[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this kino? I think objectively its the best Pixar film.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: 511pMVAwuAL.jpg (61 KB, 366x500) Image search: [Google]
511pMVAwuAL.jpg
61 KB, 366x500
Is this kino? I think objectively its the best Pixar film.
>>
>"Anyone can cook"
>Linguini objectively cannot cook
What did he mean by this?
>>
Definitely my favorite Pixar film yeah.
>>
>>69043119
Litteraly explained in the ending monologue
>>
>>69043102
It's based. It's kind of a sad story when you learn about the chef it was based on because he killed himself.
>>
the cuck is kino?
>>
>>69043102
I was gonna say Wall-E, but the second act blew so hard it made the movie worse.
Yes, Ratatouille is the best
>drama
>goofy, but lovable and unique characters (autistic rat likes to cook)
>sexual tension
>suspense
It's the best hands down, waaay better than Up
>>
File: 1452480392884.jpg (37 KB, 553x562) Image search: [Google]
1452480392884.jpg
37 KB, 553x562
>>69043102
underrated
>>
Top tier comfy too
>>
>>69043219
Tragic how he flung himself onto that mousetrap.
>>
>>69043219
He single handedly ruined high class kitchen with his "small portions" meme.
>>
>"Change is possible, and it begins when we decide to do it"
>Remi starts walking on his rears
>"Where are you going Remi?"
>"With luck, forward."

Literally the Citizen Kane of Pixar movies.
>>
>>69045099
I'm retarded:

>"Change is nature, dad. The part that we can influence. And it starts when we decide"
>>
Ratatouille and Incredibles tied for #1
>>
>>69043102
It's also very refreshing compared to the rest of Pixar's lineup, where the plot almost always boils down to two characters who don't get along going on a journey to X place.
>>
>>69045273
Based Brad Bird.

I'm looking forward to Incredibles 2, but I kind of wish Pixar would stop turning into a sequel factory. Let Bird knock it out of the park with another original Pixar movie.
>>
>>69045347
That literally only happens in 3 Pixar films.
>>
>>69045400
Very true. Bird turned a shitstorm mess of an idea into the best Pixar movie we have. Really wish he'd be brought back on board for another Pixar flick
>>
>>69045424
>toy story
>toy story 2
>finding nemo
>cars
>up
>wall-e
>inside out
>the good dinosaur
>>
>>69045499
>cars
>wall-e
>toy story 2
>inside out

These are incorrect you turd.
>>
>>69045576
How is Inside Out not exactly that?
>>
>>69045612
All the characters know each other, Joy doesn't dislike Sadness, Sadness is just acting funny.
>>
>>69045273
>>69045400
And yet Tomorrowland was trash, what went wrong?
>>
>>69045674
They still don't get along, their relationship is far from friendly. Joy is a bitch who isolates Sadness and pushes her away because she doesn't understand her.
>>
>>69043102
thats not inside out m8
>>
>>69045862
Go to bed, dad
>>
>>69045862
Inside is the best Disney Pixar film besides - maybe - Wall-E
>>
>>69045499
>Monster's Inc
>Monster U
>>
>>69043102
the human stuff is very entertaining. nothing new. just some solid comedy

the stuff from the rats' perspective is shitty kids movie stuff

it's half a good movie
>>
>>69043102
I really liked how they made the food look.
>>
Why didn't he just heat up a Totino's pizza bros?
>>
Up is the best Disney movie
>>
>>69045712
That one studio head that kept meddling in shit.

They removed him about half a year back.
>>
File: 1443148863419.png (83 KB, 590x385) Image search: [Google]
1443148863419.png
83 KB, 590x385
>Jumps out of a window
>*FREEZE FRAME*
>"Yeah that's me"
>>
what the fuck is kino

you guys have the worst fucking memes
>>
>>69044778
kek
>>
>>69047977

I have held the opinion for YEARS that if Remy couldn't talk the movie would be 10x better and possibly the best Pixar film.

Everything from Remy's POV is hokey shit and Patton Oswalt's voice makes it impossible to take it seriously. But there's something cute about a rat communicating through gestures and it was legitimately adorable any time he interacted with Linguini. It's why WALL-E works too. He barely talks.
>>
>>69050612
Looking at the film you kinda get the idea that maybe that was the original idea. You don't really see a talking animals movie that often where said animals can't talk to humans or other animals, we only heard rats talking to rats and people talking to people.

But a silent mc in a kids movie was probably too bold/out there to get it made, so they had to compromise and have him talk through some parts. It's 101 Dalmations-ish like that.
>>
>>69050738

Not only that but Remy just feels like a different character around Linguini. More innocent and playful. Whereas when he's in rat mode he's snarky and whiny.

But even beyond personality just the physical animations. He's a lot more childlike when he's silent and shown just through his movements.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.