[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come bad comedians (George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Louis CK)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: hedberg.jpg (37 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
hedberg.jpg
37 KB, 640x360
How come bad comedians (George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Louis CK) always want to soap box and tell you their opinions while good comedians (Dave Chappelle, Mitch Hedberg, Norm Macdonald) don't?
>>
Carlin and CK are good
>>
Obviously because they have an when's to push because they're either posted to our they're self-righteous fags.
>>
>louis CK
>bad

I dont like his standup but pound for pound he's one of the best living comedians. Unless you're a stanhope fag like myself but for the sake of argument lets not take taste into account.

And humor is subjective, stop nitpicking.

Hedberg was amazing though. First time I heard the "I went to the store to buy a candleholder, they didn't have one so I bought a CAKE" my head almost came off
>>
>>69040258
what did he mean by this?
>>
I haven't seen a ton of CK material but in what I saw he never really soapboxed.
>>
>>69040250
>Carlin and CK are good

Not really. Especially CK who's comedy comes off as Sesame Street for adults
>>
>>69040250
Neck yourself m8.
>>
File: 57237343.jpg (91 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
57237343.jpg
91 KB, 400x400
>>69040286
>>
>>69040266
Stanhope the GOAT
>>
File: 1454312652761.jpg (1 MB, 1515x1445) Image search: [Google]
1454312652761.jpg
1 MB, 1515x1445
>>69040258
An erudite observation
>>
>>69040195

When you run out of material, you just commentate. Some comedians stick with the latter.
>>
They are trying to copy Lenny Bruce, who for some reason is loved by comics.
>>
>>69040250
I fucked up my post with Swype abd now I'm laughing.
>>
If you don't think carlin and CK are good you need to watch more comedy. They may not be your style but they know/knew what they're doing, the timing, the creation of a joke/story. The very large majority of comedians are awful and make me cringe, you just like a detain style.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.