[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of Memories?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: memories.jpg (991 KB, 1000x1418) Image search: [Google]
memories.jpg
991 KB, 1000x1418
What does /tv/ think of Memories?
>>
I think I wish America could afford to produce animation that takes it seriously seriously.
>>
I don't remember
>>
Magnetic Rose is a masterpiece. Feels like the best of Ridley Scott and Spielberg rolled into that short. Stink Bomb is fun, but forgettable, and Cannon Fodder feels like an expiremental short from the 80's independent animation scene.
>>
>>69050343
gilded!
>>
Magnetic Rose, amazing.
Stink Bomb, ok.
Cannon Fodder, looks different, meh.
>>
>>69050363
I agree with this. I like that each film is vastly different from one another and I enjoy them all, but Magnetic Rose elevates the anthology to great heights just on its own.
>>
>>69050314
It's a real shame, because America is the godfather of animation and continually took it to new levels of innovation and artistry up until a certain point where its growth was stunted, and in many areas began to decline as it became constricted to children's television and comedy. Japan's industry on the other hand has since flourished by making an effort to reach new audiences and expanding the scope of what is possible with animation. It's rather sad really, but I'm glad they took the torch from the Americans and prevented it from becoming a dead medium.
>>
>Look out world, here comes my live action Magnetic Rose
>>
>>69050724
Japan's state of the art animation industry is dying, too. It's been in slow decline ever since the economic bubble burst there. You gotta remember Memories is over 20 years old now.
>>
>>69050803
Yeah true, but at least Japan still produces a wide variety of content. CG animation has mostly killed off traditional animation in the west, though I guess it's still got a foothold in children's programming and stuff like adult swim. I enjoy CG animation on its own merits but it just doesn't capture the same kind of beauty that traditional animation does.
>>
It's great and way above the other anime anthologies like Robot Carnival.
>>
File: robot carnival.jpg (56 KB, 498x303) Image search: [Google]
robot carnival.jpg
56 KB, 498x303
>>69050288
It's ok. Robot Carnival is better.
>>
>>69050288
GOAT
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.