[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started watching this for the first time. Why aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
Just started watching this for the first time.

Why aren't more detective shows like this? It's brilliantly scripted and Peter Falk has an impeccable performance as the lead.

Why dont you talk about this more?
>>
>>69054329
Peter Falk is great, and I love how undemanding this show is. They start with showing you the murder, as well as who committed it, and after that you can just take a nap while Columbo lulls you with a wave of his cigar.

Oh, and just one more thing, wasn't William Shatner in one episode?
>>
I prefer the episodes where we don't know who the killer is, but the ones showing the murder first are great too

one more thing, I wish we'd see his wife :3
>>
>>69054329
it's a classic show

not much needs to be said, it's fantastic
>>
Wow, there's actually seeded torrents up for it now
What's a good season to start with?
>>
>>69054329

>Why aren't more detective shows like this?

There's dozens of weekly episodic copshit shows on network television at any given time
>>
>>69054529
No, not like this.
>>
>it's a the evidence could not be more flimsy but the killer confesses anyway episode
>>
>>69054464
I always assumed he didn't have one

he'd just go home to his mostly empty single man apartment and just sit there lonely and bored out of his head
>>
wew my dad loves this show, I've been watching it for years and as >>69054406 said it's one of the most relaxing shows ever made, but at the same time if you want to get iinvolved a bit more it won't disappoint you
>>
>>69054930
Shes the bitch that keeps their other better car all to herself. The one Columbo drives runs but its just to get from A to B.
>>
>>69054505
Honestly I just look at episode descriptions on wikipedia and pick guest stars I wanna see. Highly recommend the Johnny Cash episode.
>>
>>69054551
I'd confess to Columbo desu
>>
File: tvgc79.jpg (13 KB, 225x322) Image search: [Google]
tvgc79.jpg
13 KB, 225x322
>>69054930
He has one, they even tried to make a show about her as a detective starring Janeway (Kate Mulgrew).

The creators and producers bickered about the show because the creators never wanted Mrs. Columbo to be shown and the producers of the new show wanted her. In the end they kept the name but made it so she was married to some other cop named Columbo, but originally it was meant to be about Columbo's wife.

There's enough references to other people having met and seen Mrs. Columbo that it's pretty well established that he has one. The thing is, she's supposed to be pretty young and they supposedly wed a year or two before his first TV appearance.

Just accept her as being like Maris from Frasier.
>>
>>69054930
she called him and vice versa in couple of episode. also he had to pick her gay dog andpet shop ownerxwas talking with his wife before
>>
There comes a point where a show is simply just too good to be discussed on /tv/
>>
The pilot episode, intro included, is pure kino.
>>
>>69054488
Pretty much this.

My favorite part is how he trolls the fuck out of the murderers.
>>
File: untitled.png (2 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
2 MB, 1280x1024
>>69055471
>>
>>69054541
The closest to it in tone among modern police shows, at least to me, is the Law and Order with Vincent Dinofrio in it. The detective he plays in that one is a lot like Columbo in that he's disguising a whole lotta smarts behind a whole lotta weird.
>>
One of my favorite films starting Peter Falk is 'murder by death' a spoof of all the early detective movies.
Worth a watch.
>>
>>69054329
it's really comfy and nostalgic.
i like to "watch" it while playing Lord of the Rings Online and munching icecream
>>
>>69055788
I've seen that, it's great. It's a murder mystery.
>>
<3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACIjEqUG5oE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ0PzRuAv0Y
>>
File: Psych_usa_wallpaper_1024.jpg (172 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Psych_usa_wallpaper_1024.jpg
172 KB, 1024x768
>>69055579
Psych and Monk is ultimate comfykino.
>>
>>69055579
>>69056043
Great taste comfybros
>>
>>69055901
Which server :3?
>>
>>69055788
That movie's so fucking great.

NOBODY MOVE!
I gotta hit the can.
>>
>>69054329
Because no one comes to the internet to share what they enjoy. They come to vent about what they hate.
>>
>>69057566
I fear that when the internet achieves true sentience, its first official communication will start with the words "I HATE."
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.