; he speaks in very fast gibbering tics. You have to be around him for long to understand him. I barely understand him.
>>
>>69060722
I think that Qyburn was curious about his retardation and experimented on him
>>
>>69063874
>/tv/ doesnt even get hard movies
>thinking it can get /lit/
hahaha you faggots are all funny
verbose is the future
>>
>>69063939
>org*sms
This place isn't c******d you f*****t.
End thyself.
>>
>>69063874

It's from Hamlet you fucking hyperpleb.
>>
Reminder Walder "Hodor" would have literally been the best warrior in seven kingdoms if he was just trained to fight. he's like a Gregor without muh milk of the poppy and headaches
>>
So is there magic involved or what?
>>
What is "hodor" anyway?

I bet it is related to some major plot shit/secret.
>>
>>69062524
YEAH JUST TURN YOUR SWEET SIMPLE CHILD INTO A KILLING MACHINE INSTEAD OF LOVING AND PROTECTING IT
>>
>>69064777
Its actually "Hold her"
>>
>>69064777
It's a rendition of the same general phonetic outpouring that gave us "Hurr durr" and variants, as well as the much older "A-daw". Not even joking.
>>
it's just a prank
>>
Knowing GoT, him becoming imbecile must have had some tragic backstory.... It is known.
>>
>>69062524

Given the culture and class thing in the GoT world yeah thats about right. Guys like Hodor weren't trained to fight like knights because knighthood and all that was considered reserved for the higher class. It was noble and you cant muddy it with stable boys.

If anything guys like hodor were given an axe or a pike and told what to do if war broke out.
>>
File: oh my god.jpg (83 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
oh my god.jpg
83 KB, 1600x900
>>69060722
Yfw he is Azor Ahai and nan is a red witch
>>
>>69062107
>Hodorized
kek
>>
>>69065297
>Not even joking.
Maybe not, but you're sure as shit making things up. We don't know where the word came from.
>>
>>69065460
One didn't need to be a knight to wear armour; if you were a professional soldier, or "man at arms" as they were also known, then you would wear armour regardless of whether or not you'd had your shoulders touched by royalty
>>
>>69066047
>Maybe not, but you're sure as shit making things up.

Well, yeah, it's making a reasonable inference. I'm not sure why you think a mentally-impaired character with aphasia would say something other than a vague ejaculation and I'm not sure why you suspect that ejaculation's morphological similarity to a commonly-used IRL ejaculation denoting a class of afflictions broadly similar to Hodor's is just a coincidence.

It's certainly the most elegant explanation of all the available facts by a country mile.
>>
File: 1378049596737.jpg (16 KB, 214x214) Image search: [Google]
1378049596737.jpg
16 KB, 214x214
>>69060957

> a horse in GoT is like a bowling ball being dropped on your head in The Flintstones

I would not be surprised in the slightest if D&D write a second character with this affliction.
>>
I thought he was retarded just as an excuse to be a warg vessel
>>
>>69065297
That reminds me of some awful book I once read, about a serial killer that dressed in a full-body latex suit or something. He was dubbed Squeegel or something because that was the only sound a toddler could make after he chopped up his mum.
>>
>>69061051
Why aren't you watching it? Surely you could relate to a lumbering retard.
>>
File: Keyser_Söze_-_photo[1].jpg (56 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Keyser_Söze_-_photo[1].jpg
56 KB, 300x400
>>69060722

>post yfw Hodor is the kayser soze of GoT
>>
File: so.jpg (1 MB, 936x1486) Image search: [Google]
so.jpg
1 MB, 936x1486
>>69067277
>>
>>69067312
If only Germany would have won the war...
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.