[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait, /tv/ HATED these movies? But they had everything you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: star_trek.jpg (584 KB, 1640x1160) Image search: [Google]
star_trek.jpg
584 KB, 1640x1160
Wait, /tv/ HATED these movies?

But they had everything you guys always talked about wanting to see.

They were literally Trek kino.
>>
>>69055954
Not at all. I fact many didn't want to see a rebooted trek film at all.
>>
>>69055954

It was made by a Jew, so of course they hated it.

What did you expect them to overcome their autistic bias?
>>
>>69055991
Because every other trek film was so based....

but seriously other then the lens flares people had no qualms. QUIPS OMFG QUIPS who wants to hear comedy. everything needs to be gritty dark for you 25 year old fucks.
>>
>>69055954
>doesn't continue the trek story
>instead does what it want's because lol parallel universe
>is just another pew pew sci-fi action movie with a star trek theme
>Spock isn't a vulcan anymore but a human with pointy ears
No thanks.
>>
>>69056488
spock is a gay actor
>>
>>69055954
>literally Trek kino

They were literally a Trek movie theatre? What?
>>
I hate to say it, but those movies did deliver what a lot of Trek plebs wanted.

Basically everyone who considers First Contact to be a good movie should logically be happy with 2009 and Into Darkness.
>>
>>69056634
or anyone that saw Khan....
>>
>>69056634
>plebs

"plebes", you uneducated meme spouting hipster
>>
>>69056021
>Because every other trek film was so based....
If you dont count any TNG movies.
>>
>>69055954
>Trek kino

I want this kino meme to die

Also those movies were terrible
>>
>>69056634
>Basically everyone who considers First Contact to be a good movie should logically be happy with 2009 and Into Darkness.
Anyone who likes first contact needs to be dropped off on planet rapegangs.
>>
The first one was alright and set up for a sequel that could have been weightier and a little less flashy but still inline, tonally and aesthetically, with what you'd expect from a modern blockbuster.

But they really screwed the pooch and made an even dumber sequel full of plot cop outs that a cartoon would be too embarrassed to use.

It's like The Force Awakens. It's a serviceable course correction but they desperately need to not fuck it up and steer it in the right direction.
>>
>>69055954
First one was very enjoyable, but not Star Trek
Second one was shite, but the 'turn around' scene made it worth my time.
>>
File: fqakg2q4nqjveo3qrf7g.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1153) Image search: [Google]
fqakg2q4nqjveo3qrf7g.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1153
>>69055954
First movie is a space movie with Star Trek skin. Enjoyable but forgettable.
Second movie is straight up shit.

>>69056634
>>69056898
First Contact was great fight me nerds.
>>
>>69056589
Kino is short for 'absolute kinography', a Soviet term for movies with an absolute divide from traditional methods of storytelling
>>
Into Darkness is such a misguided movie. It's like no one involved wanted to be working on a Star Trek movie. The first actually had that space adventure vibe but ID was some weird ass mix of whatever the fuck was popular the time.
>>
>>69055954
>kino
I still don't know what that means, but I can't imagine how there'll ever be a better Star Trek movie than Wrath of Khan.
>>
>>69055954
>kino meme
gargle bleach
>>
>>69059105
>I can't imagine how there'll ever be a better Star Trek movie than Wrath of Khan.
no one can
>>
>>69059105
>I still don't know what this means
See >>69059000
>>
Why the hell are they holding guns?
>>
I've loved TV Trek since I was a kid and I'd still put Trek 09 as the second-best of all the movies, I love that film and its pure, unabashed joy.

Someone had to come in and do something radical with Trek, anyone who watched Enterprise and those last few movies had to know the old guard had bled themselves dry and the old format was basically done. JJ was the perfect option, in that he was a technically competent director who had no fandom for the original series and wasn't beholden to anything it did, he was willing to execute his creative vision without feeling the need to tie himself down to the Trekkies.

I even kind of like Into Darkness, despite it being a flaming mess on a screenplay level and basically rehashes entire sections of the first movie for no reason at all.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.